Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2023 4:13 PM

Oct 2021
Did anyone read the manga and can we expect something good from this series? art and animations do look alright in the little trailer that we have but how is the actual story?
Jan 25, 2023 4:28 PM
Jun 2022
It's a reversed isekai manga and had a little bit of Durarara vibes
Jan 25, 2023 6:25 PM

Jun 2021
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

It’s dark. It’s sexy. The plot is interesting and so are the characters. The main character’s name is Polka.

It’s gonna be a great time.

(When I heard this was getting an anime I ran up and down my apartment at 1am SCREAMING)
Jan 25, 2023 7:37 PM
Jun 2020
I have not read the manga myself but I’ve seen a couple ppl I follow on twitter who have similar tastes to mine hyping it so I’m excited
Jan 25, 2023 10:15 PM

Jul 2015
GEEKTOYS is adapting it, which means most likely it will be garbage.

Jan 26, 2023 12:39 AM
Sep 2022
Story-wise, from character to plot, it's fckin fantastic.
Animation-wise tho, idk. Geektoys is a small animation company, so don't expect to see Ufotable-level animation.
But from the PV, it's alright.
Jan 26, 2023 2:39 AM

Oct 2021
felixculpa said:
Story-wise, from character to plot, it's fckin fantastic.
Animation-wise tho, idk. Geektoys is a small animation company, so don't expect to see Ufotable-level animation.
But from the PV, it's alright.
fr the pv looks good I like the dark style it has.
Jan 26, 2023 10:38 AM

Jun 2021
As far as animation goes, I actually think certain parts could be suited with more nitty gritty rough looking animation, as opposed to something smooth and impressive.

Hopefully it’s better than Kengan Ashura but it’s a great example of what I mean. There ARE parts of Kengan that benefit from looking messy and rough. I think there could be a good balance here.
Jan 26, 2023 4:51 PM
Sep 2022
oh no, take a look at this.
https://imgur.com/gallery/CwAwEj0

I hope DMDP animation better than this.
I'll never forgive Geektoys if they screw it up.
Jan 26, 2023 10:34 PM
Mar 2016
I'm reading the manga and hv to say story is great! hopefully anime do justice 
Feb 4, 2023 12:37 PM

Feb 2021
I haven't read the manga, but I hope that the adaptation will be good and no more than 20 episodes!
Feb 4, 2023 12:43 PM

Oct 2021
Memore said:
I haven't read the manga, but I hope that the adaptation will be good and no more than 20 episodes!
yeah same hoping for a 12 episode show tbh
Feb 4, 2023 12:59 PM

Feb 2021
delanodb said:
Memore said:
yeah same hoping for a 12 episode show tbh
12 episode won't be enough. 24-26 at least.
Feb 11, 2023 4:14 AM

Jul 2016
felixculpa said:

GEEKTOYS has always been a shit-tier studio since 2018, it's only those DAL fanboys claims otherwise because they have never watch their other anime beside of DAL IV and DAB (Which is the ONLY TWO good-looking quality anime they've made so far).

It's nice to see people slowly realize the reality of GEEKTOYS as a studio lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 11, 2023 4:25 AM
Feb 11, 2023 4:56 AM
Sep 2022
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
felixculpa said:

GEEKTOYS has always been a shit-tier studio since 2018, it's only those DAL fanboys claims otherwise because they have never watch their other anime beside of DAL IV and DAB (Which is the ONLY TWO good-looking quality anime they've made so far).

I really hope the quality of DMDP is as good as that of DAL IV and DAB. I still have faith because the PV looks decent, and the staff behind it seems capable as well.
Well, we will see.
Feb 11, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2016
felixculpa said:
I really hope the quality of DMDP is as good as that of DAL IV and DAB. I still have faith because the PV looks decent, and the staff behind it seems capable as well.
Well, we will see.
Yeah, seeing the PV and the staff team I'm sure this one would gonna be better than Ningen Fushin and Plunderer. Let's hope DMDP will be better or at least on-par with their Taiwanese Three Kingdoms anime (Which is nothing amazing but at least the quality are consistent enough).
Feb 20, 2023 6:12 PM
May 2020
The manga is really good, the only bad thing I can think about it's that there are too many characters. Like a lot of them. To the point sometimes I can't enjoy reading it because I don't remember the connection between everyone and wth someone is. And as far as I can remember Clarissa had about 3 very lewd scenes and then there are no others 🙏🙏 thank god, cause they were completely useless
Feb 24, 2023 10:02 AM

Feb 2021
RinDesuYo said:
The manga is really good, the only bad thing I can think about it's that there are too many characters. Like a lot of them. To the point sometimes I can't enjoy reading it because I don't remember the connection between everyone and wth someone is. And as far as I can remember Clarissa had about 3 very lewd scenes and then there are no others 🙏🙏 thank god, cause they were completely useless

Like in Durara, yes.
Mar 14, 2023 3:56 PM
Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
felixculpa said:

The fact that people thought DAL IV looks good worries me more honestly. All the characters had the detail in their art from the previous seasons stripped in favor of slightly better animation, but the models became so generic, idk how to describe it but nowaday you see a good chunk of anime every season where it feels like the characters have the same low quality model but their hair is set to 100% shiny and glossy now so somehow people still think it looks good or some shit lmao. Season 1 was peak in terms of art style and direction, no matter how people feel about the anime I think those 2 things can easily outshadow the need to go above and beyond on animation if your lacking the budget for it. I do wish they would do well on the anime, but I can't say I expect much since it seems they always cheapen out on parts I think matter, and they haven't produced anything that was nominally above average yet.
Mar 17, 2023 3:34 AM

Nov 2007
PV2
Airing on Mondays at 24:00 (Tuesdays at 0:00 a.m.) via Tokyo MX and more starting April 10, 2023 (11th after midnight)
Split cours
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/517053
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2023 9:55 AM

Feb 2021
tsubasalover said:
PV2
Airing on Mondays at 24:00 (Tuesdays at 0:00 a.m.) via Tokyo MX and more starting April 10, 2023 (11th after midnight)
Split cours
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/517053

Thanks! Guess I will watch all the 24 episodes when two seasons finished airing.
Mar 23, 2023 6:32 PM

Mar 2021
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

DAL IV and DAB had very tight budgets with the goal of adapting the whole thing and they did pretty well given how new the studio and staff is. Not to mention the outfits are much harder to animate due to complicated costume designs. DAL had a small budget from the beginning and never got picked up by well established studios but carried on due to its popularity and became kind of the only show that carried Fantasia Bunko. Stuff like spy classroom managed to get studio feel thanks to DAL sort of carrying the label. Even now DAL is still the most popular anime from Fantasia Bunko. You can argue saekano but they had cloverworks and kind of disappeared after its short run.

Older studios like A1 would do a good job for like 1-2 cours for an upcoming series and just ditch it for another project. Which is what happened to 86 and there is like no chance a1 will adapt 86 to the end.

But don't expect the studio to treat a bunch of the other shows on even a speck of equal consideration. The primarily goal of new studios is to grow the brand because publishers often do not trust new studios vs well established ones. For the most part they need to build a reputation. They are doing well do them being able to increase the staff and work on a show every season. A lot of stuff is decided by the publisher which is why COTE s2 had questionable animation despite being from lerche

nekotan7 said:
All the characters had the detail in their art from the previous seasons stripped in favor of slightly better animation, but the models became so generic, idk how to describe it but nowaday you see a good chunk of anime every season where it feels like the characters have the same low quality model but their hair is set to 100% shiny and glossy now so somehow people still think it looks good or some shit lmao. Season 1 was peak in terms of art style and direction, no matter how people feel about the anime I think those 2 things can easily outshadow the need to go above and beyond on animation if your lacking the budget for it. I do wish they would do well on the anime, but I can't say I expect much since it seems they always cheapen out on parts I think matter, and they haven't produced anything that was nominally above average yet.
The director of season 1-3 was literally the same as well as a ton of the core staff. It was getting heavily cheapened out especially in season 3 where the fights were basically had no animation in it. Just rewatch the origami and tohka fight. So they weren't going to get season 1 look back anyways due to studio switches and staff changes.
icefirestone23Mar 23, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 24, 2023 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
icefirestone23 said:
But don't expect the studio to treat a bunch of the other shows on even a speck of equal consideration.
I didn't say I want every anime to have the exact same quality as DAL IV/DAB, I just want the anime to be less off-model and consistently animated,which is something GEEKTOYS has YET to achieve so far. Even they latest show (Ningen Fushin) has some bad animations, so bad that it can be considered comedy by most watchers.

Sure, not every anime is going to have the same budgets and production schedule (Like your example with COTE S2), but when a studio has done more bad stuffs than good ones (To be point you can count the amount of good shows with merely fingers), I think the problem is more on the studio itself than the producers/publishers/whatever you're trying to blame.

There's a reason why a lot of people nowadays hate and doubts studios like Pierrot, LIDENFILMS and Deen despite they also made some good shows (Way more than what GEEKTOYS does so far lol) as well.

icefirestone23 said:
The primarily goal of new studios is to grow the brand because publishers often do not trust new studios vs well established ones. For the most part they need to build a reputation. They are doing well do them being able to increase the staff and work on a show every season.
So "good" that they still have problems with the production for their latest anime even after they hired more new staffs, I honestly don't know if that can really consider good or not lol.

Look, I don't know how much faith you have on GEEKTOYS and how much you trusts them, but as of now, GEEKTOYS still haven't convinced me for their ability to made anime yet. Maybe they will proven me wrong with DMDP and their future anime, but I remain skeptical about it.
Mar 24, 2023 4:31 PM

Mar 2021
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
There's a reason why a lot of people nowadays hate and doubts studios like Pierrot, LIDENFILMS and Deen despite they also made some good shows (Way more than what GEEKTOYS does so far lol) as well.
Deen is a very old studio, far older than even AIC Plus + which adapted the first season of DAL. So Konosuba had a far better production cycle than DAL had. DAl maanged to be a hit nevertheless.

