Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 15, 8:19 AM
Aug 2022
Actually I started this series again, and I got confused, did zero two knew her darling

Anyway, the ending is trash I don't even wanna watch it after 16th episode, #make16thepisodefinal
Feb 15, 8:57 AM

Jan 2022
it's been so many years that I could not even recall anything 🥲
Feb 15, 8:58 AM
Apr 2023
I don't remember when that happen but, basically he save her in the past
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Jan 2022
If you're interested in exploring why some people dislike the ending of "Darling in the Franxx," you might find these articles insightful:

- [Quora: Why do people dislike the ending of Darling in the Franxx?](https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-dislike-the-ending-of-Darling-in-the-Franxx)

- [CBR: Darling in the Franxx: Controversial Ending Explained](https://www.cbr.com/darling-in-the-franxx-controversial-ending-explained/#:~:text=The%20drama%20surrounding%20Hiro%20and,the%20sudden%20introduction%20of%20aliens.)

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the ending after reading these articles!
ItsmechinmoyFeb 15, 9:05 AM
Feb 15, 9:05 AM
Sep 2021
Ngl personally I like the ending
Feb 15, 9:12 AM

Apr 2021
rishamr said:
Actually I started this series again, and I got confused, did zero two knew her darling

Anyway, the ending is trash I don't even wanna watch it after 16th episode, #make16thepisodefinal

I understand it’s confusing, but after watching Darling in the Franxx in Sub & Dub, mutiple times, I came to this conclusion.

ZeroTwo did not know for sure if Hiro was her actual “darling” from the past at the lake scene.

She thought Hiro was cute and says “How would you like to be my Darling?” (This was her way of testing Hiro’s memory of the past) and she also said, “you taste nice”, which seems like ZeroTwo could tell something was different about Hiro than the other humans. It is later that we find out that Hiro ingested her blood when they were kids, so this changed his biology, hence him “tasting” differently than regular humans, which she seems to notice.

ZeroTwo begins to really hope that Hiro is her darling after they ride together in the Franxx the first time, so she starts to treat him lovingly and keeps pushing to continue riding with him, hoping it is her darling.

Unfortunately, after time goes by and Hiro (who had his memory erased) continues to not remember important memories from their past, ZeroTwo gets really disappointed leading to doubt that Hiro is her darling from the past, and thinking she was wrong about him, she becomes cold, distant, and just uses him like everyone else she rode with in the past.

It is not until later, when Hiro goes to her when she is riding solo in the Franxx, that they both know for sure that they ran away together in their past and that Hiro is ZeroTwo’s actual darling from the past, that’s why when they talk to each other again, she is so sad, emotional, distressed, and feels like she treated her darling so terribly, but they talk it out, and decide to start over.

After that, they are in in love and fight for one another.

I hope this helps.

Also, I have come to not dislike the ending, I just wish this setup a second season, with them meeting again in the future, having Nana and Hachi still living, and the reincarnation of all their entire crew in a different future world.
ejleonFeb 15, 11:49 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 15, 10:22 AM

Oct 2023
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

I understand it’s confusing, but after watching Darling in the Franxx in Sub & Dub, mutiple times, I came to this conclusion.

ZeroTwo did not know for sure if Hiro was her actual darling from the past at the lake scene.

She thought Hiro was cute and says “How would you like be my Darling?” (This was her way of testing Hiro’s memory of the past) and she also said, “you taste nice”, which seems like ZeroTwo could tell something was different about Hiro than the other humans. It is later that we find out that Hiro ingested her blood when they were kids, so this changed his biology, hence him “tasting” differently than regular humans, which she seems to notice.

ZeroTwo begins to really hope that Hiro is her darling after they ride together in the Franxx the first time, so she starts to treat him lovingly and keeps pushing to continue riding with him, hoping it is her darling.

