Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Sometimes, you have to wonder what's going on in Philip's head.

Not much action but seeing Ainz upon his throne with that level of confidence is intimidating. Philip is kind of an interesting character though, willing to take risks to any level and trying to make a name for himself.
Aug 23, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2010
Subtitles are mixing up Holy Kingdom and Slane Theocracy, right?
What a cluster F.
Aug 23, 2022 7:28 AM

Oct 2017
Aapjuh said:
What a cluster F.

LMAO
The worst thing they could have done, everyone will be confused.
Aug 23, 2022 7:29 AM
Dec 2017
This season is very good, episodes are just flying by, even when almost nothing is happening, like in this ep.
Aug 23, 2022 7:42 AM
May 2022
Season 4 op wasn’t as good as season 1-3
Aug 23, 2022 7:43 AM

Jun 2021
The Re-Estize Kingdom is the last holdout against Ainz I guess. The Theocracy appears to have submitted to Ainz. This “Jaldabaoth” thing really turned out well. Plus the Kingdom has the princess secretly working against them. Things are looking up.

Philip’s back! With guys like Delvi and Rokerlen, no wonder Philip is getting played so hard. He really steal the food? Wow. Brilliant move Philip. Piss off Ainz, that’s turned out sooo well for everyone else that’s crossed him. It’s a bit funny Ainz thinks it’s something he might have done. I always chuckle at the “real” Ainz and the Ainz he projects. Just so vastly different. Silly Skelly! Haha.

Man, Hilma really is a shell of her former self. None of that arrogance and attitude remains. Not even a shred. They really broke her down and rebuilt her as a loyal servant. I don’t even want to know what the fruit liquor is for… but well, looks like that meeting unlocked SOMETHING in Hilma lol.

Yes Albedo, reveal the grand plan….because Ainz has no clue what it is haha. Nice one asking the important questions Shalltear! Helping Ainz save face lol. But yes, never underestimate the depths of Philip’s idiocy. But oh boy, Ainz! What are you getting yourself into!? Haha. Operation Carrot and the Stick is going global now! The Empire is gonna be rewarded and the Kingdom is gonna be utterly destroyed. Well done Ainz…? Lol

I don’t know if the king offering his head is gonna be enough. Albedo might accept and then push to have the kingdom sacked anyways. They’ve got the princess on their side and a reason to invade (flimsy but still). Why not strike now right? Ainz might not have planned it but it’s worked out well for him.
Aug 23, 2022 7:49 AM
Oct 2020
I love Demiurge overthinking. He really takes every little thing Ainz does/say so seriously.
Also someone fix the subs please. It's holy kingdom not Theocracy
Aug 23, 2022 7:51 AM

May 2010
Silent_Shadow05 said:
The Re-Estize Kingdom is the last holdout against Ainz I guess. The Theocracy appears to have submitted to Ainz. This “Jaldabaoth” thing really turned out well. Plus the Kingdom has the princess secretly working against them. Things are looking up

Its not the Theocracy that is getting food aid from Ainz, its the Holy Kingdom, they are 2 separate countries. They messed up translation of Holy Kingdom and Theocracy throughout S4.
Aug 23, 2022 7:52 AM
May 2011
Sei-oukoku = Holy Kingdom
Slaine Houkoku = Slaine Theocracy
God damn sub....
Aug 23, 2022 8:03 AM
Feb 2017
nice dialog and good plan
Aug 23, 2022 8:04 AM
Nov 2007
Aapjuh said:
Silent_Shadow05 said:
The Re-Estize Kingdom is the last holdout against Ainz I guess. The Theocracy appears to have submitted to Ainz. This “Jaldabaoth” thing really turned out well. Plus the Kingdom has the princess secretly working against them. Things are looking up

Its not the Theocracy that is getting food aid from Ainz, its the Holy Kingdom, they are 2 separate countries. They messed up translation of Holy Kingdom and Theocracy throughout S4.

Can't believe they messed it up like that. Is Holy Kingdom vassal state now and what about Dragon Kingdom and "Faceless". Are frost Dragons the dragon kingdom? Do you know why they skipped the content?
Aug 23, 2022 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
They eay they handled skipping the holy kingdom volumes (which are to be made into a movie) and so basically ignore anime-onlies sense of continuity is megalol.

They also just casually namedrop the 'Faceless' and Dragon Kingdom as if any anime-onl ywould have a clue, but they did the same with PDL back in season 2 or 3.

And still insisting on calling RHK as Theocracy is pure rofl, lol, lmao.
DEEP♂DARK♂FANTASY
Aug 23, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
Neji said:
Aapjuh said:

Can't believe they messed it up like that. Is Holy Kingdom vassal state now and what about Dragon Kingdom and "Faceless". Are frost Dragons the dragon kingdom? Do you know why they skipped the content?

