Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2007 9:32 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
okkk it was a good epi
but it still cant give me the excitement which i got from season 1
and next epi it seem again no action either and an advice of margery daw
*oh great i would like it*sarcrasm
ofc shana didnt only have action scenes too
and imo i like the romance scene more but really it can be much better

geez after the more or less dissapointed zero no tsukaima 2nd season i hope it wouldnt happen to shana too
plz JC staff i want my shana back

ok after all it was a funny episode with whilhemina cooking and all
and now i am interested in that thing too:

and plz dont kill me for saying something like that i still like shana of course
maybe i was hoping too much....
Nov 3, 2007 9:49 AM

Oct 2007
I haven't seen it yet because I am faithfully waiting for the [SS-Eclipse] release. Well till then... ja nee. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2007 11:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm sure we'll get plenty of action in the later episodes, this was only episode #5 after all. I liked it and I'm looking forward to next week.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 3, 2007 1:09 PM

Sep 2007
I liked it too. Again, no action but it was enjoyable anyway. What happened between Ogata and Eita with the 'wanting-to-hold-hands-but-couldn't' was too cute ^^And Konoe bothered me even more this episode. But that bracelet in the first post is interesting...
Nov 3, 2007 1:50 PM

Aug 2007
It was ok, but the stupidity of Yuji and Shana is starting to get on my nerves.
Nov 3, 2007 2:07 PM

Mar 2007
Tenshin said:
now i am interested in that thing too:

Yes, I am a bit curious about it as well. After that scene I took note on that Konoe was wearing one too, so it could be something that makes them seem like humans.

But anyways, I liked this episode and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Nov 3, 2007 2:40 PM

Jan 2007
every time I see Shana and Yoshida alone together, i just can't help but laugh. Dont know why xD

Wilhelmina blushing = win

Nov 3, 2007 3:33 PM

Apr 2007
It was an alright episode, it's moving pretty slow so far though. But it's surely leading up to something pretty big and action filled :)
Nov 3, 2007 4:20 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was just more of the previous episode: more of Yuuji improving in training, Yuuji ignoring Shana and Yoshida and the both of them feeling jealous.

Well I just hope the future episodes improve, from these dull episodes. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2007 4:43 PM

Dec 2006
Hecate-clone seems even more suspicious now...

I'm happy, even Ike's scolding stupid Yuji.
Sorta.

xD Loved the end. It makes me hungry though....

Methinks that in two episodes we'll be getting some action.
I hope anyway.
Nov 3, 2007 5:12 PM
Oct 2007
Geez its just gettin more and more annoying:( Yuji is actiing like a jerk, Shana went emo and going there more and more each week:(gief action for christs sake. I will most likely put this on-hold after next ep and wait till airing end.

For me it seems like they didnt have enough plot for another 20+ episodes so they've just made up some stuff to fill it, tho i havent seen novels or manga, anyone who have actually read it ?
Nov 3, 2007 5:34 PM

Sep 2007
dragomir said:
Geez its just gettin more and more annoying. For me it seems like they didnt have enough plot for another 20+ episodes so they've just made up some stuff to fill it.
The action in the first and second episode was good, but now it's like some romance harem anime. Is the new girl Hecate or not? Are Shana and Yuji gonna get back together? When are these questions gonna get answered...and when will there be another major battle? ;_;

Nov 3, 2007 6:51 PM

Apr 2007
The series is going in the wrong direction in my opinion. Compared to all development by the 5th episode in first series, the genres appear to be switching. And there could be so much development in all these mind controlling enemies (even without action, but just investigating them alone).
Having a fighting soundtrack for Wilhelmina cooking is taking it too far.
I hope they catch themselves in time so it doesn't end up like failed TRC season 2.
Nov 3, 2007 8:56 PM

Jun 2007
I think its too early to say they've failed or comparing it to other flops. They're obviously building up to something and they're doing a good job at it. I have confidence that this will be good. I liked this episode too because Yuji got scolded, Wilhemina got some sage Chigusa advice, and Ogata & Eita's relationship is developing.

