Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2022 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
Like seriously, 4 chapters? That's actually impressive, and unlike Rent-a-Girlfriend it's a concept that already is saturated with actually good manga.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 14, 2022 8:48 PM
Apr 2020
lmao i tried it for fun and i already regret that
Apr 22, 2022 9:52 PM
Jun 2021
this is really interesting! i like the storyline~
Apr 29, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2021
Not gonna lie I'm loving it so far. Yall are expecting a one piece level story from a fun brain turned off boner inducing manga.
Just relax and read it or don't read
May 8, 2022 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
Revaxiph said:
Not gonna lie I'm loving it so far. Yall are expecting a one piece level story from a fun brain turned off boner inducing manga.
I don't think anyone is expecting One Piece quality from Reiji. You can enjoy anything if it has a cute anime girl in it if you were to shut off your brain. Does that make any manga like that, no matter how shit the plot might be, good? No. This manga deserves the criticism it gets. Nobody will stop anybody from reading this, but you got to admit that it's just guilty pleasure and that it's shit. Unless you really do think it's good, then... I'm really sorry and I hope you get well soon.
May 9, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
i fw the manga its enjoyable enough to read every few weeks
May 9, 2022 12:32 PM
Apr 2020
Remocracy said:
Like seriously, 4 chapters? That's actually impressive, and unlike Rent-a-Girlfriend it's a concept that already is saturated with actually good manga.
This is shit but the loli doujin's you are reading and making form threads for, you say are "just hot". Wtf man, at least have some shame, I don't disagree that this series is probably going to be shit but at least itll be hotter than the loli doujins.
May 9, 2022 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
NatsuoTheFool said:
Remocracy said:
This is shit but the loli doujin's you are reading and making form threads for, you say are "just hot". Wtf man, at least have some shame, I don't disagree that this series is probably going to be shit but at least itll be hotter than the loli doujins.
Bro people think differently when horny also why u stalking my thread history? Like I have a "horny mode" and a "normal mode"? Are my opinions invalid because I was horny?

May 9, 2022 5:14 PM
Apr 2020
Remocracy said:
NatsuoTheFool said:
Bro people think differently when horny also why u stalking my thread history? Like I have a "horny mode" and a "normal mode"? Are my opinions invalid because I was horny?
I didn't stalk your thread history, I just opened up your page and saw your recent manga updates. You say this manga is already shit, there has been 5 chapters, I would definitely say that is judging a book by its cover as well as judging based on the authors previous works. However when I call out some of your previous opinions (one could say your works) those shouldn't effect this current opinion because you were horny? How do you know the author wasn't just horny when writing rent a girlfriend? I would put money on him not being in your so called "normal mode" while he's writing these mangas.

Also have yet to see any real critisms of what the author is doing from you, your only point is saying "its shit". It's 5 chapters in, I wouldn't write it off just yet. It might also just be not for you, there is clearly a market for his work otherwise it wouldnt be published, doesnt make it "shit" its just something you dont like.
May 10, 2022 1:30 PM

Aug 2017
NatsuoTheFool said:
Remocracy said:
I didn't stalk your thread history, I just opened up your page and saw your recent manga updates. You say this manga is already shit, there has been 5 chapters, I would definitely say that is judging a book by its cover as well as judging based on the authors previous works. However when I call out some of your previous opinions (one could say your works) those shouldn't effect this current opinion because you were horny? How do you know the author wasn't just horny when writing rent a girlfriend? I would put money on him not being in your so called "normal mode" while he's writing these mangas.

Also have yet to see any real critisms of what the author is doing from you, your only point is saying "its shit". It's 5 chapters in, I wouldn't write it off just yet. It might also just be not for you, there is clearly a market for his work otherwise it wouldnt be published, doesnt make it "shit" its just something you dont like.
Bro if the author is horny he should write a hentai doujin or whatever, it’s not rocket science

May 10, 2022 2:02 PM
Apr 2020
Remocracy said:
NatsuoTheFool said:

Bro if the author is horny he should write a hentai doujin or whatever, it’s not rocket science
Don't think his work would be nearly as popular or have made him as much money if it was. At the end of the day he is doing a job and needs to make a livingl.
May 10, 2022 5:49 PM

Aug 2017
NatsuoTheFool said:
Remocracy said:
Don't think his work would be nearly as popular or have made him as much money if it was. At the end of the day he is doing a job and needs to make a livingl.
I feel like there's a point where he's not living paycheck-to-paycheck where he can take a break to improve his storytelling skills. Right now a lot of people are not going to remember him as a good storyteller.