The publisher actually has usually the biggest say into the lifecycle of it, as well as the producers. Media Factory is the publisher for Ningen Fushin and they have so many big series like Overlord, Re Zero, Shield Hero, they are not going to pay for higher end studios for Ningen Fushin likely cuz the source material wasn't that big in the first place. As a result, marketing is heavily cut so you will not see it on magazines and such.

Also most authors don't have huge egos where they disown an anime because they see themselves above it. Only one I know of Nasu who thinks of himself as a god and the best to happen to Ufotable and tries to disown Deen. Only for ufotable to leave him and all his fgo movies bomb massively at the box office.

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
So "good" that they still have problems with the production for their latest anime even after they hired more new staffs, I honestly don't know if that can really consider good or not lol.
For director, he has worked for this studio before on Hensuki. I see no info on the key animator. While DAL's key animator had done work on the SAO Ordinal Scale movie. https://myanimelist.net/people/11185/Hiroyuki_Kanbe

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Look, I don't know how much faith you have on GEEKTOYS and how much you trusts them, but as of now, GEEKTOYS still haven't convinced me for their ability to made anime yet. Maybe they will proven me wrong with DMDP and their future anime, but I remain skeptical about it.
They can adapt things but they are not going to spend too much resources unless it is a higher end project that has a bigger marketing push behind it. Also they are still considered new so they need to have a resume built up.
Mar 24, 2023 10:20 PM
Aug 2017
I read a decent bit of the manga and liked it so I'd be hyped...
were it not for the studio. Geek Toys was responsible for the dogshit adaptation of Ningen Fushin and their other shows don't seem to fare much better going by the poor ratings
Mar 24, 2023 10:52 PM

Jul 2016
icefirestone23 said:
Deen is a very old studio, far older than even AIC Plus + which adapted the first season of DAL. So Konosuba had a far better production cycle than DAL had. DAl maanged to be a hit nevertheless.

That's not even my point or related to anything I wrote but whatever.

Also even with Konosuba or some others like Deen F/SN (In which Typemoon fans hated it, but it do be successful enough to raise the franchise's popularity back in late 2000s) on their back, Deen is mostly hated by anime watchers due to they haven't made anything good in recent years (7DS S3 for example). Whether Konosuba is good or not it won't change the fact their recent records and reputations aren't as good as they used to be.

icefirestone23 said:
Media Factory is the publisher for Ningen Fushin and they have so many big series like Overlord, Re Zero, Shield Hero, they are not going to pay for higher end studios for Ningen Fushin likely cuz the source material wasn't that big in the first place. As a result, marketing is heavily cut so you will not see it on magazines and such.

Sure but that's not a excuse for that anime to have some many low quality scenes here and there. They could have at least keep things on-model and made the bad moments less noticeable if they don't have enough budgets (Which is something they surprisingly managed to do with their Three Kingdom anime, despite that literally nobody beside some Taiwanese and Chinese watchers know about it).

icefirestone23 said:
For director, he has worked for this studio before on Hensuki.

And again, what does that has to do with anything I wrote?

icefirestone23 said:
While DAL's key animator had done work on the SAO Ordinal Scale movie. https://myanimelist.net/people/11185/Hiroyuki_Kanbe

....... And this is also the same guy that ruined Plunderer (Another anime by GEEKTOYS) with it's awful directions and pacing (And that even ignoring the bad production and the way it adapted from the manga).

icefirestone23 said:
Also they are still considered new so they need to have a resume built up.

You're just proving my point on why people should be skepticism and not to put their expectations too high on GEEKTOYS lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 24, 2023 11:08 PM
Mar 24, 2023 11:05 PM
Sep 2022
Just watch the first few minutes of episode 1 on AnimeJapan Stage. It's okay, not great, not bad either. However, keep in mind that it's only 2 minutes out of the entire series, so it could be better or worse.
Mar 24, 2023 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
felixculpa said:
It's okay, not great, not bad either. However, keep in mind that it's only 2 minutes out of the entire series, so it could be better or worse.

So basically just like 95% of their other anime, huh?
Mar 24, 2023 11:33 PM
Sep 2022
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
felixculpa said:
It's okay, not great, not bad either. However, keep in mind that it's only 2 minutes out of the entire series, so it could be better or worse.