Nov 3, 2007 11:25 PM

Jun 2007
well... it wasnt the best episode, but it wasnt bad either, i cant think of a SnS episode being boring, it would be just too much...

the bracelet is pretty.... er... interesting, and suspicious, that made me think a little about konoe being into something related to the flame hazes or even bel peol (sp?)

yuji became stronger physically,and faster since he dodged wilhereminas attack... in any ways, he is still pretty ignorant.. i mean, for ike to scold hime...lame....besides, it seems like he is bad at understanding relationships...

seeing yoshida suffer doesnt bother me a bit though... she is getting too much screen time though =(

wilheremina trying to cook... pretty much like shana.... they made the effort, but it seems like wilheremina can achieve better taste than shana xD... besides, i think this is the second time i have seen wilheremina smile =D

next episode everybody gets together and meed margery... interesting...
Nov 3, 2007 11:29 PM

May 2007
People disappointed because they had too much expectations from Shana 2. And when it doesn’t deliver... yet, they blame the series early on.

Basically, Konoe remains as the center of attention while in other scenes; they're showing routines the other characters developed during the "normal days”. In addition to that, Wilhelmina now acknowledges Yuji’s developing Power of Existence and I appreciate that they do it slowly.

Moving to the drama angle, I’m not content with it so far. And so does a lot of people, apparently. It’s been two episodes and the next one doesn’t look much promising. Yes, we’re tired of Yuji’s “kind to other people” attribute since he really can’t avoid Konoe and he need to wake up and look around him. I just wish Ike is more aggressive and not just watch from behind. I’m glad he finally said something to Yuji.

Some pros in this episode brought to you by... Wilhelmina Carmel! From stop-watching cup noodles to kitchen pandemonium, she’s the only one worth of laugh. The soundtrack was obviously an add-on gag; who really expected a fight? :P
Nov 3, 2007 11:40 PM

Jun 2007
I thought it was an ok episode. The jealousy thing is starting to really annoy me.
Nov 3, 2007 11:50 PM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:
People disappointed because they had too much expectations from Shana 2. And when it doesn’t deliver... yet, they blame the series early on.

yes of course but i really had too big expectations
but its oblivously that shana 2 now is slowing down a bit

i am ok with this since i watched nanoha and know whats the meaning of "endure" is^^
it should only get a great end and i think i can forget the not so good epis
imo its also nearly impossible to produce all 26 epis epic^^

and i loved the first 2 epis and should know what they are able to do
so i think it wouldnt dissapointed me after all

uh and it seem many peoples dislike this epi
just for info i voted i like it^^
Nov 4, 2007 12:00 AM

May 2007
Yeah, let's not exaggerate this episode. "I like it" is what it deserves unless someone really, really love the Shana series. Shouldn't hurt that bad... it's only half an hour episode a week and we all got other anime to cheer on as well.

This kind of thing happens every new season when new series airs. I'm GLAD just to be able to see more Shana action and I'm optimistic that it'll continue an awesome series. ( ^^)b
Nov 4, 2007 1:32 AM

Oct 2007
Not a bad episode but I can't help to notice that it's starting to feel kinda boring or maybe it's just the slow pacing of the story. I hope the next episode will spice up some plot to the story. The episode title is kinda intriguing (>_<)

Nov 4, 2007 11:35 AM

May 2007
Yeah, im already getting pissed off with Shana and Yoshida backing off....
They were already fighting for Yuuji before, why not fight for Yuuji with hekate´s clone?
(I really don´t like her* so i don´t bother to try to remember her name....)
Im looking forward to next episode, it might fix the actual problems.

