Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
ABEMA early airing, Crunchyroll streams this on Sunday.

Well, from an author like Oshioshio a.k.a Oshio-Mama a.k.a character designer for VTuber Amane Kanata, Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan is the LONG-AWAITED spiritual successor of KyoAni's Nichijou after 13 years. And the OP itself doesn't disappoint, while the ED...is just a goddamn deer showcase of the best of Nara Prefecture, you love to see it.

The school idol of Torako Koshi, who facades as a perfect girl, is in fact a former delinquent...until she meets the deer girl of Noko Shikanoko a.k.a Nokotan knows it all, and will torment her if she does not get down the power lines, electrocuted to death. Sure, Koshi saved her from there, and worst of all, she's in the same class as Torako as a new student, who threatens to expose Koshi as the delinquent...alongside all the other deer CGI, storming the classroom for a first impression that Kimetsu no Yaiba's Muzan Kibutsuji's slow-mo Michael Jackson mooonwalk JUST CAN'T DEFEAT. And just when Torako thought she could talk sense too Nokotan...calling her a delinquent is an absolute no-no.

Koshi is not safe in anyway, having found a tower of deer crackers on her table...and Nokotan drooling from her mouth. And Nokotan trying to break her character this early on, it's so apt lols as Koshi is forced into her bidding in any way, in order not for Nokotan to reveal her acts of delinquency. And when Nokotan tries to clean up an outdoor room by herself, Koshi, more than witnessing her accidental death, helps her out, and their homeroom teacher Ukai...approves their use of a Deer Club. Their comedic duo timing only fuels Koshi's ego so much that she easily becomes the club's president...to take care of her...bringing the attention of a girl's obsession.

We've finally reached PEAK DEER BRAINROT with this show. WHO LET Wit Studio cook from Attack on Titan...to Attack on Deer!?!?

This show would be Anime of the Season contender...NO, ANIME OF THE YEAR contender. Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan~~~
KANLen09Jul 9, 9:34 AM
Jul 3, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Each episode is streamed four days in advance of the TV broadcast/CR starting today, on ABEMA
https://twitter.com/shikanoko_PR/status/1804348584638452091

Back in 2011 one of the biggest studios at the time, KyoAni, decided to pick up a little show named Nichijou, to which is to this day helmed as one hell of a brainrot show. Fast foward a decade later, and now in 2024, one of the biggest studios at this time, WIT Studio, is here to bring us the PEAK brainrot for this decade. SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN!!!!!!

Shika-bu's OP is OP of the year, no other way around it. SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN!!!!!!!!

Torako Koushi, a popular high school girl hiding her past as a violent delinquent, rescues a strange deer-girl hanging from power lines on her way to school. The girl, Nokotan, transfers to her school and starts causing chaos with her bizarre antics. Nokotan's deer nose can sniff out Koushi's secret past, threatening to expose her. Koushi is the only one who notices anything odd about Nokotan, leaving her to wonder: Is Nokotan a deer, a girl, or something in-between?

Narrator already is the goat, the way he said that PERRRFECT GIRL, phenomenal. Also, did the snot noises really need to be as loud as they were... lol. OST did not need to be as banging as it was when the goat Nokotan was walking into the class. Then the SAME OST for the reveal that Koushi is a yankee, the MOST OVERDRAMTIC SCENE EVER LMAOOOO. Then she gets embarrassed into admitting she's a virgin... lols. Real goats of this series are going to be those background deer's, I can tell. This OST is so unserious, like she's bleeding like hell and the most angelic OST is playing... okay lmao.

The Deer Club has officially been formed! And it seems like we have someone out for our girl Nokotan.

BEST PREMIRE OF THE SEASON THUS FAR, NO DOUBT IT. ANIME OF THE SEASON, ANIME OF THE YEAR, ANIME OF THE DECADE. SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN!!!!!!

Jul 3, 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Autism:The Anime. The girls so 🐶 💔 and I love them so much already. The first episode lived up to the hype and then some. The PR rollout for this series has been immaculate.. the OP is somehow even better than the 10 hour loop lmao. God, this staff know how to get people hooked on their series.

The meta commentary, 4th wall breaking jokes, the ridiculous over the top Nokotan classroom entrance.. this was just perfect. Nokotan and Koshitan are the perfect comedic duo and there wasn’t a single dull moment with the two of them. They bounce off each other so well and Nokotan’s obliviousness mixed with Koshitan taking everything so seriously made for a great time.