So basically just like 95% of their other anime, huh?
IDK, but it's definitely better than ningen fushin 
Mar 25, 2023 2:14 PM

Mar 2021
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Also even with Konosuba or some others like Deen F/SN (In which Typemoon fans hated it, but it do be successful enough to raise the franchise's popularity back in late 2000s) on their back, Deen is mostly hated by anime watchers due to they haven't made anything good in recent years (7DS S3 for example). Whether Konosuba is good or not it won't change the fact their recent records and reputations aren't as good as they used to be.
This might surprise a lot of people but studios like Deen, Lidenfilms and White Fox are actually seen as pretty reputable studios in Japan since they have a long history in the industry. They just aren't large, talened enough to be brand names like Mappa, Ufotable, A1. People tend to exaggerate the production issues of Konosuba and RZ when in reality it has been pretty consistent with the staff and frequent releases.
The thing is sequels add more workload and pressure to the already existing studios so they need more studios to clear the backlog since so many companies are trying to get anime made these days.
I doubt MF ever intended for this series to get the attention that Spy Classroom and Angel Next Door got. MF wanted an anime and they needed a decent studio to do it. Liar Liar will also be done by geek toys

What I think happened was MF saw Geek Toys revived DAL after years of switching studios, and then secured a contract with them to push a ton of their series.

As much as we like to blame studios they are usually not large enough to decide the workflow.
Media Factory right now almost certainly has the most influence within Kadokawa to make a lot of decisions. Which is probably why more of their shows are getting greenlit and why Re Zero has the most marketing over a ton of other shows.
icefirestone23Mar 25, 2023 4:18 PM
Mar 26, 2023 11:16 PM

Jul 2016
I was actually went back to reread my previous comments after I saw your post, just to make sure I didn't misinterpreted any of my earlier points lol.

icefirestone23 said:
Deen, Lidenfilms and White Fox are actually seen as pretty reputable studios in Japan since they have a long history in the industry. They just aren't large, talened enough to be brand names like Mappa, Ufotable, A1.

Once again, you clearly missed the point I was referring. Deen and some others having a long history in animation has nothing to do with how some people ended up hating them in recent years.

icefirestone23 said:
When in reality it has been pretty consistent with the staff and frequent releases.

"It doesn't matter how badly some of their other anime turned out to be, but at least the most famous titles they has been working on remains the exact same staff teams and budgets, even if the other bad anime they've done makes them look bad and affects the audience's expectations for their future works."
That's basically what I got from reading this.

icefirestone23 said:
The thing is sequels add more workload and pressure to the already existing studios so they need more studios to clear the backlog since so many companies are trying to get anime made these days.

You said it like as if it's a normal thing for the sequels to have worse production schedule than it's prequels, when the only examples I could think of was Index III, OPM2 and Food Wars S3 (All of which animated by J.C Staff, ironically) lol.

icefirestone23 said:
I doubt MF ever intended for this series to get the attention that Spy Classroom and Angel Next Door got. 

And again, does the series being unpopular really excuses the anime to be badly animated?

I will repeat this again, I don't even want that anime (And any of their other shows like DMDP) to have DAL IV/DAB level of good (Let alone ufotable/Bones/Madhouse/IG Production/whatever big studio you want to bring up), I just want the anime to at least be in watchable state aka less off-model and bad scenes (Like what they did with their Three Kingdom anime).

Are you telling me that because shows like Ningen Fushin was made with low budget in mind (And unpopular by default), they don't need to put any more effort on their production and let it be bad as these shows guaranteed won't become huge in popularity?

Also, by your logic, why would MF be stupid enough to expect an noname title to gain SxF (Of all the anime you could use as a example) level of popularity? Lol

icefirestone23 said:
What I think happened was MF saw Geek Toys revived DAL after years of switching studios, and then secured a contract with them to push a ton of their series.

Not sure what does that has to do with GEEKTOYS having problem with production. And even if that's the case, how comes their Pre-DAL IV anime all suffered the same problems as well? I highly doubt MF has anything to do with titles like RErideD (original anime) and Plunderer (an adaptation of a manga).

At best, your theory only applies for their current and future titles like Ningen Fushin and DMDP.

icefirestone23 said:
As much as we like to blame studios they are usually not large enough to decide the workflow.

Even when 95% (I didn't exaggerated that number, mind you) of the works the studio made all have the similar issues? Surely GEEKTOYS had absolutely nothing to be blamed, right? Lol

Honestly, I'm starting to think we're arguing two different things here.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 26, 2023 11:51 PM
Mar 28, 2023 4:53 AM
Jan 2014
Hype? I don't know. I read the resume for the plot and did not understand a single thing.
Apr 4, 2023 3:03 PM
Apr 2010
icefirestone23 said:

Older studios like A1 would do a good job for like 1-2 cours for an upcoming series and just ditch it for another project. Which is what happened to 86 and there is like no chance a1 will adapt 86 to the end.
A1 does multiple season series no problem and they didnt ditch 86, its been only 1 year since they released second cour/season.
Apr 4, 2023 4:59 PM

Mar 2021
krz3myk said:
A1 does multiple season series no problem and they didnt ditch 86
They said in multiple interviews they only usually plan for a series to go 1-2 cours and will go only if it is a hit. That is what happened with Dress Up Darling since they only wanted to do 1 cours. And Cloverworks operates similiar to a1. 86 only averaged 2k discs per volume which probably won't break even considering marketing and high end production and such so I cannot imagine them adapting every last volume. Reality is 86 is not a financially successful series. Even for some of Aniplex's extremely successful series like Saekano which had 20K sales per volume far beating out Kaguya, Dress Up Darling, 86, they only did 2 cours and a movie but they could have gone on longer.
icefirestone23Apr 4, 2023 5:13 PM
Apr 4, 2023 5:55 PM

