Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 10:42 AM
Sep 2021
I was hyped for a new season once i finished the movie but after thinking about it for a bit, I realized what a perfect stopping point this actually is and wondered if they were actually planning on ending it here. Cause pretty much all the loose ends are tied up. Edamame is running his cafe, Cynthia is raising her new adopted kids, Abby is chilling enjoying America doing adrenaline junkie stuff like mountain climbing, Shioh/Makotos old scam buddy guy are chilling together in Seoul, Laurant is living his childhood dream as a diplomat, Dorothy is alive and Laurant knows she's alive and where she is. Like this would be a perfect place to stop the show after thinking about it. The only somewhat loose end is Dorothy's amnesia but the smile at Laurant at the end of the movie could definitely be interpreted as she has her memory back and recognizes him. I don't want it to end I love the series but it's very possible it ends here, at least with this cast of characters. Maybe they will continue it just with a different cast and a different group of confidence men and the movie was a little test run of that with all the new characters.

Thoughts?

Jan 11, 11:13 AM
Feb 2021
,..,.m...........mm.
LaaleetJun 16, 4:21 AM

Jan 11, 11:15 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Laaleet
,..,.m...........mm.
@Laaleet Great Pretender Razbliuto
Jan 11, 11:24 AM

Sep 2021
What Movie TF?....
Jan 11, 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
if you seen it already then do make an official episode discussion thread dude because damn you spoiled it all already lol but thanks for the spoiler because i do not mind
Jan 11, 12:24 PM
Feb 2021
plainly_bored said:

but it say it comes out late February. I know that it receives a Sequel but I was confused by him having watched it

Jan 11, 12:50 PM

Mar 2016
what movie are you talking about
Yanssen10Jan 11, 12:53 PM
Jan 11, 12:55 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to deg
if you seen it already then do make an official episode discussion thread dude because damn you spoiled it all already lol but thanks for the spoiler because i do not mind
@deg Dw its not released yet so no one did watch this one unless time traveling exists , he was probably talking about the way that season 1 ended
Jan 11, 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Yanssen10
@deg Dw its not released yet so no one did watch this one unless time traveling exists , he was probably talking about the way that season 1 ended
@Yanssen10

Great Pretender razbliuto will hit United States theaters for a special two-day event on Jan. 9 and 10, 2024. https://www.cbr.com/crunchyroll-great-pretender-razbliuto-usa-theatrical-release/

so ye he is from USA i say
Jan 11, 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Laaleet
plainly_bored said:

but it say it comes out late February. I know that it receives a Sequel but I was confused by him having watched it
@Laaleet

Great Pretender razbliuto will hit United States theaters for a special two-day event on Jan. 9 and 10, 2024. https://www.cbr.com/crunchyroll-great-pretender-razbliuto-usa-theatrical-release/

Jan 11, 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
Pretty sure there’s more (at least another season) since the trailer teased we will see the old characters again after the movie.

Also, the ending was pretty loose and I’d like to think they want to show us more aftermath.
OLFINDUSJan 11, 2:32 PM
Jan 11, 2:27 PM

Aug 2021
it must be fun being from the US ^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2:49 PM
Sep 2021
Laaleet said:
plainly_bored said:

Google it it played in us theaters on the 9th and 10th

Jan 11, 2:50 PM
Sep 2021
deg said:

if you got spoiled that's your own fault.... the title of the post is literally FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE

can't be more clear than that that's on you

Jan 11, 2:51 PM
Sep 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
What Movie TF?....

Great Pretender Razbliuto

Jan 11, 2:52 PM
Sep 2021
Yanssen10 said:

???? No. I saw Great Pretender Razbliuto in theaters along with shitloads of people. it premiered across the US on January 9th and 10th.

Jan 11, 2:54 PM
Sep 2021
deg said:
@Yanssen10

Correct thanks for providing the link

Jan 11, 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to sagedevault
Yanssen10 said:

???? No. I saw Great Pretender Razbliuto in theaters along with shitloads of people. it premiered across the US on January 9th and 10th.
@sagedevault i see ..... cuz i saw that you just completed GP S1 a couple of days ago and that you still got Razbliuto in your ptw list ......
Anyway how was it ? was it as good as the S1 ?
Jan 11, 4:20 PM
Oct 2015
Yeah, just saw the movie last night. I'd be kind of surprised if they tried to do a sequel with the same cast of characters. The movie really wrapped things up with Dorothy and Laurent. It should end here.
Jan 11, 4:22 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Yanssen10
@sagedevault i see ..... cuz i saw that you just completed GP S1 a couple of days ago and that you still got Razbliuto in your ptw list ......
Anyway how was it ? was it as good as the S1 ?
@Yanssen10 I've seen season 1&2 twice just never updated my list. It was good but it's mostly new characters aside from Dorothy being one of the MC's and an extremely small cameo from Laurant and a slightly longer cameo by Edamame. It wasn't as good as the tv show imo but it was entertaining. The ending was rushed and a bit confusing. Definitely not as good but still worth watching and good fun with some entertaining new characters. It had a lot more comedy than the show did(just wait for the opening scene lmao). I hope that there's another season but I could see them ending it here also. Or continuing it just with different characters, since the show pretty much wrapped up everybody but Dorothy and Laurant.

