Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
I came into this show with somewhat low expectations. Lot of characters introduced, especially the girls group in class.

Some of the cheeky commentary were hard to get used to especially seeing how cartoony it was and Haruka talking. Speaking f Haruka, he's a bit of an airhead. Otherwise, it's an average start imo. Got the basic themes and story set up but it needs to do a lot more to improve the plot.
Sep 26, 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Fall 2024 has finally kicked off with JP early streams...and the first has to be an average Isekai of all things from lone author Shoji Goji.

By choice, Haruka chooses to be a loner against his class cliques of delinquents, valley gals, jocks, nerds and class reps, as he and his class gets Isekai-ed Arifureta style, and no matter where he hides, he's gonna get teleported like the rest of his classmates anyways. Of course, once he gets into another world, facing an old man giving him an introduction, as well as a wall of leftover skills and job classes that are weak and useless, barring that his classmates had taken all the best skills. And out of sympathy, all of the remainder classfiications are bestowed to Haruka, as well as his Villager A starter set to get his "Loner Life" going. But little does he know that when combined together, even the useless skills are worth something, that at least got him through the first day by setting up camp in an unused monster lair.

Day 2 of the Loner Life, and while preparing meals with the little that he has is a cinch, Haruka has to plan ahead, and that's where he finds monsters like small goblins to defeat and quickly become OP by surviving his first battle. Other than feasting on mushrooms day in and day out, Haruka continues his training as per usual while craving for meat all the more with defeating stronger mobs of goblins, and by Day 5, he's more than efficient to kill monsters and survive on his own. But with his classmates closing in, especially having the class rep as a childhood friend of interest, choosing between a potential girlfriend or the loner life...the latter matters all the more.

It's a mediocre start, nothing too fancy for a Loner Life-esque Arifureta premise.
KANLen09Sep 26, 10:06 AM
Sep 26, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Don’t know why the entire class getting isekaied has been the new norm apparently, but you know, at least for once we have an MC that DIDN’T want to get isekaied and let it happen for once lol. Dude tried to vent out and that magic circle just kept coming to him xD

For an isekai, an actual unique and nice start. Better than most of the slop we get, I guess. Just hope it would last more than like two episodes of this feeling.

P.S. I find it funny that this and Arifureta are airing in the same season lols.

Sep 26, 8:31 AM

Mar 2013
Man, this is another favourite getting adapted.
So far, the animation is smooth and I like it.
I hope, as well as the others, that every scene wouldn't be skipped.
I'm expecting a lot from this.

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 26, 9:01 AM
Jul 2023
An isekai parody of sort, slice of life episode. Like the chill vibe and diary like narration. So far so good.
Sep 26, 9:17 AM
Feb 2020
Decent start nothing to really write home about.Basically the standard isekaid scene and mostly showing using his useless skills in not so useless ways.At least non outright to be actually OP just yet.

The backstory with class rep was sort of interesting,also the good production.Dont have to be unique just need to execute it well is what looking for in these shows.
Sep 26, 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
At least this seems to be better than Failure Frame.
Sep 26, 10:07 AM
Aug 2013
Didnt watch yet, based on cover it looks like a harem shit, how is it?
Sep 26, 10:59 AM

Jan 2024
That's my "trash" seasonal Isekai.

Atleast so far they are committed to loner concept.
I think I first time saw guy trying to avoid get isekaid.
The skill systems were kinda overwhelming but the mc was decent at explaining. As expected those useless skills were pretty good. But still he has to work hard to survive. After 5 day finally caught a rabbit for his meat and it escaped..
Decent chill start, nothing special but did the basic Isekai 1st episode alright, animation quality is good too as well.MC is fine so far not a edgy weirdo neither too annoying. Also chose loner lifestyle instead of childhood friend. Respect+1...
Sep 26, 12:07 PM
Feb 2023
Edgy start with boring monologue
Sep 26, 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to NiJaS
Didnt watch yet, based on cover it looks like a harem shit, how is it?
@NiJaS

Easy skip if you aren't into isekai.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 12:29 PM

Oct 2011
IzanaSolos said:
Don’t know why the entire class getting isekaied has been the new norm apparently, but you know, at least for once we have an MC that DIDN’T want to get isekaied and let it happen for once lol. Dude tried to vent out and that magic circle just kept coming to him xD

For an isekai, an actual unique and nice start. Better than most of the slop we get, I guess. Just hope it would last more than like two episodes of this feeling.

P.S. I find it funny that this and Arifureta are airing in the same season lols.

Both LN published by the same company

He even was reading Arifureta LN before he got Isekai
Sep 26, 12:58 PM
Aug 2017
Kind of meh, but i'll give it two more episodes. I like the art style and the humor sets a nice self aware tone to it, but the first ep alone didn't really do anything to make me interested.
Sep 26, 1:04 PM
Aug 2012
Episode 1 looks like a generic class Isekai with an overload of skills that is impossible to follow and the usual 1 girl that the MC is fine with.

