Ayatsuji tsukasa
Tanamachi kaoru
Sakurai rihoko
Morishimia haruka
Nanasaki ai
Nakata sae

May 9, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2015
All girls are lovable and precious in their own way, but Kaoru is definitely THE best.
I love her design, especially those curly hair, which are actually quite uncommon in anime overall and her cheeky personality.
I also love how Junichi perceives her not only as member of opposite sex, but also as a friend, so their interactions are so casual and joyful.
PieromyslMay 9, 2023 9:06 AM

May 9, 2023 9:03 AM

May 2020
Ayatsuji is the best girl in this show!!!

With Morishima being a close 2nd!!!

Kaoru was decent!!!

& i forgot everybody else in the harem!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

May 9, 2023 9:09 AM
Feb 2022
god dammm all od them are good
May 9, 2023 11:30 AM
Mar 2023
Ayatsuji Tsukasa is easily the best character in the series, she isn't the prettiest girl or anything but she certainly has the most depth, it was fun finding out her true nature under her mask and I felt a good chemistry between she and the mc. However, in terms of womanly appeal though, I'd have to give it to Nanasaki Ai, I love Tomboys and I think she has a pretty interesting personality too.
May 9, 2023 6:20 PM
May 2020
I gotta rewatch but I’m pretty sure I remember Nanasaki being best girl. She had the best personality hands down
May 13, 2023 2:48 AM
Feb 2023
Tsukasa Ayatsuji best girl and character ever.
The only girl with the most time in the openings.

After is Haruka Morishima
May 14, 2023 2:39 AM
Apr 2022
Ranking girls:
1.Tsukasa
2.Kaoru (very little difference with the first)
3.Ai
4.Haruka
5.Sae
6.Rihoko

Ranking arcs:
1.Kaoru ( just another level)
2.Tsukasa
3.Haruka
4.Rihoko
5.Ai
6.Sae
May 15, 10:04 AM

Feb 2024
Definitely Ayatsuji Tsukasa,
Best Girl and Based Girl for me.

Though, Morishimia Senpai, Nanasaki ai and Kaoru takes upon on the latter ranks.

Still Ayatsuji's arc just hits different for me, along with that blessed timeskip.
What a watch!
Wholesome_SeekerMay 15, 10:07 AM
Aug 2, 4:59 PM
Mar 2020
Gonna give a brief explanation of each arcs, in anime order. I watched this when it was airing and definitely I will always remember/rewatching this anime regularly until I grew old.

Haruka is definitely the sole reason this anime really gained popularity and traction, they baited the audience with the "Popular Girl" and "Normal Guy" trope and succeeded, her story is average but Haruka is a powerhouse of a character so this arc really got carried by her character.

Kaoru's arc elevated things even more with deeper story and more serious tone, Kaoru is a strong character, foundation and background wise. Very fun character overall and really did add more depth into this phenomenal show.

Sae's arc is when they decided to take things slowly and more relaxed (Or even more fanservice), I had to say that the art direction of her arc is pretty awful with the narrator speaking unnecessary things, I like Sae but her arc could be much, much better. Though the movie theater scene is phenomenal.

Now we're into everyone's favorite girl, Ai, but had to say, I didn't like her that much, the storyline is great, has some great moments as well as her background but her as a character really is a mixed bag for me. She's the most forgettable character for me, I remembered the scenes, but not her as a character.

Oh Rihoko, I don't know where to start, they truly killed her during the S1 of the anime and the first disappointment I got, it's a miracle that they salvaged things during SS+ though, I guess the staffs really liked her that much that she need 6 Eps to conclude her arc. Rihoko is also a strong character with the strongest backgrounds, if it were real life, Rihoko is 100% the canonical girl for Junichi.

Now, into the elephant in the room, Ayatsuji (It's weird that I feel more comfortable saying her family name instead of "Tsukasa"). Now you've read me talking about the "Strength" of the characters, but Ayatsuji is 100% the best girl of this series, she's the realest character in this series, her attitude, her motives etc really had that balance between realism and fiction, making the best of both worlds and happy family ending? Oh yeah sign me up. Also, Ayatsuji had the most balance (If we also counted SS+) between storyline, character and fanservice.

So my ranking is:

1. Ayatsuji
2. Kaoru
3. Haruka
4. Rihoko
5. Sae
6. AI

Conclusion, Ayatsuji is the best girl, deserved to be the image girl.
Aug 3, 10:22 AM

Jan 2023
Kaoru's arc always felt the strongest to me, her character is so much fun and I liked the way their close friendship slowly transformed into love, it felt so natural and so cute.
Following very very closely is Tsukasa's arc: I think her character is extremely well-written and even the most interesting in the entire series, but her arc is just a tiny bit less interesting than Kaoru's imo.

Then would be Sae, probably the funniest arc of the series overall, loved the narrator bits in particular.
Then Haruka: a very fun and genki character but her arc is a bit on the average side, even though it has some really good moments.
Rihoko was just fine, and I ended up kinda bored and not very interested by Ai's personality and arc.

MeguSae38Aug 3, 10:34 AM
Aug 14, 8:50 PM

Jun 2008
Girls:
Rihoko>Sae>Ai>Tsukasa>Kaoru>Risa>Haruka
(I like unpopular girls, I see).

Arcs
Tsukasa>Kaoru>Rihoko>Ai>Sae>Risa>Haruka

Sep 13, 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
Best Amagami girl will always be Kurosawa, even if she got completely omitted from this adaptation.

Out of the main squad, Risa's arc is easily the best, though the anime doesn't do her justice.
魑魅魍魎の跳梁跋扈する頻闇の帷が帝都を包む宵、決闘の緞帳が開く!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Jul 29, 2010

202 by Kodreyu »»
Oct 1, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 22, 2010

355 by Kodreyu »»
Sep 26, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 15, 2010

303 by Kodreyu »»
Sep 26, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jinjos - Jul 8, 2010

226 by Kodreyu »»
Sep 25, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 1, 2010

280 by Kodreyu »»
Sep 15, 5:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.