Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2021 10:14 PM

Dec 2016
What's up with these animes ending like they have another episode coming next week...feels so incomplete. They could have at least showed us what was going to happen in that center court they have been fussing about so much.

Anyway, the blushy blushy anime has finally ended. It always felt bland since the beginning, so I don't care if it gets a second season.

Overall 6/10
Apr 2, 2021 4:51 AM
Aug 2014
Nothing special about this series the Antagonist team should of been the main focus of the story, Just the life of an anime watcher during the pandemic can't be fussy with what you watch now.

EDIT: Ngl though the OP is pretty good.
Apr 7, 2021 4:16 AM
Mar 2014
at first i thought it was "Budget Haikyuu" but it is not even close
it was good while it lasted
5/10
May 12, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see the team winning after all the drama. As a more story instead of sport focused anime, it definitely felt like it rushed through its events where most characters felt bland. Not the most enjoyable but still overall decent to casually watch.

Aug 20, 2021 10:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'll be honest here. Yes, the show was a mess but I still had a fairly decent time with it. David Pro's top animation definitely helped to that cause, despite falling a tier or two towards the latter half.

It was a nice touch having the Captain get the final point to seal Seiin's historic win. Mimura turned out to be an interest antagonist, and reminded me a little of Oikawa-san from Aoba Josei (Haikyuu!!). Good to see that he was willing to help out Hajima in realising his next incredible goal. I wonder if they managed to improve their grades btw, xD.

I find it a little funny that we never found out more about the "great coach" though. A good eye, is that all there was supposed to be?

All in all, the first half felt like an ultra mess but the second half focusing on one opponent for the most bit helped to make things flow a bit more naturally and I'm grateful for that. Wanted to see more of the cousins though, they really just felt like convenient devices looking back now. In any case, this will go down as a fine anime in my records. NGL, I'm a little surprised to see this rated so low here but well, I can respect and kind of understand of understand it too.

6/10 from me.

Edit: And yes, of course. Glorious Op! TFT, credits to them for reminding me of this series and for the live performance.
_MushiRock11_Aug 20, 2021 10:44 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 21, 2021 2:41 PM

Feb 2020
I stopped watching this some time ago but i decided to finish it after all. For me it wasn’t that bad tbh. I enjoyed the Fukuho match actually. It showed that the show actually had a lot of potential that just wasn’t fully used.
Sep 8, 2021 7:58 AM
Jan 2021
A good but cliche ending to a short series. i highly doubt we'll get a season two any time soon. might just look for the source material if it has any.
Mar 15, 2022 10:24 AM

Aug 2021
It hardly manages to connect the viewer with the emotions of the characters, as there are meaningless blushes as the only expressive resource; being so stiff they do not provide interest in the development of the plot. Typical sports series, recommended only if you are a fan of this sport...
Apr 11, 2022 3:37 AM

Aug 2016
Well i thought the show was decent. I think i'll rate this as a six.The first couple episodes I think held it back from a better score what with the jarring timeskips and pacing and the mc's should have been fleshed out better. The show got good for me when the rival showed up and I think the show started hitting it's stride but it happened too late.
Sep 17, 2022 7:20 PM
Jan 2021
This series has a completely different vibe from Haikyuu!

Firstly I'd say that Kimichika Haijima is most similar to Tobeo Kageyama, but only in their talents as a setter and sometimes going too far.

Haijima immediately became a leader on the Seiin Boys Volleyball Team and has worked endlessly to not only make himself better, but his teammates as well.

There isn't much of a focus on the off the court activities and it's all about what goes on in practice and on the court. Regardless, the consequences of being gung ho and working so hard on the sport have reflected in Subaru Mimura in the fact that he has to potentially sit out for two years, Oki got a fracture as a result of protecting him, and Yoroi, Yuni's cousin suffered a beatdown that Yuni couldn't do anything about.

Overall I'd give what I've seen so far and 8.6/10. The adaptation skills of the characters is the shining point of the series and it's great to see how the Seiin team supports Haijima no matter how blunt and mean he may sound.
Mar 4, 2023 10:03 AM
Feb 2022
it was really good.
Jun 4, 2023 2:52 AM

Dec 2022
The only problem was the pacing, in the beginning it was kinda slow, then kinda fast.
Oct 31, 2023 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
I genuinely think this show got so lost into the premise of building up something beyond even a season two that it forgot to properly focused on developing it's two main characters that by the last episode I was much more emotionally invested in the other team than ours. Usually sport anime are better at making you route for the main team before introducing worthwhile rivals, but I guess the other members of our team outside of maybe 3, 4 members are not worth considering.... and instead of hyping up next season they try to hype up a potential 4th or 5th... A really poor choice of a final episode
Nov 9, 2023 11:23 AM
Nov 2023
This show has a lot going for it. Dynamic characters and viewpoints, relatable themes and premises, and a strong story. I could argue that it is too short, or that some of the major plot points went too quickly. A single season with about 18 - 20 episodes would likely have given a more complete feel. Overall, this is a good anime. I haven't seen Haikyuu, and most of the comments on the episodes make comparisons to that anime. I think this gives me the ability to be more objective in my rating. Lastly, the only jarringly bad moment in the entire show was a phoned in performance from a side character. The quality of her voiceover was markedly lower than all of the other voiceovers, and while it doesn't ruin the show it simply couldn't be ignored while viewing.

4/5 seems like the right score for an anime that gets a lot right, but that isn't a masterpiece.
Apr 16, 12:15 PM
Feb 2024
idk if it was just me but this last episode was a bit disapppointing imo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 27, 5:09 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 24, 3:13 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

157 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 11, 12:52 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

87 by HotHamlet »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.