Sure, because relevant volumes 12-13 will be aired as a movie. We are at volume 14 now.
DEEP♂DARK♂FANTASY
Aug 23, 2022 8:06 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was pretty good, prince Zanac is actually becoming one of my favorite characters this season, I remember in the past he felt like just another goofy fat royal, but now he's actually pretty interesting.

That post-credit scene took me by surprise there.
Aug 23, 2022 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
GEsus man they messed so fking badly in translating holy kingdom to slane, cmon crunchyroll do some damm research at least a minimum :( I really hope they fix this later as it is such a damm mess.

I really mean it, this will pretty much effect the whole understanding of the plot, they have to fix this fast.
-ShadowClaw-Aug 23, 2022 8:12 AM
Aug 23, 2022 8:09 AM

May 2010
Neji said:
Aapjuh said:

Nah the frost dragons are just a group of random dragons.

Metahun said:
They eay they handled skipping the holy kingdom volumes (which are to be made into a movie) and so basically ignore anime-onlies sense of continuity is megalol.

They also just casually namedrop the 'Faceless' and Dragon Kingdom as if any anime-onl ywould have a clue, but they did the same with PDL back in season 2 or 3.

The holy kingdom parts are in the OP tho, i do think 4 eps are way to short for that, they might end S4 on a cliff or introduction to holy kingdom and then continue it in the movie.
Tho the other movies all been recaps, doubtful they start storyline movies now.
AapjuhAug 23, 2022 8:12 AM
Aug 23, 2022 8:09 AM

May 2020
Ainz like one of those kids in group assessment who won't do a thing but still manages to get full on full and hence social credit too.

Anyways plenty of problems coming for Kingdom.
Aug 23, 2022 8:12 AM
Jul 2021
the subtitle saying wrong country who do this and who do that.

Aug 23, 2022 8:18 AM
Aug 2021
When Fluder Paradyne and The Holy Kingdom both get the wrong subs this season lol. Threw me off when I first watched this ep. They better fix.
Aug 23, 2022 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
Ainz is a gigantic brain mastermind subconsciously, I also almost missed the massive cliffhanger shown after the credits.
Aug 23, 2022 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
Oh Philip, what have you done lol

Ainz reaction in the meeting was hilarious.

Have no idea what the Faceless One is.
Aug 23, 2022 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Welp that's the end of the kingdom I guess.
Aug 23, 2022 9:04 AM
Aug 2015
I love just everytime Ains bring a discussion it ends up with "lets just kill them all" lol
Aug 23, 2022 9:09 AM

Sep 2018
Very recently finished Vol 14, and I really wanted to see that Hilma scene animated. It could have been done better, but at least it got the message across.

However, I was cringing so f*cking hard the entire episode when they kept referring to the Sacred Kingdom as the "Theocracy". The Japanese was correct, so this is all on whoever was responsible for the translation. I am so sorry for any anime-onlys, as this is a massive L that will only incite confusion.

I was already skeptical when I realized that the rest of IV would adapt vol 14 (and thus put the whole adaptation wrong chronologically - I mean, literally all they needed to do at the beginning of this episode was state that there was a timeskip!), but now that I've actually seen this episode, I don't have particularly high hopes for the rest of it. Still looking forward to seeing things from the Witch of the Doomed Kingdom animated, but I am feeling quite pessimistic about the rest of the season.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Aug 23, 2022 9:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
LMAO Phillip, I was waiting for him to make his stupid moves and now we're here, and will all that strategy it's sure gonna be tense, it's no joke with the King proposing to offer his own head for the Kingdom, but we'll see how it turns out it's kinda hard to know what Albedo will do because of how crazy she can get in these situations.
Aug 23, 2022 9:14 AM

Sep 2018
Aapjuh said:
Neji said:

Metahun said:

The holy kingdom parts are in the OP tho, i do think 4 eps are way to short for that, they might end S4 on a cliff or introduction to holy kingdom and then continue it in the movie.

"Holy Kingdom parts are in the OP"
Uh, they aren't? The OP has scenes from the Ruler of Conspiracy and Dwarven Craftsman arcs (Volumes 10 & 11), which we've already seen, and everything we haven't seen is from the Witch of the Doomed Kingdom arc (Volume 14). I literally finished reading that volume like two days ago so I can confirm this, lol. Plus, ever since they announced IV, they've also said that the Paladin of the Sacred Kingdom arc will be adapted into a movie. The official Twitter account released a promotional image featuring Neia and Remedios to promote said movie not even a week ago.
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"Arrivederci."
Aug 23, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
Aapjuh said:
What a cluster F.
Yup, should be the other way around. It certainly doesn't make sense who is dependent on Ainz's Sorcerer Kingdom.