It’s like the staff saw Muzan’s 20 minute walk a few weeks ago and said you know what, I can do better 😭 Nokotan’s aura is off the charts. The dark souls music in that scene is ridiculous

“Your real identity is a virgin?” 💀 Koshitan over here fighting for her past to stay private and Nokotan too dumb to even know what she talking about.

Definitely felt like we went thru a lot in this episode, but at the same time it went fast? Can’t wait to see what the deer club is like and find out who that girl staring at them at the end was.

ED is Nara Deer park I believe? Went there a few years ago with my mom and she damn near had a heart attack after getting chased by some deer 😂

One of the best premieres of the season for sure and gotta be the funniest anime of the year thus far
Marinate1016Jul 7, 1:37 PM
Jul 3, 9:58 AM

Oct 2011
Thank you ABEMA

The opening song 😍
Jul 3, 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
the strongest brainrot of today
Jul 3, 12:40 PM

Oct 2017
People gotta be on crack to think this is funny, felt like a chore to even finish the episode, pass. Opening song is a meme though.
MegamiRemJul 24, 5:40 AM
Jul 3, 4:44 PM
Jul 2016
So Peak. What a way to start this anime season.
Jul 3, 7:28 PM
Jul 2016
ED is from "Heidi: Girl of the Alps - ED"
Jul 3, 7:47 PM

Jul 2017
I want to make memes about this but god I can't stand shows and humor like this. Comedy is very, very subjective so can understand why this works but this is as unfunny if not worse than the days of Pop Team Epic in the past, and I'm quite older than compared to when I first saw that seasonal. This was more painful than fun to watch sadly, and to be fair, I even got annoyed in a couple seconds compared to the brainrot catchy effect that I've heard some others experience personally with the theme looped. The opening, the looped song, the ending, the overall humor in this series, this is one of the unfunniest comedy episodes I have seen in a long, long time. Considering I absolutely hate shows like Nichijou and Lucky Star, this belongs in that realm and the opinions aren't any more positive than my extremely low feelings of those. Can easily seeing this being one of the worst anime of the year for me just from this episode alone. At least WIT are committed to this and it should be marketing gold to still thrive I guess, just not a fan of any of it sadly.
Jul 3, 8:05 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to animejas
I want to make memes about this but god I can't stand shows and humor like this. Comedy is very, very subjective so can understand why this works but this is as unfunny if not worse than the days of Pop Team Epic in the past, and I'm quite older than compared to when I first saw that seasonal. This was more painful than fun to watch sadly, and to be fair, I even got annoyed in a couple seconds compared to the brainrot catchy effect that I've heard some others experience personally with the theme looped. The opening, the looped song, the ending, the overall humor in this series, this is one of the unfunniest comedy episodes I have seen in a long, long time. Considering I absolutely hate shows like Nichijou and Lucky Star, this belongs in that realm and the opinions aren't any more positive than my extremely low feelings of those. Can easily seeing this being one of the worst anime of the year for me just from this episode alone. At least WIT are committed to this and it should be marketing gold to still thrive I guess, just not a fan of any of it sadly.
@animejas

It's fine to dislike absurdist humor, don't fret about it.
Just skip over and watch something else.

This show is an absolute blast for me, and Nichijou is one of my favorite comedy shows of all time.
Sure, it can get annoying sometimes, but this kind of comedy is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable and laugh out loud to dissipate the cringe.
That kind of humor can be very stimulating, you know.
Jul 3, 8:21 PM

Jul 2017
Dry humour, not really entertaining to watch for 1st episode. Are we sure they didn't accidentally swap marketing team staff and main animator staff?
Jul 3, 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
This is very reminiscient of Kill Me Baby, Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Pop Team Epic, and Nichijou in terms of slapstick humor, and uhhh, yea, I'm not all a fan of such sorts of presentation, tbh, though at least the production quality is probably the best thing Wit Studio has had in a while...which is pretty funny and sad at the same time considering the controversy in regards to the One Piece "remake" they're also set on making.
Jul 3, 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
I watched the first episode and it's just ok. They did a great marketing campaign on it with the dance and great opening song, but it's not that funny to be honest. and I love anime comedy more than anything and especially weird stuff like the amazing " Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou " we had last year.

