Forum Settings
Forums

Your opinion of the series (after reading some chapters) - Heiwa no Kuni no Shimazaki e

New
Jan 13, 2023 3:11 AM

Nov 2010
Spoilers may be included in this thread. Read the contents at your own risk.
Just post your opinion about the series.

As far as reading volume one, this series would belong to action genre with hard-boiled and violence tags. You can see some close quarters combats that give you the impression of modern ninja. Koukou Jihen would be similar to this series, but it's more primitive in story and art.
kuroneko99Jan 13, 2023 3:19 AM
Mar 24, 2023 5:56 PM
Dec 2021
It has the vibes of the fable can't wait for the next chapter
Apr 15, 10:34 AM
Jan 2018
Shimazaki in the Land of Peace is definitely one of those manga that really caught my eye when it came to what I was seeing out there and what I wanted to explore.

A great thing about the series is the attention to detail to the depictions and proportions of the characters, as well as the way Shimazaki sees the world in his photography and art. I think that the artist does put a lot of care when depicting other ethnicities and it’s pretty uncommon in manga specifically. I do think there are times however that it might take the reader some getting used to as the faces since it sometimes looks like there’s kind of a bobble head effect on the characters.

I think the story never really shies away from those violent depictions and atrocities as Shimazaki is undoubtedly a disturbed individual. The flashback with the mini-donuts, the girl staring back at him with a hole in her eye, and that interaction between the cafe manager and how he makes a remark about how the hot water from the onsen won’t heal his old wounds are all really great scenes.

The action and movement panels in this manga are always very clear and crisp and you get to see a lot of what’s going on and the speed and expertise you see Shimazaki navigate the various situations he gets put in.

As a reader and enjoyer of stories like this or even pieces of media similar like the Fable or Barry, I think there’s a sense of serenity or solitude that many of these characters want and much of the audience wants the characters to achieve.

This manga has a lot of potential and there’s so much that’s interesting about it overall. There’s a witness protection program that exists to watch Shimazaki’s group try to exist in a normal world as the LEL tries to track down its former defectors, a ton of sleeper agents that exist as
human landmines and those foreboding words at the end of every chapter. X days left until Shimazaki returns to the battlefield. I’m excited to see where this story might go and what the end goal of this story is supposed to be. Will Shimazaki achieve some level of redemption or is Shimazaki meant for death?

8/10

As of this review, there's only 24 chapters that have been translated in English as the other volumes are still only in Japanese.
Sep 19, 2:11 AM
Oct 2020
It was very interesting, rarely i get hook up and marathon the whole thing in a day.

I hope the story doesnt get worse or it will ruin my experience in reading it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heiwa no Kuni no Shimazaki e Chapter 34 Discussion

BlueSnow93 - Jun 30

0 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 30, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.