Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2023 3:49 AM

Jul 2019
Should i buy Visual Novel first (it would probably take few months to buy) or should i watch the anime instead?
Feb 28, 2023 4:39 AM
Apr 2018
the difference is heaven and earth for the winner is the vn side
Feb 28, 2023 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
VN.

Don’t even compare this thing to the source
Feb 28, 2023 2:25 PM
Jun 2020
just curious but why are you so sure it's worth your money??? Even if the VN is substantially better (im an anime only person so dont bite my head off lol) arent there other shows you know you like or are at least liked by the majority that might be worth the purchase??

even if it's leaps and bounds better it's hard for me to understand it being worth the money. I'm just curious not trying to be rude. just started toying around with the idea of purchasing anime and anime related things. blows my mind how expensive it is.
Feb 28, 2023 2:51 PM
Jul 2015
I think the anime was enjoyable:) It’s an easy blend of regular stuff. The art it nice and VA is okay 👍 - Have not read something:)
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Jul 2019
Foreall908 said:
just curious but why are you so sure it's worth your money??? Even if the VN is substantially better (im an anime only person so dont bite my head off lol) arent there other shows you know you like or are at least liked by the majority that might be worth the purchase??

even if it's leaps and bounds better it's hard for me to understand it being worth the money. I'm just curious not trying to be rude. just started toying around with the idea of purchasing anime and anime related things. blows my mind how expensive it is.

I have read some other Visual Novels like Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, muv luv franchize before and i pretty much enjoyed it. The visual novels gives you emotional scenes much better than the animes and it tells you all the details with good visuals. I feel like i'm reading an anime. Also i dont think they that expensive, i just wait for steam sales and they get cheaper, I am already planning on buying Steins;Gate, Grisaia franchize and aokana. 
Feb 28, 2023 8:48 PM

Jan 2020
Anime adaptation of VNs are most of the time extremely summarized, full of original content and incomplete adaptations, using parts of different routes for the plot instead of adapting the main route or any other route. If you want something to be familiarized with the characters and the story, watch the anime adaptation. If you want something better written and long enough to have decent character development (+ different levels of fan service from your favorite heroine), play the VN. VNs of this type (dating simulator) have the advantage of you choosing which route (and which girl) you want to follow. There are some exceptions like White Album 2 or VNs from Key (Clannad, Little Busters, Kanon, etc), but oftenly dating simulators VNs have generic and simple stories, most of them just aim to be fap material lol
Aokana's VN is nothing out of this world in plot, but has good waifus (Misaki) and the OST is probably the best I've ever heard for a VN.
If you go for the VN, make sure you are properly instructed on how to play it, if you just want to complete the game without thinking which choices you must take to get x or all routes completed, just follow a guide or download a save file from places like seiya-saiga or sagaoz.

5ReinheitFeb 28, 2023 9:31 PM
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
Hehe, don't even consider the anime an option VN all the way. :p
May 5, 2:14 AM

May 2009
Personally I watched the anime before I knew of the VN and I'll vouch for the anime being pcool. Though, if I recall correctly, I wasn't quite sold on it at first, but later (probably because it got an English dub) revisited it, and ended up loving the show. So maybe it can take some time to get going; there definitely are some major plot events that happen around the middle of the show, which change the way the characters think about their relationship to the sport, and give them a lot more depth. I don't know how this plays out in the VN.

As far as I understand it, the VN is a romance VN with multiple routes, specifically for these characters:
. The anime adaptation just takes out the romance piece and makes it a straight-up sports anime; the male lead of the VN also takes a bit of a back seat to the athletes themselves, though he's certainly present. I don't know what role he has in the VN, but I'd presume it's a big one since it's romance VN, and I'm guessing he basically coaches them. In the anime, however, it's the athletes who are the main characters, with Asuka basically being the lead.

Meanwhile, one funny thing is that my favorite character (
) is probably just a secondary character in the VN. Definitely doesn't have a dedicated route.

I looked through the reviews, and it seems that a lot (though not all) of the negative reviews are from people who've read the VN. Take that for what you will.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

152 by nnfuyu »»
Jul 8, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

210 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 8:01 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.