Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2023 7:31 AM

Feb 2018
It was their first meeting with World Dai Star Yamabuki. Yamabuki-san became a grandma, and yahhh, I think the onsen business is promising. I liked their reactions when Yamabuki-san paired Kokona and Kathrina. Kokona snored in her sleep. The story of Kaguya Hime still impresses me. Although they share a room, Kokona and Kathrina are separated by a cardboard wall.

I feel like the bath scene wasn't that impressive to me, even though I was looking forward to it since I saw the bathhouse sign in the early minutes. Even though she passed the Sirius selection, why is Kokona still working part-time as a cafe? hmmm... Are idol jobs not paid?

I like how Yae-chan spends her time. It's a relaxing camp. The introduction of Kokona and Yae-chan scene didn't seem to go smoothly, Kokona was too nervous.

The story of Kaguya Hime is so interesting. I feel like Yae-chan acting is good enough, but their movements during the Kaguya Hime acting were quite stiff, and I feel like they were moving with CGI effects?

But yahhh, I don't mind it anymore, Yae-chan performance when singing is quite stunning. I feel like Yae-chan plays a cute role, but when she sings that song, I feel like every lyric is sung with a sad melody. I like the scene where Yae-chan sings. I'm curious about the title of the song that Yae-chan sang. Take no Hana?

In episode 1, Kokona didn't realize she was playing the role of the prince at the time. Shizuka was confused, and they decided to practice together.

Compared to the three of them singing, I still prefer Yae-chan, her singing is so stunning.
Apr 16, 2023 8:48 AM
Jan 2021
Syureria said:

The story of Kaguya Hime is so interesting. I feel like Yae-chan acting is good enough, but their movements during the Kaguya Hime acting were quite stiff, and I feel like they were moving with CGI effects?

Ahh that animation and graphics, have really same qualities as what Kinome Yuu-san used on IDOLY PRIDE's live performances and MVs ...
Apr 16, 2023 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
I think Kokona will fail the audition because she was not being herself and just copied what Yae had performed before. Let's see.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 16, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2018
teofilusSW said:
Ahh that animation and graphics, have really same qualities as what Kinome Yuu-san used on IDOLY PRIDE's live performances and MVs ...
Thank you for the information. I just found out that Kinome Yuu also played a role as a director in the Idoly Pride series, lul... Here, Yuu-san is only the airing director, but I don't really dislike this episode because I like the singing, so it's okay for today's episode all good
Apr 16, 2023 10:10 AM

Dec 2021
The first thing that instantly came in to my mind when I saw Shizuka walking in the ED is Nagase Mana walking in the MV of Hoshi no Umi no Kioku from Idoly Pride.

The mystery on what Shizuka actually is intriguing like who she is really and what's her role to Kokona? This is something to look forward to even though there are some scenes that I find it hard to shake off Idoly Pride from my head.

Mod Edit: Removed image; posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiApr 25, 2023 6:35 AM
Apr 16, 2023 10:15 AM
May 2011
AkeZZZ said:
I think Kokona will fail the audition because she was not being herself and just copied what Yae had performed before. Let's see.
The problem is that being herself doesn't work, as she lacks talent
Apr 16, 2023 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
I think this confirms it, Shizuka is not alive... I wonder if she is a ghost or a figment of Kokona imagination
Apr 16, 2023 11:53 AM
Aug 2013
I also wonder who Shizuka is. I feel like it's probably like Kokona's mental image of someone close to her who died, or like an imaginary friend based on them.

I wonder if Kokona had a friend who wanted to become an actress, but died before she could reach her big goal or something (So now Kokona goes after this goal for her friend's sake, even though Kokona herself doesn't really have any inherent talent besides copying others).

I hope we see Kokona grow into more of her own person, both on and off stage. She's kind and cute and all, but she feels very hollow as a character so far.

Loved the singing in this episode. Otherwise it wasn't as entertaining as the first one. The acting during the auditions were much more captivating.
Apr 16, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2019
I KNEW there was connections here to idoly pride. I commented last week about it and a dude on the MAL thread told me it was a totally different team, but Kinome Yuu is on this and worked on idoly pride. The animation is so fluid and even some of the designs give off that vibe.

