Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2023 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
adachi shit really next lvl lol
peak goat

meanwhile
haters too scared to even use their real accs to make shitty hate reviews complaining about sexualisation of minors while watching eequally disgusting shit kek
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Sep 2, 2023 5:00 AM

Dec 2010
Goddamnit, so 12:50 wasn't the time when Kazuya was hit by the truck, it was the time Touma's dad died. For a moment there I forgot that this story is written by Adachi Mitsuru. I should've known better...
Sep 2, 2023 5:12 AM

May 2015
Seeing Harada's family is cute and fun.
Sep 2, 2023 6:35 AM
Nov 2020
That's Adachi-sensei. I felt like everything was going too well :(
StregAnna77Sep 2, 2023 6:39 AM
Sep 2, 2023 8:43 AM
Oct 2016
What the hell was that. This is supposed to be my happy go lucky baseball fun time show, not gut punch sudden death reveal show. How'd their dad die, he left the stands during the game and no one saw him come back. That moment in the last match when Tou threw that soft pitch that allowed the home run, Tou said his arm just went weak for a second. Was that the moment their dad died, if so that makes me incredibly sad. I thought the whole going to buy more toilet paper was just another funny bit however I think it was the mom is so grief stricken she can't remember what she bought yesterday. Which adds even more sadness to this, and the way the narrator phrased saying they only needed one more to Koshien I think the implication is they lost the final to Kenjo. With the sudden death of their dad I can understand why they wouldn't be in the right mindset to play baseball afterwards. I hope next episode we get more information about how he died and how the final against Kenjo went, because right now I've got a lot of shocked tears.
Sep 2, 2023 9:05 AM
Sep 2015
Yeah, the poster of this season is everyone's looking at the rainbow.
Sep 2, 2023 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Not really surprising after all of the foreshadowing, but damn, it still hits hard...
Sep 2, 2023 3:38 PM

Aug 2007
Reply to Dukino
What the hell was that. This is supposed to be my happy go lucky baseball fun time show, not gut punch sudden death reveal show. How'd their dad die, he left the stands during the game and no one saw him come back. That moment in the last match when Tou threw that soft pitch that allowed the home run, Tou said his arm just went weak for a second. Was that the moment their dad died, if so that makes me incredibly sad. I thought the whole going to buy more toilet paper was just another funny bit however I think it was the mom is so grief stricken she can't remember what she bought yesterday. Which adds even more sadness to this, and the way the narrator phrased saying they only needed one more to Koshien I think the implication is they lost the final to Kenjo. With the sudden death of their dad I can understand why they wouldn't be in the right mindset to play baseball afterwards. I hope next episode we get more information about how he died and how the final against Kenjo went, because right now I've got a lot of shocked tears.
@Dukino
How'd their dad die, he left the stands during the game and no one saw him come back.

Sep 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
no way, i was not ready for that

wow

i almost want to cry

so sad...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 2, 2023 4:16 PM
Jul 2007
WHAT THE FXXCK … I didn't expect this at all .....

It was supposed to be a happy day, with this victory celebration… direction the final, not a sad day ....
Red_DevilSep 2, 2023 4:22 PM

Sep 2, 2023 4:21 PM
Aug 2020
i can't get over it guys, we are used to drama with sensei, but the father was special

always make me laugh, i know is not real but...

life goes on...

i'm even scared to watch the next one and see them sad...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 2, 2023 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
Adachi loves killing off characters in a quiet sinister way & its always that final game to get into Koishen.
Sep 2, 2023 8:24 PM
Mar 2015
The old man will be missed
Sep 2, 2023 11:02 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I knew they were going to pull something like this out of the blue..
I was thinking that mix was light hearted slice of life sports unlike touch..
Why did they do something like this? As a fan of anime I don't think it's what fans wanna see.

Sep 2, 2023 11:12 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Reply to Brick-Frog
@Dukino
How'd their dad die, he left the stands during the game and no one saw him come back.

@Brick-Frog it was heat stroke or heart attack due to extreme weather conditions and he wasn't so physically fit..
I guess he spent the whole morning till noon watching the game and went to the restroom to cool down but collapsed due to the sudden drop in body temperature...

Sep 2, 2023 11:43 PM

Jan 2018
Fucking hell. Not again. Since nothing happened in Season 1 I figured Mix would be mostly SOL story without much drama. It's still SOL but I didn't expect the death at all until the foreshadowing hit in the last couple of episodes.

Eisuke was such a good guy. I didn't think I'd miss him until he was already gone. Which is the case with most people you know IRL. Of course, Adachi is a master of writing tragic deaths.

I feel so bad about the mom. She lost two husbands. T_T Otomi and the Tachibana brothers should also be heartbroken. Especially Touma. He lost his sole blood relative. And the coach seems to be devastated too for losing another one of his old friends.

I don't understand when the 2nd part of this episode takes place. The implication from Minami/the narrator seems to be that they lost the next game. Which is understandable. But man, what a waste.

I forgot these guys were in their second year. I was thinking the story would end in 2nd year. I think the manga is still ongoing but I heard it was near its ending. But that was a while ago.

Does this mean the manga is going to continue for longer until they reach 3rd year like most Mitsuru Adachi works? If that's the case, there's no way Season 2 would end the story in just 3 episodes. Which means there might be a season 3 a few years later.

I was ready for Season 2 being the end. But I have no issues with it continuing for longer. Season 2 was better than Season 1 in a lot of ways.
Sep 3, 2023 4:07 AM

Sep 2013
Episode felt off from the start, heavy coping mechanism from the family, especially the mom i feel incredibly bad for her

Adachi sure did its Adachi stuff

Pure FeelsBadMan

RIP to the best Meisei fan on the planet o7
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 5, 2023 12:56 AM
Mar 2020
Holy fuck, just as everyone, I wasn't expecting this and was sure at first that it was another joke that became somewhat of a trope in that title, playing on expectations form previous Adachi's works.
Oct 6, 2023 10:57 AM

Jan 2017
I was shocked about what happened. I feel like the world is frozen now...
Oct 11, 2023 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
With all the foreshadowing, I really expected them to just continue the joke with nothing happening instead of actually doing the Adachi trope of killing off a character.
Although this felt quite cheap move, still R.I.P. to the dad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 2 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 8, 2023

10 by esofdiamon »»
Aug 13, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 1 Discussion

_MushiRock11_ - Apr 1, 2023

15 by esofdiamon »»
Aug 13, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 24 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 23, 2023

10 by DazeFire »»
Feb 18, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 3 Discussion

0451 - Apr 15, 2023

4 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:45 PM

» Manga after anime & chances of season 3

MrPerfectOtaku - Sep 23, 2023

7 by MrPerfectOtaku »»
Sep 30, 2023 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.