New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 9, 2009 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
Satyricon-Dark Medieval Times
Omae wa mo shindeiru.
May 25, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
Wow. de mysteriis dom sathanas is not on the list. Mayhem is my favorite band of all time!
Quote from wikipedia: "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is widely acclaimed as one of the masterpieces of the black metal genre"
May 27, 2009 6:44 PM

Feb 2008
metallian said:
Satyricon-Dark Medieval Times

No, Satyricon is an embarrassment.

Danny1337 said:
Wow. de mysteriis dom sathanas is not on the list. Mayhem is my favorite band of all time!
Quote from wikipedia: "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is widely acclaimed as one of the masterpieces of the black metal genre"

Go back to mtv you conformist populist fuck.
Jun 1, 2009 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
:3
Jun 9, 2009 1:34 PM

Jun 2008
Ivantrollet said:

Go back to mtv you conformist populist fuck.

When did they start showing mayhem on mtv?
Jun 9, 2009 1:46 PM

Feb 2008
Danny1337 said:
When did they start showing mayhem on mtv?
About the time they started playing Burzum.

Nevertheless my statement was symbolical, not literal. Let me paint this out for you since you seem to be rather slow, your reasoning is that: critics and fans like "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" and that it's a valid argument for it being a good album. That is populism. So by that same reasoning Coldplay would be one of the best bands in the world right now.
Jun 9, 2009 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
Uh ok. Makes no sence but whatever, I couldn't care less about your childish explainations. =)
Jun 10, 2009 6:22 AM

Feb 2008
Makes no "sence"? Clearly your ability for logic is crippled, and I thought I was making myself clear.
Jun 12, 2009 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
Clearly you are just judging people with worse english grammar than yourself because you don't find anything else to complain about. Grow up? You have no idea how many languages I speak and which is my native language so you have no rights to complain about my grammar. That's just ... childish.
And about what you said earlier (Go back to mtv you conformist populist fuck.)
I'm not self-determined, I'm not into politics and I'm not watching MTV either. Just whose logics are crippled? o.0
Jun 12, 2009 5:41 PM

Feb 2008
Conformism or populism doesn't necessarily have to do with politics even though politicians are both conformist and populist. Like I said, my statement about MTV was SYMBOLICAL, do you know what that means?
Jun 13, 2009 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
Yes, my friend. It means that your statement was absolutely unnecessary.
Jun 18, 2009 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
No it means that it's not to be taken literally. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Stop being such a fag about it, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be rather mainstream like you, it's you that put value on those words and get offended, obviously you need a shoulder, perhaps you should join the MAL emo butthurt squad.

It's fucking funny how you try to dribble away your obvious distress by putting on a nonchalant act, while all that insecurity shines through.
Jun 24, 2009 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
Danny1337: Seeing that your profile states that you like listening to garbage like In Flames and Children of Bodom, I'm not particularly surprised that your knowledge of black metal is limited to mainstream Norwegian stuff like Mayhem and Immortal. Whatevz.

/elitism
tehxsikkestJun 24, 2009 6:35 PM
Jun 24, 2009 6:32 PM

Sep 2008
I see a lot of idiocy in this thread. Oh and Dark Medieval Times is a great album.

Jun 25, 2009 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
tehxsikkest said:
Danny1337: Seeing that your profile states that you like listening to garbage like In Flames and Children of Bodom, I'm not particularly surprised that your knowledge of black metal is limited to mainstream Norwegian stuff like Mayhem and Immortal. Whatevz.
/elitism

Well I have a various taste of music. Seeing you calling Death metal garbage is just disrespectful to other people. I don't care how much of a fanatic you are of black metal but at least I have a wider taste. You aren't sitting in your room in a corner cutting yourself while headbanging with black clothes listening to black metal are you? Honestly i wouldn't be suprised.
I don't listen to too many black metal bands but most of them are norwegian I guess, except bathory (Mayhem, immortal, enslaved, gorgoroth, darkthrone, burzum, emperor and bathory is what i listen to of black metal)
Not sure what you guys think of those bands but at least it is black metal, and I like them. I'm not saying I don't like the ones listed in the first post, cuz i've never listened to them. They might be awesome, idk. I'm Norwegian so I've seen loads of norwegian black metal bands which is probably why i like them.
Mainstream? T_T I don't know many people IRL which listens to black metal, I thought I was different lol. Black metal aren't too popular in Norway though, I guess they are more common in othe countries.
Jun 26, 2009 9:54 PM

