Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2023 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the lengths Lizbeth is going to achieve her goals is surreal. This episode felt like a climax as Chise faces what may potentially be the biggest threat of the season. Even Elias had his part in helping too.

It was a very intense episode that was well built into this episode imo.
Dec 14, 2023 7:25 AM

Feb 2021
I love how this OP seemed really mysterious at first (at least for me), but now it's all connected. Definitely one of my favorite OPs this season.
Philomela remembering her parents broke my heart. So bittersweet (T_T). RIP Alcyone.
Chise with sharp teeth looks kinda badass ngl
NOOOO don't end it like that aargh!
This is getting better and better.

The anime nearly caught up to the manga, but the next episode is called "The show must go on. I", but it's the last episode? I think it will be like with Bungo Stray Dogs, where they announce that there will be an anime continuation, even though there is not enoungh source material yet.
The first season also caught up to the manga at the end of the season like this btw, even passed it, again just like BSD.
EmbientDec 14, 2023 8:03 AM
Dec 14, 2023 7:27 AM

Apr 2016
Ask not the shounen protagonist if they are gonna save you, of course they're gonna save you.

The evil grandma simply refuses to give up, no matter what ... but fret not for the pergante red haired goddess lady has not said her last in this season, and is here to kick some ass, and the furry assasin is here too ... only our dear Elias stays invisible, as he has been for the whole season ...

Also, i legitimately wonder, does the academy has a school psychiatrist ? God knows these kids gonna need one.
Dec 14, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, Headmaster Lizbeth just doesn't know when to give up, especially when she's put Philomela in so much constraint. And this is the reason why Adam has created Alcyone to make sure that their only daughter is taken care of dutifully, and with her sacrifice, her memories be put back to said daughter who has been under her protection since their deaths. And this is exactly what happened when Adam predicted that Lizbeth would be the one to destroy Philomela, which the curse standing on behalf of Alcyone manifested as a facsimile of the curses to lay Lizbeth to waste, and as such with Morrigan's return as the Carmichael of Testament magic book swallows Lizbeth as a god.

This leaves Morrigan to face the god and Ruth to assist her, whilst leaving Adam's hex since he has yet to fulfill his role. The others are sitting ducks in a situation where their contributions will not matter much, but getting the book back is still a priority, that the rest wlll lend aid to Philomela since it still recognizes her as its user.

With the magic book back in possession, Philomela will restore back to the condition before.

Just hoping for a decent ending, because this College arc has been quite the long-winded one.
Dec 14, 2023 9:32 AM
Aug 2020
this episode was grandiose, the ost was fantastic, it was better than what i was expecting...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 14, 2023 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
Damn this episode was dark, no like literally, it was hard to see what the hell was going on lmao.

Very action packed episode with some cool twists though. RIP Alcyone 😢 Philomela is really going to have to stand on her two feet and depend on her friends. So sweet how even in death, her dad’s still protecting her via the facsimile of his memories attached to Alcyone. Shame that it had to be used against his own mother though.

Definitely can understand Lucy not wanting Lizbeth to be killed right away. Within the span of like an hour she’s had her entire life turned on its head. Learning the truth behind her family’s murder and that someone she was close to was involved in it.. must be a massive shock

Speaking of Lucy’s family situation, seems like the werewolves are getting a redemption arc. I wrote them off after the cave fight, but learning that they were manipulated has made me feel sympathetic

Morrigan doing all those acrobatic moves and fighting while heavily pregnant is pretty hilarious, but she was a big help. I’m kinda confused on how Adam’s memory/spirit thing knew to turn into a spear for her though?

One last episode to go, excited to see how things turn out
Marinate1016Dec 14, 2023 10:23 AM
Dec 14, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
I don’t want to get all controversial or anything but is it legal to keep me waiting a whole week for the conclusion?!?!!!

Loved this episode, I have to say I have been up and down with the season so far as in always enjoyed it but not been on the edge of my seat highs the whole time (yes I ask A LOT) but once again this show is delivering!
Dec 14, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to Marinate1016
Damn this episode was dark, no like literally, it was hard to see what the hell was going on lmao.

Very action packed episode with some cool twists though. RIP Alcyone 😢 Philomela is really going to have to stand on her two feet and depend on her friends. So sweet how even in death, her dad’s still protecting her via the facsimile of his memories attached to Alcyone. Shame that it had to be used against his own mother though.

Definitely can understand Lucy not wanting Lizbeth to be killed right away. Within the span of like an hour she’s had her entire life turned on its head. Learning the truth behind her family’s murder and that someone she was close to was involved in it.. must be a massive shock

Speaking of Lucy’s family situation, seems like the werewolves are getting a redemption arc. I wrote them off after the cave fight, but learning that they were manipulated has made me feel sympathetic

Morrigan doing all those acrobatic moves and fighting while heavily pregnant is pretty hilarious, but she was a big help. I’m kinda confused on how Adam’s memory/spirit thing knew to turn into a spear for her though?

