Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2022 10:18 AM
Aug 2015
F9s said:
DoubleR said:
I might be stupid, but I still don't understand what Renner tries to achieve, is her goal suppose to be clear or will be explained later?
I know she sold the kingdom for that, but what is it exactly? Immortality? Living with Climb for thousands of years? Did she ask to become a demon for that reason?
I assume so,
or else why would she go through all that trouble? Climb is already faithful to her. We know she is obsessed with him, but there got be a different reason, she already had him. She doesn't need to become a demon or something for this reason. Ains can make Climb whatever she wants,..
Were the cube she earned explained before? Or it is something we will know in the future? I think she can potentially betray Nazarick as well.

You are right on the money for Renner's goal. All she desires is simply an eternity with Climb and she would do anything for it. In the end, she got what she wanted as being a demon grants immortality.

And what about those cubes she got from Albedo?
I know why I'm uneasy with this: Her agenda/goal seems out of place/out of nowhere, and somewhat unrelated to what's happening in the story. We knew she was a psycho, but I..I don't know, I didn't expect this outcome. I expected her to rule the kingdom instead or something like that.
I mean, that's what I also like about Overlord, the world building is great, but this one doesn't connect right for some reason.
Sep 27, 2022 10:19 AM
Dec 2020
DoubleR said:
F9s said:

You are right on the money for Renner's goal. All she desires is simply an eternity with Climb and she would do anything for it. In the end, she got what she wanted as being a demon grants immortality.

I know why I'm uneasy with this: Her agenda/goal seems out of place/out of nowhere, and somewhat unrelated to what's happening in the story. We knew she was a psycho, but I..I don't know, I didn't expect this outcome. I expected her to rule the kingdom instead or something like that.
I mean, that's what I also like about Overlord, the world building is great, but this one doesn't connect right for some reason.

Wow was this show dissapointing
Sep 27, 2022 10:21 AM

May 2016
banger of a season. way better than last for sure.
when is next season?
Sep 27, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2020
Loved every second of it. The shonen perfomance especially was top notch! It should give all the shonen lovers who keep hating on this series some Food for thought, that is if they can even comprehend it XD. Best overlord season hands down. I am really going to miss it now. At least we have the movie to look forward to.
NeczyLols said:
The Disney princess singing instead of showing her slaughtering her father was top notch lolol
Ikr XD
nhc9Sep 27, 2022 10:29 AM
Sep 27, 2022 10:25 AM

Nov 2019
Can someone tell me what happened to Phillip? Coz that was pretty vague

S1 = 8/10
S2 = 9/10
S3 = 7/10
S4 = 6/10
Haunt88Sep 27, 2022 10:31 AM
Sep 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
i was going to give it a 9/10 IF it had a pog fight like S1, S2 and S3 but it dint so 8/10
then they had to make a part of the last episode a music video... 7/10, yikes
and i had it on-hold cose i wanted to see every episode at once, which i did, fml dood
Sep 27, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2020
Okay, so that ending was pretty disappointing in my opinion, and I have few problems with it:
1. Where is Zanac? Okay he is dead but where is Ains empathy? Like no way that he just left his corpse when they got that talk from prev eps. Really no chance that he is less valuable then that sadystic princess.
2. Im really mad when Ains looks like some side character when Albedo pulls the strings behind his back, I feel like Albedo have more screen time then MC xd? Also Climb is dumb af, hope that he will soon realizes how rotten is that thing he protects.
Thats all my thoughts, im really mixed now, I really liked this season but that ending is just too harsh for everything, hope that new movie will be a redemption for that ending.
Sep 27, 2022 10:33 AM
Sep 2020
overlord season 4 is the GOAT. loved climb see his his bad ending lol.
Sep 27, 2022 10:35 AM
Mar 2018
DoubleR said:
F9s said:

Those cubes are what made her a demon in the first place. IIRC to use one, she needs to gain negative karma and what better way to do so than to poison those children in the orphanage in the earlier episodes?

As for Renner's behavior, all she ever wanted was Climb. I mean she's a psycho and yandere, I can't explain it any further than that without delving deep into psychology which I'm unfortunately not knowledgeable enough about. Plus, she's never had any affinity for the Kingdom. She was shunned due to her intelligence and you can guess what years of that can do to a person.
Sep 27, 2022 10:37 AM
Apr 2022
Overlord is gone for some time now :(. Well.. it was a blast :D

Princess so happy lol
Sep 27, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2021
Already looking forward to the movie.