Unfortunately, after time goes by and Hiro (who had his memory erased) continues to not remember important memories from their past, ZeroTwo gets really disappointed leading to doubt that Hiro is her darling from the past, and thinking she was wrong about him, she becomes cold, distant, and just uses him like everyone else she rode with in the past.

It is not until later, when Hiro goes to her when she is riding solo in the Franxx, that they both know for sure that they ran away together in their past and that Hiro is ZeroTwo’s actual darling from the past, that’s why when they talk to each other again, she is so sad, emotional, distressed, and feels like she treated her darling so terribly, but they talk it out, and decide to start over.

I hope this helps.

Also, I have come to not dislike the ending, I just wish this setup a second season, with them meeting again in the future, having Nana and Hachi still living, and the reincarnation of all their entire crew in a different future world.

I completely agree with you
Feb 15, 11:02 AM
Apr 2023
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

ZeroTwo did not know for sure if Hiro was her actual darling from the past at the lake scene.

She thought Hiro was cute and says “How would you like to be my Darling?” (This was her way of testing Hiro’s memory of the past) and she also said, “you taste nice”, which seems like ZeroTwo could tell something was different about Hiro than the other humans. It is later that we find out that Hiro ingested her blood when they were kids, so this changed his biology, hence him “tasting” differently than regular humans, which she seems to notice.

I hope this helps.

i was going to say something similar but u covered pretty much everything and explained it quite nicely 😃😃
Feb 15, 12:04 PM
Aug 2022
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

ZeroTwo did not know for sure if Hiro was her actual “darling” from the past at the lake scene.

I hope this helps.

thanks buddy this makes a lot of sense, still one more question , you're saying that she realised hiro was her darling after they confront each other when she was fighting alone then what was that after she hurt him, it seemed like she did realised that he was her darling

and you're perspective towards sequel I'll love it, somehow even a little but it might fix what it broke inside me, but the ending dude worse than my shit, there's countless points says it's gross, I mean there was no need to that it didn't even felt grand, the death of goku in cell Saga felt grand even though he came back his death meant something but in Darling in the Franxx they just refused to elaborate why zero two had to pilot that big ass machine when there was no need, there was no need to introduce a whole ass planet at the last moment which didn't even lasted 5 mins, literally that planet significance is so low that it just feels forced and bad writing, okay fine let's just say she needed it to but what the fk in heaven she walking on earth while her consciousness is fighting in space and then she becomes a salute then brakes?? even chainsaw man emotional shift is far better than this, they need to officially announce that their last arc is not canon or give us a sequel
Feb 15, 12:06 PM
Aug 2022
jwhbsrinvfriygrf said:
Ngl personally I like the ending

what do you like about that ending, I can tell you I hate that ending
Feb 15, 12:09 PM
Aug 2022
Itsmechinmoy said:
If you're interested in exploring why some people dislike the ending of "Darling in the Franxx," you might find these articles insightful:

- [Quora: Why do people dislike the ending of Darling in the Franxx?](https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-dislike-the-ending-of-Darling-in-the-Franxx)

- [CBR: Darling in the Franxx: Controversial Ending Explained](https://www.cbr.com/darling-in-the-franxx-controversial-ending-explained/#:~:text=The%20drama%20surrounding%20Hiro%20and,the%20sudden%20introduction%20of%20aliens.)

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the ending after reading these articles!

I mean there's no need, When I finished it I was already so broke I already read so many articles on this and anyhow just realising why hate people hate ending doesn't gonna change anything, people hate it because it is trash, bad writing, forced, tell me do you even remember that planet which literally did not had any significance on the story. Literally.
Feb 15, 1:40 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to rishamr
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

I hope this helps.

