Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 2019 4:52 PM

Dec 2015
If he wasn't the protagonist, Haruo would be considered a psychopath who is too obsessed with Earth and Godzilla.

So the real Godzilla, the one that forced humanity to flee Earth is much bigger, stronger, and smarter than the Godzilla they killed. Good luck killing it bruh.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 27, 2020 9:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

Shortly, this is my scoring:
Story: 5
Art, animation in general: 7
Sounds: 5
Characterization: 5
Enjoyment: 7 (HanaKana damn voice acting worked fine as my sole satisfaction. Plus one for my pure satisfaction over the show at general.)
Overall rating score : 6/10 (close the gap of 0.2 point as my generousity)

So, yeah i am so sorry. May i come in to their sequel? Depends. I still don't know. It may difficult for me, ofc. So, let see if i had a time to forced myself.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 18, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
Fine movie, plot felt bland (especially the characters) and I kinda wish they focused some more on the aliens as they skipped over that real quick. Still interesting sci-fi concept of humans returning to earth to reclaim it from Godzilla and also that preditable yet epic scene of the true Godzilla emerging and turning the short-lived victory into a loss.

Sep 25, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2021
I'm a huge Godzilla and Monsterverse fan but ngl this was a bit disappointing. Not really impressed wit the animation style.

I'll say though, it's appearance wasn't really appealing but it sure looked overwhelming.

Also the 'real' Godzilla was way bigger. Measuring over 300 metres!!! Not to mention it being equipped with more devastating and wide range attacks.

After the end credits we get to see who looks like an alien I guess?
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Nov 18, 2021 1:14 PM
Apr 2015
This is an understatement but this MC is the dumbest MC I’ve seen in anime to this point
Aug 2, 2022 12:04 PM

Nov 2010
A Godzilla event should also happen in real life. Human overpopulation is a serious thing and reducing our population to less than a billion is a healthy thing for both our planet and civilization. I don't think Godzilla would attack us any further if we weren't harming this planet. Humans should just become forest people and live with nature.

Anyway, it's a good movie. They've thought out nice details such as time dilation, plants fossilizing human structures etc. 7/10

But yeah, watching this movie makes me even more pissed off at humans. Why are we so conceited to think we own and deserve this planet? I hate that kind of thinking.
Nov 13, 2023 3:34 PM

Jul 2021
Overall an ok movie. I liked the fight against godzilla and the ending reveal of the huge godzilla.

Feb 22, 12:19 PM
Feb 2024
I'm always down for a human-centered story in a kaiju film, just not when the main protagonist is this unlikable.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» it's a gud show. don't get down by the reviews, just watch it!!!

removed-user - Nov 12, 2023

1 by Sr_Shadow_ »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:46 AM

» Why does Godzilla have such a bad rating/reviews?

Toastx3 - Feb 25, 2018

11 by abyss_will »»
Jul 11, 2022 7:59 AM

» Why do human even evacuate from Earth in the first place?

aLotQuestion_ - Jan 17, 2018

29 by removed-user »»
Jan 14, 2020 8:59 PM

» After credits scene.

blackkat101 - Jan 24, 2018

4 by qwertyMrJINX »»
Jan 25, 2018 8:49 PM

» Godzilla will be a trilogy.

DatRandomDude - Mar 25, 2017

7 by ChangeLeopardon »»
Jan 17, 2018 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.