Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2023 10:51 AM
Jan 2022
I’m loving this sudden dive into the more serious and interesting parts of the plot, since I was starting to get a little tired of the Katie-centric animal stuff, but didn’t they go a little fast in raising the power scaling? One moment the cast is struggling with a troll, and in the next
. Still an awesome change and it’s going up in my rankings. 
Aug 11, 2023 11:04 AM
Aug 2023
Don't worry, Nanao herself doesn't realise exactly what she did or how to repeat it. And Oliver has the trump card for this particular cases, not everyday use. Normal safe students won't take a "slap" like that =)
MahiruninAug 11, 2023 11:17 AM
Aug 11, 2023 11:17 AM
Mar 2021
this took a radical 180° out of the blue and im definitely not against it
Aug 11, 2023 11:18 AM
Nov 2021
All I have to say is it’s about time, I was starting to lose my patience with this one. Finally it’s getting interesting.
Aug 11, 2023 11:19 AM
Aug 2015
I would argue the scale of power is still held in place

Nanao developed this new kind of Spell Blade by chance is not like she mastered it, so I imagine the story is gonna play a little with that factor. And also Oliver specifically said that he can only use that technique one more time without dying, at least that is what I interpreted, so is not like he is invincible entirely

I can see eventually Nanao and Oliver fully mastering their respective Spell Blades

In regards to the teachers, I think one could argue that they are the side effect of the mentality that drives the Magical Academy forward of greed and competition. Thus far only Darius has seen show as a complete monster by using the Pain Spell 128 times against the mother of Oliver but I would like to know more about WHY they actually attacked her  
Aug 11, 2023 11:23 AM
Jan 2022
he said “I can use it twice, like always” no? So it's not the first time he's using it twice. I guess it's twice every year or something like that?
Aug 11, 2023 11:27 AM
Jan 2018
They moved the prologue ( the flashback) to this episode.
Mattinator95Aug 11, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 11, 2023 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
clovis-ai said:
he said “I can use it twice, like always” no? So it's not the first time he's using it twice. I guess it's twice every year or something like that?
It heavily damages his soul and body, so it's twice until he recovers from it. Healing spells aren't especially able to heal the soul either. So no specific time, it depends of how much damage he took if he used it twice. Thrice use before recovery would cause so much damage that he would probably die from it, or close of it.
Aug 11, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2023
To be honest were I kinda expecting a big power increase. From the very beginning when Oliver knew so much and had someone protecting him. So seeing him show his power was nice. I also like the dynamic they are building between Oliver and Nanao, showing what revenge can do to you.

I hope they keep it going like this, with only showing the high power moves when it necessary, but slowly building it up to being more regular.

Also I really hope they become a cool power couple, where they are on a equal power level.
Aug 11, 2023 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
reported this for spoilers, please keep manga discussion to manga thead
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 11, 2023 2:00 PM
Sep 2022
clovis-ai said:

I'm thinking It's like standard of reincarnation where it's 2 a day or so. given the situation and how he was like "how the shit did you manage that" the timelines were based on him not trying to stop the power/never knew so temporally was more open. now the others will be looking out for it/ have smaller openings meaning he can't land one hits but has to pick a route (like going for their leg to make movement worse or a "weak" one like their forehead to later blind them for a cleaner "choice")
Aug 11, 2023 2:43 PM
Aug 2019
Oliver is using the spellblade because of his mother and is not freely capable of using it.it is limited to three times in a short time at most otherwiese his body will not bear the strain of a technique so much higher than his own abilities and will die.in short the spellblade is not his own unlike Nanao.you will understand things better in the following episodes
Aug 11, 2023 3:24 PM
Apr 2022
A little fast? Troll? We've already seen her beat Garuda, then her backstory and her true motive which explain her nature in life and death situation.
Aug 11, 2023 4:58 PM
Jul 2017
RomanRonin said:
I’m loving this sudden dive into the more serious and interesting parts of the plot, since I was starting to get a little tired of the Katie-centric animal stuff, but didn’t they go a little fast in raising the power scaling? One moment the cast is struggling with a troll, and in the next

that's how it is, and now we're done with the first volume.
Aug 11, 2023 5:39 PM
Jul 2022
Roch2001 said:

Where the spoiler at 🤨
Aug 11, 2023 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
I was seriously disappointed with how fast paced they made this ep, actually.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 12, 2023 12:20 AM
May 2022
The pacing was really fast but i am glad how the anime turned out to be
Aug 12, 2023 5:02 AM
Mar 2022
Nanao doesnt know how to repeat that spellblade, and Oliver is severely limited in how he can use the Spellblade (there are a few conditions)

Also, Oliver won't use it unless he's killing a teacher to not reveal it, and its not like their other spells suddenly got stronger either
Aug 12, 2023 5:13 AM
Jan 2021
RomanRonin said:

yep, Anime adaptation is way too good then I thought, I am having hope that all the ep will also be adapted nicely.

And about this.
Aug 12, 2023 6:47 AM

Jun 2015
ShionBestGirl said:
Roch2001 said:

Where the spoiler at 🤨

We live in a post truth reality. Dont worry about it. looks like everything has been worked out in the end
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 12, 2023 9:47 AM
Jul 2022
honestly I liked that fact that this episode was slightly faster paced I read up to like the 4th manga and stopped it (cuz am broke) and tbf I was getting a bit tired of the story but then once the fight with Oliver and the teacher I was like interested into it again
Aug 12, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2019
It all made sense to me, Nanao unlocked her spell blade by being in a life-or-death situation, she has always had great skill and intuition, and this seems like the first moment where her life was truly in danger and there was no way out of it, so her instinct came in, and she developed/unlocked this new ability unconsciously. The show is called the 7 Spell blades, and yet we were told there were only 6, so it makes sense that the foreigner, with the unique sword coming in, would be the one to unlock the 7th.

And it's very clear that Oliver has always been able to use his Spellblade, and has simply chosen not to use it as it causes a lot of stain on his body, and to keep it a secret, this is the first time he has fought 1 on 1 with no spectators. On top of that, he was face to face with someone clearly more skilled then he in standard magic/swordplay, and someone he desperately wanted revenge on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.