My expectations are not high for this anime.
Sep 26, 1:31 PM

Jun 2023
“Loner life”
Cover shows mc being chased by girls

Okay bro
Sep 26, 1:53 PM

Jan 2021
Some comedy was funny, but it was still an average start.

As usual, the loser skills are actually OP.

I hope the almost parodic tone will continue because if it gets serious, like Failure Frame...

I like the art style of the characters.
CielordSep 26, 3:25 PM
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 26, 2:10 PM
Dec 2022
I like the character designs and animation.
Luckily, there's no CGI.
I mean this is Passione we're talking about.
The monologues were boring at times, he should have kept it to a minimum.
I found him to be annoying at times but I was able to endure.
"I am gonna master this world alone".
Good, stick to that.
Cause bruh, if you start attracting girls for a harem and gain companions, I'mma be pissed fr fr.
Don't go against your ideals when you're just starting out.
Sep 26, 3:44 PM
Sep 2024
why the release date is different? on MaL they will in oct then now start airing?
Sep 26, 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
Low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
Gonna look forward to this one!
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 26, 4:27 PM
Aug 2020
Not expecting that much before ep 1, nothing change at the end but i want to see how it goes…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 26, 4:52 PM
Mar 2024
It's very good. It's very good, I like this series
Sep 26, 5:43 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Shintarou_Kouga
why the release date is different? on MaL they will in oct then now start airing?
@Shintarou_Kouga
Each episode was streamed one week in advance of the TV broadcast from September 27, 2024, on ABEMA and HIDIVE. Regular broadcasting began on October 4, 2024.

It was literally written for you in the background section.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 26, 6:00 PM

Mar 2014
Yes! finally the manga made it to Anime !!!
Sep 26, 6:45 PM
Aug 2024
As a big Isekai fan, was looking forward to this one because this season is surprisingly sparse on them; think there's only about 3 that aren't a season 2 of a returning show.

Already knew I would enjoy this one when they started with the meta jokes at the beginning; you know the genre has become big when its reached the point where even the characters know its an Isekai and say "its just like those novels!"

Don't know why he had to knock the mushrooms though; mushrooms are pretty great when you make them the right way.

I could tell from the cover art alone he's not going to be a "loner" much longer, but the usage of tropes is not a problem in and of itself- its what you do with a trope that determines if its good or bad.

I consider the release of this show to basically be the start of the Fall 2024 season; looking forward to what's in store the rest of the season

side note- I keep track of Isekai mechanisms; score one more point for magic circle. Man, the "truck cliche" isn't much of a cliche anymore, lol
Sep 26, 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
Incredibly dull and boring. Isekai authors please do not devote the entire first chapter to testing powers and monologuing to yourself unless your main character is one of the most enjoyable or interesting characters
Sep 26, 9:54 PM

Jun 2024
This was a fun 1st episode.
I like this main character and his positive energy.
Looks like the skills he got are great for every situation.
I am definitely going to continue to watch this.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 26, 10:07 PM
Apr 2024
This could be interesting. At least it's pretty funny and lighthearted so far. Will keep watching
Sep 26, 11:31 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to Shintarou_Kouga
@Shintarou_Kouga

Webstream like Abema early premiere one week than reguler tv broadcast

When Abema release episode 1 ( 27 Sep 2024 ), then tv broadcast will release Episode 1 ( 4 Oct 2024 )

When Abema release episodr 2 ( 4 Oct 2024 ), thenntv broadcast will relerase episode ( 11 Oct 2024 )
Sep 27, 1:43 AM

Apr 2021
1st trash isekai of the season. Decent animation but as still as trashy as most other.

But it wasn't that boring though. I could finish the whole episode without getting distracted once.
Sep 27, 1:50 AM

Sep 2022
It was decent but also generic. Hopefully there is more to it.
Sep 27, 3:00 AM

Oct 2020
Not a great start, but that was to be expected. I've read the LN and the trouble with the story is it starts off as a super generic isekai, the funny stuff with Haruka constantly forgetting people's names, arguing with the Adventurer's Guild about the jobs board never changing and doing other eccentric things thus triggering lectures from the Class Rep probably won't start for another episode or two I think. I would definitely urge people to stick with it until then as that's when it gets fun.

Until then, it's just going to be the generic loser MC gets super strong despite having been given seemingly rubbish powers. They should probably have debuted with a couple of episodes to get past the generic stuff.
Sep 27, 4:49 AM

Oct 2017
Trying to run from the teleportation circle only made it worse for him lol or maybe not? He got all the leftover skills which looked shit at first but looks like they work well with each other and has room for growth as well like how he learned fire magic after warmth skill evolved. Villager set A is sus though, doubt it's from a random villager.