Jun 3, 2022 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
But what can I say? I am not surprised, hahahaha, i'm still on my second chapter as of right now.

But I am quite surprised how its not gaining as much traction and I thought this manga would get.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 3, 2022 4:20 PM

Aug 2017
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
But what can I say? I am not surprised, hahahaha, i'm still on my second chapter as of right now.

But I am quite surprised how its not gaining as much traction and I thought this manga would get.
As a harem it's quite generic and there are already a bunch of harems with a incest-y dynamic that have a similar level of art (Domestic na Kanojo comes to mind)

Jun 3, 2022 5:25 PM

Sep 2015
Remocracy said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

As a harem it's quite generic and there are already a bunch of harems with a incest-y dynamic that have a similar level of art (Domestic na Kanojo comes to mind)

Hmm I don't know, should I continue reading it, or should I drop it?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 3, 2022 7:12 PM

Aug 2017
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Remocracy said:

Hmm I don't know, should I continue reading it, or should I drop it?
Probably not honestly, I'm gonna drop it myself most likely

Jun 12, 2022 11:59 PM
Sep 2015
Chill guys, we read manga for fun. There won't be any 'high quality plot, twists, and deep character development' in this manga. Clearly this manga was created for the fans of romcom and cliche things. I believe we as readers can decide which series we like, if you read this and don't like it, then just drop it and move on.

I personally found this series kinda interesting, typical romcom yes, but it's fun. One more thing, i think 5toubun has set the bar really high in romcom genre, this series clearly inspired by 5toubun..
Jul 21, 2022 9:46 PM
Feb 2021
So far I'm enjoying it more than the whole 240+ of Rent a Girlfriend combined 😑 hope reiji doesn't stretch it out and make it shit!
Aug 7, 2022 2:07 AM
Jun 2022
this is surprisingly kinda enjoyable idk
Aug 9, 2022 9:57 AM

Apr 2019
jaunis said:
Revaxiph said:
I don't think anyone is expecting One Piece quality from Reiji. You can enjoy anything if it has a cute anime girl in it if you were to shut off your brain. Does that make any manga like that, no matter how shit the plot might be, good? No. This manga deserves the criticism it gets. Nobody will stop anybody from reading this, but you got to admit that it's just guilty pleasure and that it's shit. Unless you really do think it's good, then... I'm really sorry and I hope you get well soon.

Actually yes, it does make that manga good, if that's the objective of the manga. Criticising a ecchi comedy manga with tropes under the pretext that it's a ecchi comedy manga with tropes is not criticism. It's like criticising a horror show because it was not funny enough, makes no sense. You are criticising a manga for not being something it doesn't aim to be in the first place, which is something it doesn't deserves, actually no manga deserves that

"you got to admit that it's just guilty pleasure" which was the whole point, so if it managed to do it, then the manga is good
Aug 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Apr 2020
Pyth79 said:
jaunis said:

Actually yes, it does make that manga good, if that's the objective of the manga. Criticising a ecchi comedy manga with tropes under the pretext that it's a ecchi comedy manga with tropes is not criticism. It's like criticising a horror show because it was not funny enough, makes no sense. You are criticising a manga for not being something it doesn't aim to be in the first place, which is something it doesn't deserves, actually no manga deserves that

"you got to admit that it's just guilty pleasure" which was the whole point, so if it managed to do it, then the manga is good
I suppose defining what is good or bad makes no sense in this day and age. It's all about what you enjoy. I'm sure there are people that enjoy staring at paint drying and call it a good use of their time. When I was calling this bad I meant that in terms of pacing, narrative, characters and blah-blah elitists terms, whatever. I get it, if you enjoy this piece of media then you shouldn't give a shit about any of that. I've realized that discussing what's good or bad is just a huge waste of time, my viewpoints are not and should not be viewed as absolute, neither should anyone else's. So, if it floats your boat then good for you.
Aug 10, 2022 7:24 AM

