Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 6:49 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ending!

This OVA was very enjoyable for me, and I hope someday that it becomes more well known.

I also hope someday that the Manga gets translated, as I would love to read it.

Aug 27, 2015 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
This OVA was so good. Boxing matches were done very well. The characters were enjoyable too.

One thing I don't like is they never explained why Nozomi's brother died.
Sep 7, 2017 9:52 PM
Jun 2016
Klad said:
This OVA was so good. Boxing matches were done very well. The characters were enjoyable too.

One thing I don't like is they never explained why Nozomi's brother died.

yeah a bit disapointed in that, plus kinda would like to have seen him go to the olympics heh.
Aug 23, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2018
That was an emotional ending.

The OVA ended about 3 years before the manga, so it's probably an original ending. I heard it based the ending on the latest chapters written in the manga at the time or something like that. Maybe the manga took place during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics like the OVA took place during the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. But maybe the manga continued after what was shown in the OVA. Who knows. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to know because the manga was never scanlated. Scanlating 41 volumes of an obscure manga sound like quite an undertaking for any team but it's not something that hasn't been done before. So I have hope that maybe someday it'll be picked up.

It's certainly a more realistic expectation than the pipe dream of a complete anime adaptation more than 25 years after the manga ended. But if it was adapted into a long-running series I'd definitely watch it, that I'm sure of.

Is the story still a Touch rip-off? Maybe. There are certainly many common elements, even with some later Adachi Mitsuru mangas. So I wonder who copied who?
Jk.

For a 3-episode OVA series, I enjoyed this a lot. Yes, it's obvious that a ton of shortcuts were taken but it was still very good. I didn't watch any other boxing anime though so that probably doesn't mean much. But I didn't watch this anime for the boxing or anything like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nozomi Witches Episode 2 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Jul 6, 2015

3 by 0451 »»
Aug 22, 2022 6:51 AM

Poll: » Nozomi Witches Episode 1 Discussion

datsunvic - Jul 3, 2009

4 by 0451 »»
Aug 21, 2022 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.