Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2023 3:41 AM
Apr 2021
Do I have to watch Lupin III in watch order? 
Feb 7, 2023 3:51 AM
Oct 2020
Not necessarily. Tho I’d suggest watching Part 1 first and then the first 26 episodes of part 2 just so you get to know the characters. Tho I myself started with the movie: “The First” then went on to Part 4 and then just took everything else from there at my own pace.
Feb 7, 2023 6:57 AM
Mar 2021
No, you don't have to. But don't skip Part 1 if you were thinking of doing it - it's quite good except for (IMO) the first episode.

Being directed by Hayao Miyazaki from like Episode 8 onwards will do that to a show, I guess.
Feb 7, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2021
MazeCuber said:
Not necessarily. Tho I’d suggest watching Part 1 first and then the first 26 episodes of part 2 just so you get to know the characters. Tho I myself started with the movie: “The First” then went on to Part 4 and then just took everything else from there at my own pace.

I started in a similar enough way. Started with the 1969 pilot, which 100% isn't necessary, then part one, then about five or eight episodes into a part two before I started watching the other series side by side. The characters may be the same from entry to entry, but each installment is almost entirely self-contained, so passed getting used to the characters, there's no real reason to focus on watching the series in order. To some extent, you can even watch all of the episodes out of order. just don't do this with part 4 and later, those very evidently have an overarching plot that requires them to be watched in order.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Feb 7, 2023 3:06 PM
Jul 2014
it's honestly a very deceptively accessible franchise nearly every entry be it tv series or movie can be watched without prerequisite
Feb 8, 2023 1:59 AM
Jan 2020
Definitely not. I would advise starting with whatever appeals to you most. If you want a classic, older, anime feel or if you want to see Lupin at its most iconic start with part one. If you prefer a more comedic, Loony Tunes tone then go with part two (although I’ll admit it’s not the best representation of the rest of the franchise). If you like a more modern and complex plot you should watch the recent seasons (in that case I recommend part 4). If you prefer more condensed stories then you can watch the abundance of movies. Typically the movies most popular with the fans are the best ones, and some of them, like Cagliostro, are popular even outside of the Lupin fan sphere. In short, it’s up to you! I jumped around a lot because I enjoyed some things and didn’t want to waste my time on other things. It’s a great franchise to watch with your own preferences in mind.
Feb 8, 2023 7:36 AM

Oct 2021
Nope, not at all, Lupin can be watched in any order
Feb 8, 2023 7:37 AM

Oct 2021
Gosplan14 said:
No, you don't have to. But don't skip Part 1 if you were thinking of doing it - it's quite good except for (IMO) the first episode.

Being directed by Hayao Miyazaki from like Episode 8 onwards will do that to a show, I guess.

Yeah, watching episode one first, does not leave a good first impression...
Feb 8, 2023 3:24 PM
Mar 2020
Only part 4 5 6 seem to have some sort of continuity (character wise).

Part 1/2/3 are different though. You can watch them in any order.

The movies and specials too

Imo though, just watch everything there is.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 9, 2023 4:02 AM
Apr 2021
Gosplan14 said:

I ain't skipping it. Because first I'm already on episode 20,and second because the first part of the series is too goofy I can't stop watching. But thanks for the warning though
BestWeebOTFeb 9, 2023 4:07 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 23 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 18, 2010

37 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 5, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 20 Discussion

Fronzel - Sep 4, 2012

15 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 5, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 16 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 4, 2010

17 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 15 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 22, 2012

27 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 14 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 2, 2010

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 5:46 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.