thanks buddy this makes a lot of sense, still one more question , you're saying that she realised hiro was her darling after they confront each other when she was fighting alone then what was that after she hurt him, it seemed like she did realised that he was her darling

and you're perspective towards sequel I'll love it, somehow even a little but it might fix what it broke inside me, but the ending dude worse than my shit, there's countless points says it's gross, I mean there was no need to that it didn't even felt grand, the death of goku in cell Saga felt grand even though he came back his death meant something but in Darling in the Franxx they just refused to elaborate why zero two had to pilot that big ass machine when there was no need, there was no need to introduce a whole ass planet at the last moment which didn't even lasted 5 mins, literally that planet significance is so low that it just feels forced and bad writing, okay fine let's just say she needed it to but what the fk in heaven she walking on earth while her consciousness is fighting in space and then she becomes a salute then brakes?? even chainsaw man emotional shift is far better than this, they need to officially announce that their last arc is not canon or give us a sequel
@rishamr

Ending of Episodes 12 “The Garden Where It All Began”, after she calls Hiro “fodder”, during the snow battle, ZeroTwo in the Franxx turns red and starts to choke Hiro, saying she wants to kill him and search for her darling from the past, then it shows a flood of memories entering Hiro’s mind and he says that he knows these memories.

Ending of Episode 13 “The Beast and the Prince”, it continues the scene after she was choking him, Hiro says “The Picture Book … that was you, you were the girl, the one with the picture book”, and ZeroTwo looks back in shock, realizing Hiro really is her Darling, and she is horrified that she tried to kill him, even though that’s what finally helped him remember, after this they both know the truth.

Next, Hiro is hospitalized, ZeroTwo wants to talk to her Darling, the team protects Hiro, which is understandable since they are totally in the dark about their past, she hurts them, and Hiro calls her a “monster”.

Leading to Episode 15 “Jian”, where Hiro makes up his mind to finally talk to ZeroTwo, during the battle Hiro takes the training unit to see ZeroTwo (I love the music), Ichigo & Gorou pick him up, awesome fight between Ichigo & ZeroTwo (I love the music), and then Hiro goes to talk to ZeroTwo, joining with her in the Franxx and breaking her free, they talk everything out and decide to be “one”.

———

The ending is really random and all over the place. I considered the episodes after 16 an excuse to show them fighting in space, which I admit was kinda cool, but was that necessary, not really. And the whole Hiro merge with a Franxx ZeroTwo was unnecessary. Why couldn’t they just decide together to fight as they were as a couple? I don’t know.

Seeing the end credits scene of Episode 24 “Never Let Me Go”, showing their “souls” traveling in space back to earth, saying “one day they will meet again”, then showing a boy with dark hair (Hiro) sitting leaning against the Pink Tree, looking at the Picture Book, and a girl with pink hair (ZeroTwo) running and tripping, him asking her if she is ok and helps her up, then we see the bird (Jian) charm on her bracelet, and the words “And a new story begins”, is what lead me to imagine the sequel idea I mentioned.
ejleonFeb 15, 2:34 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 15, 1:43 PM
Feb 2021
rishamr said:

People don’t like the ending bc it’s sad and they both (yk what happens) but look on the bright side they did reborn… the anime lets you make up your own ending just think that they grew up together and they live happily together forever and ever wothout having to fight and all that.
Feb 15, 3:47 PM
Sep 2021
Friedrich-kyn said:
ejleon said:

She thought Hiro was cute and says “How would you like be my Darling?” (This was her way of testing Hiro’s memory of the past) and she also said, “you taste nice”, which seems like ZeroTwo could tell something was different about Hiro than the other humans. It is later that we find out that Hiro ingested her blood when they were kids, so this changed his biology, hence him “tasting” differently than regular humans, which she seems to notice.

I hope this helps.

I love your explanation. And I agree with you regarding the end and the need of a second season.
Feb 15, 5:27 PM

Apr 2021
MTLourenco said:
Friedrich-kyn said:

I love your explanation. And I agree with you regarding the end and the need of a second season.

Did you mean to send to me?