One last episode to go, excited to see how things turn out
Nobody can't even decide who is going to put an end to the old fuck, all of them are probably thinking about using that grimoire to revive her and kill her as many times as possible.
: ( My dear Alcyone, I knew it was going to happen but I wasn't ready.

Marinate1016 said:

Seriously and my tv likes to make dark scenes even darker so most of the time all I was able to see was the subtitles only lol.
KanameYuukiDec 14, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 14, 2023 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
Am I supposed to understand what is going on right now?
A lot of standing and running around during this fight.

Had to turn up my screens brightness for this ep, way too dark.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 14, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
This was the first episode of this season I watched semi-blind as my copy of Volume 19 of the manga is on backorder and I'm extremely pissed about it lol. Oh well. Second half of this week was new to me and it was interesting. Didn't predict Elias breaking apart again and the battle with the nameless god to go that way. Next week's the finale!
Dec 14, 2023 3:32 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to KANLen09
Damn, Headmaster Lizbeth just doesn't know when to give up, especially when she's put Philomela in so much constraint. And this is the reason why Adam has created Alcyone to make sure that their only daughter is taken care of dutifully, and with her sacrifice, her memories be put back to said daughter who has been under her protection since their deaths. And this is exactly what happened when Adam predicted that Lizbeth would be the one to destroy Philomela, which the curse standing on behalf of Alcyone manifested as a facsimile of the curses to lay Lizbeth to waste, and as such with Morrigan's return as the Carmichael of Testament magic book swallows Lizbeth as a god.

This leaves Morrigan to face the god and Ruth to assist her, whilst leaving Adam's hex since he has yet to fulfill his role. The others are sitting ducks in a situation where their contributions will not matter much, but getting the book back is still a priority, that the rest wlll lend aid to Philomela since it still recognizes her as its user.

With the magic book back in possession, Philomela will restore back to the condition before.

Just hoping for a decent ending, because this College arc has been quite the long-winded one.
KANLen09 said:
Damn, Headmaster Lizbeth just doesn't know when to give up,

Was Lizbeth Sargant (https://myanimelist.net/character/224835/Lizbeth_Sargant Philomela's grandmother) a Headmaster of something? I though the Headmaster of the school they are currently at was Liza Quillyn: https://myanimelist.net/character/224834/Liza_Quillyn
Dec 14, 2023 5:23 PM
Mar 2015
Time to kick the wantabe god's ass
Dec 15, 2023 5:22 AM

May 2015
Filnally Philomela found back her self-being. Really pleasant to see.
Dec 15, 2023 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was filled with plenty of action. Sadly, it also showed the last moments of Alcyone, but the way she went out does make me respect her even more than before. It did make this scene, along with the phantom spirit of Adam and his talk with Philomela, a rather sad one.

Dealing with Lizbeth, Philomela's grandmother wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be, but the god above decided to shift things forward. In doing so, Morrigan arrived and helped out, although while it took a while for the other to figure out, Philomela had Chise, Elias and the others help her out in getting the book from the god. Hopefully now she can get herself on the path to recovery at long last. =)

Only one episode left now, although the next episode's title did confuse me a bit, since it had a "1" next to the title. I wonder if that's intentional...
Dec 15, 2023 9:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Episode full of surprises!!!
Philomela protector!
Morrigan!
Book!
a lot of action !!!!
kekeke
Dec 15, 2023 10:57 AM
Mar 2022
Meta_Yoshi said:
This episode was filled with plenty of action. Sadly, it also showed the last moments of Alcyone, but the way she went out does make me respect her even more than before. It did make this scene, along with the phantom spirit of Adam and his talk with Philomela, a rather sad one.

Dealing with Lizbeth, Philomela's grandmother wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be, but the god above decided to shift things forward. In doing so, Morrigan arrived and helped out, although while it took a while for the other to figure out, Philomela had Chise, Elias and the others help her out in getting the book from the god. Hopefully now she can get herself on the path to recovery at long last. =)

Only one episode left now, although the next episode's title did confuse me a bit, since it had a "1" next to the title. I wonder if that's intentional...

Not Alcyone… Also got confused with the title “Show must go on. I” (next episode title) I’m now wondering if either this season will have a 13th episode or is called like that in order to be a bridge to a new season. (Now that some media states that the manga went out of its hiatus).
Dec 15, 2023 1:39 PM
Sep 2018
Good that the Grandma was gobbled up but damn they made this crazy battle drag out more?! 🫨🫨
Dec 15, 2023 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
It's been a little rushed for a while now, but this episode was just off the charts with the rush-iness. Couldn't get emotional at all with things just happening one after the other, it was like a clumped 2-3 episodes together.

