Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 7, 2023 4:10 AM

Mar 2015
so toga is ok character because she has good smile? ok hori.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 7, 2023 4:11 AM
Jun 2020
Clearly author is so attached to Toga that they're scraping ways on how to redeem her
Jul 7, 2023 4:19 AM
May 2021
Wtf man like this is clearly talk no jutsu man…
Jul 7, 2023 4:31 AM

Jan 2009
heroes are idealistic anyway

but damn the quirk evolution is here again and now its Ochakos quirk time to evolve
Jul 7, 2023 5:05 AM

May 2020
Let's see,

>You've got such a lovely smile... I envy you!!!!!!!!!

>I won't pretend that I didn't see you smile!!!!!!!

>I want us to talk about rOmANcE, Himiko-chwan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not even bad writing at this point. I mean, author should just go and try to write the lyrics of some kind of K-pop song. I bet it'd become an instant hit.. with this level of innovative phrases.
Jul 7, 2023 5:21 AM

Oct 2017
Urara huge power up? Nice. Everything else? Not nice.
Jul 7, 2023 5:56 AM

Oct 2021
May I just say that this is phenomenal writing 😁: "A girl and her feelings can change the world." What a great chapter: Ochaco Uraraka giving her blood to Himiko Toga and Ochaco declaring to give her blood to Himiko for the rest of her life is stellar writing (just so Ocacho can talk about romance with Himiko). That panel of the girls as kids is very heartfelt. You can tell Ochaco is serious so that she can emotionally reach out to Himiko. 😢 I teared up in this chapter even if only a little.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 7, 2023 5:57 AM

Oct 2021
MegamiRem said:
Urara huge power up? Nice. Everything else? Not nice.
I know, right! It does feel like really is talk-no-jutsu, all over again but in girl mode. Welp... We've seen these kinds of stories, but we got what we got...

Marianne

Jul 7, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 2013
The best chapter we've had in YEARS! After the Todoroki fight and this, I can safely say that Horikoshi is back
Jul 7, 2023 6:41 AM
Jul 2020
great development but man someone should help him with the dialogues. they are borderline cringe man.

i was almost emotional in last 2 pages but "Let's talk romance" ruined it all 😭

The thing here is, it's not like they've shown toga getting all mushy over love even once. it's been shown only as an obsession. you can't just have such a character be swivel by "Let's talk about romance"
Jul 7, 2023 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
The last dozen or so chapters have been horrible. I understand Hori is tired, but he could go on a hiatus and properly finish the manga once he rested enough, instead of writing BS like this chapter. The talk no jutsu is absolutely insane.
The panels make very little sense too, difficult to see what's happening. I've never had this issue with any other manga, or very rarely.
Slim_LamieJul 7, 2023 7:53 AM
Jul 7, 2023 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
The action in this chapter was great. The conversation between Toga and Uraraka could’ve been better and needs some work when it comes towards the end. The smile and romance was kind of not a good or just cringe as people would say it.
Jul 7, 2023 8:25 AM
Jan 2023
Great chapter in terms of development for Ochako, but I have to agree the dialogue is pretty cheesy.
Jul 7, 2023 10:18 AM

Dec 2022
ah man this was a really weak chapter. what has horikoshi done to my girl uraraka :(
Jul 7, 2023 10:19 AM
Apr 2020
I think one more chapter of the Toga Ochaco plot, then we have a few little bits to get done, and then time for the big guns.
Jul 7, 2023 10:20 AM

Jun 2023
Is Toga not getting annoying to y'all?

I spared your life on a whim, nothing more.
Jul 7, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2023
DrCockter6900 said:
Great chapter in terms of development for Ochako, but I have to agree the dialogue is pretty cheesy.
I just want it to be over already 😭

I spared your life on a whim, nothing more.
Jul 7, 2023 10:57 AM
Feb 2022
New gen talk no jutsu.
Ig shit remains shit irrespective of the generation!!!
Jul 7, 2023 11:04 AM

Jun 2021
Will Toga redeem herself?
Jul 7, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2007
its getting really hard to actually enjoy reading these chapters lately, i really hope this manga wraps up soon
Jul 7, 2023 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
JUST. Finish. This. Battle. Already.

I'm having a hard time enjoying this whole battle and basically this manga as of late...

