Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2023 2:36 AM

Sep 2015
Tis another one of those "Mystery Dungeon" type episodes where (Once again) Ash unfortunately splits up with Pikachu, thus the two need to find each other immediately. But not without the hiccups along the way. Thankfully everything ends up very nicely.

This episode was a nice wholesome episode with Pokémon interactions. (Of course this has Ash and Pikachu having to accidentally spread their vendetta against the god damn Spearow. At least Ash befriends one) It really sold me when they started showing flashbacks of memories of Ash and Pikachu, but to think they used the older footage for it.

Next weeks episode will feature the return of Lapras! And unfortunately, a Wailmer is stuck on an island, therefore Ash & Co have to get it out again. With reverses being Bayleef, Kingler, Heracross, and surprisingly, Sirfectch'd. 

Only 5 more episodes to go, then it'll be it for the immortal 10 year old and his partner.

Look forward to the next!
Feb 17, 2023 4:03 PM
Feb 2020
I dont think I've ever seen a Rattata get so much screen time before
Feb 17, 2023 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
Nikoslovescoffee said:
I dont think I've ever seen a Rattata get so much screen time before
early days of him always being around those rats but Rocket Gang had them
Feb 17, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
Damn this paid homage to Episode one so perfectly!

I mean it's clear the Spearow was there. But this time Meowth threw the rock to scare the Pidgey but it hit Spearow.

And this time once again Ratatta was stealing food out of Ash's bag! Reminds me when Dexter talked about Ratatta and It was along the signs of "It lives in the forest" and Ash follows up by saying "This isn't a forest! It's an open field" to which Dexter says "It usually comes out into open fields to steal food from STUPID trainers." Classic Pokemon line.

But it just went to show how far along Ash has come as a trainer. To befriend both Spearow and Ratatta there. Very cool.

DAMN LATIAS AGAIN!!!!!! He better Catch Latias at the end of this series.

Lapras next week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 17, 2023 9:20 PM
Dec 2022
This series is simply about nostalgia
Only Og fans can relate
Feb 18, 2023 1:47 AM

Oct 2017
The good old pikachu and meowth getting seperated together cliche with refferences of previous events and some flashbacks. Was an okay episode again.
Feb 18, 2023 3:09 AM
Feb 2021
N_ee_l said:
Only Og fans can relate

Man cannot control the emotions when those flashbacks appeared truly a journey of nostalgia
Feb 18, 2023 3:14 AM
Dec 2022
Bhavya7 said:
N_ee_l said:
Only Og fans can relate

Man cannot control the emotions when those flashbacks appeared truly a journey of nostalgia

Episode 5 and 6 were truly amazing and they were for OG fans:(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡
Feb 18, 2023 3:28 AM
Feb 2021
N_ee_l said:
Bhavya7 said:

Episode 5 and 6 were truly amazing and they were for OG fans:(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

Exactly as soon as the og gang came back and these flashbacks all i could remember were the days where I watched it for the first time when i was 5 or 6 waiting for the english dub to come out to witness the english op 1 since i never heard jap version before
Feb 18, 2023 9:36 AM

Oct 2018
So many parallels to episode 1 and 3, my favorite episode yet and a much better way to handle nostalgic episodes compared to the previous one. Next episode has Heracross, one of my favorite pokemon, nice.
Feb 18, 2023 8:55 PM

Sep 2021
this episode was great, though this was not how i felt at the start of it.
2 mind 1 soul
ash ketchup and peakachu
top tier SoL ep
the look meowth gave when ash n pikachu were bonding
if only meowth got a different destiny
next episode a lapras/laplace reunion
☮️
Feb 18, 2023 9:41 PM

Aug 2019
Episode was absolute crap. They'd covered this type of separation plot half a dozen times before with much better results. At this point they're not even trying to come up with good episodes, and if nostalgia is their aim, then they still failed imo because seeing a recycled storyline with some Kanto Pokemon running around didn't make me nostalgic, just annoyed that they're being so lazy. I can't wait for this waste of 11 episodes to finally be over.
Feb 19, 2023 12:23 AM

Sep 2015
Early_Morning said:
Episode was absolute crap. They'd covered this type of separation plot half a dozen times before with much better results. At this point they're not even trying to come up with good episodes, and if nostalgia is their aim, then they still failed imo because seeing a recycled storyline with some Kanto Pokemon running around didn't make me nostalgic, just annoyed that they're being so lazy. I can't wait for this waste of 11 episodes to finally be over.
God damn, why did you place your expectations so high bro?