Apr 2019
jaunis said:
Pyth79 said:

I suppose defining what is good or bad makes no sense in this day and age. It's all about what you enjoy. I'm sure there are people that enjoy staring at paint drying and call it a good use of their time. When I was calling this bad I meant that in terms of pacing, narrative, characters and blah-blah elitists terms, whatever. I get it, if you enjoy this piece of media then you shouldn't give a shit about any of that. I've realized that discussing what's good or bad is just a huge waste of time, my viewpoints are not and should not be viewed as absolute, neither should anyone else's. So, if it floats your boat then good for you.

"I suppose defining what is good or bad makes no sense in this day and age." That's not what I'm saying. The problem is not calling something good or bad, the problem is calling something good or bad based on irrelevant points. Saying a mixer is bad because it can't mow your lawn makes no sense right ? It's the same here. The terms you're using are not elitists, they're irrelevant. You should rate it for what it aims to be. And if you don't enjoy what it aims to be, then that's fine, but it doesn't make the manga bad, just not for you.
Aug 10, 2022 2:08 PM

Apr 2020
Pyth79 said:
jaunis said:

"I suppose defining what is good or bad makes no sense in this day and age." That's not what I'm saying. The problem is not calling something good or bad, the problem is calling something good or bad based on irrelevant points. Saying a mixer is bad because it can't mow your lawn makes no sense right ? It's the same here. The terms you're using are not elitists, they're irrelevant. You should rate it for what it aims to be. And if you don't enjoy what it aims to be, then that's fine, but it doesn't make the manga bad, just not for you.
"Yes, well, while I agree that the pacing and the plot were terrible, I think those things are irrelevant, because I think the manga fullfilled its purpose of being a shitfest mumbo jumbo garbage! Don't you see that it was trying to be terrible on purpose? That makes it good! Because it succeeded in being terrible!" Are you actually hearing yourself? Pacing is irrelevant? You must be joking. "Rate it for what it aims to be" So you are talking about the concept here, right? Your ratings only depend on the concept of the show? Because if not then it's the execution, right? Ah, well then, I wonder how you rate the execution of a story while COMEPLETELY IGNORING PACING. Do you finally see just how ridiculous your point is? No, those 'elitist' terms are not irrelevant in any way, they are integral building blocks for any story. Just because it tries to be something doesn't mean jack shit if it's terrible at being said something. "And if you don't enjoy what it aims to be, then that's fine, but it does't make the manga bad, just not for you" Essentialy the exact same thing I said. I could't care less what it tries to be, hell, I'll watch anything as long as the story is well written. The concept shouldn't fucking matter. This is exactly what I was talking about in my very first post, the only reason why people read this garbage is because of its premise, where people self insert to feel better about themselves. That is ecchi, they are rarely ever any good.
jaunisAug 10, 2022 11:13 PM
Aug 11, 2022 1:44 AM

Apr 2019
jaunis said:
Pyth79 said:

"Yes, well, while I agree that the pacing and the plot were terrible, I think those things are irrelevant, because I think the manga fullfilled its purpose of being a shitfest mumbo jumbo garbage! Don't you see that it was trying to be terrible on purpose? That makes it good! Because it succeeded in being terrible!" Are you actually hearing yourself? Pacing is irrelevant? You must be joking. "Rate it for what it aims to be" So you are talking about the concept here, right? Your ratings only depend on the concept of the show? Because if not then it's the execution, right? Ah, well then, I wonder how you rate the execution of a story while COMEPLETELY IGNORING PACING. Do you finally see just how ridiculous your point is? No, those 'elitist' terms are not irrelevant in any way, they are integral building blocks for any story. Just because it tries to be something doesn't mean jack shit if it's terrible at being said something. "And if you don't enjoy what it aims to be, then that's fine, but it does't make the manga bad, just not for you" Essentialy the exact same thing I said. I could't care less what it tries to be, hell, I'll watch anything as long as the story is well written. The concept shouldn't fucking matter. This is exactly what I was talking about in my very first post, the only reason why people read this garbage is because of its premise, where people self insert to feel better about themselves. That is ecchi, they are rarely ever any good.