Jan 11, 4:44 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to shoe2kill506th
Yeah, just saw the movie last night. I'd be kind of surprised if they tried to do a sequel with the same cast of characters. The movie really wrapped things up with Dorothy and Laurent. It should end here.
@shoe2kill506th I'd think the same but the trailer makes it seem like there will be a new season so who knows.

Jan 12, 2:42 AM
Jun 2019
sagedevault said:
I was hyped for a new season once i finished the movie but after thinking about it for a bit, I realized what a perfect stopping point this actually is and wondered if they were actually planning on ending it here. Cause pretty much all the loose ends are tied up. Edamame is running his cafe, Cynthia is raising her new adopted kids, Abby is chilling enjoying America doing adrenaline junkie stuff like mountain climbing, Shioh/Makotos old scam buddy guy are chilling together in Seoul, Laurant is living his childhood dream as a diplomat, Dorothy is alive and Laurant knows she's alive and where she is. Like this would be a perfect place to stop the show after thinking about it. The only somewhat loose end is Dorothy's amnesia but the smile at Laurant at the end of the movie could definitely be interpreted as she has her memory back and recognizes him. I don't want it to end I love the series but it's very possible it ends here, at least with this cast of characters. Maybe they will continue it just with a different cast and a different group of confidence men and the movie was a little test run of that with all the new characters.

Thoughts?

Second season was already confirmed by WIT when they announced the movie.
Jan 12, 4:37 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to guac4lif3
sagedevault said:

Thoughts?

Second season was already confirmed by WIT when they announced the movie.
@guac4lif3 I mean they teased it with the trailer but there's no outright confirmation that I can see anywhere

Jan 12, 1:42 PM
Jun 2019
sagedevault said:
@guac4lif3 I mean they teased it with the trailer but there's no outright confirmation that I can see anywhere

idk man I interpreted it as season 2 being confirmed but I do agree this movie provided very good closure for the series.
Jan 14, 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to guac4lif3
sagedevault said:

idk man I interpreted it as season 2 being confirmed but I do agree this movie provided very good closure for the series.
@guac4lif3 I interpret it as that too just saying there hasn't been an official social media post explicitly confirming it. There probs will be another season cause it's free money.

Jan 16, 8:34 AM
Jan 2024

Actually, I still think that there is room for one more story.

Edamura has never truly conned Laurent. Didn’t he say that was his one regret?
JJJJAnime13Jan 16, 8:48 AM
Mar 2, 1:10 AM

Sep 2008
I really hope so, hated everything about it. I thought it'll continue the story and wrap things up with laurent and dory, but no. it was sidetracking.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 4, 6:54 AM
Jan 2024
nyugvo6 said:
I really hope so, hated everything about it. I thought it'll continue the story and wrap things up with laurent and dory, but no. it was sidetracking.

I mean It wrapped up Dorothy memory is back( ie implied heavily) and laurent is happy doing his thing they are not together I suppose
Mar 4, 6:55 AM
Jan 2024
ya I think it's over the only plot hole is season 1 was Dorothy being alive and now they have dealt with it also everyone is living their lives laurent got his closure by making sure Dorothy is safe so no more great pretender ig it was a nice show
Mar 4, 11:28 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to hi777
ya I think it's over the only plot hole is season 1 was Dorothy being alive and now they have dealt with it also everyone is living their lives laurent got his closure by making sure Dorothy is safe so no more great pretender ig it was a nice show
@hi777
I don’t really think it is over though. They called the story an ‘intermission’ which means a break between seasons.
Mar 4, 7:46 PM
Jan 2024
JJJJAnime13 said:
@hi777
I don’t really think it is over though. They called the story an ‘intermission’ which means a break between seasons.

yeah I mean not much of a deal ig it was a good movie
Mar 5, 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
It was quite literally an intermission. I'm 99% sure we'll get more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Pretender: Razbliuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sagedevault - Jan 11

74 by Saathyaki118 »»
Sep 29, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender: Razbliuto Episode 4 Discussion

Worvrammu - May 11

4 by p0bo »»
Aug 2, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender: Razbliuto Episode 2 Discussion

Worvrammu - May 7

2 by JJJJAnime13 »»
May 17, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender: Razbliuto Episode 3 Discussion

Worvrammu - May 10

0 by Worvrammu »»
May 10, 3:56 PM

» Still can't set this as "Completed"

0451 - Mar 16

15 by Rexnihilo »»
Mar 24, 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.