Read a bit of the manga and it only confirms my thoughts. The deer jokes get a bit too repetitive. still a good anime to relax to I guess and Wit are doing a great job to enhance the humour with the real life deers and soundrack. but it's not the peak comedy anime we thought we would get.
Jul 3, 9:30 PM

Oct 2019
it was absolute kino
Jul 3, 9:38 PM
Feb 2023
Opening song kinda meh because instant viral purpose

+ Progressive chord song from Indonesian group call it Libertaria - Kewer Kewer ( already viral since 2016 with 18m viewer )
Jul 3, 9:51 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to animejas
@animejas Considering you absolutely hate Nichijou and Lucky Star?xD
Why the heck are you even here?
You gotta present your opinions as someone who usually watches these kinds of shows
Jul 3, 10:53 PM
Jun 2019
Wtf this is one of the best things I have ever seen in my life 10/10 and absolute cinema
Jul 4, 12:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was truly an anime of all times alright
Jul 4, 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
This entire anime is funny and has no logic what-so-ever and I like it for it.

Came for the memes, will probably stay for the memes as well.
Jul 4, 12:22 AM

May 2019
I was wondering why everyone started placing this show as watched this early, but knowing now that ABEMA is airing this four days ahead of the TV broadcast/CR's simulcast, I had to jump on the hype train right away. Luckily, I was able to preview the OP and ED from TWIN ENGINE's YouTube channel, and they're complete bangers in their own rights. I'll link these here for posterity in case you didn't get them in your recommendations:

Just like how the PVs made them out to be, the OP 「シカ色デイズ」 is just full of wacky visuals to the tune of a catchy upbeat song. Not only that, but having the characters jump in the opening (thanks Ryo-senpai) and a Dark Souls reference which are both currently being memed on at Reddit assures that the brainrot is real it's befitting of a show like this. As for the ED 「シカせんべいのうた」, the song is befittingly accompanied by just a sequence of workers making deer senbei along with, you guessed it, more deer. I can only hope that this show will probably boost tourism to Nara.

Even though I relied on lower-quality subs to understand what happened, this first episode came out swinging, particularly with the various fourth wall breaks and the random times the narrator speaks. The continual juxtaposition between serious and stupid scenes are pretty well done, and I still love how this anime decided to use CGI deer in pretty much any place they can. It's just that blend of incorporating fluid CGI motion into animated panels feels dumb but somewhat refreshing to have something out of the ordinary. Honestly, I like where this is going.

NekOniiChanJul 4, 12:34 AM
Jul 4, 1:12 AM

Sep 2018
I can't explain why, but I had a good feeling about this even though I'm not a fan of Wit Studio and not even of Oota's previous works (like Yuru Yuri and Sabagebu) and not even of Nichijou/Lucky Star's comedy.

It didn't disappoint, and it's now my n°1 candidate for AOTS. I wouldn't say it's super funny, but I'm enjoying the "cute retards doing cute retard things" shtick.
Jul 4, 1:13 AM
Mar 2022
Am hoping for a good yuri ships to rise in this series
Jul 4, 1:30 AM

Sep 2008
Either one thinks it's trash, or one thinks is pure gold
lucky star is in my top 10 anime of all time, so you can imagine I love this shi...kanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan!!!

This is the power of marketing
weirdly enough (not weird at all come on), that deer episode of nichijou keeps poping in my head after this XD

this one song will stay in our head for years huh XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 4, 1:39 AM
Mar 2021
Truly a work of art that even the likes of Kafka,Dumas,Dazai,Camus were afraid
Jul 4, 2:24 AM
Jan 2021
It's the silliest anime in the history!!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jul 4, 4:06 AM
Jun 2023
Shikanokonokonokokoshitantan
Jul 4, 4:41 AM

May 2020
The thing is, I liked how this series knows however bizarre it is. I know they won't be taking themselves seriously even going forward, but yeah, the only way I can see it becoming stale for me is when they'd overdo this stuff lol. Again, props to the marketing team xD

Also, abema streaming stuff before the tv broadcast is as fucking stupid as ever. You don't even fucking get them on streaming websites because of this.
Jul 4, 5:09 AM

Jan 2020
I had a lot of laughs watching this although it's just the first episode, there probably isn't so much story to be explored but I actually came here thanks to the peak meme and its OP.

This anime is one of the hidden gems in 2024.