Don't try to use quotation marks if you don't know how to use them man, it's cringe. If you're gonna distord what I said, then it's not quoting anymore. And yes, you should always judge a creation for what it aims to be, a funny cliché show in that case. The show litteraly has one tag, "comedy". The show is aiming for a public, and if that public likes it, then it's good. The story is supposed to be secondary here. You said it yourself, " the only reason why people read this garbage is because of its premise, where people self insert to feel better about themselves", isn't that what it does ? Purpose served then. If the manga had a huge plot, with complex characters and huge plot twists, it would have failed that purpose. You're just creating a hierarchy between genre of shows based on which you like most, proof with you saying that "ecchi are rarely ever any good". There are good and bad ecchi, just like there are good and bad horror movies. You're basically that one guy who says every horror movie is bad because they don't like being scared. If you can't read a tag list and a synopsis, that's on you, not on the author. The author knows who he's aiming with this manga, so that's what he does. There are shows that tried to appeal to a larger audience by taking risks and mixing genres a bit and managed to do it (Highschool DxD for instance), and others failed (I'm looking at you Fairy Tail)
Aug 11, 2022 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
Pyth79 said:
jaunis said:

Don't try to use quotation marks if you don't know how to use them man, it's cringe. If you're gonna distord what I said, then it's not quoting anymore. And yes, you should always judge a creation for what it aims to be, a funny cliché show in that case. The show litteraly has one tag, "comedy". The show is aiming for a public, and if that public likes it, then it's good. The story is supposed to be secondary here. You said it yourself, " the only reason why people read this garbage is because of its premise, where people self insert to feel better about themselves", isn't that what it does ? Purpose served then. If the manga had a huge plot, with complex characters and huge plot twists, it would have failed that purpose. You're just creating a hierarchy between genre of shows based on which you like most, proof with you saying that "ecchi are rarely ever any good". There are good and bad ecchi, just like there are good and bad horror movies. You're basically that one guy who says every horror movie is bad because they don't like being scared. If you can't read a tag list and a synopsis, that's on you, not on the author. The author knows who he's aiming with this manga, so that's what he does. There are shows that tried to appeal to a larger audience by taking risks and mixing genres a bit and managed to do it (Highschool DxD for instance), and others failed (I'm looking at you Fairy Tail)
Okay, I think I understand what you are talking about now, sorry for being rude. I think you may be right about this type of manga not needing to be as well written as everything else. It made me remember why I liked things like rent a girlfriend before. A concept like this wouldn't even work if it were written well or had good characters, because then the premise wouldn't even work. I still don't like this particular manga because of the panel work and Reiji's style in general, but I think I get what you were trying to tell me. Thank you.
Aug 11, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2019
jaunis said:
Pyth79 said:

Okay, I think I understand what you are talking about now, sorry for being rude. I think you may be right about this type of manga not needing to be as well written as everything else. It made me remember why I liked things like rent a girlfriend before. A concept like this wouldn't even work if it were written well or had good characters, because then the premise wouldn't even work. I still don't like this particular manga because of the panel work and Reiji's style in general, but I think I get what you were trying to tell me. Thank you.

No problem dude. I myself had a time where I thought my taste was better than other's, that's normal and I think everyone goes through that at one point or another
Sep 19, 2022 3:04 PM
Nov 2017
It honestly hasn't even gone to shit yet, it kinda is just still going through all the girls and kinda establishing what they are gonna do. But besides that I honestly don't trust the author enough to not fumble this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi Chapter 30 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 6

0 by MegamiRem »»
Oct 6, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi Chapter 29 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 4

0 by MegamiRem »»
Sep 4, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi Chapter 28 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 4

0 by MegamiRem »»
Sep 4, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi Chapter 27 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jul 16

1 by otakukid »»
Jul 28, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Shiunji-ke no Kodomotachi Chapter 26 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 10

0 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 10, 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.