Dec 2007
To throw in my 2¢ on the original subject of this thread:
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Dødheimsgard - Satanic Art (all the DHG stuff after that is blehg though)
Blasphemy - Blood Upon the altar

Danny1337: I realize musical taste is subjective, but what you are listening to is metal that has been watered down to appeal to the largest possible demographic. For me at least it lacks the visceral intensity that makes metal so appealing to me. In Flames and CoB are both commercial melodeath (Their shirts are carried at hottopic, so don't try to tell me they aren't). You are perfect entitled to listen to them if you want, plenty of people love them. My complaint against them isn't based on the fact that they are dm, but because they are shitty gateway metal. They get a lot of hate and they are kind of trendy, but check out Arghoslent for some melodic death metal that is good in my opinion.

As far as people in other countries liking bm more than Norway, I think you're SOL. Norway (Scandinavia in general) probably has the greatest number of bm bands per-capita of anywhere in the world. It is also probably the country with the widest common knowledge of it. Metal in general seems to be more popular in Europe than here in the US. Unless you live out in the boonies you can probably find others who like it if you look harder. I live in Alabama, in the deep south of the united states. My city (Mobile) is over 50% African American and extremely culturally conservative and christian, and I can still find other kids who like black metal.
Jun 28, 2009 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
Heh. I know there are shitloads of blackmetal bands in Norway, I just don't know about many listeners. I've heard norwegian black metal is pretty popular in Italy, but what do I know. Thanks for your answer tehxsikkest, finally a decent comment >,<

I just listened to Beherit, that shit owns. Going to try Dødheimsgard, that's norwegian for sure though.
Jun 29, 2009 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
Danny1337 said:
Heh. I know there are shitloads of blackmetal bands in Norway, I just don't know about many listeners. I've heard norwegian black metal is pretty popular in Italy, but what do I know. Thanks for your answer tehxsikkest, finally a decent comment >,<

I just listened to Beherit, that shit owns. Going to try Dødheimsgard, that's norwegian for sure though.
Yeah, not all the Norwegian stuff is bad. The scene is just really stagnated. People wish it was still the early 90's. And a lot of the older bands have gotten commercialized.

For some good, but more modern BM, try Cobalt. Eater of Birds is their best, but I also like Gin.
Jul 2, 2009 12:55 PM

Dec 2008
I'm so noob lol the ones I like the most are the nature ones, but I shall follow the advices of my masters.

BTW <3 Ivantrollet
Jul 10, 2009 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
That Drudkh album is the best shit I've ever heard! I just downloaded it. Can't find the album in the stores or ebay though =(
Jul 29, 2009 7:04 AM
Jul 2009
because it is very rare... the Supernal Music (they publish first 6 albums of Drudkh) is very dificult in contact. But if you really want to buy this CD, try to contact with the Supernal Music

PS
My english is not good, so sorry for all the mistakes.
Aug 20, 2009 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
hmm... at this moment the best BM album for me would be Black metal ist Krieg by Nargaroth or Carelian Satanist Madness by Satanic Warmaster
I know that the night will save us all O Lucifer, O Morningstar
as long we praise the dragons call. how we praise your ancient fall
Sep 4, 2009 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
Live In Leipzig - Mayhem
Lunar Poetry - Nokturnal Mortum
Lurker of Chalice
Subliminal Genocide - Xasthur
The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide - Leviathan
Strength And Honor - Satanic Warmaster
Hellfire - 1349
Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua - The Meads of Asphodel
Five Tjolgtjarian Keys - Tjolgtjar
something from sigh
something from Anaal
Dec 15, 2009 11:50 AM

Jun 2007
Thunderbolt - Inhuman Ritual Massmurder
Feb 22, 2010 8:27 PM
Jan 2010
Obtained Enslavement-Witchcraft pure black metal
Lucifugum-Gates of Nocticula awesome!
Mar 18, 2010 1:03 AM

Jun 2008
Darkspace - Dark Space I
epic album
Mar 20, 2010 11:49 PM
Feb 2010
Endless Dismal Moan's "Lord of Nightmare" was a fair sweet album.
MourningFall
All problems in life can be solved with Opeth.
Mar 29, 2010 10:56 AM

Feb 2010
Watain - Sworn to the Dark is EPIC WIN
Jan 6, 2011 10:23 PM

Jun 2009
Well, my alltime-fav would be Lunar Aurora - Andacht. German Black Metal, and "Findling" pretty much the only song that actually mady me cry ;_;

And in the last few weeks, I enjoyed french Black Metal, like Akitsa - Soleil Noir and Peste Noir - La Sanie Des Siecles. Dunno why, but french sounds quite cool in Black Metal :D
Mar 13, 2011 9:12 AM
Feb 2010
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Mar 26, 2011 9:30 AM

Feb 2008
Danny1337 said:
tehxsikkest said:
garbage like In Flames and Children of Bodom

Death metal.

