Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2023 1:03 PM
May 2019
Just to clarify does the title of the anime refer to the 7 spell blade users or the 7 unique spellblades themselves? This episode was vastly more entertaining with this new plot development and am really interested in the lore/power system without going into full details of who has what blade and what not. Thanks guys! Episode 6 was awesome and I’m glad I kept going even though some of the early episodes didn’t grab me too much!
Aug 13, 2023 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
Spellblades are techniques, not peoples. So it SHOULD be pointing at the techniques themselves. Also, you count peoples differently from things in Japanese, and the way 7 is written here is for things, further enforcing the fact that the title is not talking about peoples owning them.

However, i'll mention that in the previous work of this author, the true meaning of the full title could only be understood 3 volumes before the end of the series; and the novels in Japan for Nanatsu no Maken are only about halfway in the story. Meaning, the true meaning of this title is potentially still non understood by anyone except the author at this point. So just keeping that in mind, until further notice, the title is just talking about the techniques themselves, ruling over every other techniques as the ultimate ones.
Aug 14, 2023 2:56 PM
Feb 2023
Loved it they cooking with this one 🤯
Aug 15, 2023 5:26 PM
Dec 2021
Zefyris said:
Spellblades are techniques, not peoples. So it SHOULD be pointing at the techniques themselves. Also, you count peoples differently from things in Japanese, and the way 7 is written here is for things, further enforcing the fact that the title is not talking about peoples owning them.

However, i'll mention that in the previous work of this author, the true meaning of the full title could only be understood 3 volumes before the end of the series; and the novels in Japan for Nanatsu no Maken are only about halfway in the story. Meaning, the true meaning of this title is potentially still non understood by anyone except the author at this point. So just keeping that in mind, until further notice, the title is just talking about the techniques themselves, ruling over every other techniques as the ultimate ones.

interesting info, I thought that the title was referring to the amount of ppl Oliver has to kill to achieve revenge, good to know that there's more to it.
Aug 15, 2023 7:35 PM
May 2019
Zefyris said:

Thanks so much for this in depth explanation!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.