The Holy Kingdom sure has a lot of problems, and Philips is the mastermind who's stupidity knows no bounds just because the kingdom has developed relations with Ainz's territory just so they could make a quick buck on taking advantage of the opposing side's resources. This unfortunately, triggers Albedo to recall back everyone to inform of this crime, which is very alarming. Thankfully for Hilma Cygnaeus, she got away scot-free, but that doesn't mean that she is entirely free of being at Ains's command via Albedo.

Ainz's "Carrot and Stick" plan to reform the Holy Kingdom and its useless nobles, his reaction to the meeting certainly was one of curiosity and wonder of how everyone would handle this situation. Unfortunately for Ainz, hearing how the plans to destroy the Holy Kingdom as an example of defying punishment against the Sorcerer Kingdom...is certainly hilarious.

All this time, the Holy Kingdom has been following Ainz's orders, but it's because of Philip's actions that put the entire kingdom in peril. There's only 2 ways: eliminate Baron Philip, or risk fighting Ainz and his kingdom.

Hopefully the Holy Kingdom has a better plan before the Sorcerer Kingdom strikes...which Albedo is at control.
Aug 23, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 2015
Yes! The show is getting back into the international conflict. I am enjoying that and want more of it.
Aug 23, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2010
KANLen09 said:
Aapjuh said:
What a cluster F.
Yup, should be the other way around. It certainly doesn't make sense who is dependent on Ainz's Sorcerer Kingdom.

The Holy Kingdom sure has a lot of problems, and Philips is the mastermind who's stupidity knows no bounds just because the kingdom has developed relations with Ainz's territory just so they could make a quick buck on taking advantage of the opposing side's resources. This unfortunately, triggers Albedo to recall back everyone to inform of this crime, which is very alarming. Thankfully for Hilma Cygnaeus, she got away scot-free, but that doesn't mean that she is entirely free of being at Ains's command via Albedo.

Ainz's "Carrot and Stick" plan to reform the Holy Kingdom and its useless nobles, his reaction to the meeting certainly was one of curiosity and wonder of how everyone would handle this situation. Unfortunately for Ainz, hearing how the plans to destroy the Holy Kingdom as an example of defying punishment against the Sorcerer Kingdom...is certainly hilarious.

All this time, the Holy Kingdom has been following Ainz's orders, but it's because of Philip's actions that put the entire kingdom in peril. There's only 2 ways: eliminate Baron Philip, or risk fighting Ainz and his kingdom.

Hopefully the Holy Kingdom has a better plan before the Sorcerer Kingdom strikes...which Albedo is at control.

Theocracy, holy kingdom and re-estize are 3 different kingdoms
Aug 23, 2022 9:23 AM

May 2010
Benzux said:
Aapjuh said:

Uh, they aren't? The OP has scenes from the Ruler of Conspiracy and Dwarven Craftsman arcs (Volumes 10 & 11), which we've already seen, and everything we haven't seen is from the Witch of the Doomed Kingdom arc (Volume 14). I literally finished reading that volume like two days ago so I can confirm this, lol. Plus, ever since they announced IV, they've also said that the Paladin of the Sacred Kingdom arc will be adapted into a movie. The official Twitter account released a promotional image featuring Neia and Remedios to promote said movie not even a week ago.

Sacred = Noble Holy Kingdom or Holy Kingdom

Paladin of the Sacred Kingdom = Paladin of the Holy Kingdom

And that's in the OP
Aug 23, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2015
Is it just me or was this episode rushed, it had a lot of things crammed into it and everything felt fast
Aug 23, 2022 9:24 AM
Jul 2021
Artorias_SZ said:
Hang on im still looking for it, It's a pirates life for me

Do you need a site ?
Aug 23, 2022 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
the continuous build up in a 13 episode season is a setup for a cliffhanger - hope i am wrong
Aug 23, 2022 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Almus said:
Yes! The show is getting back into the international conflict. I am enjoying that and want more of it.

Can watch real world news
Aug 23, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2016
Things are heating up! The whole episode felt like five minutes.
Aug 23, 2022 9:39 AM
May 2022
Any light novel readers here, who know what Hilma was so scared of ? My theory is, that the cockroach king sends his people down her throat and they eat her from the inside out only to be healed again, but wouldn't you have other problems after that than having a weird taste in your mouth ? Sad thing they messed up the subtitles and also the continuity is a bit messed up. No idea what those kingdoms allied with Ainz are.
Aug 23, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
I can't wait for the bloodbath that is to come next week.