I lol'd
Apr 10, 2011 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
A Forest of Stars - The Corpse of Rebirth
Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Hail - The Inheritance of Evilness

I could go on... but there would really be no point to that.

I also find it humorous how this topic seems to be documenting "Danny1337"'s discovery of metal, or more specifically 'black metal'.

I think I too lol'd at the 'death metal' comment.
Sep 26, 2011 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Dissection - Storm Of Light's Bane
Watain - Sworn To The Dark
In Memorian - Insantification
Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
Bathory - Blood Fire Death

Yeah... The mainstream rules. This underground thing is but a illusion.

And don't get me wrong.... I like underground stuff.
Jun 28, 2012 2:58 AM
Jun 2012
all immortal and burzum albums
Jul 17, 2012 3:28 AM
Oct 2010
Don't really have a restricted fave list, but here are some I hold in high regard from non-first liner bands:
HATE FOREST - Purity
OLD WAINDS - Scalding Coldness
FROSTKRIEG - Majestätic Eines Kalten Elements
MOONBLOOD - Sob A Lua Do Bode (split w/ DEATHSPELL OMEGA)
ZEMIAL ‎– For The Glory Of UR
VOLAHN - Dimensiónes Del Trance Kósmico
BESATT ‎– Hellstorm
GONTYNA KRY - Welowie (originally a demo)
ISVIND ‎– Isvind (ep)
BEHEMOTH - ...from the Pagan Vastlands (ep) (pretty UG back then, not a fan now)
Jun 29, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2009
Craft - Void is my most recent favorite
Jul 16, 2013 4:47 AM
Jul 2013
Personal favourites. Most should fit right squarely to the 'Only kvlt' in op (which funnily enough, contained very little kvlt albums, heh).

Ildjarn - Ildjarn/Strenght & Anger
Forgotten Woods - The Curse Of Mankind
Antaeus - Cut your flesh and worship satan/Blood libels
Archgoat - Whore of Bethlehem
Barathrum - Eerie/Infernal
Blasphemy - Gods of War
Burzum - Filosofem
Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather
Cosmich Church - Arcana Dei II: Tuliset Siivet
Impaled Nazarene - Suomi Finland Perkele
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion
Nekrokrist SS - Suicide
Ride for Revenge - Under The Eye
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices
Woods of Infinity - Forlat
Zuriaake - Afterimage of Autumn
Mar 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Feb 2011
Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
Leviathan - Howl Mockery at the Cross
Lifelover - Konkurs and Pulver
Shining - V: Halmstad
Abyssic Hate - Suicidal Emotions
Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Horna - Haudankylmyyden mailla
Horna / Behexen -Split
Behexen - By the Blessings of Satan
Sargeist - Deciples of the Heinous Path
Satantic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
Dies Ater - Reign of Tempests

From the "Black Circle" and their swedish comrades:

Gorgoroth - Pentagram and Under the Sign of Hell (The best effort in BM-history for me)
Darkthrone - Under a Funderal Moon
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (especially for the same-titled Track)
Burzum - Det som engang var
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina/ Vulcano
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse / Prometheus
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Marduk - Nightwing
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane/Where Dead Angels Lie (even it's more Death Metal for me)
TodestriebMar 4, 2018 7:30 AM
Oct 12, 2018 6:42 PM
Oct 2018
An incredibly great album you probably dont know is Thy Darkened Shade - Liber Lucifer try it you wont regret it, its quite technical for black metal also, with lots of time signature's changes and so on, very aggressive, and even spiritual. Have a great time listening, I PROMISE you wont regret it =P

Oh yes Haudankylmyyden Mailla INCREDIBLE respect for mentioning it =D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» good BM albums?

llyonz - Oct 11, 2009

17 by retardretard »»
Apr 18, 8:53 PM

» Are you kvlt?

Muromuro - May 4, 2009

17 by UnculturedWhitey »»
Sep 8, 2012 10:59 PM

» -

outofuse - Mar 30, 2010

0 by outofuse »»
Mar 30, 2010 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.