As for the episode itself, Yale’s performance was absolutely immaculate. She’s got to be the front runner for Kaguya rn. Kokana copying her performance won’t endear her to many people. Even the set up with Shizuka seemingly being a figment of her imagination or ghost is very similar to IP lol
Apr 16, 2023 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
Am I the only one that wants to call Kokona, coconut?

At first I thought Kokona was being haunted by an actress that died too young, and that she thought she was a real person. Now I think Shizuka is her imaginary friend that all through her life did the things she wanted to do better than she could. In other words I think Shizuka is her talent. I guess we'll get some kind of backstory on why a teenager has an imaginary frrend that she openly holds conversations with (something more than she's odd).
Apr 16, 2023 4:27 PM
Jan 2021
TovarishTony said:
The first thing that instantly came in to my mind when I saw Shizuka walking in the ED is Nagase Mana walking in the MV of Hoshi no Umi no Kioku from Idoly Pride.

The mystery on what Shizuka actually is intriguing like who she is really and what's her role to Kokona? This is something to look forward to even though there are some scenes that I find it hard to shake off Idoly Pride from my head.

That Mana's scene was not directed by Kinome Yuu-san, but by QualiArts. And yet, that part of ED is resembling another part of First Step's MV.

Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EECN5M2yyuyZsU7B7

Mod Edit: Edited quoted post
KayKimiiApr 25, 2023 6:36 AM
Apr 16, 2023 6:59 PM
Jul 2019
I don't know if it's a ghost, or an imaginary friend. I believe it's a kind of "split personality". I think that later on we will see that one of them will disappear, to make way for the other. It could be something like those two Persona 5 characters that merge into one at the end. It is what I think.
Apr 16, 2023 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
The connection to Idoly Pride because of director Yuu Kinome, is starting to show right now.

Kokona has passed Sirius's 1st stage, and is inducted into the dorms, together with her roommate Kathrina, the only two to pass the auditions. The newcomer play being The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter with Princess Kaguya and the lady-in-waiting, it's a fight for the main role while juggling with the daily in and outs of the Sirius troupe life.

Time for the audition prep, and Yae proves why she is one of the Dai Stars with a flawless performance, coupled with Lerche's fluid animation. That is a high bar to beat, and to beat Kathrina, Kokona would have to copy Shizuka's imitation performance, just like her entry audition. The foreigner goes first, and other than having to master the Japanese lifestyle in under a week, the play is the most important first step, and regardless of her stature of performance, her Sense prevailed her to top her previous audition. On the Sense-less Kokona's side, other than trying to follow Shizuka's strategy...she ended up copying Yae's performance.

How will that affect Konona's performance from now on? 
Apr 16, 2023 8:19 PM
Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:
The connection to Idoly Pride because of director Yuu Kinome, is starting to show right now.

Kokona has passed Sirius's 1st stage, and is inducted into the dorms, together with her roommate Kathrina, the only two to pass the auditions. The newcomer play being The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter with Princess Kaguya and the lady-in-waiting, it's a fight for the main role while juggling with the daily in and outs of the Sirius troupe life.

Time for the audition prep, and Yae proves why she is one of the Dai Stars with a flawless performance, coupled with Lerche's fluid animation. That is a high bar to beat, and to beat Kathrina, Kokona would have to copy Shizuka's imitation performance, just like her entry audition. The foreigner goes first, and other than having to master the Japanese lifestyle in under a week, the play is the most important first step, and regardless of her stature of performance, her Sense prevailed her to top her previous audition. On the Sense-less Kokona's side, other than trying to follow Shizuka's strategy...she ended up copying Yae's performance.

How will that affect Konona's performance from now on? 

So this is "what will be happened if Hayasaka Mei is going to the theater" anime?!? It's only natural that I found Idoly Pride fans asking Takahiro-sensei to write the scenario for Hayasaka Mei's past.

