Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 9:57 AM
Oct 2019
Very normal episode, I didn't really like this guy there, but we know that at that time that was normal, but her not having her own line bothers me
Jul 15, 10:38 AM

Jul 2021
Plain character design, generic video game-asset background, stiff barely-moving animation, characters constantly going off-model, completely boring shot composition and transitions, lots of still-image montages (plus CG-animated spell effects, which stick out), even some awkward cuts (I almost never notice how scenes cut).

The writing is on auto-pilot, going through the motions. Characters talk and act like NPCs; "make tools that will make someone smile," come on... The atmosphere is just bland, faintly-sad and faintly-wholesome.

I actually liked Ascendance of a Bookworm and The Saint's Magic is Omnipotent, but there's almost nothing to enjoy here. The magic system and the invention angle is still somewhat interesting, but they're getting overpowered/undermined by the rest of the show. I also get that the show is still in the prologue stage, but I don't think it's worth sticking around to see where it goes.

So disappointed, especially after another recent disappointing "smart girl navigates isekai life with knowledge," Doctor Elise.
Jul 15, 10:46 AM

Apr 2021
Well the first half was good, I liked her making a raincoat with magic.

But the second half seemed rushed and to have both talking about death was sad.

Also, I understand that Tobias is concerned with the look of their business, but her hair was beautiful, her outfits were nice, and her glasses weren’t flashy, that was sad as well.

But she is amazing as always.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 15, 1:43 PM

May 2015
Tobias is a jerk, I hope he gets retribution he deserves, and Dahliya shows some modern feminism or something? Otherwise, why does this even have to be an isekai?
Jul 15, 9:34 PM

Jun 2019
There is seemingly always at least one series per season among all the seasonals I try out which I have a more difficult time deciding whether I'm actually going to continue with and aim to watch until completion, compared to all the others. This season it seems like it's going to be this series.

For everything else thus far, one or two episodes were enough to decide, but after two episodes I still feel like this series can go in any direction (I don't mean the general obvious vague plot outline of her going on to continue being an inventor - or magic artificer - but how it's handled in practice on an episode-to-episode basis in terms of what fills the time and other character interactions, etc., now that essentially the second-in-importance main character of the first two episodes, the father, is gone).

I can't shake the feeling that part of that is also due to the synopsis spoiling some of these events of the first few episodes in a manner which is rather unprecedented, or at least, uncommon, and therefore these first few episodes feeling more like an extended prologue as a result.
Jul 16, 12:26 AM
Jul 2024
The deaths felt so random, and the pacing of the whole episode felt weird. Add to that the ick of the nasty fiance and the whole episode ending a bit abruptly on a downer, and I kind of just think it wasn't that well thought through of an episode.

I still think the story concept has a lot of potential, so I'm hoping things will pick up soon. The stuff with the fiance was uncomfortable, but it wasn't exactly badly done. Depending on where they go with it, next episode could really take off from here, so yeah. I'm still here for the series, but I didn't enjoy this one.
Jul 16, 8:40 AM
Feb 2021
If death comes in threes, Tobias should be the next one Dhalia sees 🤩🤩! What an assssssshole. I can't wait to see her leave his ass and surpass him as an artificer in every possible way lol. Poor thing has to deal with losing her father and now this.
Jul 16, 12:07 PM
Jan 2022
so:
1) another isekai with 0 purpose (so far) to be an Isekai at all?
2) Tobias is an insecure, terrible husband good lord. he's gonna need some hardcore redemption or just be discarded
Jul 16, 8:34 PM
Dec 2017
fastest anime that I drop this season
Jul 17, 9:47 AM
Jun 2019
Jul 18, 9:14 AM
Mar 2015
Her dad died before his time
Jul 20, 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
The show synopsis kind of spoils things a bit, but holy crap, Tobias is such an asshole. I find it interesting how the show is slowly (well maybe not so slowly) gearing us up to hate him.
Jul 20, 10:46 AM
Sep 2008
Now I really hate Tobias
Jul 20, 1:29 PM
Jan 2016
isekai plot usless.
Jul 21, 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
Dahlia's father hiring Tobias Orlando of the Orlando Trade to assist in his work being a senior apprentice, it all seems normal at first, with Dahlia continuing to develop things like waterproof fabric out of slimes for extra viscosity from harsh conditions like rain. And it quickly becomes the talk of the town, that between the businessmen and father, both agreed to Tobias and Dahlia being engaged to one another, since Carlo doesn't have long to live.

