Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 20, 2022 8:38 PM

May 2021
Dude, i am so confused… but I kinda like it?

Eh, this will have to be an episode that I rewatch before next week. It was tough to follow along.

Can’t wait for more though, lol.
Jul 20, 2022 8:39 PM

May 2021
pasanoid said:
if riko is gonna take a shit every other episode this is gonna turn into a meme

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve already watched her poo twice this season. How many times will this happen before the end? Lol
Jul 20, 2022 11:02 PM

Sep 2021
A village of Hollow Creatures that use vessels as a body ? a curse that corrupt minds ? I'm feeling major Hollow Knight vibes on this place and this is not a good sign for our trio lol, Let's just hope there won't a be a boss fight as cancer as the radiance on the end of the season.

Jul 20, 2022 11:02 PM

Jun 2021
These guys don’t have the curse despite being on the 6th floor? Weird. Seems like these Hollows weren’t messing with Prushka but I guess upgrading her. I like that they called Nanachi the “nice smelling fluffy one” haha.

But man these guys are fucking creepy. Kaja wanted to strip Riko for parts like bruh. Dude mentioned they just become their desires? That’s pretty messed up. And is Meinya literally made of jelly? Little dude’s eye and butthole literally popped out and Nanachi just…popped it back in lol.

The Balancing is terrifying. Jfc. They ripped that hollow part after shredding all its stuff right in front of it. The cruelty… fucking hell man. This show sure doesn’t shy away from the dark shit. Speaking of dark shit, I can’t believe they ate that stew. Ofc Riko got sick, it had bugs swarming around it and looked like literal sewage lol.

At the end there, Faputa is the kid from the past (the narrator) isn’t she? Guess that means the hallows are the others from before.
Jul 20, 2022 11:50 PM

Jan 2022
Poor pink monster, ya shouldn't have squished the Riko's rabbit. RIP
-insert NGE meme here-
Jul 20, 2022 11:54 PM

Jan 2018
A village based on value is an interesting concept. Everything has a value, but this value is also subjective. Can't wait to see more. Also, I don't know how Nanachi's cooking managed to top green diarrhea food in bad taste.
sezbian lex
Jul 20, 2022 11:56 PM

Jan 2018
NorthmostIsle said:
Poor pink monster, ya shouldn't have squished the Riko's rabbit. RIP
Fucker literally squished Meinya to faint and tossed in on the ground. It had it coming
sezbian lex
Jul 21, 2022 12:39 AM

Mar 2018
What's with the author's obsession with butts and poop? Disgusting!

The story isn't anything of interest to me so far. Just shock value so far. Thinking of dropping this shit.
Jul 21, 2022 1:19 AM
May 2018
Hear me out.. Am I the only one who gets quite uncomfortable with the amount of anus and genital based stuff in Made in Abyss? It's why I've stopped keeping up with the manga and why I'm hesitant to keep watching the anime. It just feels like there's so much of it and a lot of it has no point to it as well, it's just thrown in there all the time. Is it just me who feels that way?
Jul 21, 2022 1:20 AM
May 2018
Alpha_Druid said:
What's with the author's obsession with butts and poop? Disgusting!

The story isn't anything of interest to me so far. Just shock value so far. Thinking of dropping this shit.

oh I literally just said something similar and then saw your comment afterwards
Jul 21, 2022 1:54 AM

May 2020
this season's already a 10/10

we finally get to see faputa
I tried avoiding made in abyss spoilers like the plague but I kept hearing that name
well cant wait for the next ep and to learn more about faputa

also, I think the little girl that the ganja squad took with them is faputa
please don't confirm or deny this
Homura24Jul 21, 2022 2:04 AM

Jul 21, 2022 1:58 AM
Nov 2016
What's up with those hollows, some of them looked like penises and anuses, even that smiling pink fuck that squished that poor creature has 1 dildo hand.

This sure was one weird as fuck episode, definitely my least favorite episode in this season.
Jul 21, 2022 2:12 AM
Oct 2012
Why "money" appears from the air?
Jul 21, 2022 2:35 AM
Nov 2016
Something is wrong with this picture, that hollow has a very peculiar shape but I can't quite put my finger on it.
He's not the only hollow with a peculiar shape.
Jul 21, 2022 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
Riko's voice acting during the scene with Meinya getting prolapsed was phenomenal.
Jul 21, 2022 4:01 AM

Oct 2016
Not saying the pink hollow deserved it, but they deserved it, though I still felt a little bad, that's how brutal that was. But Jesus Christ, this episode, this village, what the actual fuck.