Gofun said:
Any light novel readers here, who know what Hilma was so scared of ? My theory is, that the cockroach king sends his people down her throat and they eat her from the inside out only to be healed again, but wouldn't you have other problems after that than having a weird taste in your mouth ? Sad thing they messed up the subtitles and also the continuity is a bit messed up. No idea what those kingdoms allied with Ainz are.

Getting your inside eaten by roaches, then healed, to have it eaten over and over would be unfathomable for me. Let's not just leave it there.
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Aug 23, 2022 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
Gofun said:

you will not have Only the problem of the taste, there is psychology problem, the fact that they It you from inside, healing up and than repeat the process, you will go Crazy After Only the First Time, think about doing It 4-5 times
Aug 23, 2022 10:01 AM
Oct 2020
Esse final foi sensacional... Como um rei deve se colocar a frente do seu povo, usando sua própria vida por seu povo.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Aug 23, 2022 10:03 AM

Sep 2018
Aapjuh said:
Benzux said:

And that's in the OP

Yes, I read the novels and thus I am quite aware of the different translations you can have for the name of the Sacred Kingdom. However, the official English novels use "Sacred Kingdom", so that is what I am most accustomed to using. And I am saying that nothing from the Sacred Kingdom arc is shown in the OP sequence for IV. If you believe I am wrong, feel free to point out which parts of the OP sequence you think depict scenes from that arc.
"Arrivederci."
Aug 23, 2022 10:06 AM
Jun 2022
This show just gets better. Look forward every week for some ainz
Aug 23, 2022 10:11 AM

Dec 2021
Why should the head of a moron be enough to conpensate for an even bigger moron like that stupid noble?
"The Yang Sword cuts what I want to cut."

"Look, it's my victory again."
Aug 23, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2009
Still waiting for volume 13 to be released in my country, heh.
Enough has been said in this thread alone abut translators confusing holy kingdom with slane, so I'm not going to pile up as well.

As for the episode itself, well... I was having some snacks as I watched and completely forgot about them half-way through the episode. Ainz-sama having the metaverse brain to see through Philip's genius stupidity, both me and Demiurge were shocked at the same moment! Shocked, I tell you! Sasuga Ainz-sama!

One head solving this issue? Don't think so, many people in the Holy Kingdom were relying on that aid, so at the very least equal amount of heads should roll. Just to flex the power of the Sorcerer Kingdom and make even village idiots realize that pissing them off is a terrible idea.
Aug 23, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2010
Benzux said:
Aapjuh said:

And that's in the OP

Yes, I read the novels and thus I am quite aware of the different translations you can have for the name of the Sacred Kingdom. However, the official English novels use "Sacred Kingdom", so that is what I am most accustomed to using. And I am saying that nothing from the Sacred Kingdom arc is shown in the OP sequence for IV. If you believe I am wrong, feel free to point out which parts of the OP sequence you think depict scenes from that arc.

Not a scene but its post-Holy Kingdom https://i.imgur.com/CT2qnda.png, so either they are going non-chronological and turn the movie into an interlude.
Aug 23, 2022 10:24 AM
Feb 2017
Headd said:
Ainz is a gigantic brain mastermind subconsciously, I also almost missed the massive cliffhanger shown after the credits.

thanks for this, i almost missed too
Aug 23, 2022 10:29 AM
Nov 2007
-ShadowClaw- said:
GEsus man they messed so fking badly in translating holy kingdom to slane, cmon crunchyroll do some damm research at least a minimum :( I really hope they fix this later as it is such a damm mess.

I really mean it, this will pretty much effect the whole understanding of the plot, they have to fix this fast.

Can't agree more. The whole season I was waiting for Demiurges to share his plan against theocracy, but this is just crunchyroll fup. This is seriously incompetent I got to say.
Aug 23, 2022 10:30 AM

Jan 2022
Such an entertaining episode, I wonder what will happen to stupid nobles? I think I have to wait until next Tuesday.

Solid 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Aug 23, 2022 10:30 AM

Sep 2018
Aapjuh said:
Benzux said:

Not a scene but its post-Holy Kingdom https://i.imgur.com/CT2qnda.png, so either they are going non-chronological and turn the movie into an interlude.

...Yes, that is literally a scene from the Witch of the Doomed Kingdom arc, AKA volume 14. Like I had already mentioned before. This episode has 100% confirmed that they are adapting vol 14 as part of this season (though the OP sequence already told that as well to those who knew), putting things in the wrong order chronologically, while the Paladin of the Sacred Kingdom arc will be left for the movie (something which we've known for a while as well). This season won't have anything from that arc, though, as it has "already happened" behind the scenes.
"Arrivederci."
Aug 23, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2018
King offering his head? What the.
Aug 23, 2022 10:45 AM
Jun 2020
well that's quite an interesting proposition by the king...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

160 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 4:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.