Mar 2021
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Not sure what does that has to do with GEEKTOYS having problem with production. And even if that's the case, how comes their Pre-DAL IV anime all suffered the same problems as well? I highly doubt MF has anything to do with titles like RErideD (original anime) and Plunderer (an adaptation of a manga).
Plunderer only sold like 200 discs per volume while DAL IV sold 2k per volume discs so obviously adapting a less popular source material is a risk. So DAL IV basically sold on par with 86, kaguya s3 and likely made way more on the game, the figures, merchandise. DAL itself had one of the roughest production cycles out of any anime ever (constantly switching studios) yet still sells well. AIC plus is a far lower studio than Deen, white fox, mad house. Their main seiyuus like Asami Sanada, Iori Nomizu, Misato, and Misuzu Togashi are not big names like Sora Amamiya, Rie Takahashi, Sumire Uesaka, Nao Toyama, Ayane Sakura. That is kind of unheard of now for a popular series to have lower profile celebs. You may argue Geek Toys got carried by the IP, Tsunako, Tachibana but the production and artwork was better than s3.

Just feel the difference
Geektoys
https://en.ws-tcg.com/products/eb-dab/
vs
JC Staff/IMS
https://en.ws-tcg.com/products/bp-dalv2/

So if DAL had a smoother production cycle with a higher end studio or more starpower they probably could have easily outsold Re Zero, Konosuba, Overlord etc. Kurumi now has like more figures than Rem.

I also don't think they were given more resources for those shows. GEEK toys itself only had 10 employees but managed to jump to 35 after DALIV. So they may have had fewer people during this.

Liar Liar (by Media Factory) should be a better production since it is a much more popular source material than Ningen Fushin, Plunderer and has a scaled figure coming.

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Also, by your logic, why would MF be stupid enough to expect an noname title to gain SxF (Of all the anime you could use as a example) level of popularity? Lol
Spy Classroom not Spy X Family. Weekly shonen jump is a whole another ballpark. If a source material is popular, big name seiyuus will instantly audition for the roles like what happened with Spy Classroom.

I also recommend you read the threads of Classroom of the Elite complaints on the production. Despite Classroom of the Elite outselling Re Zero by a large margin for lns now, MF still shafted the series with a rushed production since they still see Re Zero as their priority and will pump and dump countless gachas and make the most ridiculous rem figures. We should not blame GeekToys but Media Factory. Media Factory by far makes the most anime right now so they are trying to secure any studio they can get. I say people are quick to blame the studio but ignore the producers.

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Those are pretty old and the studio had a smaller staff so they won't be comparable to studios like Passione
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 AM

Jul 2016
icefirestone23 said:
Plunderer only sold like 200 discs per volume while DAL IV sold 2k per volume discs so obviously adapting a less popular source material is a risk.
I will ask this for a 3rd time, what and where are the exact risk of even animating the show consistently? Is it really that hard to keep things less off-model? Surely budgets and/or producers has nothing to do with it, right? For the last time, being unpopular doesn't excuse the anime to be badly animated.

Not only that, the fact that the Three Kingdom anime (An franchise with even less popularity than every single anime that were made in the last few years) being able to animated consistently and better than Plunderer literally contradicted your point here.

Also, you do realized that Plunderer's low BD selling has more to do with the fact that the anime being straight awful than the source material being unpopular, right?

icefirestone23 said:
Inserts how amazing GEEKTOYS is compared to other studios and how great DAL IV is

Can you just stop posting a bunch of irrelevant stuffs and fanboying over GEEKTOYS already? None of these related to our discussion nor am I even interested to heard how much you love them as a studio. It's really annoying to read all those off-topic comments at this point.

icefirestone23 said:
Spy Classroom not Spy X Family.
Okay, but still comparing Ningen Fushin to Spy Room is retarded because the latter instantly became popular the moment when the first volume released. I'm not sure why you even bother to bring Spy Room out on this when even you yourself agreed that Ningen Fushin won't gain that level of popularity.

Spy Room literally won the first place of Fantasia Prize Award and second place of KonoSugoi 2021 for fuck's sake, while Ningen Fushin never won anything as far as I recall.

icefirestone23 said:
I say people are quick to blame the studio but ignore the producers.
Except that there are people who blaming both the studio and producers at the same time lol.

icefirestone23 said:
Those are pretty old
And?

