Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 3:31 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked around 00:20 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJun 30, 8:21 AM
Jun 30, 8:20 AM

May 2020
Slow motion walk for the win lol. Muzan really never leaving the Michael Jackson comparisons in the dust after this. By the way, I liked how Muzan just calmly listened to Ubuyashiki talking him through his family history and how much he hates him just for his existence. This man really is something of a villain a series with demons should have. Though was it painful watching Ubuyashiki knowing his death was just a few seconds away and how he’s leaving it all over the rest hoping they would be able to put an end to the misery which is Muzan.. RIP Ubuyashiki and family. Your contributions will be remembered.

By the way, the cinematic feel(I don’t know how to really describe it) was what Ufotable was saving for this episode. Still, it's been a while since I read this part but it is as brutal and bloody as I’d remember, add whatever Ufotable added over that. I mean they really did go all out showing Muzan’s all mighty powers even in the face of him being surrounded by every hashira out there. Wow. The infinity castle is where it'll all end, and damn there’s really a lot of fights to look forward to.

Anyway, this season as a whole was… never meant to be a season in the first place. I would’ve really preferred if all of this training was just a part of the multiple seasons dedicated to the last arc, though nah, they’ll make movies out of them. Which is a good thing from the production standpoint, but not for us, having to wait a good chunk of time before watching it in english will be..eh. When they can make a season out of eight chapters, they should do the same with the rest of 60 odd chapters too lol.
Jun 30, 8:20 AM

Dec 2021
Muzan and Kagaya face-to-face at last.

Despite his blindness, Kagaya senses Muzan standing before him—the demon his clan and the Demon Slayers have hunted for a thousand years. He asks Amane to describe him. Amane says Muzan appears as a man in his mid to late twenties, with light pink eyes and cat-like pupils. Kagaya remarks that he expected Muzan to come, driven by his anger to kill him personally. Muzan confirms this, expressing disgust at the Ubyashiki clan's constant interference throughout his existence. Now, seeing Kagaya in such a deplorable state, Muzan insults him as loathsome, indescribably ugly, and already smelling of a corpse.

Really fail to see the point of the extended runtime, and clearly ther staff did too because no fucking way they replaced the OP just for us to see Muzan's walk AGAIN... like anyone wanted to see that uneeded dragged out scene again. Then they replace the ED with rolling credits with some images... great lmao. Though finally for the first time this season we have some decent pacing, which is a problem for once because now we're just in a weird place in the story to stop with us legit being in the middle of Muzan and Tanijro's big fight, or beginning whatever. Only interesting thing in this episode was, ofc, the revelation that Tanjiro's entire family exploding was just a setup for a trap. Then, dude focuses SOLELY on Tanjiro and completely forgets the Hashira even exist. Man whatever.

The big showdown has finally come. It's time for the Infinity Castle arc to begin and for Tanjiro and the other to defeat all the demons once and for all.

What a pointless season this was that could've easily been an OVA or hell even a movie again... which speaking of movies, Aniplex is dead set on milking this show for all it's worth, BECAUSE NO WAY THE SPLIT THIS FINAL ARC IN TO THREE MOVIES... FFS...

https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1807432215812571284

Jun 30, 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Even though this is the season finale, imo, this was easily the best episode of this show's season.

Seeing Muzan again planning out his next move while the Hashira are moving forward too. Thank God we didn't get more training this time as that has been done for the past 7 consecutive episodes straight. Not going to lie, this episode felt like a movie, more than just the length. It had the cinematics and chereography. The explosion scene imo was done incrediblty well as everyone watched in shock.

Tengen's fighting style is so badass imo, one of my favorites in this series.

The
looked incredible imo, just like from the first episode. This easily sets up for the next arc, and I'm very excited!

Jun 30, 8:33 AM

Jan 2015
Muzan keeps walking holy shit lmao
That explosion in slow motion was sick.

I’ve got to say, the episode definitely didn’t feel as dynamic as I was hoping for it to be, but they did a really good job. Manga content carried the episode for sure. Shirai’s directing is on a whole other level after all. I doubt we will see him for the movies, so it’s too bad that his last directed episode was back in S2. this finale was begging for him.

the song scene with the two daughters was so well done tho, and the hype when everyone far away was teleported to Infinity Castle was beyond the roof. I’m also so glad to see those 2 seconds screentime of Kanao gripping on some building trying not to fall. I’m so excited to see her in action damn.