The character similarities between Shizuka and Kokona with Kotono and Sakura are only limited to "character design," the rest is completely unexpected in episode 2: it's 95 percent Hayasaka Mei.
Apr 16, 2023 9:06 PM

Feb 2018
TovarishTony said:

Ooomagaa this is a easter egg huh...
Apr 16, 2023 9:28 PM

Dec 2013
I'm quite intrigued to know why she is a schizo, hopefully the show delivers.
KanameYuukiApr 16, 2023 9:32 PM
Apr 16, 2023 9:57 PM
Apr 2023
RedChrome said:
I think this confirms it, Shizuka is not alive... I wonder if she is a ghost or a figment of Kokona imagination

I wonder if that’ll be explained in the next ep .
Apr 16, 2023 10:11 PM

May 2018
Is this anime original? I'm curious to know where the whole thing comes from. I'm quite intrigued overall, especially about Shizuka. Also, apparently Kokona is struggling to find her true self, I wonder if Shizuka is a part of her...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 17, 2023 2:39 AM

Mar 2014
MR_SeeR said:
RedChrome said:

I wonder if that’ll be explained in the next ep .
I don't think they'll explained in the next one.... maybe near the end
Apr 17, 2023 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
feels like Kokona power is to copy the sense of others? Because she is able to do what Yae did a moment ago, simply by watching it.

also the Shizuka situation is getting more interesting. I don't need an explanation right away. It's ok if they reveal if much later.
Apr 17, 2023 4:05 AM
Apr 2023
RedChrome said:

I dunno, if you watch pv 2 of the name you can see Shizuka butting heads with Katharine.
Apr 17, 2023 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
MR_SeeR said:
RedChrome said:

I dunno, if you watch pv 2 of the name you can see Shizuka butting heads with Katharine.
Really !!? Well I didn't see the pv 2 and most of the characters act like they didn't even notice her so I've to assume she's not there physically but I could be jumping to conclusion and this is still early, we''ll just have to wait and see
RedChromeApr 17, 2023 6:57 AM
Apr 17, 2023 11:19 AM
Mar 2021
RedChrome said:

as much as i understand is that shizuka is the gost of a formal SIRIUS Performer, i may be Wrong but thats what i get from it
Apr 17, 2023 5:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is the same creator as AGK and Slave 

my man has varying cultured tastes 
Apr 17, 2023 7:10 PM
Dec 2022
For the ppl who watch the trailer might get the idea on who's going to be the lead role for Kaguya Hime.
Also spoiler~

Apr 18, 2023 8:51 PM

Nov 2018
This episode make me dissapointing for questionable choice transiction between stage play to singing feels unnatrual, like there too loud music too start with. Then accompaniment music when singing don't have any explanation where coming from it's from speaker in theater or someone playing in the background, I have much more hope from anime that seriously relayed on preparation on staged played but dissapointingly not explaing or showing any indication of staged played aspect.

On another side, This have glaring animation that not mix good enough with voice actor that make me kinda bother me.

But on to episode itself. There something that capture y eyes on the end of episode. We see Kokona stage play like Shizuka that already planned from few days ago but when Kokona see Yae watching and get distracted and she immediately change her style to Yae stage play style.
From that scene, we can make prediction that Kokona hidden skill is she can play any kind of stage play style that she see as long as Kokona can capture any kind of aspect from person she using her style on it. Hopefully this aspect can be dealt deeper than what we see today.

Hopefully next episode did not have any kind of issue that happens this episode Plus their still have their Ace Card hold on aout Shizuka Identity, So hope next episode gonna be better.
Yunohi-kunApr 18, 2023 9:07 PM
Apr 21, 2023 11:31 PM

Nov 2018
So does anyone else think Shizuka is Kokona's Tulpa? I doubt that's what the show would call her, maybe just an imaginary friend or I could be wrong and she's a ghost of a dead friend or something darker like that. But it doesn't seem like she is able to interact with anyone else. Also, the fact that neither two have brought this up suggests their current situation may be a long established thing. Hopefully we get a character that asks Kokona about it, but I don't think that would be a very Japanese way of going about things.
Apr 22, 2023 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
My wild guess on Shizuka is that she's the personification of Kokona's "sense". I wonder if Kokona even knows what Shizuka is? I wouldn't be surprised if Kokona grew up with Shizuka and thinks that her existence is natural? However when she introduces herself she never introduces Shizuka nor does she mention her, so she probably knows that Shizuka is not exactly normal.
As of right now Shizuka is obviously invisible to everyone else, she doesn't interact with anyone but Kokona, no one interacts with her nor questions who or why she is there, however after watching PV 2 I'm thinking that maybe she'll become visible at some point?