That shot of Faputa was dope, but I did not expect mech man, I wonder what the story of those things are.

Poor Meinya's gonna need some ice on the eye and the butthole.
Jul 21, 2022 4:44 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
xZabuzax said:
Something is wrong with this picture, that hollow has a very peculiar shape but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Remember kids, this is what happens when you get blue balled too much, you will end up in the 6th layer and turn into a blue pp

Jul 21, 2022 7:08 AM

May 2010
xZabuzax said:

lol it's kinda weird but i thought mitty and friends from the fifth had heads that looked pretty similar.. not sure if its intended or whats the reason but for i guess one things for certain that life does start from the . xD
Jul 21, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of fucked up shit happens in this season. But for me the most terrifying part reading the manga was having the "balancing" hanging over their heads. The whole arc after its introduced I was on edge, just WAITING for one of our mains to get "Balanced"...

So hyped for faputa to finally get some screen time. Love a character that's such a weird combination of cute and absolutely terrifying.

Everyone LOVING all the poop and butt stuff this season. Don't worry there's plenty more. Not sure we'll get to the "steamed potatoes and sunshine" this season. Might have to wait 10 years for season 3. But you'll love it. Totally necessary. Our mangaka's great vision realized.
Jul 21, 2022 8:12 AM

Aug 2021
Venturing even deeper into the abyss, since - knowing that they were there, inside the sixth layer, thirsting for exploits and expertise - they should go further still; whether because they dreamed, like Riko, of the bottom of the Abyss - the deep Abyss and living hell from which only a lucky few emerged alive - and embarked on an adventure of no return; staggering from head to toe, they ended up defying, however, that enigmatic and terrible underworld they had witnessed, for each had desires enough to venture into and defy the abyss.... now, more than ever, they could not let themselves fall at such a moment.... they offered their lives there - the embodiment of courage - and became Hollows, bound to that place they could not leave even if they wanted to; all in exchange for protection and a body according to their desires, yet did they really retain their humanity?
Jul 21, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2020
davidyodo24 said:
Village of Hollow?
We need Ichigo Kurosaki asap lol

underrated comment

Bobo_al said:
Apolygon2 said:

oh yeah...

what about the nanachi thing?

she said bondrewd can see them from her eyes, but how?

Oh yeah, I’m lost about the Nanachi thing too. What does it mean to “see consciousness” and how does she have that ability? Did they ever explain it in the past season or movies?

when they fought the giant hedgehog in l4, nanachi could predict its movements based on how forcefield reacts to it in advance

FujinKami said:
A village of Hollow Creatures that use vessels as a body ? a curse that corrupt minds ? I'm feeling major Hollow Knight vibes on this place and this is not a good sign for our trio lol, Let's just hope there won't a be a boss fight as cancer as the radiance on the end of the season.

when I played hollow knight, I was thinking all the time if it was inspired by made in abyss
KuroNekoAlchemyJul 21, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Oct 2015
Bloody hell, the punishment on that Maa creature was brutal. It deserved It, however it was not a good spectacle. I guess it had it coming after hurting a cute creature like Meinya.

Anything that has flies around isn't bound to consumed by anyone, Riko learned that the hard way๐Ÿ˜„
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 21, 2022 10:32 AM

Dec 2020
Thought all that journey have ironed up Riko's physical and trusted her on all that brave and inspiring talks during the meal, caught me off guard on the next scene almost had me fall off the chair.
Jul 21, 2022 11:25 AM

Aug 2018
Not a bad episode, the creatures of the abyss really are something unusual, the CGI was pretty good too
Jul 21, 2022 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

Bobo_al said:

Oh yeah, I’m lost about the Nanachi thing too. What does it mean to “see consciousness” and how does she have that ability? Did they ever explain it in the past season or movies?

when they fought the giant hedgehog in l4, nanachi could predict its movements based on how forcefield reacts to it in advance

Not sure if it was shown in the movie but the manga shows that bondrewd can see what his narehates see... as in he can look through their eyes on a monitor. He keeps track of all of his surviving experiments as well I remember a room with lights in season 1 when nanachi and reg killed mitty the light went off and bondrewd remarked that nanachi finally found a way to free mitty.