Noisrev said:

He most likely died after suffering at the hands of Albedo.

Sep 27, 2022 10:38 AM
Feb 2021
Noisrev said:

S1 = 8/10
S2 = 9/10
S3 = 7/10
S4 = 6/10

death is a mercy in nazarick.
Sep 27, 2022 10:41 AM
Jul 2016
Almost melancholic ending
Sep 27, 2022 10:43 AM
Feb 2021
overlord, love story of golden princess and his commoner prince.
Sep 27, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2020
Amazing anime and amazing finale
Sep 27, 2022 10:47 AM
Jul 2016
good adaptation for the amount of limited episodes it had. Renner singing was a welcome surprise at the end there which actually made me laugh from the sheer unexpectedness. I feel that having read the novel would have downsides for the anime's enjoyment since they cut out a lot but nevertheless, I enjoyed my time watching.
Sep 27, 2022 10:49 AM
Aug 2015
F9s said:
DoubleR said:

Those cubes are what made her a demon in the first place. IIRC to use one, she needs to gain negative karma and what better way to do so than to poison those children in the orphanage in the earlier episodes?

As for Renner's behavior, all she ever wanted was Climb. I mean she's a psycho and yandere, I can't explain it any further than that without delving deep into psychology which I'm unfortunately not knowledgeable enough about. Plus, she's never had any affinity for the Kingdom. She was shunned due to her intelligence and you can guess what years of that can do to a person.

Alright not sure if I remember the part with the cubes and the negative karma, I don't remember even her poisoning the children, or the orphanage at all. When she mentioned it this episode, I had no clue what she talked about.

Well, in the end, you are correct, if immortality is what she looked for, then she definitely needed Ains for that.
It was just revealed out of nowhere, but maybe a part of the build-up was skipped or something.
Sep 27, 2022 10:50 AM
Oct 2021
Well Renner is one scary bitch, she's been planning things behind the scenes since season 2.
Sep 27, 2022 10:54 AM

May 2022
F9s said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

hahahah u not helping me here but sure ill take ur word then

Just to reiterate what I said in case there's even more confusion, basically this season skipped two whole volumes (volumes 12-13), in which the content takes place between episodes 7-9. Instead, we jumped straight to volume 14, which is the rest of this season. The movie however, will cover those skipped volumes. Hopefully its clear now (or if you knew this already then sorry) but yeah, the MAL situation is confusing due to the way this season was adapted.

I haven’t watched any of the movies in this series yet. Are the first two movies part of cut content as well?
Sep 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
I dont understand why they destroy whole kingdom
Sep 27, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2019
I expected nothing less from this masterpiece. Excellent episode... Bravo.
Sep 27, 2022 11:00 AM
Mar 2018
DoubleR said:
F9s said:

Alright not sure if I remember the part with the cubes and the negative karma, I don't remember even her poisoning the children, or the orphanage at all. When she mentioned it this episode, I had no clue what she talked about.

Well, in the end, you are correct, if immortality is what she looked for, then she definitely needed Ains for that.
It was just revealed out of nowhere, but maybe a part of the build-up was skipped or something.

Its mostly stuff in the novels not mentioned in the anime, but the orphanage was shown in I believe episode 12 where we see the two caretakers thanking Renner for providing food to the children.

As for the buildup, well it is somewhat confusing in the anime but Renner has been planning this since season 2. Notice the flashbacks in this episode where Demiurge asked Ainz if he could go somewhere (this was shown in season 2 episode 10) and then we see a scene where Renner was standing by an open window as if she had just finished meeting up with Demiurge and he left through the window?

Yeah its a bit vague (due to the novels being more detailed) but the signs were there.
Sep 27, 2022 11:04 AM
Mar 2018
CHT13 said:
F9s said:

Just to reiterate what I said in case there's even more confusion, basically this season skipped two whole volumes (volumes 12-13), in which the content takes place between episodes 7-9. Instead, we jumped straight to volume 14, which is the rest of this season. The movie however, will cover those skipped volumes. Hopefully its clear now (or if you knew this already then sorry) but yeah, the MAL situation is confusing due to the way this season was adapted.

I haven’t watched any of the movies in this series yet. Are the first two movies part of cut content as well?

I believe the two previous 'movies' you mentioned are essentially a recap of the episodes condensed into movie format.
Sep 27, 2022 11:07 AM

Mar 2015
What's up with Renner? Does she have an actual goal or just batshit crazy? Maybe both?
Sep 27, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2022
F9s said:
CHT13 said:

I believe the two previous 'movies' you mentioned are essentially a recap of the episodes condensed into movie format.