Still, I wonder how things will turn out in the end. Chise smiling because of the Goddess influence was too good.
Dec 15, 2023 2:05 PM

Oct 2019
Hopefully this super slow, dragged out to nauseating degree arc will be concluded in the final episode...
Dec 15, 2023 5:52 PM
Jul 2020
It feels like this arc has been going on for too long, to the point Iʼm looking forward to its wrap-up.
Dec 16, 2023 2:44 AM
Dec 2022
The fight scene is the highlight. It takes everyone including the Goddess Morrigan to fight the summoned God being.
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
NOOO! ALCYONE!! 😭😭😭

By the way, I still can't bring myself to understand why Isaac is here lol. Would have made way more sense for Rian to be there with Chise and Lucy but well.
SouthRzVaDec 16, 2023 5:54 PM
Dec 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see Morrígan's still there and dancing. They got the book back, time to end this long farce. RIP Alcyone.
Dec 20, 2023 2:38 AM

Aug 2019
Everyone has beef with the grandma and I love to see it.
Dec 21, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2020
Had to up my brightness to a good level to see what was actually going on lol.

Anyways, after.. don't know how many episodes we suffered with granny, she's gone.. somewhere, for good, or she'll for sure now. Good on us, and hey Philomela and all got the book back and stuff as well. I don't expect a complete change in her personality, but hoping she'd open up a bit from here on.

Sad for Alcyone though:(
Softhenic03Dec 21, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 23, 2023 4:44 PM

Mar 2010
Great to see everyone enjoying themselves lolz but damn I can't lie I'm so attracted to Philomela RN, she is just so cute when she crys.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 11, 1:18 PM

Aug 2019
if i said i didnt almost cry when alcyone died id be lying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 12:32 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The grandmother is really stubborn, despite everything she still won't give up...

I really wonder how you can reek of spiders, I mean what does it smell like? xD (I only realised now while writing this that she is a wolf and has a very good nose xD)

RIP Alcyone
Jan 29, 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
Philo is really going to need therapy....

And die grandma die!!!!
Feb 15, 12:27 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, way to go Adam, predicting your horrible "mother's" actions and putting one last hex in to spite her.

Nice to see Morrígan having so much fun. She really picked a good "maiden" didn't she lol
May 4, 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was way too dark, most of the time I couldn't even see what's going on...
May 28, 9:14 AM
Jul 2023
Dude, studio really can't choose music. Did seriously put such music in these scenes? What is this spring festival?
Jun 11, 11:49 PM

Aug 2019
Wow I didn't expect the Alcyone death at all, actually shocked me, i really thought she was going to make it to the end along side Philome and see a happy ending but Jesus, just when you thought Philome had actually been through all forms of suffering and finally given a breather, her final guardian/parental figure, last remnants of her past gets blown away.

I know in return Philome received all of Alcyone's "records" including her entire past, but i genuinely think Alcyone death still hurts the most regardless when Philome says, "But since they're your records, your not in them." really voiced how close they were, kinda also hints to me how she might not of even wanted the trade at all.

I think Philome could of moved on even without knowing her entire past, she seemed to be set on the road already and just needed time. I honestly think there's nothing wrong with holding onto one or two objects of the past to remind you at times, in Philome's case Alcyone can be both a reminder of her past but also the good parts of it, a physical reminder of her parent's love for her that transcended into Alcyone character developing into parenthood for Philome too and i feel like that can hold the same value as her remembering past and moving on.

I also kinda refuse to believe that if Alcyone lived, given time, someone would've been able to find a way to access her memories safely without killing her and thus Philome would of still gotten them.

Man Alcyone death got me way more emotionally worked up then i thought, i feel like it's because at this point she was finally forming her own emotions and character for herself that made me more emotionally invested into her, and also the thought of an ending where Philome recovers and heals from her past, and Alcyone the person who was by her side from the start and recording and watching Philome's highs and lows, getting to see a happy ending for Philome was what i held too.
I also strongly fuck with the whole protector/guardian trope e.g., Ilya and Berserker, Logan and X-23.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

86 by combi2015 »»
Oct 7, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2023

47 by RobertRotten »»
Sep 21, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2023

43 by Ononoki_Chan »»
Aug 8, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

43 by snowykevin »»
Aug 6, 12:09 AM

» Where all romance gone?

xakpc - Dec 25, 2023

10 by Gator »»
May 4, 3:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.