Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2023 10:56 PM

Apr 2020
The 1st episode didn't give enough breathing room for reactions, did it not? It almost felt like the director(s)/writers(s) wanted the episode to end as soon as possible. There wasn't enough time to laugh at the bits or be shocked by the surprises.
Quite a shame because, while it's definitely a very generic cliche kind of Anime, it could've had a fairly fine, fun, and intriguing first impression.
Apr 5, 2023 10:59 PM

Jul 2015
Probably they wanted it to end exactly at the introduction of female MC.

Apr 6, 2023 1:14 AM
Dec 2021
they planned for a 24 ep anime. But end up using plan B.
Apr 6, 2023 1:35 AM
Mar 2023
It felt like I was watching it at 1.5x speed.
I do think it was too fast, but how bad that is really depends on what they do from here. I’m hoping they didn’t blow their load in ep. 1.
Apr 6, 2023 4:16 AM
Sep 2016
Maybe that's the reason why it often feels like watching a Visual Novel...
Apr 6, 2023 4:57 AM
Sep 2021
I watched it after a few drinks so I thought it was just me but I just rewatched it and no.. it definitely wasn't the alcohol.. although it probably didn't help
Apr 6, 2023 10:26 AM

Jan 2020
This was nowhere close to as bad as how rushed the ice blade sorcerer finale was. That was a disaster
Apr 6, 2023 2:04 PM
Sep 2014
Jozuwa-_- said:
The 1st episode didn't give enough breathing room for reactions, did it not? It almost felt like the director(s)/writers(s) wanted the episode to end as soon as possible. There wasn't enough time to laugh at the bits or be shocked by the surprises.
Quite a shame because, while it's definitely a very generic cliche kind of Anime, it could've had a fairly fine, fun, and intriguing first impression.
Just read the manga and this episode actually covers just the first chapter so no it wasn’t rushed. Also this is in no way a generic isekai.
Apr 6, 2023 2:39 PM
Aug 2017
OMG that's was so rushed, I fell like the first episode could be on two or three part easely
Apr 6, 2023 5:02 PM

Apr 2020
doopy423 said:
Jozuwa-_- said:
Just read the manga and this episode actually covers just the first chapter so no it wasn’t rushed. Also this is in no way a generic isekai.

I do understand that it's the first chapter, and that the episode covered what it was supposed to: the protag's introduction, the village and side-character, the dark twist, and the introduction of "god" was all indeed neccesary to be in the first episode. My only gripe is that, a lot of Anime with a twist by the end of their 1st episode has managed to handle their pacing well, while this Anime felt like it was showing dozens of scenes in a single minute. Point being, the story pacing wasn't rushed... the scenes transition was.

Also, I only called it "generic" because isekai Animes with a dark twist have become quite common nowadays. Mangakas has now over used the formula to the point that it doesn't feel unique anymore. But depending on how they'll handle the future episodes, this Anime might end up being distinguishable from the others.
Apr 6, 2023 10:29 PM
May 2021
I agree, Aruraru was going too fast
Apr 8, 2023 2:34 PM

Feb 2021
Animillion said:
This was nowhere close to as bad as how rushed the ice blade sorcerer finale was. That was a disaster

I agree, still they have done it at least in the anime.
Apr 9, 2023 3:16 PM
Aug 2021
The_Demon_King76 said:
OMG that's was so rushed, I fell like the first episode could be on two or three part easely

thank you that's what I've been saying they could've easily adapted the first chapter into 2 eps with ep 1 ending the moment bro found out that they were forcefully taken to be killed. I found the whole thing rushed af, especially the last 4 mins where everything was in 2× speed
Apr 20, 2023 4:29 AM

Mar 2022
The whole show feels a mess to be honest, the idea behind the show could of been brilliant but damn it just feels like a really bad acid trip that ends as abruptly as it starts every episode so far its felt like "WTF did i just watch?" I actually am at this point where I literally have no idea if I like the show or not, because I have so many conflicting feelings about it.
Apr 20, 2023 10:21 AM

Apr 2020
I haven't watched another episode yet since the first one tbh. But I might just do that now. If the 2 latest episode still feels bad to me, I might just finally drop it.
But if it at least has the same effect on me as Birdie Wing where the ridiculousness ironically makes it entertaining, I'd keep watching it for fun.
Apr 20, 2023 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Because It's comedy.

Apr 20, 2023 10:52 AM

Feb 2021
yeah, it feels a bit too fast-paced, and the budget is probably three and a half yen, but I must admit it's (cute and) funny enough
Apr 21, 2023 2:48 AM

Apr 2020
Finally watched the latest 2 episodes and I'll say the pacing of episode 3 got so much better. Episode 2 still had abrupt scene cuts and some rushed setup and comical bits. But it became easier to connect with the characters when finally given time to process the scenes. Not to mention the story is properly progressing as well. But of course... the Anime is stilll out of its darn mind XD

I think I'm gonna keep on watching this after all. For better or worse. Just hope it doesn't go 1.75x speed again xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2023

103 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 8, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

72 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2023

121 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:30 AM

» what chapter does this get up in the manga

Darkrazor22 - Aug 2

7 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

116 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 3, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.