Finally took a look at the opening and its really catchy. The action scenes especially gave me goosebumps. Looking forward to seing all of this animated. The episode itself was great as well. I was dreading to see the Meinya scene and it was rough... I still feel bad for Ma. It reminded me of a child playing with a toy a little to eagerly and breaking it in the process... I don't think it meant it...
ArkanietJul 21, 2022 11:52 AM
Jul 21, 2022 12:31 PM

Jun 2019
Man... that episode was so sad and made me feel like shit. That pink hollow didn't deserve it. The Balancing was so fucking painful to watch and brutal. I felt so bad watching that. Meinya survived and that cute pink hollow was torn apart along with his things. ;__;
Jul 21, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2021
Bruh, if Meinya had died I would‘ve thrown hands
โ˜†ๅฝก โ˜…ๅฝก โ˜…ๅฝก โ˜†ๅฝก
Jul 21, 2022 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Unholy things were done to the pink creature.
Jul 21, 2022 2:12 PM
Nov 2016
thedryness said:
Everyone LOVING all the poop and butt stuff this season. Don't worry there's plenty more

Fantastic! we have even more poop ahead of us? poopfabulous!!!
Jul 21, 2022 2:16 PM

Jun 2020
remind me to never watch this show again while eating
Jul 21, 2022 6:28 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Wow that was... disturbing. Then again, this is Made in Abyss. Sometimes I forget how low the bar is regarding what could be shown.
โ “โ ฅโ โ โ โ Šโ žโ ฝ โ žโ “โ —โ •โ ฅโ ›โ “ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ Žโ žโ ฅโ โ Šโ ™โ Šโ žโ ฝโ ‚ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ บโ Šโ ‡โ ‡ โ Žโ …โ Šโ  โ บโ โ Žโ “โ Šโ โ › โ žโ “โ ‘โ Šโ — โ “โ โ โ ™โ Ž โ โ โ ™ โ ‘โ โ ™ โ ฅโ  โ —โ ฅโ Šโ โ Šโ โ › โ Š
โ ž โ ‹โ •โ — โ ‘โ งโ ‘โ —โ ฝโ •โ โ ‘
โ Žโ “โ Šโ Šโ …โ • โ โ •โ Žโ •โ Šโ ‚ โ ผโ ƒโ ผโ šโ ผโ โ ผโ “
Jul 21, 2022 7:01 PM

Jul 2016
Side-Note: Maa-san (pink creature) is most likely a child so the reason why he squished Meinya was because he thought it was a plushie like the one he owned. He didn't have bad intentions.

So... are they gonna animate the licking toilet bit? Please don't animate the licking toilet bit.
SouthRzVaJul 21, 2022 7:04 PM
Jul 21, 2022 7:18 PM

Dec 2015
Watching this season is like walking into a dark room with a hungry tiger. Because people have told me this arc will be darker than the last one, and how on earth that is possible terrifies me.
Jul 21, 2022 7:20 PM

Oct 2018
Thank God they didn't kill Meinya, I almost died
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jul 21, 2022 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
YugureShadowmore said:
Watching this season is like walking into a dark room with a hungry tiger. Because people have told me this arc will be darker than the last one, and how on earth that is possible terrifies me.
I've seen a lot of people say this. But honestly I think ido front arc is darker than this one personally. I would say this one is weirder, grosser and maybe gorier. But reading the manga nothing topped the kids stuffed in cans in terms of pure traumatization...
Still darker than almost anything else around though...
thedrynessJul 21, 2022 7:55 PM
Jul 22, 2022 2:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
We've already gotten quite a fair share of horrific imagery even just 3 episodes in; I love it. Seeing Meiyna get squished like that was almost actually physically painful to watch though

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 22, 2022 4:40 AM

Dec 2008
Marinate1016 said:

So the Ganja stuff takes place in the past I’m guessing since the hollows princess is implied to be the little girl from their squad. Could not have been a happy ending smh

Well, there was no village at the top of the Abyss. You can see in the first episode that it was a whole forest with no buildings. Only indigenous people lived there so we are talking about many years ago.
Jul 22, 2022 5:22 AM

Feb 2014
Once again, this series knows to how to go from calm, to cutesy and funny before doing a U-turn and going full-on brutal within seconds of each other AND do it so damn well. I was really worried for poor Meinya after the pink creature squeezed it's eye and guts out, but thankfully Meinya still lives on. However, the way that the pink creature got ripped apart while it cried was also brutal. Deserved punishment in a way but not to that extent. Either way, it only makes me more concerned about how the village does its operations.

Now we have the appearance of Faputa, which has the villagers going all crazy in trying to see the rare sight of her. I think most would say the same thing, thinking that she looks very similar to the girl guide from the past and I would, too. Now it makes me wonder if the villagers here were from that group back then or not.