Movie trilogy let’s go! I hope we get Heaven’s Feel level of quality for the movies

XenocrisiJun 30, 8:36 AM
Jun 30, 8:42 AM

Apr 2020
Worst season by far as expected.
Some funny moments but overall very mid.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 30, 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
The ever-fazing head demon Muzan with his Michael Jackson slow walk of an intimidating scene seeing Ubuyashiki, the smooth criminal has come to pay the head of the Demon Slayer Corps a visit. A destitute leader in the face of an overwhelming leader, through both once hail from the same bloodline, only to be separated by their ideals: Muzan on pure domination, and Ubuyashiki on eternity. Even without Ubuyashiki, who will either naturally pass away or be killed by Muzan, the Demon Slayer Corps can still stand as one, ready to face the demons head on, because they have human feelings and bonds.

As all of the remaining Hashira race to the Ubuyashiki residence, Kagaya deliberately set his residence on fire, and what a blast of an explosion it is to drive Muzan even more crazed. The sacrifice of a willful man, his wife Amane and their two children, Muzan completely misjudged how far Ubuyashiki would go to ensure that the demon head is dealt with, and even more so being surprised to see Tamayo rebel to the good side, being aided by the remaining Hashira to keep him down until sunlight arrives. It was a concurrent and perfect plan to have all the Hashira gather at Ubuyashiki's place for the final showdown, only except that Muzan has a trick up his sleeve to bring everyone into his Infinity Castle.

HOLY COW...Ufotable continues to outdo themselves, even though by now it's obvious that animation carried the entire show. Still, I'll give credit where credit is due, and the finale episode before the long-standing Infinity Castle arc WAS FIRE and HYPE to the fullest. It's PURE AND PEAK CINEMA.

That said, it's back to the moves ONCE AGAIN for the Infinity Castle arc, Aniplex LOVES to farm and milk Demon Slayer to ITS MAX.
Better milk it, because Demon Slayer levels of Shonen will continue to absolutely crush the competition for the next few years to come.
KANLen09Jul 1, 5:53 AM
Jun 30, 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
Tense finale which only fueled the anticipation for the upcoming arc. Once we got the Infinity Castle trilogy the crying over this season will be forgotten...hopefully.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 30, 9:02 AM

Oct 2011
Holy....Muzan destroying the mansion

everyone getting sent to Infinity Castle was mind blowing

Rengoku in taisho 😭

infinity Castle movie!!!!!!
Jun 30, 9:45 AM

Jun 2022
I'm not a demon slayer fan , and i don't see it as a top20 best animes either , But this episde is one of the best of the series and the year in anime as a whole , THE HYPE IS REAL.
Jun 30, 10:07 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to AnimeFan500
Holy....Muzan destroying the mansion

everyone getting sent to Infinity Castle was mind blowing

Rengoku in taisho 😭

infinity Castle movie!!!!!!
@AnimeFan500 Muzan didn't destroy the mansion, it was the Ubuyashiki family
Jun 30, 10:08 AM
Oct 2021
woww.. just wooww... awesome animation and pure hype....
cant wait for next movies
Jun 30, 10:10 AM
Jun 2021
Surely this is the best episode of demon slayer, if not the best episode of any anime
Jun 30, 10:16 AM

Jul 2017
A bit too slow in the first portion but this episode was easily the best of the 8 that dropped this season, had some actual intensity to it and it visually looks really good here. Such a shame that this episode had 7 episodes of nothing leading up to this. I still feel like a regular length episode with no opening or ending could have a bit better or at least 28 minutes with a couple minutes for the ED if the anime chooses to have one would have been a bit more preferrable since the start was too slow and the beginning and ending portions feel padded out.
Jun 30, 10:26 AM

Aug 2022
Even being a manga reader and knowing this was coming this was probably the greatest ending to any Shonen I've ever watched (Yes I'm heavily bias to demon slayer stfu)

the entire episode was directed incredibly in particular that sequence with Gyomei and Muzan fighting was animated arguably better than anything the shows produced so far.
Jun 30, 10:27 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to WilfredJohnson
Surely this is the best episode of demon slayer, if not the best episode of any anime
@WilfredJohnson Watch out for the opinion police to come and hate on your opinion like your saying something that should get you locked up.
Jun 30, 10:31 AM
May 2023
It's awesome ! ✨✨ The last episode story , animation , next season 🔥🔥🔥
Jun 30, 10:42 AM
Oct 2023
last ep is LEGENDARY, with peak suspense and animation, 10/10 ep, so sad and yet so brilliant, sets high expectations for next season, omg I was on the edge of my seat right until the end!
Jun 30, 10:42 AM

May 2022
was a bit too slow paced in my opinion. also i found ost to not be that good. Still a very good episode
Jun 30, 10:44 AM
Nov 2019
Best episode of this season by far.