I wouldn't mind this kind of Talk no justu but Ochako, this is the wrong time and place for a therapy session with Toga. Especially over this "Romance" crap that is really the only thing that links them together.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 7, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2013
rename the serie to boku no cringe academia, this dialog is insufferable.
Jul 7, 2023 2:30 PM

Jul 2022
Cool I think. Great art as per usual, new Uraraka power — how much longer does this fight have? I hope it’s settled in the next one or two chapters
Jul 7, 2023 2:43 PM

Jun 2014
Lol. "I want us to talk about romance!" Just, lol. Can we please get this cringe romance fight over with and get back to Iron Man All Might and Deku vs. Shiggy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 7, 2023 3:03 PM

Jun 2017
Does anyone care about Toga? xD
Jul 7, 2023 4:23 PM

May 2016
Liked the panels questioning Toga’s self worth going back and forth Twice and Uraraka was nice
Jul 7, 2023 4:36 PM

Apr 2018
goofy ahh lesbian battle

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2023 6:17 PM
Aug 2020
What a great chapter, the feelings are so deep, I can’t wait to see that on tv with all the emotions.

I had tears inside my heart…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 7, 2023 6:46 PM
Feb 2021
TOGACHAKO OMG I LOVE THEM <3
Jul 8, 2023 12:27 AM

Jan 2014
let me guess, next week chapter name should be: "Ochako Uraraka: Rising" or "Uravity: Rising"
Jul 8, 2023 6:50 AM
Aug 2020
SATAN19 said:
great development but man someone should help him with the dialogues. they are borderline cringe man.

The thing here is, it's not like they've shown toga getting all mushy over love even once. it's been shown only as an obsession. you can't just have such a character be swivel by "Let's talk about romance"

I 100% agree with you. More often than not, most people are usually upset due to the fact that an emotionally heavy scene or any high impact scene, is just loosened by out of place dialogue that sounds kinda immature. Hori needs a better translation team fr 🥲. I don't know what the official Japanese version means, but English translations often just make the translation pg 13 stuff. I recently read Dandadan, and the translation was top notch. Even for light novels like Classroom of the Elite, there's barely any censoring, and the translation makes the impact it's intended to. But words like these, which have been used of late in MHA, just leave fans disappointed 😞.
Jul 8, 2023 9:06 AM
Apr 2019
"You've got such a lovely smile!"

Ain't no way they were serious with this bruh
Jul 9, 2023 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
Ochaco Uzumaki is here with talk no jutsu lol
Again a chapter on these 2 girls but nothing particuliar... we will maybe have 1 tome only on them :')
Jul 9, 2023 7:50 AM

Apr 2020
"I prefer not to speak, if I speak, I'm in big trouble." !!! 

I hate this whole villain-sympathizing shit... BUT THIS IS MHA! THE SERIES DIDN'T CHANGE! 

Jul 9, 2023 10:02 AM

Oct 2021
Ochaco's jealousy of Himiko's genuine smile rooted from her ego and pitying others. Himiko's smile is purely sinister. How can anyone call it genuine? After Ochaco's speech, I am understanding it: Himiko cannot hide her desperation that she could only smile and laugh about it while pursuing her desires. 🩸😢

Marianne

Jul 9, 2023 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
What is this corny nonsense
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

May 2010
This was worth the wait. I firmly believe following this arc weekly is detracting from people enjoyment. When it all comes together on reread and when adapted into a season of anime people will really enjoy this last arc.
Jul 9, 2023 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
Well, at least it was a full chapter for once and there's no break next week
Jul 9, 2023 3:47 PM
Apr 2016
I'm seein a lot of people saying this chapter (and this whole toga/ochako fight tbh) is bad/unnecessary,,, while I admit it's very cheesy and sometimes cringe I don't entirely agree with those sentiments.

I think hori is trying to flesh out satisfying growth for all of the bigger characters but either doesn't have the grasp of how these teenage girls would realistically behave or isn't confident in their voices. So far I haven't really noticed another series of interactions that feels quite as weird and cheesy as this one, it just feels like he Really wants to flesh these two out once and for all but he just Isn't Sure How.

all in all it's at worst an awkward chapter because we are seeming to get Somewhere with these two, and the action is just as cool as always, so here's hoping we can reach a decent end to this set of chapters ^-^
Jul 9, 2023 8:01 PM
Apr 2021
I think Toga deserve a better story than this talk-no-jutsu (I like her, but I don't think she should get a redemption for what she have done...) The art is so gorgeous as always. And also, Uraraka could awake something better than just another "float", her zero garvity can be one of the most strongest quirk in the entire series.