You quoted a quote 😅

Feb 15, 6:22 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to ejleon
rishamr said:

I hope this helps.

ejleon said:
Also, I have come to not dislike the ending, I just wish this setup a second season, with them meeting again in the future, having Nana and Hachi still living, and the reincarnation of all their entire crew in a different future world

You make a good point, but I disagree specifically with the second season. I think the ending was logical and wrapped up the story well, you could even cut out the part with the reincarnation of Hiro and Zero Two.

But the only thing I would have liked would have been a spin-off about Gorou's adventures and his adventures on the planet when he traveled to find the materials needed to live and losted childrens, it could have also shown the lives of the matured characters at the same time. That would have been very interesting.

Well Hiro and Zero Two are enough of a touch over, their story is complete. The ending is sad, but again, logical.
Feb 15, 10:27 PM
Aug 2022
ejleon said:
@rishamr

Ending of Episodes 12 “The Garden Where It All Began”, after she calls Hiro “fodder”, during the snow battle, ZeroTwo in the Franxx turns red and starts to choke Hiro, saying she wants to kill him and search for her darling from the past, then it shows a flood of memories entering Hiro’s mind and he says that he knows these memories.

Ending of Episode 13 “The Beast and the Prince”, it continues the scene after she was choking him, Hiro says “The Picture Book … that was you, you were the girl, the one with the picture book”, and ZeroTwo looks back in shock, realizing Hiro really is her Darling, and she is horrified that she tried to kill him, even though that’s what finally helped him remember, after this they both know the truth.

Next, Hiro is hospitalized, ZeroTwo wants to talk to her Darling, the team protects Hiro, which is understandable since they are totally in the dark about their past, she hurts them, and Hiro calls her a “monster”.

Leading to Episode 15 “Jian”, where Hiro makes up his mind to finally talk to ZeroTwo, during the battle Hiro takes the training unit to see ZeroTwo (I love the music), Ichigo & Gorou pick him up, awesome fight between Ichigo & ZeroTwo (I love the music), and then Hiro goes to talk to ZeroTwo, joining with her in the Franxx and breaking her free, they talk everything out and decide to be “one”.

———

The ending is really random and all over the place. I considered the episodes after 16 an excuse to show them fighting in space, which I admit was kinda cool, but was that necessary, not really. And the whole Hiro merge with a Franxx ZeroTwo was unnecessary. Why couldn’t they just decide together to fight as they were as a couple? I don’t know.

Seeing the end credits scene of Episode 24 “Never Let Me Go”, showing their “souls” traveling in space back to earth, saying “one day they will meet again”, then showing a boy with dark hair (Hiro) sitting leaning against the Pink Tree, looking at the Picture Book, and a girl with pink hair (ZeroTwo) running and tripping, him asking her if she is ok and helps her up, then we see the bird (Jian) charm on her bracelet, and the words “And a new story begins”, is what lead me to imagine the sequel idea I mentioned.

I understand it now, thanks

------

Seriously, episodes after 16th is pretty worthless, it seems like they wanted to create a impact with ending, it would be great if they decide to make sequel or it would be best if they decide to remake the whole with different ending which is not as bad as this
Feb 15, 10:38 PM
Aug 2022
Mimi_Jazmin said:
rishamr said:

People don’t like the ending bc it’s sad and they both (yk what happens) but look on the bright side they did reborn… the anime lets you make up your own ending just think that they grew up together and they live happily together forever and ever wothout having to fight and all that.

Nahhh... I mean it's good and all that they met in another life, but you know it's not same they will not know what they did, how they met, what have they suffered together, just starting new not knowing what have you been through is like a empty shell,

one's past defines their life and experiences, and if you don't remember any of them then you're totally a new person
Feb 15, 10:45 PM
Aug 2022
Omarumba said:
ejleon said:
Also, I have come to not dislike the ending, I just wish this setup a second season, with them meeting again in the future, having Nana and Hachi still living, and the reincarnation of all their entire crew in a different future world

You make a good point, but I disagree specifically with the second season. I think the ending was logical and wrapped up the story well, you could even cut out the part with the reincarnation of Hiro and Zero Two.