We should not blame GeekToys but Media Factory. 

and the studio had a smaller staff
So their previous anime had production issues because they don't have enough staffs, and Ningen Fushin still had the same production problem because MF, huh?

icefirestone23 said:
Liar Liar (by Media Factory) should be a better production since it is a much more popular source material than Ningen Fushin, Plunderer and has a scaled figure coming.
Sure and I also can't wait to see how will you defend it if Liar Liar ended up just like Plunderer and Ningen Fushin, and that's assuming if DMDP will gonna be failure as well lmao.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 5, 2023 5:19 AM
Apr 5, 2023 7:33 AM
Apr 2010
icefirestone23 said:
krz3myk said:
A1 does multiple season series no problem and they didnt ditch 86
They said in multiple interviews they only usually plan for a series to go 1-2 cours and will go only if it is a hit. That is what happened with Dress Up Darling since they only wanted to do 1 cours. And Cloverworks operates similiar to a1. 86 only averaged 2k discs per volume which probably won't break even considering marketing and high end production and such so I cannot imagine them adapting every last volume. Reality is 86 is not a financially successful series. Even for some of Aniplex's extremely successful series like Saekano which had 20K sales per volume far beating out Kaguya, Dress Up Darling, 86, they only did 2 cours and a movie but they could have gone on longer.
Wait... what? Studios are not financially responsible for a success of a show. Producers and other parties involved in production pay for it while studio only animate it. A1 is a studio, not a producer or publisher, they dont care about sales. So indeed a poor financial returns might ruin a chances for a sequel but its not because of A1 studio at all.

Also its kinda irrelevant. You stated that A1 dont animate sequels when its factually incorrect. They do make sequels, thats the end of the argument and everything else is basically irrelevant to the topic. You didnt probably read any interview at all, you probably read someone claiming it on forum, did you?

Also disc income is extremely low, they probably earn like few $ per sale at best so its not a measure of a success at all. Theres no parallel between chances of a show getting a sequel and disc sales. And why A1 studio would care about disc sales? Producers sells discs, not studio, they dont get any money from it at all. Another completely invalid argument based on ignorance.

Its easy to ruin your theory by show like Ao No Exorcist that got anime unique ending without any chance for a sequel. Yet 6 years later A1 studio animated a sequel despite definitely ending it. Your theory is completely incorrect. Every show might get a sequel sometime in the future, predicting sequels is almost impossible.
Apr 6, 2023 5:12 AM

Jul 2016
krz3myk said:
Also disc income is extremely low, they probably earn like few $ per sale at best so its not a measure of a success at all. Theres no parallel between chances of a show getting a sequel and disc sales.
Not to mention that BD sells sorta becoming less and less relevant in recent years due to online streaming, producers nowadays cares more than just BD sells alone for the potential anime sequel.
Apr 6, 2023 6:11 PM

Mar 2021
krz3myk said:
Wait... what? Studios are not financially responsible for a success of a show. Producers and other parties involved in production pay for it while studio only animate it. A1 is a studio, not a producer or publisher, they dont care about sales. So indeed a poor financial returns might ruin a chances for a sequel but its not because of A1 studio at all.

Also its kinda irrelevant. You stated that A1 dont animate sequels when its factually incorrect. They do make sequels, thats the end of the argument and everything else is basically irrelevant to the topic. You didnt probably read any interview at all, you probably read someone claiming it on forum, did you?

Also disc income is extremely low, they probably earn like few $ per sale at best so its not a measure of a success at all. Theres no parallel between chances of a show getting a sequel and disc sales. And why A1 studio would care about disc sales? Producers sells discs, not studio, they dont get any money from it at all. Another completely invalid argument based on ignorance.

Its easy to ruin your theory by show like Ao No Exorcist that got anime unique ending without any chance for a sequel. Yet 6 years later A1 studio animated a sequel despite definitely ending it. Your theory is completely incorrect. Every show might get a sequel sometime in the future, predicting sequels is almost impossible.
A1 is part of Aniplex and Aniplex dictates pretty much everything in the production. 
Aniplex has shown multiple times they are against long running series unless it is Fate/SAO/Demon Slayer. They forced TPM to end in 2 cours, originally only wanted Dress Up Darling to have 1 cours. Shadow House they tried multiple times to end it in 1-2 cours. 
Saekano had 20k disc sales yet they forced the last 5 volumes into a movie and ended the series there.

They do this because it puts their brand name on potential big creators and prevents rival production companies from having them. IT prevents burnout from long running series since there will be more expectations as a series goes on. Also it is difficult securing directors for a longer series. It also elevates their status by monopolizing creators and IPs.

Aniplex cares more about discs because they put their resources into the production and don't get much from publishers. This is why they don't proceed with shows that aren't 10k disc sellers often. Akebi had 4k disc sales but you haven't heard a word about a second season.

Making a long running series, the people involved will ask for more money and sales normally declines unless it is a franchise hit. A long running series is expensive since disc sales tend to drop as source material boosts.

I will be shocked if 86 and Kaguya become a series as long running as SAO. People need to get their head out of their asses it is A1 pictures or bust. Aniplex doesn't care about long running franchises unless it generates instantaneous big sales. There is no evidence that 86 is on Overlord, Re Zero franchise levels.

Also Blue exorcist they didn't say it is a new tv anime. It could be a movie/ova such.

Apr 6, 2023 6:29 PM

Mar 2021
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I will ask this for a 3rd time, what and where are the exact risk of even animating the show consistently? Is it really that hard to keep things less off-model? Surely budgets and/or producers has nothing to do with it, right? For the last time, being unpopular doesn't excuse the anime to be badly animated.

