Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2022 7:58 PM

Jun 2022
This is not much of a debate among the community overall, but I got to wondering about the commonly cited favorites, particularly Evangelion. I saw Evangelion a long while ago and I rewatched the first episode recently and was somewhat disappointed. So then I begun to ask myself this question and came to the conclusion that I considered Macross the best mecha series, because of the character development shown which shows a balance between strong and personable and the camaraderie of people working together.

Now I ask you, the community: What is the best mecha series? Please publish your thoughts in the comment section below.
Pages_PagesAug 10, 2022 8:03 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 17, 2022 11:31 PM
Apr 2019
I prefer to categorize them within the super-robo and real-robo sections of the mech genre and choose from their respective sections the best ones. They have different things to say, usually. That said, Gundam sometimes overlaps with super-robo, especially the original and ZZ Gundam, despite creating the real-robo genre.
Join Unpleb, a chat group about animanga. We have a lot of opinions and argue a lot. Sometimes it's loads of funny, but there are long periods of unfunny, as well.

Unpleb - Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/hprTq2Vv6P
Nov 28, 2022 10:55 PM
Oct 2022
I'm pretty big on Neon Genesis Evangelian for its psychological introspection.
My background is in psychoanalysis. I mainly study Jung and Freud. So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that Anno made an anime using their ideas and added his own philosophical twist to them.

As a second place, I'd say Macross is up there due to its outstanding writing, characters and, DAMN, THAT MUSIC, oh boy! I still can't get over that theme after all these years.

Darling in the Franxx is also a pretty decent Mecha with great lessons about what it means to love. I'm surprised it's not on the list.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Is anime at its prime, past it, or have yet to reach it?

Pages_Pages - Mar 3, 2023

3 by -Xenophon- »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.