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
✦ set by Araberu
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Apr 22, 2023 8:25 PM
Jul 2014
in the anime they speak of "Sense" and an innate talent of unique ability or genius. speaking in this sense Koko's "sense" would have to be able to replicate any person to the degree of even entire personalities to form an alter ego of what we assume is a dead best friend. this in it self is not a bad thing as all humans traits from body down to personality are subject to their environment providing external stimuli and inspiration for change. You could say there is no such thing as an "original" anything from the point of innate desire to beings, objects(natural or created), talent, skills, work, or ideas(all of these come from prior things, related things, or even a combination of things)... however it does restricts koko to fever to create exact replicas of her environment to the point of being attached to the past and unable to grow personally and as an actor as she hasn't been able to establish her own 'unique' traits, preferences, and methods suited to her.
May 1, 2023 11:57 AM
Dec 2017
Bit of a logic contradiction: Katherne is already fluent in japanese language, but they think displaying basic japanese mannerisms on stage would be a problem for her? I'm fairly sure one can't learn to read-write "moon runes" at high-school level without getting the cultural background as well and she's def. not illiterate. I mean the 3/4/5 japanese writing systems are all so much intertwined with culture.
Jun 7, 2023 8:39 PM

Nov 2009
huh... so her talent is to "copy" others in order to perform... where have I seen this before... lol

And she gets found out... other series usually do this in next episode, but they do it all in one episode,

Basing on the plot from similar series, I can already tell they'll try and have her train to use her own abilities instead of copying others.

(tho... they have some weird magical element... where they have "sense"... so I guess this is her "sense"...)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 30, 11:06 PM

Feb 2013
as a native speaker, I am extremely triggered by Kathrina's odd German. Thoguh I suppose there simply are no Voice actesses available in jaoan who can speak both proper japanese and german
<-click
Jul 1, 10:23 PM

Feb 2013
Reply to Syureria
It was their first meeting with World Dai Star Yamabuki. Yamabuki-san became a grandma, and yahhh, I think the onsen business is promising. I liked their reactions when Yamabuki-san paired Kokona and Kathrina. Kokona snored in her sleep. The story of Kaguya Hime still impresses me. Although they share a room, Kokona and Kathrina are separated by a cardboard wall.

I feel like the bath scene wasn't that impressive to me, even though I was looking forward to it since I saw the bathhouse sign in the early minutes. Even though she passed the Sirius selection, why is Kokona still working part-time as a cafe? hmmm... Are idol jobs not paid?

I like how Yae-chan spends her time. It's a relaxing camp. The introduction of Kokona and Yae-chan scene didn't seem to go smoothly, Kokona was too nervous.

But yahhh, I don't mind it anymore, Yae-chan performance when singing is quite stunning. I feel like Yae-chan plays a cute role, but when she sings that song, I feel like every lyric is sung with a sad melody. I like the scene where Yae-chan sings. I'm curious about the title of the song that Yae-chan sang. Take no Hana?

In episode 1, Kokona didn't realize she was playing the role of the prince at the time. Shizuka was confused, and they decided to practice together.

Compared to the three of them singing, I still prefer Yae-chan, her singing is so stunning.
Syureria said:
I'm curious about the title of the song that Yae-chan sang. Take no Hana?

here you go
https://world-dai-star.fandom.com/wiki/Yumemi_Zukiyo
<-click

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

16 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 16, 4:59 AM

» German language

DreamingBeats - May 6, 2023

6 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 15, 6:03 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

36 by onlybyjan »»
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 3 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 23, 2023

34 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:45 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

11 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.