Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 2014
I just wished the pace was slightly faster, I feel like it's a tiny bit slow sometimes
Apr 19, 2023 5:58 PM

Oct 2022
Man, Raeliana's reactions to the little sister praying for her and the duke to have a happy life together, yep, no other option now, if she wants to meet her expectations she will have to actually marry the Duke.

Apr 20, 2023 6:17 AM
Oct 2019
I'm really exited for this anime. Seems like it's gonna be pretty good and reminds me of things I watched a while back
Apr 20, 2023 6:28 AM

Mar 2012
They need to have a bit of consistency, the book she bought from the shop was in Japanese, the contract was in English and the ML's sign was in some made up language.
Apr 20, 2023 7:50 AM
May 2013
flat without something noticeable
Apr 20, 2023 9:05 AM
Aug 2022
Yah sooo OKAY I LOVE THE DUKES COLD AND UNBOTHERED EXTERIOR!
OMG cant waittt
Apr 20, 2023 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
this show is beautiful and i really liked it !!!

i know this is so generic !!
Apr 21, 2023 2:42 AM

Nov 2022
I do like the political aspect to this show. Raeliana and Noah's conversation shows both trying to get leverage from the other much as romantic fluff.
Apr 21, 2023 8:03 PM

Aug 2019
I kinda feel like not a whole lot happened in this episode lol but I still got some enjoyment out of it
Apr 23, 2023 3:48 PM
Summer FAL Diva

Sep 2018
I was so hooked by the first episode that I went and read the manwha, so I now have the benefit of that perspective.

Much of the anime's pacing can be attributed to this being a very straightforward adaptation. What's on the page has been translated in a literal manner to the screen with little visual shorthand, reconfiguration, or omissions. Not even the little character moments are sacrificed for the sake of speed - which probably also explains why the assets are being spread so thin. I wonder how far in the story we will get in twelve episodes. At this pace, I know what the most satisfying end point of the season would be, but that's far too early to introduce many of the characters who appear in the OP. Unless the tempo picks up dramatically or the story beats are shifted around, non-reading viewers may feel led on by the end of season one. 

Adam was my favorite character part of the episode, despite having no lines. Which is hopefully a lesson the studio can learn from - the viewers need a second to breathe every so often! I gave the first episode a pass on being so exposition-heavy, since there were so many plot elements to set up. But in this episode, I felt like we couldn't get through two lines of dialogue without several lines of narration from Raeliana. I wouldn't mind as much if there was action on screen to break up the narration, but so far it's a lot of sitting around in different rooms. I hope we can get out of her head and into the world a little more. Time for some things to happen!
Apr 23, 2023 8:31 PM

Oct 2022
This is turning out more interesting than I expected. I’m enjoying Raeliana’si nteractions with the other characters
UndefeatedBahamut
May 3, 2023 10:14 PM

Mar 2008
I have a bad feeling that things will get really messy for Raeliana with her deal with Noah...

And hah I reacted along with Raeliana, her sister indeed was being so cute.
May 13, 2023 9:09 PM
Feb 2021
KennaIsANerd said:
i like it so far. the duke is definitely suspicious, but im still not sure exactly why. i think with raeliana veering off the course of the novel, something might get messed up and turn out bad.

adam is definitely intimidating, but he's a sweetheart too. seems like there might end up being a possible love interest there? or maybe just a close friendship. either way id love to see more of him

I agree completely ! I'm excited to uncover what the duke's deal is as the season unfolds. Adam is already a fav for me, he's so cute !!

I'm finding the pacing of the show off so far, it feels really clumsy in how its going about speeding through the preamble ? I would have preferred a smoother approach - lots of other shows have managed it - or even just a prelude arc so they could take the time they needed. Idk, anyone else finding the pacing jarring ?
May 17, 2023 3:46 AM

Feb 2019
Syureria said:
However, her efforts failed, and Reliana faced the possibility of a failed transaction. At that time, she noticed a chessboard placed in an unusual way. The king chess piece was alone, and there were missing pieces? I don't know the meaning of this chessboard. If you're watching the sub and know the meaning, could you tag me, tysm...

The subs said there were an abnormal number of pieces, just like the situation in the Kingdom of Cheimos right now.

Also, where do you watch anime? Could you perhaps tell me through private message? I would love to watch anime with Japanese subs!
May 21, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2022
Things are heading in an interesting direction, Raeliana trying to keep a straight face while backpedaling mentally was fun to watch, Noah seemed like he wouldn’t budge but she finally managed to get him to accept the deal, and now she needs to move in with him to keep up the facade, so I guess we know why she ended up at the duke’s mansion now...
I also really liked the addition of Adam, he seemed cold at first but he quickly melted at the sight of Rosemary and sweets lol, he’s a nice lad deep down. Also loved the amount of reactions from Raeliana in this one, I feel like that’s gonna be one of my favorite parts of this show going forward...
May 28, 2023 8:31 PM

Dec 2022
That library sure got books... And Raelina too has eh, erm quite the taste of choice in books as well.
Jun 21, 2023 9:53 AM
Oct 2022
Мені все більше подобається. Добавився новий персонаж лицар, він дуже милий. І героїня починає розкривати свій характер.

Загалом, аніме має бути легким, ніжним та романтичним. Все як я люблю.

Також мені дуже подається її відносини з сестрою
Jun 24, 2023 10:54 PM
Jun 2023
I love that this girl is basically playing universal chess right now. I am kind of expecting this to have the twist of "she chained a few things that happened earlier in the story, therefore later events are not 100% correct".

Let's see if they actually go that route. Raeliana and Noah's personalities seem to bounce off of each other pretty well.
Jan 18, 10:08 AM
Jan 2024
loving the colours/ visuals and the plot of this show!
Apr 30, 2:35 PM

Aug 2019
rosemary is so adorable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
But then.. It getting more interesting..

Sep 14, 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
Ok the story has been officially messed with. Now what is Raelina going to do with the "novel" going down another road.

For Noah being the protagonist of the novel, he seems like the villain.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

61 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.