Not only that, the fact that the Three Kingdom anime (An franchise with even less popularity than every single anime that were made in the last few years) being able to animated consistently and better than Plunderer literally contradicted your point here.

Also, you do realized that Plunderer's low BD selling has more to do with the fact that the anime being straight awful than the source material being unpopular, right?
Actually budgets and producers do determine a lot. If a show has lower end producers, it is harder to secure proper staff and directors. For television, funding is like the most important factor

By your logic why doesn't mappa and ufotable adapt random isekais and rom coms? They can do it but it won't make them money vs adapting an already popular shonen manga. Which is why Mappa went all in on Chainsaw Man since the manga was already selling the best and they thought Fujimoto guaranteed them a success.

As for the three kingdoms anime please link the anime. Hopefully it not some old since animes before 2010s haven't aged well including sunrise ones like Gundam 00 unless it got heavily remastered like Seed/Destiny. Even prestigous studios like Sunrise generally treats a lot of their own shows terribly which is why no gundam au series other than seed/destiny got a massive remaster since they sold like awfully compared to them.

These posts bashing studios for random seasonal is getting ridiculous. Even loved studios like Cloverworks have also butchered things beyond belief like TPM since they Aniplex doesn't see the show as profitable and rather end it and prevent rivals from having it. If you want something to have an adaption or better adaptation reality is not much you can do that other then support the source. Sorry if you expected too much of this studio. They are very new and don't have the reputation even compared to small ones like Passionne.
Apr 6, 2023 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
icefirestone23 said:
Actually budgets and producers do determine a lot. If a show has lower end producers, it is harder to secure proper staff and directors. For television, funding is like the most important factor
In other words, you don't have any logical answer here. I don't think you actually get what exactly I was asking in the last couples of posts as you keep giving me non-answers that barely address the CORE ISSUES of my question. Most of your answers only addressed the reason why some titles have low budgets, but not why they're some exception where the anime has little to no production issues despite they have low budgets as well.

icefirestone23 said:
More irrelevant stuffs

Not going to response with this "popular vs unpopular" crap

icefirestone23 said:
As for the three kingdoms anime please link the anime.
This: https://myanimelist.net/anime/49514/Gensou_Sangokushi__Tengen_Reishinki

The fact after several times I brought it out (And even mentioned it's made by the same fucking studio TWICE) and you still don't know which one I was referring, it makes me wonder how much you actually love GEEKTOYS as a studio or that if you even know what kind of titles they had done before DAL IV.

icefirestone23 said:
Sorry if you expected too much of this studio. They are very new and don't have the reputation even compared to small ones like Passionne.

How many times do I need to say this until you can finally understand? For the last time, I, DON'T, CARE, IF, THE, ANIME, HAS, LOW, BUDGET, AS, LONG, AS, THERE'S, BARELY, ANY, BADLY, ANIMATED, SCENES, AND, UNNOTICEABLE. Which part of "consistently" is so hard for you to understand?

I don't have much high expectations with this studio to begin with. Hell, don't even except Plunderer to have Demon Slayer level of qualities (Let alone DAL IV) and just simply expect an okay-ish or at least watchable state (If you still don't get what I mean here, then take a look Kyokou Suiri or Accelerator anime as an example), yet it still disappointed me at the end. Of course there are other factors lead to my disappointment as well (As I had mentioned in my previous posts), but since we're only talking about production quality the other factors are irrelevant here.

Apparently asking for consistently is way too much for a studio to handle lol.

It's so amusing that you can even defend a studio that barely have any good records on their back so far and put all the blames solely on the producers as if the studio can do no wrong or something (They may not have the biggest fault but to think they don't have even a single blame to hold is absurd).

Seriously, I feel like I was talking to a goddamn wall this whole time. If after you read this post and you STILL believing I want ufotable/MAPPA/Bones/whatever big studio level of quality for every single anime, then fine and believe it all you want but please, just stop replying and end this stupid conversation already. This crap is just wasting our time.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 7, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 7, 2023 6:13 AM
Apr 2010
icefirestone23 said:
A1 is part of Aniplex and Aniplex dictates pretty much everything in the production. 
Aniplex has shown multiple times they are against long running series unless it is Fate/SAO/Demon Slayer. They forced TPM to end in 2 cours, originally only wanted Dress Up Darling to have 1 cours. Shadow House they tried multiple times to end it in 1-2 cours. 
Saekano had 20k disc sales yet they forced the last 5 volumes into a movie and ended the series there.

They do this because it puts their brand name on potential big creators and prevents rival production companies from having them. IT prevents burnout from long running series since there will be more expectations as a series goes on. Also it is difficult securing directors for a longer series. It also elevates their status by monopolizing creators and IPs.

Aniplex cares more about discs because they put their resources into the production and don't get much from publishers. This is why they don't proceed with shows that aren't 10k disc sellers often. Akebi had 4k disc sales but you haven't heard a word about a second season.