Well that’s good to know because there were times I felt a little lost because I’d forgotten some things and I didn’t get around to rewatching past seasons. Anyway, I really enjoyed how brutal the fall of the kingdom was.
Sep 27, 2022 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
I had a blast with this season, it was an enjoyable adventure, kinda wish people who deserved to be saved would have been saved but this is not that kind of show, I really hope the next project to conclude the show is another anime season and not a movie, otherwise I'm sure I will never get to see the ending.
Sep 27, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2022
I'm so sad this season is over :(
Sep 27, 2022 11:15 AM
Feb 2017
best ending for this awesome anime
Sep 27, 2022 11:19 AM

Jan 2019
Loved the series finale and what an amazing season!
Sep 27, 2022 11:20 AM

Apr 2018
Mare is actually evil as hell. She was basically scared of letting people escape and failing her task. A cute small child, not in the slightest.
The whole episode was focused on Climb and Princess Renner. The king wanted both of them to escape with a secret underground path. But, as we know, Princess Renner has different kind of motives. Since the beginning of the season and probably before (can't really remember it well).
And yep, Climb sacrificing himself to save Princess Renner by fighting Ainz. He didn't manage to even scratch him which was obvious. Ainz was playing around with him. But yeah, it was obvious that he'd live on. Turns out that he'll become a demon too after some great segz with Princess Renner.

A season that felt a bit empty compared to the other seasons. It didn't have a lot of "Ainz" moments neither any great battles or fights. The story did progress quite fast and a lot. Seems like there's not enough source material for another season but we're getting a movie which might be where all the cut-out content will be displayed.

The animation was fairly good and OP/ED were decent (not as good as the previous seasons). It was great to see everyone back and their individual personalities which makes it so entertaining to watch. It's a 8.5/10 for me personally.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 27, 2022 11:23 AM

Sep 2019
Still better than average anime, but overall the worst season of Overlord ever.
It felt like checking each arc off of a checklist.
The overarching picture was missing. No love for the details imo.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Sep 27, 2022 11:24 AM
Feb 2015
This show is Masterpiece
Sep 27, 2022 11:24 AM
Apr 2012
Where are the scenes of actual mass slaughter taking place…I can’t believe they just backgrounded that shit. Should’ve been atleast 30% of the episode.

Very dissapointed.
flackSep 27, 2022 11:32 AM
Sep 27, 2022 11:26 AM

Nov 2017
that was pretty cool from the princess :)))

plz @ me
Sep 27, 2022 11:30 AM

May 2016
Yandere Demon Renner is the best Renner..... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 27, 2022 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
Hanus said:
I dont understand why they destroy whole kingdom
I think that was what our Overlord of Death asked Raeven in the very end, to prove of a point or example to the world: Do Not Go Against/Oppose Nazarick/Ainz-sama, and this is why Ainz said it was worth doing.

Ah yes, I liked the speech about death being fair to all in this unfair world.

...and the conspirators have been unmasked. Renner 90% of the time which we all know if not suspected since Season 2 and Raeven probably the last remaining 10% after the Katze Plains massacre.

Well I didn't expect the song and dance but I thought it was OK. We'll just leave her alone to her bat-shit crazy head. LOL

Are they going to salt the earth of the royal capital too or they already did?

7/10 Few actions this season but enjoyed it while it lasted.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 2011
Disney took over this episode with the damn singing

Jun 2015
Loved the ending scene. Once the yanks implode due to crushing debt and interest rate rises and the fed printing money like its Christmas. I wonder which overlord will be sitting on his throne with a burning White House in the background telling us working class how it will be ;) Love it, next season pls!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 27, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2021
There is no bad season of Overlord!
Sep 27, 2022 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
Piorunixst said:
Okay, so that ending was pretty disappointing in my opinion, and I have few problems with it:
1. Where is Zanac? Okay he is dead but where is Ains empathy? Like no way that he just left his corpse when they got that talk from prev eps. Really no chance that he is less valuable then that sadystic princess.
2. Im really mad when Ains looks like some side character when Albedo pulls the strings behind his back, I feel like Albedo have more screen time then MC xd? Also Climb is dumb af, hope that he will soon realizes how rotten is that thing he protects.
Thats all my thoughts, im really mixed now, I really liked this season but that ending is just too harsh for everything, hope that new movie will be a redemption for that ending.