Hopefully these questions will be answered when the time is right. This second season has been great so far and I wouldn't be surprised to see if go down a more brutal and darker route at some point.
Meta_YoshiJul 23, 2022 2:48 AM
Jul 22, 2022 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
feels like i'm on half-life cuz of the different realm and different cultures!
5/5.

Jul 22, 2022 5:55 AM
Nov 2016
SouthRzVa said:
So... are they gonna animate the licking toilet bit? Please don't animate the licking toilet bit.

So not only will we have more poop stuff ahead of us, but we will have licking toilet scenes too? this anime has it all! an anime can't be a masterpiece without poop, buttholes, and licking toilet scenes.
Jul 22, 2022 7:08 AM

Sep 2020
My advice is not to eat while watching Made in Abyss. I learned this the hard way.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Jul 22, 2022 8:03 AM

Mar 2021
Ayo what am I looking at.
Jul 22, 2022 8:29 AM
Jul 2022
KelpRings said:
pasanoid said:
if riko is gonna take a shit every other episode this is gonna turn into a meme

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve already watched her poo twice this season. How many times will this happen before the end? Lol

i know, it's almost as though humans actually poop out the food they consume! wild....
Jul 22, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2022
lihle808 said:
Bloody hell, the punishment on that Maa creature was brutal. It deserved It, however it was not a good spectacle. I guess it had it coming after hurting a cute creature like Meinya

Anything that has flies around isn't bound to consumed by anyone, Riko learned that the hard way๐Ÿ˜„

lol it didnt get balanced because that meinya thing is 'cute'. It got balanced because the meinya thing is important to Riko. If it meant nothing to her, Maaaaa could've killed it, and no balancing would have occurred
Jul 22, 2022 8:37 AM
Jul 2022
xZabuzax said:
What's up with those hollows, some of them looked like penises and anuses, even that smiling pink fuck that squished that poor creature has 1 dildo hand.

This sure was one weird as fuck episode, definitely my least favorite episode in this season.

This was probably a top 3 all-time MiA ep
Jul 22, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2022
Silent_Shadow05 said:
These guys don’t have the curse despite being on the 6th floor? Weird. Seems like these Hollows weren’t messing with Prushka but I guess upgrading her. I like that they called Nanachi the “nice smelling fluffy one” haha.

But man these guys are fucking creepy. Kaja wanted to strip Riko for parts like bruh. Dude mentioned they just become their desires? That’s pretty messed up. And is Meinya literally made of jelly? Little dude’s eye and butthole literally popped out and Nanachi just…popped it back in lol.

The Balancing is terrifying. Jfc. They ripped that hollow part after shredding all its stuff right in front of it. The cruelty… fucking hell man. This show sure doesn’t shy away from the dark shit. Speaking of dark shit, I can’t believe they ate that stew. Ofc Riko got sick, it had bugs swarming around it and looked like literal sewage lol.

At the end there, Faputa is the kid from the past (the narrator) isn’t she? Guess that means the hallows are the others from before.

Vueko is the narrator
Jul 22, 2022 8:42 AM
Jul 2022
RioFS said:
MIA bating me with playful moments followed immediately by Meinya getting squeezed mercilessly. That was horrifying to see. Just as horrifying to see what the "Law Enforcement Agency" of Golden City did to the pink blob for disturbing the balance.

The Golden City is the 6th layer. Not the village/town. The Hollow Town is called Iruburu. It was repeated multiple times throughout the episode
Jul 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Apr 2022
Apolygon2 said:
can someone remind me were that creature came from.

It's been 3 episodes and I still can't remember.

also nanachi in episode 1 said bondrewd can see what she sees. I don't remember what's up with that either.

have you seen the 3rd movie? it was all adressed there.. Bondrewd, Prushka and Meinya - the pink animal..
Jul 22, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2016
Palme-Tree said:
xZabuzax said:

This was probably a top 3 all-time MiA ep

You say this was probably a top 3 all-time MIA episode, this episode is #3, there are 3 main characters, there are 3 movies, there are poop farts, penises, and bung-hole-looking hollows in this episode, this equals 3 in the grand scheme of things, MiA is a 3 letter word...

...coincidence? I think not!
Jul 22, 2022 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
SouthRzVa said:

So not only will we have more poop stuff ahead of us, but we will have licking toilet scenes too? this anime has it all! an anime can't be a masterpiece without poop, buttholes, and licking toilet scenes.

Yeah, the toilet shown in the episode is also a Narehate so go figure what it "values".
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.