Making a long running series, the people involved will ask for more money and sales normally declines unless it is a franchise hit. A long running series is expensive since disc sales tend to drop as source material boosts.

I will be shocked if 86 and Kaguya become a series as long running as SAO. People need to get their head out of their asses it is A1 pictures or bust. Aniplex doesn't care about long running franchises unless it generates instantaneous big sales. There is no evidence that 86 is on Overlord, Re Zero franchise levels.

Also Blue exorcist they didn't say it is a new tv anime. It could be a movie/ova such.

I focused on you stating that anime studio is responsible financially and decisively for sequels which is not true. If we count Aniplex in that equation that have indeed a history of long running franchises then it owns your argument even more. You cant just say absolute nonsense like "Fate/SAO/Demon Slayer dont count" and pretend to be taken seriously. It does count. You really think that a show is considered abandoned if it doesnt get hundreds of episodes and years of continuation? You dont even count Kaguya-sama in this even if it was running for 3 years and got three seasons and movie? Seriously whats wrong with you? Nobody will really care what you are saying if you spew such nonsense, your arguments have zero integrity. Obviously Kaguya-sama wont get as much screen time as Demon Slayer, its not long running action shounen, its romantic comedy, so what? And it doesnt matter if Ao No Exorcist is a movie or a TV show. Its a long running series, thats a fact. Same goes for your other examples, those dont prove anything.

Many titles may not even get a greenlight from a people who owns a rights to source material because many shows are done only to advertise LN/manga, anime producers and especially studio have no say in this. Its hard to tell what deals are made between involved parties. And even if some series are indeed dropped then still this doesnt prove its a rule.

And again this disc sales nonsense, irrelevant myth from the past. Some shows gets sequels in production before they even start selling BD disc, and you even presented an example that ruins this point even more. Disc sales became irrelevant to any show/movie many years ago. Its all about streaming and TV airing for years now. 
krz3mykApr 7, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 7, 2023 12:43 PM

Mar 2021
krz3myk said:
I focused on you stating that anime studio is responsible financially and decisively for sequels which is not true. If we count Aniplex in that equation that have indeed a history of long running franchises then it owns your argument even more. You cant just say absolute nonsense like "Fate/SAO/Demon Slayer dont count" and pretend to be taken seriously. It does count. You really think that a show is considered abandoned if it doesnt get hundreds of episodes and years of continuation? You dont even count Kaguya-sama in this even if it was running for 3 years and got three seasons and movie? Seriously whats wrong with you? Nobody will really care what you are saying if you spew such nonsense, your arguments have zero integrity. Obviously Kaguya-sama wont get as much screen time as Demon Slayer, its not long running action shounen, its romantic comedy, so what? And it doesnt matter if Ao No Exorcist is a movie or a TV show. Its a long running series, thats a fact. Same goes for your other examples, those dont prove anything.

Many titles may not even get a greenlight from a people who owns a rights to source material because many shows are done only to advertise LN/manga, anime producers and especially studio have no say in this. Its hard to tell what deals are made between involved parties. And even if some series are indeed dropped then still this doesnt prove its a rule.

And again this disc sales nonsense, irrelevant myth from the past. Some shows gets sequels in production before they even start selling BD disc, and you even presented an example that ruins this point even more. Disc sales became irrelevant to any show/movie many years ago. Its all about streaming and TV airing for years now. 
Ao No was given an original ending because they chose to end it. They undid it to test it and it didn't do anything which is why they barely promoted the series after that. Ao no Exorcist is barely a thing in the merch world.

Disc sales do matter particularly for Aniplex since they don't own the source material and need to make a profit to break even, particularly for high end productions. They cannot just continue to greenlit sequels unless they are laundring money.

IF sales didn't matter, shows like magi would have gotten season 3 years ago. A1 is not the god tier studio since their Nier show got blasted in reception so hard at the beginning, it is hard to believe it was the most anticipated show.

I swear to god if 86 and kaguya don't get endless seasons like KnY which is very likely the scenario given the lack of merch and sales, the directors are going to have to mute their twitters for the amount of people that will harass them about it. People need to learn to stop bitching whenever their show doesn't get a new season announcement and starting beef with other fandoms
icefirestone23Apr 7, 2023 1:04 PM
Apr 8, 2023 5:22 PM

Nov 2017
it's the copy of the  "Kuraki Kyuuden no Shisha no Ou" lol
Apr 10, 2023 11:58 AM
Apr 2023
this shit is underrated first episode was so amazing best isekai of this season!!!!!
Apr 10, 2023 10:36 PM
Feb 2021
I found just today there’s gonna be an anime.I was reading the manga withot knowing💀It is what it is then
Apr 11, 2023 6:49 PM
Nov 2022
I am unsure abt the studio animating it
May 1, 2023 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure. Geek Toys gonna ruin this one.
May 29, 2023 1:48 PM
Jul 2014
Jesus, so far the story is garbage and it seems like they cannot find a direction as where to go. It has no theme.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

105 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 19, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.