Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2008 6:51 AM

Aug 2007
which do you prefer, i thought the anime was kinda childish compared to the manga.

also, how was the novel compared to the manga/anime?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 29, 2008 10:18 PM

Mar 2008
i read the 1st volume of NHK but was very disappointed. The manga was rushed in a way and the issue of the hikkori wasn't significant until later on.

That one volume probably covered 3 episodes of NHK but i'm willing to read the final volume jsut to see a more 'pleasureable' ending between satou and misaki .

Apr 2, 2008 5:19 PM

Jul 2007
The manga goes more into detail on Misaki. I love both. So I'm not too sure whats better.
Apr 15, 2008 3:12 PM
Dec 2007
I'm only 10 chapters into the manga, but I already think it's better.
Misaki is cooler in the manga, I think it's funnier, and it's more fast paced than the show.
Not that I'm saying the show is slow... I finished episodes 3 through 24 in one day...
I'm a huge fan of both, but I think the manga beats out the show by a little bit.
They both get a 10.

Alright, I'm editing this now that I've finished the manga.
First a response to what the guy under me said. Yes, I do think that there are certain things that the anime did better, but the anime pick my least favorite parts of the manga to adapt anyway. The manga was more adult, and I think a lot more funny. I do love the anime, but I'm gonna have to say that I like the manga more, not only cause there is more in it, but because there is much more the the characters in the manga.

I still stand by what I said earlier, and that is that both of them are masterpieces, but in my opinion, the manga is better.
SkabahkOGJun 29, 2008 12:54 PM
May 13, 2008 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
I personally like the anime more.

The problem with the manga was that the characters were far more insane. It focused on that far too much and in the end, felt like it was trying to force a reaction out of you. Things like, "this is really disturbing, so you should get chills here" It didn't feel honest. They kinda over-stepped themselves there.

Some of the important scenes were handled very differently too.
this spoils parts of both the anime and manga.

Basically, it felt too surreal. For this type of thing to hit home, it needs to feel as if it could actually happen.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Sep 7, 2008 11:19 AM

Sep 2008
I agree with Palimpsest 100%

Misaki is way crazy in the manga. Plus, a lot of what made NHK my favorite series was missing in the manga. i.e. the suicide scene.

The manga still rocked overall though, but falls short when compared to the anime.
Oct 28, 2008 3:39 AM

Aug 2008
I go for anime, though i have manga in my laptop.

maybe soon i'll check on the manga version

thanks
Oct 29, 2008 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
The anime was better IMO, but both of them are good ^-^
Nov 26, 2008 1:50 AM

Feb 2007
Haven't seen th anime, but I've read the manga and the novel. So I'll say manga.
Jan 14, 2009 5:56 PM
May 2008
I read the book and i would say that it is better than the manga and anime. I would rate the anime second because it did feel very rushed and it also included the suicide scene (the middle of the series)
Oct 12, 2009 11:14 AM

Sep 2009
I think the anime was WORLDS better than the manga. Not to say I didn't enjoy the manga, but the anime was pretty much life changing for me and really sucked me into anime in general more than I already was. The anime was intense and life changing whereas the manga was just kind of a relaxed or lackadaisical read without a whole lot of meaning. As for the novel, I own it but have not gotten around to reading it yet. I'm guessing I'll like it more than the manga but less than the anime.

I am in love with the music from the anime too. I generally put the soundtrack on when I was reading the manga. It really adds a lot to it.
Dec 7, 2009 4:24 AM

Dec 2009
I really enjoy a lot more the manga... exactly for the same reasons that most of you prefer the anime :P.
The characters ( specially misaki) were crazier in the manga, the threads of relationships between them is more complete (or complicated, depends on your point of view :P ) and enters more into the details. For me the anime was a rushed version of the manga that couldn't stay at the same level.

The next spoiler is for the ones that have read the manga AND have seen the anime.
If you haven't read/seen both, read it under your own discretion :P
"The past will often attack the present with the pain of your memories."
"There is no wish that doesn't come true."
"The brain is a microcosm creating its own stories. People then live out these stories."
"Time does not exist. Only the illusion of memories exist."
"Existence does not rely on matter. Everything is phantom."
"The waking dream called the world is constantly changing. What's so sad about that?"
"Pure perfection has no past. That is how you live perfectly."
"How can you say you are a phantom?"

Seiichi Kirima
Dec 4, 2019 10:10 AM
Aug 2018
Yes, the anime kind of butchered a lot of stuff, but I still found it more enjoyable. In fact, I thought that some of the changes were even better than what occurred in the manga, such as the ending. Though Misaki kind of got neutered as a character and they cut out some good scenes such as the ferris wheel attempted suicide and the time Sato was going to kill himself and give Misaki his life insurance, it felt as if the manga spent so much time wallowing in the degeneracy of all the character's lowest point that it went from intriguing to repulsive.
Apr 2, 2021 10:47 PM
Jan 2021
I just finnish the anime but i feel like the ending on anime is not enough so i what should i get manga or novel?
Dec 9, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 2020
Anime is good than manga, Why?, Manga VOL 37-38 Shirou stalking misaki and the scene misaki and shirou in room (leader friend satou) it make NTR manga i HATE it... Misaki like whore in manga, huhhh ( ̄ヘ ̄) but finally the ending in manga satou and misaki lovely.
Sep 5, 2023 8:40 PM
Jun 2021
the novel (original story) is by far the best.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Misaki or Hitomi for Satou Tatsuhiro?

justnlife23 - Sep 30, 2007

24 by RHAYLEYVIEWS »»
Nov 2, 2014 7:23 AM

» [CLOSED] MEMBERCARDS

rawrandom - Dec 2, 2009

19 by Alby »»
Jul 2, 2010 6:30 PM

» Welcome to the NHK! Club Officers Wanted

justnlife23 - Sep 30, 2007

6 by tery999 »»
May 16, 2010 1:39 AM

» Is the dubbed version any good?

MukaBlue - Jan 22, 2009

2 by loghneckbeard »»
May 2, 2010 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.