And thanks for the new wallpaper:

Jun 30, 10:47 AM
Oct 2021
Ok this ruined my day😭
Literally the worst cliffhanger ever, w/o seeing any of the upper moons. (i read the manga, I just hoped we'd see them anyway)
Although if anything, we've been given a taste for what the movies will look like and Unlimited Budget Works is going to be so worth me going to see it on the biggest screen possible.
Jun 30, 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
holy fuck the last 10 minutes is hype as fuck the infinity castle 3dcg animation and camera movements are great again
Jun 30, 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Well, if you going to die, better be in a huge explosion. You cant have strong bodyguards, if you going to explode the place.
I just feel bad for the kids. The wife was already all-in when married.

Maybe is just me but, Tamayo got more beautiful.

Himejima fighting was spectacular.

For the most I'm happy the last arc is green-lit, I'm angry and disappointed that KnY is taking the movie hell approach.
Jun 30, 10:55 AM

Oct 2017
Damn Ubuyashiki blew himself up with his wife and two kids. Those poor kids, f***. But the way he talked about what he wanted to, guessing Muzan's intention and weakness while keeping his cool and calm and proceeding to blow everything, what a guy. Tamayo too going in with the resolve to sacrifice herself. The Hashira all united to defeat Muzan and Tanjiro's with them. The animation for the whole sequence was so amazing. On top of that the infinity castle animation/motion was just way too good. Ufotable off the charts.

Great way to end the season with an extended length episode but that cliffhanger. Sucks we will have to wait a long while for the movies to come out and then be available for outside japan.
MegamiRemJun 30, 2:37 PM
Jun 30, 10:56 AM
Jun 2019
The Episode did give chills like none other but why the fking cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 30, 10:56 AM

May 2020
Starts again with Muzan’s walk. The amount of work gone in it must have been hilariously huge. It’s like Ufotable went all in with it.

Even though Muzan is annoyed with Ubuyashiki’s small talk, he doesn’t feel hatred. 🤣🤣🤣 Even he’s being affected by Ubuyashiki’s presence and voice. Muzan even feels nostalgic and relief, much to his displeasure 🤣🤣🤣.

Damn, Ubuyashiki kept scoring with his words, and spoke in lengths. Just like him, I didn’t expect Muzan to have listened that long.

Muzan looked super pissed when the residence was bursting, while Ubuyashiki and his wife were with smiles. Turns out Ubuyashiki planted bombs in his own residence and did a suicide mission. With this, Ubuyashiki clan ends.

Whoa, a Blood Demon Art to attack Muzan. Tamayo in action 😎. She actually made Muzan absorb the cure, and damn she completed the cure. Guess this is a goodbye for Tamayo. Himejima Gyomei smashed Muzan’s head.

Ubuyashiki planned things out very well. Hashiras assembled, but I wonder if he counted in Tanjiro as well. Every Hashira used their breathing form, and then Tanjiro used our lovely Hinokami Kagura.

Muzan knew where they were heading with this plan, so he shifted them all to his Infinity Castle. He covered a wide range. Inosuke seems to be excited, while Zenitsu seems to be serious.

We got to see a short conversation between Tanjiro and Muzan. The BGM kept me so focused, plus Himejima’s short fight, I didn’t even want to bat my eye.
Jun 30, 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Yup, this was the most obvious part to end it on, with the suicide bombing leading into Muzan dropping everyone into the castle. Also shout out to Zenitsu for looking badass during that part when one would normally expect him to be shitting his pants crying lol.

Ok look we all have varying opinions on Demon Slayer but my god, we can at least all agree that these steroid animators at ufotable animate the absolute FUCK out of this series. The way the fire, smoke, and snowflakes looked during the explosion was insanely detailed, and that small snippet of Gyomei greatness??? Bruh if that's what we got here, we're going to be eating PHENOMENALLY for these upcoming movies.