*I already said it: i don´t like her cuz she is just a moron. She got exactly NO common sense.
Its not like: "I hate her cuz she is stealing yuuji!!111one11eleven11<shift>1onehundredandeleven<shift>1111!!!!!<ctrl><alt><del> ROLFZOMGLOLZ, bi****."
Nov 6, 2007 7:25 AM

Oct 2007
ender650 said:

I agree... it feels like i'm watching the first season again... x_X
Sink... into Darkness!
Nov 7, 2007 7:23 PM
Apr 2007
It may be a little slow paced but compared to the arc transition from last time i like this one better and how can you not expect something in episode 7 when episode 6's title is "eve of trouble" or "trial eve"
Nov 7, 2007 11:15 PM

Oct 2007
oh no kidding, but when will we get to see yugi kick some ass, he's got all this power and no clue how to use it
Nov 10, 2007 5:39 PM

Jun 2007
it was a cute episode :3 but i kinda miss the action the first season had...

Nov 12, 2007 4:43 AM

Sep 2007
Me too.. I want shana and yuuji fighting against enemys again. Want some action.. but of course i liked this episode too, but I'm getting tired of no action...
Nov 26, 2007 5:16 PM

May 2007
i remembered wilhelmina saying there will be mor eaction in Season 2.
But all i see are 2 depressed girls and one guy who don't get it at all.
I want story and not only this Love story stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Feb 21, 2008 10:25 PM
Dec 2007
Don't both Hecate and Metamorphosis wear those silver bracelets?
Jul 17, 2008 11:16 PM

Apr 2008
dammit Yuji can be thick sometimes! these episodes piss me off, i wanna scream "SHE'S JEALOUS YOU EFFIN DUMBASS!!!!!!"

Oct 11, 2008 11:54 PM

May 2008
I really hate it when animes do things like this

I mean, come on. Am I really supposed to look at that and think the butler is ordinary now?
Jan 17, 2009 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
I hate it when animes have REALLY, REALLY STUPID MAIN CHARACTERS

>:[

Seriously, Yuji is so slow
Jan 26, 2009 8:05 AM

Jan 2008
There is one thing I have always wondered about thickheaded protagonists like Yuji. It's like he doesn't even know of the existence of most human emotions. What sort of childhood did he have? Was he locked up in the cellar all the time and therefore know nothing about human relationships? I mean, nowadays it's normal to at least have seen a few romantic movies in your whole life unless you live somewhere without electricity.

When he was talking about Shana being angry I was actually surprised that he even knew a word as complicated as angry. I mean, it's okay to be a little thickheaded but they should at least keep it within believable boundaries.

Since Yuji can't seem to figure it out himself he should try asking someone smarter than him, like a grade-schooler for advice. I'm rather sure it would all get cleared up in a matter of minutes if he used such an advanced method.
Jun 22, 2009 10:55 PM

Dec 2008
omfg i so want a cabbage roll now -de arimas

whoa wtf am i even watching the same shakugan no shana? barely any fight scenes lately.

and yuji... common, really? where's your common sense?
Jun 24, 2009 3:51 AM

Jun 2009
I honestly think constant action with no story is boring.. so i'm all for this season's pace.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 17, 2009 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
There was some funny stuff in this episode.
Nov 6, 2009 4:39 AM

May 2008
At first, I was really excited about this new Hecate of sorts entering the picture.
But this dragging on relationship drama is just annoying. I'm really for this arc or whatever to end and be done with.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 1, 2010 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
GOD DAMN IT, YUJI, DITCH THE BITCH !!! *very angry face* >_<
Grmo said:
I hate it when animes have REALLY, REALLY STUPID MAIN CHARACTERS

>:[

Seriously, Yuji is so slow

Same here >.>''''

Thank Marjery-san for making me less mad ^.^

How can there be good action, when the characters have other things on their minds? First of all they have to sort out their relationships with each other and then, finally, the anime's epic action scenes start appearing... at least that's what I think ^-^'
Jan 19, 2010 6:37 AM

Nov 2009
Lol the cabbage roll looked nice when in little portions..im hungry now T_T, it seems like kanoe is taking over yuji
Jan 22, 2010 11:37 PM

Dec 2009
It was a great episode, the only thing thats starting to piss me off is Konoe..
Feb 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
Enjoyable episode but missing the action. Wasn't it a full scale battle with Friagne by this time in the first season? Don't take my word for it though.

