Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 2023 9:27 PM

Oct 2007
Why is this on MAL? This isn't anime
May 17, 2023 11:09 PM

May 2017
Opening is sung by BTS apparently, does this show have any following??
May 17, 2023 11:16 PM

Jan 2017
belial said:
Why is this on MAL? This isn't anime

MAL also allow Donghuas (Chinese Animation) & Aenis (Korean Animation) in its database.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=515957
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 17, 2023 11:18 PM

Jul 2016
MAL's database includes animated media from East Asian countries in general, not just Japan. It's been like this for a while now.
May 18, 2023 1:39 AM

Oct 2007
Alexioos95 said:

MAL also allow Donghuas (Chinese Animation) & Aenis (Korean Animation) in its database.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=515957

>On MyAnimeList, a work is considered to be an "anime" if it meets all of the following:
>It's created by professional staff in Japan for the Japanese market.

YoshiKiller01 said:
MAL's database includes animated media from East Asian countries in general, not just Japan. It's been like this for a while now.

Nope, Korean and Chinese animation are on MAL when they release in the Japanese market, usually as subcontractors or when part of the production (either animation studio(s) or publisher) are japanese.

This one doesn't look like any of these
May 18, 2023 1:42 AM

Jan 2017
belial said:
>On MyAnimeList, a work is considered to be an "anime" if it meets all of the following:

And just below , it's written :
I.1 Country of Origin
Animated works must be created:
in Japan for the Japanese market (anime)
in Korea for the Korean market (aeni)
in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan for their respective markets (donghua)
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China/Taiwan and another country, for both markets
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 18, 2023 1:58 AM

Apr 2016
So we can be reminded that k-pop idols are being beaten every day. But its ok, cuz we only care about them dancing in a funny way anyways.
May 18, 2023 11:09 PM

Oct 2007
Alexioos95 said:

I.1 Country of Origin
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China/Taiwan and another country, for both markets

You quoted something irrelevant. The animation doesn't come to the japanese market and it's not anime by the very definition on that same page (already quoted)

It was already bad enough that mods let MAL be spammed by Youtube videos and music
May 20, 2023 4:20 PM
Feb 2009
Remember when MAL was about anime?
Nya~?
May 28, 2023 11:44 PM
May 2017
Crunchyroll has this for some reason if you're curious.
May 29, 2023 12:36 AM

Oct 2014
belial said:
Alexioos95 said:

I.1 Country of Origin

You quoted something irrelevant. The animation doesn't come to the japanese market and it's not anime by the very definition on that same page (already quoted)

It was already bad enough that mods let MAL be spammed by Youtube videos and music

There are plenty of Korean and Chinese productions in the database that weren't for the Japanese market. You're just gonna have to deal with it.

Also, this one is currently airing. What makes you certain that it won't be broadcasted in Japan at some point, if it hasn't already.
May 30, 2023 4:48 AM

Oct 2007
Pyro said:
There are plenty of Korean and Chinese productions in the database that weren't for the Japanese market. You're just gonna have to deal with it.

Also, this one is currently airing. What makes you certain that it won't be broadcasted in Japan at some point, if it hasn't already.

being "broadcasted" in Japan isn't a criteria for non-anime to be on MAL

The rules were linked, if you think you have an argument, at least read the thing first
May 30, 2023 6:32 PM

Oct 2014
belial said:
Pyro said:

being "broadcasted" in Japan isn't a criteria for non-anime to be on MAL

The rules were linked, if you think you have an argument, at least read the thing first

My point is why do you keep bringing up that a non-Japanese production isn't for the Japanese market. There are existing entries that invalidate that. That being the case, one can infer "being created by professional staff in Japan for the Japanese market" isn't mandatory when it fits the criteria below, which is the Korean section in this case.
May 31, 2023 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
Pyro said:
one can infer
No you can't. Go read the rules
May 31, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2014
belial said:

Is that all you have to say? You don't wanna elaborate or refute this at all?
Pyro said:
There are existing entries that invalidate that.

Just gonna cut my reply so you can conveniently ignore what you want. Is it because you're unaware of what I'm referring to since you don't actually know much about the database and the various kinds of works in it.

Don't bother replying to me if you don't have anything substantial to say.
Jun 2, 2023 11:49 AM

Sep 2018
Well this anime is fantastic and deserves at least a 10/10. But within those same rules that you told pyro to go read, it specifically states a subsection to which they ask you to go read for works they consider to be allowed on this site which aren't originated from the country of japan. I can copy and paste those subsections if you would like.

This means they don't have to meet the condition which states "It's created by professional staff in Japan for the Japanese market." As long as it meets the conditions of the subsection. 
hammonlordofhamJun 2, 2023 11:55 AM
Jun 2, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2018
Pyro said:
belial said:

Is that all you have to say? You don't wanna elaborate or refute this at all?
Pyro said:
There are existing entries that invalidate that.

Just gonna cut my reply so you can conveniently ignore what you want. Is it because you're unaware of what I'm referring to since you don't actually know much about the database and the various kinds of works in it.

Don't bother replying to me if you don't have anything substantial to say.
I backed up the point of why its allowed on the website above. But did you do your PFP and footer? I really like the artwork.
Jun 7, 2023 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
belial said:
Alexioos95 said:

I.1 Country of Origin

Chinese and Korean animations are allowed in the database even if they aren't actually anime, provided they are made for the domestic market (so The Simpsons which is animated in South Korea isn't allowed on MAL whereas King's Avatar is allowed). It's been like that for ages. Kineta says the reason is because manhua and manhwa are so popular with manga fans that they realistically have to be in the database and adding donghua and aeni to MAL was just to keep the literature and animation parts of the database consistent with each other.
Jun 8, 2023 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched it and the animation doesn't look that good so I'll probably won't watch it but freaking BTS did the opening and having BTS on mal is cool and if manhwas are on mal so this being on here isn't a big deal
Jun 11, 2023 4:35 AM
Sep 2020
This has to be one of the lamest comment threads I have ever read. Go touch grass losers.
Jul 4, 2023 1:18 PM
Apr 2017
I don't know where I can complain, but I keep having the same problem. I have watched all five episodes of this anime and keep marking it as finish, only for the website to change it back to watching. It is seriously annoying.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.