Yea yea this season wasn't the best, that's no surprise, and it being a separate season in the first place was questionable, but despite its ups and downs, this episode alone brought my hype back. Hope all the complaining subsides now that this arc and season are behind us. If the movies are as good as most of us expect them to be then I'm sure this season and all of the complaints and misgivings that came with it will be forgotten. Sure it sucks we're going to have wait god knows how long for just the first movie, let alone the following two, but I WILL be seated 🫡 I know they've got a feast cooking and we'll all be eating good, hopefully sooner rather than later.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 30, 10:58 AM
Jun 2022
Unexpected move from Ubuyashiki. Man just turn into oppenheimer.
Jun 30, 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
Best episode, no doubt.
Jun 30, 11:25 AM

Jan 2021
Ladies and Gentlemen. This was absolute cinema. This is where the training ends and an all out war begins. This episode was legendary. Pure hype. Demon slayer managed to trend worldwide yet again.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 30, 11:25 AM
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
Yup, this was the most obvious part to end it on, with the suicide bombing leading into Muzan dropping everyone into the castle. Also shout out to Zenitsu for looking badass during that part when one would normally expect him to be shitting his pants crying lol.

Ok look we all have varying opinions on Demon Slayer but my god, we can at least all agree that these steroid animators at ufotable animate the absolute FUCK out of this series. The way the fire, smoke, and snowflakes looked during the explosion was insanely detailed, and that small snippet of Gyomei greatness??? Bruh if that's what we got here, we're going to be eating PHENOMENALLY for these upcoming movies.

Yea yea this season wasn't the best, that's no surprise, and it being a separate season in the first place was questionable, but despite its ups and downs, this episode alone brought my hype back. Hope all the complaining subsides now that this arc and season are behind us. If the movies are as good as most of us expect them to be then I'm sure this season and all of the complaints and misgivings that came with it will be forgotten. Sure it sucks we're going to have wait god knows how long for just the first movie, let alone the following two, but I WILL be seated 🫡 I know they've got a feast cooking and we'll all be eating good, hopefully sooner rather than later.

It was worst season and the one before it is second worst which doesn’t help. Thankfully though the best arc is coming in animation heaven movies at this point. So I won’t complain lol. Hyped for that fight you put and first movie because of well for me, my favourite demon will be there.

I wished though that they put a schedule on release windows of these movies because cmon it does feel cheap. I do get it though, they want to animate the next parts in the best possible way because 100% the arc deserves it and more.
Jun 30, 11:29 AM
Feb 2023
We are finally in prologue of best arc of Demon Slayer. I get the complaints and criticisms but I do believe everyone complaining will either keep doing it or be quite when the movies release because my god will these fights break the cinema at this point lol. Looking forward to it more than JJK’s current arc, yes I am doing this on purpose because I am a big JJK fan who is disappointed as hell with current fights/progression going on. So the ones complaining, calm down every series has its ups and downs. Have fun and enjoy the last time we will watch DS.
Jun 30, 11:33 AM

Jun 2019
And, now we are off to the serious stuff with the announcement of three movies to end the story of this series. Can't wait to see them in the theatres. As for this episode, it looked great as expected tbh but expecting even greater things in the movies. Can't wait.
Jun 30, 11:48 AM
Jul 2017
suicide bomb was metal af and the animation was insane.

otherwise horrible episode and horrible season
Jun 30, 11:56 AM
Apr 2022
This episode was fantastic. I knew what was going to happen and I still was on the edge of my seat. I was so excited and into it my watch alerted me that my heart rate was getting high.
Also shoutout to the absolute tone shift of the after credits scene. That was so cute and heart warming and I am absolutely tearing up.
When the movies drop you will in fact catch me opening night in the theater.
Jun 30, 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
Holy shit what an incredible episode, ufotable!