Also, gotta say I love Hecate in the OP. The whole look with the giant clock and clouds and shit in the background makes me think of her as an end boss in Final Fantasy, which is awesome. Hell this entire serie makes me think of Final Fantasy.
And also love the way they make the episode fade out through the reiji maigo (I think?) during the preview passing the cogs and everything, just love it for some reason.
BrustablettFeb 1, 2010 1:50 PM
Feb 6, 2010 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
Really slow episode ...

And Shana's doing it all wrong; if she still thinks that blue-haired girl is Hecate [which I believe she should still be suspicious about], then she shouldn't leave Yuji alone with her at AT ALL... Isn't her job to protect him?...

Mar 22, 2010 7:36 PM

Feb 2010
diamond9393anda said:
Really slow episode ...

And Shana's doing it all wrong; if she still thinks that blue-haired girl is Hecate [which I believe she should still be suspicious about], then she shouldn't leave Yuji alone with her at AT ALL... Isn't her job to protect him?...

Yup... Don't know why she isn't doing it right.
Aug 23, 2010 3:35 PM

May 2010
ChaoticHoshi said:
ender650 said:

I agree... it feels like i'm watching the first season again... x_X

Exactly! Didn't we already go through the exact same scenario in Season 1? Hmm, Shana is Jealous of other girl, Yuji doesn't get why she's acting like that, and thinks she's angry at him. Really, I mean, I'm all for easing off the action scenes in order to promote character development, but this is just boring and repetitive.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 9, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2010
my sick mind wanted shana and yoshida to les out on the rooftop :x

also
carmel cute<3
Nov 3, 2010 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
Sobzob said:
Tenshin said:
now i am interested in that thing too:

Yes, I am a bit curious about it as well. After that scene I took note on that Konoe was wearing one too, so it could be something that makes them seem like humans.

But anyways, I liked this episode and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I noticed in the previous episode that she was wearing one, since it was glimmering and had some focus placed on it... That's a good idea though, I didn't think that it might be something that could perhaps make a Tomogara seem human - maybe it's what prevented even Margery from identifying Hecate with that spell she cast? Hmmm. Speculation speculation...

Yeah, I "liked" this episode. And that's about it. Yoshida and Shana seem to be, sort of, becoming friends in a way, through the fact that they're both after Yuuji and both jealous that he's spending way too much freaking time with that annoying Hecate-lookalike. (Her supposed "innocence" bothers me somehow. And her attachment to Yuuji. Go away, little Hecate-copy, so we can move on with the story... Or hurry and reveal that you're Hecate so you can be destroyed and we won't have to see Yuuji being so stupid. D: )
Dec 8, 2010 5:53 AM

Aug 2010
Not really a lot to say apart from Wilhelmina is really growing on me, i couldn't stand her in the first season.
fuck everything and rumble
Jan 10, 2011 6:43 PM

Sep 2010
Those bracelets are suspicious, as are the cars.
Oooh, Eita making a move on Ogata. Nice. ;)
I was upset when Margery was only getting a massage. :(
I don't like Wilhelmina too much, but seeing a more emotional side of her is enjoyable.
Jun 5, 2011 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was pointless it was just like the last one no action and all it was. was showing shana and yoshida still jealous
Sep 15, 2011 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
Well at least Eita and Ogata made some progress...

I think we might see more action next time, particularly if the girls go to Margery for advice about their man troubles.....this could get interesting.

We know the Tomogara have something big in the works, it's only a matter of time before it cuts loose.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 21, 2011 3:38 PM

Mar 2011
That bracelet is intriguing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jan 21, 2008

71 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 16, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_MiV_ - Jan 13, 2008

99 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Dec 23, 2007

90 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

214 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Feb 29, 2008

79 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.