But the only thing I would have liked would have been a spin-off about Gorou's adventures and his adventures on the planet when he traveled to find the materials needed to live and losted childrens, it could have also shown the lives of the matured characters at the same time. That would have been very interesting.

Well Hiro and Zero Two are enough of a touch over, their story is complete. The ending is sad, but again, logical.

What part of the ending was 'logical' buddy, didn't you read what I wrote about the whole ass planet and didn't you understand what he wrote about merging with franxx, there's nothing logical only forced
Feb 15, 10:55 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to rishamr
Omarumba said:
ejleon said:

What part of the ending was 'logical' buddy, didn't you read what I wrote about the whole ass planet and didn't you understand what he wrote about merging with franxx, there's nothing logical only forced
@rishamr Even if there's no logic to it according to you, the second season, especially the one suggested above, makes no logic or sense at all.

I often come across Franxx fans talking about the second season, but if you ask them "what will it be about?" they start talking nonsense about rebirths and so on.
Feb 16, 12:58 AM
May 2023
yeah they knew each other, it is shown in some episodes later were it shows that he helps her excape her room
Feb 16, 4:54 AM
Aug 2022
Omarumba said:
@rishamr Even if there's no logic to it according to you, the second season, especially the one suggested above, makes no logic or sense at all.

I often come across Franxx fans talking about the second season, but if you ask them "what will it be about?" they start talking nonsense about rebirths and so on.

cmon buddy then don't just yapp prove me wrong, show me logic in that ending (This is the second time I'm asking you)
Feb 16, 7:48 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to rishamr
Omarumba said:

cmon buddy then don't just yapp prove me wrong, show me logic in that ending (This is the second time I'm asking you)
@rishamr Okay, buddy, I just rewatched the ending and some of the parts, I overreacted. It's been a long time since I watched Franxx, so I forgot a lot of things. The prescription of the existence of the alien race was too insufficient, and the battle in space is something with something.

But still I won't change my opinion about the second season, it's pointless. The same studios is not profitable to re-release a different ending, especially since the manga also has a different ending.
OmarumbaFeb 16, 8:15 AM
Feb 16, 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
Omarumba said:
@rishamr Okay, buddy, I just rewatched the ending and some of the parts, I overreacted. It's been a long time since I watched Franxx, so I forgot a lot of things. The prescription of the existence of the alien race was too insufficient, and the battle in space is something with something.

But still I won't change my opinion about the second season, it's pointless. The same studios is not profitable to re-release a different ending, especially since the manga also has a different ending.

Exactly, ending is such a trash, it stinks more than my puke

Anyway, many of franxxx watchers do want a sequel just because of the ending they gave us, story and I believe if they figured out the story then the sequel too can be profitable, don't know about another ending but atleast saying that after 16 is not canon will be enough

and tbh Manga doesn't even feel canon
Feb 16, 11:59 AM

Apr 2021
Omarumba said:

I watched the end too. It really comes out of nowhere and changes the entire show abruptly.

What did the humans do to her or her people before the aliens came to earth the second time? The only reason the human race extracted the magma and attacked her people is because of aliens.

If she hated the aliens so much, why didn’t she try to work with the humans sooner against the aliens?

Why didn’t the Princess of Klaxosaurs not tell the human race or warn them sooner about this ancient enemy from space?

And then suddenly the human race is supposed to do a 180° and work with their enemies of the entire show, to attack an alien race that the Princess of Klaxosaurs knew about the entire time, watching humanity be tricked all those years.

Then they have ZeroTwo & Hiro literally become a Klaxosaur just like how the ancient race did before, why was that necessary?

To me it feels rushed and not well written, it doesn’t have the same flow as the rest of the anime.