First anime of Fall aside the leaked/limited premiere ones. Not a bad way to start the season.
Sep 27, 6:09 AM
Oct 2021
liked the MC personality
Sep 27, 8:48 AM

Apr 2009
I really want to like this adaptation, but it is even worse than I've expected. The production is plain awful, no two ways about it, the direction is flat, and the story flow is all over the place. I understand the desire to get past the boring initial parts (any adaptation to a visual medium can't hold a candle to the novel's schizo ramblings that made even the beginning entertaining) quick. But this first ep made even the few highlights they have fizzle away.
Sep 27, 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm that was fine I guess
Sep 27, 9:02 AM
May 2014
The script bothered me a little, but after putting it on 2x it became tolerable.
Sep 27, 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to phantomfandom
At least this seems to be better than Failure Frame.
@phantomfandom lil bro is cooked, if it's gonna be at least better than arifureta we'll take that
Sep 27, 9:40 AM
Apr 2014
We should all collectively decide to stop watching these mediocre isekai anime if we want that craze to stop. I'm sooooo tired, the only reason I watch one is when I have nothing else to watch.
Sep 27, 9:51 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to lingojk
“Loner life”
Cover shows mc being chased by girls

Okay bro
@lingojk He's trying so hard to be a loner, finally gigachad mc-kun who's not trying to build a harem
Sep 27, 10:19 AM
Jul 2024
I love my trashy isekais
Sep 27, 10:40 AM
Mar 2018
Too bad we couldn't witness Haruka and the old man go at it until he loses his mind. I'm kinda disappointed, I was looking forward to how obnoxious it was going to be lol.
Sep 27, 10:50 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Nanaca
I really want to like this adaptation, but it is even worse than I've expected. The production is plain awful, no two ways about it, the direction is flat, and the story flow is all over the place. I understand the desire to get past the boring initial parts (any adaptation to a visual medium can't hold a candle to the novel's schizo ramblings that made even the beginning entertaining) quick. But this first ep made even the few highlights they have fizzle away.
@Nanaca True, the ramblings were insane. I was actually looking forward to getting to see how it would be in the anime.
Sep 27, 1:43 PM
Jul 2024
Pointing out and laughing at every isekai cliche and then doing it anyway doesn't make your story a parody or satire: it just puts a giant spotlight on your lazy writing.

The idea of a guy trying to get by as a loner in another world but circumstances not allowing it sounds like a fun premise, but this first episode wastes it. Hopefully, the next couple of episodes pick up the pace.
Sray115Sep 27, 1:47 PM
Sep 27, 1:53 PM
Sep 2020
So far very lower mid show and lacking any originality, but let's see where it goes from here and it might surprise.
Sep 27, 8:02 PM
Jan 2020
nini skills HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Sep 28, 4:14 AM
Oct 2022
Oh look… an Mc who reads manga and LV’s all day but then in true Japanese fashion doesn’t want anything TROUBLESOME.. well look where that gotcha buddy. Like most of these generic isekai adventures I like the world and the supporting cast isn’t bad but the show would probably be better if the Mc had just stayed at home πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Why is a half decent protagonist so hard to come by these days.. maybe I’m just mad that this stupid hurricane came through and I haven’t had power for 18 hours now. I’m going to have to go BACK out to the car to charge my phone and iPad.. frustrating πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sep 28, 9:36 AM
Apr 2022
oh, it's another isekai. dude thinks he's acting all funny by being meta about the genre, but i was unfunnied the whole time. skip
Sep 28, 11:04 AM
Jul 2015
Kinda of generic isekai but i don't really mind it
Sep 28, 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
My fave trope is when shows know they’re generic seasonal fantasies, make fun of the tropes and still manage to be ass. πŸ”₯

we just said goodbye to failure frame and now we got another whole class summoned isekai . This is gonna be mid, but the trying to be a loner and avoid people could be a little interesting and funny.

Low expectations for this one but it is nice to finally see what the story is about. I see the book in stores all the time and was always curious about this one and “roll over and die” since they have similar book fonts and designs.
Sep 29, 1:37 PM
Jan 2022
I cringed how bad the action animation scenes are, smh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 3

42 by patkarunungan »»
14 minutes ago

» How he got the "creation magic"?

RioAl - Oct 11

5 by Gemin-Eye »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10

30 by LuisSV23 »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

» Names

Moppit - Jul 29

9 by AyanabhaBanerjee »»
Oct 12, 1:04 PM

» That title/cover combination

Tenderizer79 - Jul 27

6 by Azuchi »»
Oct 8, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.