Like, don't get me wrong, I can respect the opinion that you have, but so far, for you it's just nothing but negativity to these episodes. It made me believe that you either placed your expectations so high, or it's just pure hatred from the last season. MPM isn't aiming for anything grand tbh. It's nothing but just pure SOL with some wholesome moments here and there. It may not be that for you, but to me, that's what it looks to be.

At this rate, just drop it, lol.
ChirekachiMizuFeb 19, 2023 12:41 AM
Feb 19, 2023 6:58 AM

Jan 2010
the spearrows and the moon gazing with caterpie, the flashbacks. They are going all out with the nostalgia and now they are bringing lapras back.

really they should have use the original outfit for ash.
Feb 19, 2023 2:28 PM

Mar 2018
That forced emotional sequence with the flashbacks on the moon did not feel earned at all LMAO
Feb 20, 2023 11:43 AM
Jan 2020
Six episodes in so far and I wish they showed a little more stuff that feels like a conclusion. The last episode was good, an actual good sendoff for Squirtle but the rest I can do without. Hopefully these next five have some memorable moments
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Feb 20, 2023 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
as we saw in the preview, an episode of pikachu + meowth
skip team rocket speech ty
oh not the pidgey stone into spearow attack, they already did it on last episode of journeys lol
ash and friends saw what happened but got defeated by the spearows lmao
there's a caterpie, but she is too slow, cute

the lonely and hurt spearow was treated by brock
there's a ratatta as well... lol this is literally based on the 1st episodes of season 1, except this time, the pokemons get hurt instead of escaping

rattata will help searching for pikachu as a thanks for the cheese
back to pikachu, the catterpie is too slow, so meowth picks her... but he is tired as hell, he needs to do more exercising lmao
Catterpie does the tarzan thing, wow :D
they finally found the hat, but there's tons of larvas in there
pikachu managed to get it and come down, but baka meowth ruined everything, so he got some spikes in his ass, deserved lols

ash arrived at the tree with the larvas, and misty's face tells us everything
luckily for them, spearows came to help, good thing they brought the little spearow with them
meowth feeling the poison, so time to find a berry that saved pikachu before
next, catterpie looking at the moon on top of a tree stump... nope, it didn't happen in the 1st 5 episodes either :v
some flashbacks to their journey together
in the morning, both parties splitting berries, and they both felt each other and leave everyone else behind, they both jumped at each other, but then fell down ... just to be saved at the last second by an invisible pokemon lols

lol wtf is wrong with brock's face this episode tho?

anyway, this episode, i only remember snivy, did htey show anyone else?
next episode, heracross kingler bayleef lapras ... and there's also a marchtomp, is it brock's?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 21, 2023 5:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh yes, Ash and Pikachu they can't be separated, but I liked most of the nostalgic references, pretty melancholic episode
Feb 23, 2023 5:19 AM

Jul 2020
This episode starts off with classic human/Pokemon losing and searching for each other plot we've seen a million times before, but the execution of the second half elevated it so much beyond that basic plotline. Just having Ash and Pikachu look up to the moon and reminiscing with the insert song playing was so emotional and perfectly encapsulated their eternal bond which they share. We are now officially past the half way point which is scary to think about but for now I'm going to keep enjoying peak Pokemon.
Feb 26, 2023 12:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
emotive episode!!! and full of emotions, because watch pokemons of the first generation was amazing to me!!!

Satoshi & Pikachu 4ever!!! always together, never separate!!!

Mar 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
Cute nostalgic episode loved the moon scenes
Mar 1, 2023 2:58 PM

May 2021
I enjoyed the humour in this one, childish though it may be.

Mar 1, 2023 11:22 PM
Jun 2021
Bond between Ash and Pikachu is the best
Mar 12, 2023 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
This kind of episode shows us the incredible bond between Ash and Pikachu.

Simply beautiful! <3...
Mar 21, 2023 2:44 AM

Nov 2020
LMAOOO the moon scenes, it's like Sacha died

Ratatta thinks he's on the team 💀

Mar 23, 2023 12:53 AM

Feb 2021
It's really hilarious to see caterpie shooting string shot XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 23, 2023 8:54 PM

Aug 2019

Lathias, do you want to be part of the ketchum pokemon family.

I love seeing the interactions between wild pokemon and Ash.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LapisLazulis - Mar 24, 2023

89 by FrontierAK »»
Jul 20, 10:25 AM

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 10 Discussion

AkemiInoue - Mar 17, 2023

43 by Nerdason »»
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.