It feels natural that both Tobias and Dahlia should be betrothed to one another to carry on the family legacy, but outside of the usual magic artificer jobs, there isn't really any semblance of romance between each other, with Tobias being rather controlling of Dahlia. To make things worse, the Orlando Trade Chariman's demise, as well as Carlo's sudden collapse in front of Tobias, it's a sudden death situation for which both are unprepared for to lead the company and the family further,

If there's one thing, Carlo died a happy father.
Jul 23, 11:39 AM
Feb 2015
when Tobias got betrothed and he wasn't on the main image I was like why he not there????? and then his true colours came out and I was like ew, get lost
Jul 23, 11:40 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Alireza32456
SenshadouOtaku said:
I already dislike Tobias.

It'll get worse 💀
@Alireza32456 nooooooooooooooooooooo no more of this bellend, seeing his first proper interaction with dahlia when he was like gurl your hair and makeup, I was like 🤮
Jul 24, 11:16 PM

Jul 2019
Tobias is an insecure, controlling little bitch. So what if she's taller than you? Let her drink a little wine and have the hair color she's born with. If that doesn't suit you, go eat a bag of dicks you loser.

To make myself clear: I dislike Tobias.
Jul 27, 6:07 PM
Nov 2010
God Tobias is such a POS. Hope he get's cut out of her life asap. Ruins the whole show's vibe.
Jul 29, 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
wtf, what a shitty episode lol
after such a fun episode 1, this one not only introduces an annoying guy for marriage... but also kills both their fathers out of nowhere lmao like wtf?

i'll probably watch another episode, but i'm SO NOT FUCKING LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT GUY AGAIN LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jul 29, 10:38 PM
Nov 2022
Damn, Tobias is not cool at all.
Jul 30, 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
I get it that Tobias feels under pressure and he is jealous of Dahliya but fuck him.

And damn the dad died by only second episode.
Aug 1, 1:58 PM

Mar 2008
Fuck this Tobias guy. Demanding her to change everything. Hope she leaves him and his company rots.
Aug 12, 11:05 PM
Jun 2019
tobias a SHITTTTT
Aug 30, 11:34 PM

Jun 2024
Raincoat, brilliant invention user her skills from our world.
Feel very sorry for her father's passing.
Carlo was a great human being.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 21, 10:33 PM

Sep 2015
Man, seeing that it started with Dahlia being young made me worry we'll see her father pass away... And unfortunately he did. I'm curious how they know they will die soon... do they have some magical device that tells them their lifespan? Sounds depressing tbh. Also wonder where her mother is
And Tobias sounds like he's jealous of her and has a inferiority complex. Yet she's so accommodating and willing to marry him. It's honestly sad.
Sep 24, 3:07 PM

Nov 2009
WAIT... HOLD ON...

She's trying to make a raincoat...

But doesn't this world she's in have Plastic? what are the buttons on cloth made of? wood? metal?

I know they have metal, cause MC's literally wearing glasses made with metal material. Also the "dryer" she was making in episode 1, was that pure metal? The prototype looked like plastics, lol.

Also, huh... so MC's beginning marriage was a Business marriage arranged by her father. And it looked like MC doesn't actually think about herself and is just thinking about the business part. Meaning she would give away her body for business. Even when she was getting "told at" by the dude, she just nodes and submit to whatever he says.

And how exactly did her father just suddently die? HUH? old age? how old was he when he had MC? is their life span in this world like max 50 or something?

This was VERY random... here I was expecting some sort of actual complications like illness or accident... but NOPE... father literally just... "DROP DEAD"...
amlgSep 24, 3:12 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 29, 9:28 AM

Jun 2022
wrong guy to get engaged to
Oct 13, 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
Tobias is a piece of shit, but why is she just taking it...ig it's the times with how arranged marriages are even a thing...I'm honestly disappointed that the dad also didn't notice how she changed her hair and glasses just for that piece of shit and was ok with how he is treating her...For someone who is supposedly always thinking about Dahlia, he had no doubts at all about her sudden changes or the things he is forbidding her to do?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

37 by SilverTnyan »»
Oct 15, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20

48 by EinTheVariance »»
Oct 13, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14

19 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

23 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24

18 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.