And I only came to that second season idea, based on the end credits scene in the final episode and the ending visuals in each episode (the girls in Japanese clothes in Japan), so it is not illogical to assume they might do something with that later.

That said, I do like your spin-off idea about Gorou’s travels around the world.
ejleonFeb 16, 12:13 PM

Feb 16, 12:11 PM

Apr 2021
rishamr said:
Omarumba said:

Anyway, many of franxxx watchers do want a sequel just because of the ending they gave us, story and I believe if they figured out the story then the sequel too can be profitable, don't know about another ending but atleast saying that after 16 is not canon will be enough

Another thing, do you remember the end of the episodes’ credits scenes of the girls in the team in Japanese clothing and in Japan?

https://youtu.be/IAZMcHA7rYs?si=ZeRQQ80VvyRCJnPZ

(Don’t know how to make a link)

I never understood why they did that. I guess maybe it is artistic and different.

But at the time, that also caused me to imagine them in a future where Nana & Hachi (who don’t die) teach a reincarnated team in some future world, in the sequel series.

😂 Maybe I just miss the series 😅
ejleonFeb 16, 12:54 PM

Feb 16, 12:26 PM
Aug 2022
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

Another thing, do you remember the end of the episodes’ credits scenes of the girls in the team in Japanese clothing and in Japan?

https://youtu.be/IAZMcHA7rYs?si=ZeRQQ80VvyRCJnPZ

(Don’t know how make a link)

I never understood why they did that. I guess maybe it is artistic and different.

But at the time, that also caused me to imagine them in a future where Nana & Hachi (who don’t die) teach a reincarnated team in some future world, in the sequel series.

😂 Maybe I just miss their series 😅

it will be quite refreshing and fun if they really decide to do one, I hate and love to thunk if they somehow end up doing a time travel concept

but probably it was an artistic choice or they wanted this to create a hype for the second season but the ending overshadowed it
Feb 26, 7:45 AM
Aug 2020
yeah I'll have to disagree. Darling innm the Franxx was like one of the first anime that broke the mold for me to branch out of mainstream Shonen and got me into better stuff. I fell in love with it because of The story of the world depending on the kids which had to have sucked for them but made them have to depend on each other and grow up together and build close relationships which we get to see the cute crushes they have on each other and experience the heartache of unrequited love and the joy of seeing crushes turn out to be a fruitful relationship. I'll forever recommend it to be watched subbed because if ypu watch dubbed you don't get the whole "darling" experience of the way Zero Two calls Hiro Darling constantly in a cute Japanese accent. To answer your question, Hiro didn't know who She was until later on when he remembered meeting her as children which is understood because she was a demon child back then. But even then He was nice to her and was the only friend she ever knew and pretty much saved her life by becoming the one thing in the world for her to live for. Plus when he locked her scraped knee that also correlates to the ending and him becoming part Klaxo because he got her Klaxosaur blood in his system when he was little. Idk why people hate the ending because I think it was good. Happy ending are always good imo. I generally think people just expected way to much from the anime for the year it was made and the production company it was with. Zero TwoxHiro forever and Zero Two will forever be my No.1 Waifu lol. I hope it grows on you if you watch it again. But I suggest reading the manga because most who disliked the anime enjoyed Tha manga because it has way more content and different stuff.
Feb 26, 7:49 AM
Aug 2020
ejleon said:
rishamr said:

I hope this helps.

I swear when I would watch it though I just get the feeling that the whole time she subconsciously knew that Hiro was Her Darling from when they where kids but was just to afraid of hoping he was and getting attached and then finding out he wasn't. Because her memory was never erased and she also Lived for nothing but her darling when she was little and going through hell. I hated seeing her distant to him because the best part of the series is her calling him darling in japanese which is why it's so much better subbed. But it was necessary for the story.
Mar 3, 12:51 AM
Jul 2023
Itsmechinmoy said:
it's been so many years that I could not even recall anything 🥲

Yeah seriously 😭😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.