Muzan, Ubuyashiki, Tamayo, the Hashiras uniting, Tanjiro and Muzan locking eyes, Zenitsu's moment. Wow, everything in this episode was amazing.
Jun 30, 12:00 PM
Feb 2024
The best episode of the season. This episode is on the same level as the movie. Can't wait to watch the movie trilogy. Especially by ufotable, it must be epic like the last movie.
Jun 30, 12:07 PM
Apr 2024
animation was peakkkk. excited for infinity castle arc
Jun 30, 12:16 PM

Feb 2020
and we have reached the end of another season of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I will try to save money to watch the final films

Jun 30, 12:19 PM
Oct 2016
Ubayashiki laid it all on the line to give the Hashira a chance to stop Muzan right here. The conversation between Ubayashiki and Muzan was filled with tension.
The familial link between the two finally explained somewhat. Ubayashiki feels a responsibility to stop Muzan since they're connected. Ubayashiki making the correct guess that killing Muzan kills all the demons. Muzan arrogance knows no bounds, he doesn't realize the wrath that's been awakening in the Hashira. Him arriving here to confront Ubayashiki himself was a massive mistake. All the Hashira descending upon him was so intense!! Ubayashiki sacrificing himself, his wife and two of their children for this opening for the Hashira to strike. Muzan has always vastly underestimated humans and now it's nearly ruined him. Himejima leading the charge as Tamayo makes confronts Muzan herself. Getting some more backstory on Tamayo briefly about how she became a demon and killed her family but now seeks to stop Muzan! Pinned down by those spikes he's a sitting duck for Himejima to launch his mace right at Muzan head! But that's not enough to kill the progenitor of demons, only the sunlight will kill him. All the Hashira arriving to the master's mansion, Tanjiro yelling out that this is indeed Muzan since he's the only one of these characters that's seen him before. Right as they try to all attack its not that simple as Muzan snaps them into the infinity castle. With all the characters falling into their respective battles we end the season.

Now I don't care what anyone says this season was needed to be this long. Stretching out these moments with the Hashira right before they get sent to constantly fight is NEEDED. We needed to see more of them before shit gets wild. I loved it, Tanjiro formed some more bonds with them and helped get himself and the other slayers stronger.

100/100
Jun 30, 12:19 PM
Nov 2023
Muzan entry, emotions of each hashira and thier reaction of meeting muzan, tanjiro and muzan interaction, the hype building until the end of the episode, infinity castle everything was so peak
Jun 30, 12:21 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to ZER0PT
Worst season by far as expected.
Some funny moments but overall very mid.
6/10
@ZER0PT mf came to advertise and trash talk a show
Jun 30, 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
I would say that all episodes are about 2-3/10. Feels super filler. But the last one is really good. So really hard to rate this season. 5/10?
Jun 30, 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
RIP Ubuyashiki and his family. Also, I always loved the vibe of his family, especially his wife and daughters. Like they have such an ominous mysterious yet beautiful vibe like his daughters appearing out of nowhere playing ball with each other is like the start of a horror mystery or something. I'm going to really miss Amane his wife. She was as beautiful as heaven.

Also, hyped for serious Zenitsu.
Jun 30, 12:28 PM
May 2021
Ok I have been waiting for this moment 🔥🔥😭 omfg the infinity castle is acc gonna go off wtaffff, seeing that shit in the cinemas gonna go off 💯
Jun 30, 12:28 PM
May 2021
everything about this episode is just so so good. It really reminds me of the entertainment district arc all over again with how hype it is, how flashy the animation, how insane the voice acting is. Just everythign
Jun 30, 12:29 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The OST that went with Muzan's advance really was perfect. For a bloodline to spwn both heros and demons huh. The mansion's destruction was damm impressive. The master sure was quite bold with his strat. Tamayo's surprise though was excellent. Her expansion there was pretty grim though. But Muzan was every bit as lethal thanks to his extreme regen speeds. The Hashira's attack sure made for one hell of a cliffhanger. That and Inosuke and his attempt to snack. Can't wait to see the movie trilogy now. As a finale it had the perfect balance of action and lore expansion plus the shock value of the cliffhanger. Thanks for another great season Ufotable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 12:30 PM
Oct 2023
I can not wait enough for The Infinity Castle arc...
Jun 30, 12:32 PM

Nov 2017
Lets go to the best arc "infinity castle"

Jun 30, 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
Crazy good animation throughout the episode
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» worst season ever ( 1 2 3 )

Leon888 - Aug 4

115 by Suitedup »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

232 by Matheus050 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

128 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 12, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

163 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 9, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

263 by mbarseru »»
Oct 8, 6:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.