1. He already acknowledged his death when the traitors brought Zanacs head and do not expect empathy to these characters as they will only show interest if it does benefit Nazarick.

2. With the big cast of characters, this is better for us to see their POV on how things work out. He is still the main reason for these side characters actions.

Climb already gave up that thought when he heard the reasoning of Renner..

And this is not a shonen hero save the world isekai... Nazarick is literally embodiment of evil so as Ainz, and he wants to take into that route as his karma level has been affected already and for the benefit of the guild.
Sep 27, 2022 11:40 AM
Jun 2015
-- Simply an amazing climax and conclusion that, in my opinion exceeds that of the other seasons -- although, the seasons prior flow more together in order to build in the conclusion of 'Overlord', season IV.

As someone who has read the manga; knowing or having an idea of what to expect in terms of plot, this episode - as with all the prior this season - never failed to capture my attention and anticipation for the events that were to follow... And perhaps, continue the "Beginning of the End", as stated in this episode.
Sep 27, 2022 11:47 AM
Jun 2020
"The Witch of the Falling Kingdom"
what an absolute amazing ending. Ever since Renner showed up on S2 I knew she will have a special role some day and here it is. It was Princess Renner idea all along to destroy the kingdom just to achieve her goal. And that musical scene gives the chills so much faqin love it. I thought the "witch" is just a metaphor but shes really is a witch

Coming from an anime only. I feel like there's a lot of skipped parts but the whole show is still intact and not lacking in any context whatsoever. Personally, they did an amazing job this season to show everything in a whole
8/10
Sep 27, 2022 12:00 PM
Sep 2021
I will wait for your next, definitely.
Sep 27, 2022 12:02 PM
Dec 2021
expected more from the last episode :(
Sep 27, 2022 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
Is it because I stopped watching anime since 2017 (previously I was a very big consumer)? Is it because Overlord has been going on for so long that I've grown tired of it? The first season had surprised me very pleasantly and although the next two were not perfect, I had a great time on some episodes.

On the other hand, this season 4 will have left me with a bitter aftertaste at each episode. Episodes without much action. Others that look like filers (I think of the whole passage with the dwarves: for what purpose?). In the end, without really understanding, the MC Ainz turned into a villain.

Except that my problem with the series is there: I'm tired of the omnipotence of Ainz and all his army (the Guardians and even the monsters). The impression that all living beings are as powerful as blades of grass. I have nothing against an imbalance of power (I rather liked the anime "Gate"), but here, it borders on the ridiculous. This episode was rather gory and bloody, but without interest. Characters die without me having the time and opportunity to get attached to them. And I lose all empathy for Ainz & Co. They are not even funny anymore. The beginning of the episode with the kid who gives herself courage before slaughtering the innocent civilians of the Kingdom. The contrast is fun, but it loses its charm. No doubt the current political context is at play.

In the end, it is as if the anime had been written by a depressed child.
Plus all the flaws of the anime itself.

In the end, it is really just an advertisement pushed to its limits, for the Light Novel. It's not the first nor the last to be an ad in disguise, but I've seen better adaptation.
Sep 27, 2022 12:08 PM
Feb 2019
Just terrible how the story unfolds

Sep 27, 2022 12:16 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent season and quite the finish here to it. Princess Renner's wish to just become a demon and stay with her guard forever was honestly disturbing considering she went as far as to defect to the Sorceror Kingdom while ensuring the other kingdom is totally taken out of the picture. Poor Climb, he has little to no clue what's going on and is being forced to stay with his psychopathic master for an eternity now.

Ainz Ooal Gown hardly held back this season and, quite frankly, that is what made this season interesting to keep up with, much like last season. Definitely liked the first half of the season more though, but the season is still getting a deserved 7/10 from me. Looking forward to the movie and the announcement of a 5th season!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2022 12:18 PM
Mar 2021
Incredible episode
Sep 27, 2022 12:19 PM
Aug 2021
Could have been more entertaining/satisfying if the actual destruction of the city was shown. Too much Climb and Renner screentime...
Sep 27, 2022 12:21 PM

Feb 2021
Wow that was a crazy ending, princess Renner finally got her moment and it was absolutely crazy.
I'm surprised Climb is still alive.

Overall this season was better than the last one, and animation was better too.

Might read the light novels in the future, but I still have a whole backlog to go through before that.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

205 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.