Jul 4, 5:47 AM
May 2024
straight to breaking the 4th wall and comedy lol
Jul 4, 6:16 AM
Sep 2014

Causes of this scene:
-Nokotan: Jump everyone, I'll take care of everything.
-Koshitan: Eh, I don't think it's too good.
-Nokotan: It's okay, I know this height is nothing compared to you.
-Koshitan: Ok, so count 1,2,3, then everyone jump down.
-Koshitan: YOU *****, YOU DECEIVED ME
Jul 4, 7:41 AM
Aug 2023
as someone who enjoys shows with absurdist humor (nichijou is my favorite comedy and i found train to the end of the world from last season to be pretty funny as well), this first episode was... underwhelming? the appeal of absurdist humor is very very reliant on the unpredictability of both the punchline and the setup. i can already feel the whole deer joke getting overplayed, so there's a punchline that gets predictable pretty much out the gate. also, the delivery on most of the jokes just didn't hit the mark in some way or another. i probably laughed twice the whole episode, and i can't lie i was expecting more. the marketing for this anime was very good though, so i'm sure it'll continue to be talked about for a while. still willing to give this some more episodes.
Jul 4, 7:51 AM
Apr 2018
1st episode was underwhelming when compared with the trailer. Animation is nice and all, but the jokes just didn't land for me. I'll stick with this show to the end tho.
Jul 4, 8:09 AM

Jul 2021
Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan!
Jul 4, 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
That was...an experience...

I want more.
I need more.
Jul 4, 8:51 AM
Mar 2012
Can't judge how funny this is until we get proper subtitles, but it sure looked funny. The only subtitles out are garbage mtl so I'd say to wait till the 7th for Crunchyroll.
-Knox-Jul 4, 8:58 AM
Jul 4, 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
Basically it's Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh for zoomers
Jul 4, 9:59 AM
Apr 2021
I watched for the meme song, stayed for the absolute insane comedy, hopefully this level of fun keeps up.
Jul 4, 10:02 AM
Nov 2022
Authentic cinema, from start to finish, I didn't expect it to be so funny, I knew it would be surreal but not to the point of making me laugh in the first 2 minutes xd.

I love the interaction between Nokotan and Koshitan, I wonder if they will continue the same dynamic throughout the entire season.

The opening easily enters the top 5 of the best of the entire year.
Jul 4, 10:12 AM
May 2021
I don't know what to say
Jul 4, 10:14 AM

Mar 2024
Holy shit I thought this season of anime was gonna suck, but then this happened. Madoka has blessed us with a banger anime. One of the best first episodes in a while
Jul 4, 10:19 AM
Oct 2020
PEAK BRAINROT 10/10
Jul 4, 11:31 AM
Jan 2024
Where I watched it, the subtitles translated 処女 as "lady" (obviously mistaking it for 少女). Hope there are better subs out there, because that entire segment kinda gets lost if they call her a "lady" lol
Jul 4, 11:47 AM

Jan 2020
Oreki_Houtaro24 said:
@animejas Considering you absolutely hate Nichijou and Lucky Star?xD
Why the heck are you even here?
You gotta present your opinions as someone who usually watches these kinds of shows

I don’t get why it’s a crime to you guys if someone shares a a completely valid negative opinion of an anime you like. Who gives if they didn’t like a completely unrelated anime in the past. They wanted to try watching this and didn’t enjoy it. No need to bitch at them.
Jul 4, 12:07 PM

Jan 2021
Laughed more then i expected, it's sucha dumb fun show. I hope and wonder if it will be similar to Konosuba, by having some actual writing.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 4, 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
Having read all the officially translated volumes of the manga I was looking forward to this. Did not disappoint.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 4, 1:01 PM

Jan 2023
When I was watching "Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? / Train to the End of the World" last season, I thought that would be the weirdest thing I would watch this year. Then, out of nowhere, this thing came in.
Jul 4, 1:54 PM

Oct 2022
very similar to kill me baby, both starring two complementary flat brains, both dry and self-referential, and both eager to repeat the title endlessly in the OP, i'm on board
fgsfds
Jul 4, 3:01 PM
Jan 2024
EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
Jul 4, 5:54 PM

Aug 2016
Reminds me of Chio Chan, except Chio Chan was funny and comfy and this one tries too hard. WIT has gone downhill.
:v
Jul 4, 6:17 PM

Apr 2021
What did I just watch?

Am I missing something?

Is this like some inside joke that I am unaware about?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24

114 by horridd »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

159 by horridd »»
8 hours ago

» Lmfao this anime has reached the peak of marketing 😂

Moonshine_cookie - Jul 9

12 by sillycoffecatof7 »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jul 10

218 by horridd »»
Yesterday, 3:28 PM

» Am I the only one who finds this not funny?

someguy - Sep 27

24 by Serafos »»
Oct 20, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.