Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems identity issues has an important role in this show. We also got more story focus on the Kirihara brothers.

I still find it hard to get invested into the cast but at least they have all the relevant characters gathered together now.
Jul 21, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
Miracle Mick sure is a crude old man for a cult leader, and Youko Hikasa VAing the tratior Kimie Kobayashi is an unique evil voice all on its own.

That said, the Kirihara brothers Naoto and Naoya have more mysteries surrounding their past, as is the Kuroki brothers Yuya and Takuya, abandoned sibllings for unknown reasons, and thrust into the Special Weapons Enforcement team for reasons.

Kiyo reading Volume 3 of Akira, that's a well-pasted reference.

Obviously, the new ragtag platoon has no idea of existing psychics like the Kirihara brothers, and Kimie who's a mind controller, with all that explanation that hopefully will provide a course to action for the SWE.

Still gonna need sometime for the plot to flesh out more, since George Iida is a writer that knows how to ply his way through a plot like this since Night Head Genesis.
Jul 21, 2021 2:20 PM
Sep 2019
Interesting episode
It was kinda hot when that girl had her leg up to that guys head

Besides that the brothers are on the run from the SWE
Looking forward to the full backstory of those 4 brothers
Jul 21, 2021 2:52 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A bit of power display and more questions about our character's pasts. In the beginning with the burning of the books, I got a Fahrenheit 451 vibe going strong. I still find this series interesting and still like the CGI artwork. And a really bad girl like Kimie always livens things up!
Jul 21, 2021 3:44 PM

Jun 2021
Nothing interesting so far, hopefully it gets good next episode.
I wish they didn't use cheap animation on the side characters, as they look really out of place.
Jul 21, 2021 4:20 PM
Dec 2016
Weak writing, character design, and the only moment that would make you excited, with that redhead killing everyone, only to find out its illusion doesnt make me put this anywhere else but a trash folder. Im absoultely sure this will stay garbage, writer doesnt risk anything and plays the story too safe. It feels like it was written by 10 year old.
Jul 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Apr 2008
The visuals and characters are more than a little flat, but I'm willing to give this a couple to go somewhere interesting with the plot. The writing is clumsy as well. "Hey, remember how we're orphans? Oh yeah!" But at least it's trying to tell a story beyond being in high school or isekaing with fantastic powers.
Jul 21, 2021 8:32 PM
Apr 2015
IMMABEAST said:
Weak writing, character design, and the only moment that would make you excited, with that redhead killing everyone, only to find out its illusion doesnt make me put this anywhere else but a trash folder. Im absoultely sure this will stay garbage, writer doesnt risk anything and plays the story too safe. It feels like it was written by 10 year old.

You want kill characters of just two episodes ?
Jul 21, 2021 9:20 PM

Dec 2020
brother's were supposed to be in the lab for 15 years when 27 years passed instead sorry guys you got scammed
Jul 21, 2021 11:10 PM

Mar 2016
The two new brothers have the same powers as our Kirihara brothers, and they had also been abandoned 15 years ago. Also, Kirihara brothers' 15 years seems to be much longer than actual 15 years. There is obviously a connection, so I wonder how they're planning to explore it. It has to be connected to the barrier breaking that was mentioned in episode 1. Maybe the new brothers made the old ones time travel?

In the old series (the anime, not the original TV drama), I used to find the brothers annoying because Naoya kept screaming every episode, and Naoto kept getting angry. They seem slightly better here. Especially Naoya. He kept his positive traits, while decreasing his negatives.

The constant switch between 2d and 3d was a bit odd every time I noticed it. Especially because the presence of the 2d makes the 3d look slightly bad.

The characters look quite good in the ed.

Jul 22, 2021 12:28 AM
Sep 2013
IMMABEAST said:

If you say these characters have weak design you don't know poop about character design.

What the heck you talking about ? weak writing cause writer doesn't risk anything ? just episode 2 and you're already out for blood. Go watch higurashi or tokyo ghoul
Jul 22, 2021 3:07 AM
Dec 2016
sim04ful said:
IMMABEAST said:

If you say these characters have weak design you don't know poop about character design.

What the heck you talking about ? weak writing cause writer doesn't risk anything ? just episode 2 and you're already out for blood. Go watch higurashi or tokyo ghoul
Sorry for hurting your feelings snowflake
Jul 22, 2021 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
I never thought this show would be quite interesting on 2nd ep. Even if the MC does look like a character from BL if the story is good I can watch it
Jul 22, 2021 4:16 AM

Aug 2020
Damn, that sucks. Imagine living your whole life living in seclusion because people fear you as psychics, come out 15 years later and they still want you dead, but there are other psychics that get treated well just because they're on the opposite side of things and they're "special."

Jul 22, 2021 7:02 AM

Aug 2020
the BG art and the composition is honestly quite fantastic . they have put in quite some effort into making them look good .
Jul 22, 2021 9:35 PM

Oct 2008
they're really putting a lot of Suspension of disbelief in this one! i guess common people would say Blasphemy once they hear the word Psychics huh...
4/5.

Jul 23, 2021 6:55 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, Redhead did them poor guys dirty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2021 4:31 AM
Feb 2020
FMmatron said:

Already woofing for her....too much masochism got me good

Aside from that this anime exceeded my expectations and i Don't even dislike the animation at all, rather the non harmful cgi and details look awesome to me.

Jul 24, 2021 4:34 AM

Nov 2016
Tahseen_Noor said:
FMmatron said:

Already woofing for her....too much masochism got me good

Aside from that this anime exceeded my expectations and i Don't even dislike the animation at all, rather the non harmful cgi and details look awesome to me.

She's definitely hot and the camera gave us some good angles.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2021 9:58 PM
Mar 2012
nice op (got a tokyo ghoul vibe) & ed.
characters kinda annoying but cool designs everyone.
sounds like lots of amnesia or coverups, and ww3 backstory.
Jul 26, 2021 10:29 PM

Dec 2016
They should've just stood there instead of running away, but then again it's normal for humans to get scared after seeing that. That military shouldn't have shoot them, it's true that seeing then fleeing seemed suspicious to them but that inside footage they got before they barged in clearly showed that they were sitting far away from each other which definitely looked like they're normal civilians and has nothing to do with that Miracle Mick.
Sep 28, 2021 1:37 PM

Jul 2015
Despite getting caught at least Miracle Mick got a nice leg view from redhead Kimie behind the Diner café ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seems like the government is trying to dispose of all psychics that don't work for them which just like Naoto makes me wonder what happened to the world

Mar 15, 8:34 PM
Jan 2017
Is it me, or is every important character wearing some weird design apparel clothing line? Like even that guy leader of that SWAT team group is wearing clothes like he's ready for a photo-shoot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

18 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2021

23 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 22, 2021

10 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 15, 2021

7 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 8, 2021

14 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.