Looking forward to next chapter, hope Horikoshi doesn't mess it up again...
AkitoFZJul 9, 2023 8:08 PM
Jul 9, 2023 8:56 PM
Nov 2016
I'm a sucker for good emotional moments, it's the thing I enjoy the most in a manga or anime but man, Toga is a crappy villain so I really don't care about her, the dialogues were a bit corny too and this is dragging, can we please move on? I want this crappy fight to end in the next chapter.
Jul 10, 2023 9:39 AM
Mar 2015
Toga's chances of a good end are looking very grim
Jul 10, 2023 12:35 PM
Apr 2019
It was a great chapter fitting of the series, a lot of you people should think a little bit deeper than "talk no jutsu bad."
Jul 11, 2023 8:30 PM
May 2022
Softhenic03 said:
Let's see,

>You've got such a lovely smile... I envy you!!!!!!!!!

>I won't pretend that I didn't see you smile!!!!!!!

>I want us to talk about rOmANcE, Himiko-chwan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not even bad writing at this point. I mean, author should just go and try to write the lyrics of some kind of K-pop song. I bet it'd become an instant hit.. with this level of innovative phrases.

ikr! and somehow so many people still like mha
it went from 1st years struggling to defeat normal guys(in S1 when shigaraki attacked) to 1st years defeating villains even pro heroes can't
bakugo died but was brougt back to life at the cost of one of the top heroes'(edgeshot's) life, cuz obviously bakugo wud be more helpful
then we have the todoroki family drama for about a 100 chapters
shigaraki looks too op to be beaten by the "power of friendship"
toga is also too op but somehow the author is making sh*t up to redeem her as if she didn't kill hundreds of not thousands and talk-no-jutsu her
Jul 11, 2023 8:33 PM
May 2022
KusarigamaD10S said:
SATAN19 said:

I 100% agree with you. More often than not, most people are usually upset due to the fact that an emotionally heavy scene or any high impact scene, is just loosened by out of place dialogue that sounds kinda immature. Hori needs a better translation team fr 🥲. I don't know what the official Japanese version means, but English translations often just make the translation pg 13 stuff. I recently read Dandadan, and the translation was top notch. Even for light novels like Classroom of the Elite, there's barely any censoring, and the translation makes the impact it's intended to. But words like these, which have been used of late in MHA, just leave fans disappointed 😞.

remember when shigaraki was facing of mirio and mirio just went "look at dis ass boii" to distract him....
Jul 11, 2023 10:33 PM
Aug 2020
Shaw07 said:
KusarigamaD10S said:

remember when shigaraki was facing of mirio and mirio just went "look at dis ass boii" to distract him....

yeah he said "you don't have any friends" if I remember correctly. Now considering Mirio's nature and how he likes to joke around, I think that is still understandable. I mean it can be interpreted in a hilarious way, but for that the scenes prior to it will have to build up high tension leading to that moment, so that it has a comedic effect if it was intended that way. Otherwise if it was serious, then it's really up to the voice actors and the director 🤷🏻‍♂️🙂.
Jul 16, 2023 9:57 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
This is actually... pretty good!!

Well, let's see what Toga does from here.
Jul 31, 2023 4:33 PM

Feb 2018
Uraraka's about to power up but damn the talk talk no mi was strong this chapter
Sep 22, 2023 7:43 PM

Aug 2019
I love Ochako, but I don’t know how to feel about this lol
Sep 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Jan 2021
Stopped reading for a while so I could just binge chapters because it was going a bit slow but I don't exactly agree with Uraraka but she had a quirk awakening which is cool ig
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Jul 19, 2023

61 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:46 AM

» Top 3 worst moments in the final war

akaishanks97 - Oct 13

4 by PeripheralVision »»
Oct 13, 9:02 AM

» Where will MHA fans Migrate to?

TwigzLIVE - Oct 6

11 by Old_School_Akira »»
Oct 10, 7:40 PM

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Sep 19

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Oct 9, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lezet - Jul 13, 2023

63 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 7, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.