Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2020 3:48 AM

Apr 2016
Really good volume, definitely one of my favourites in the series.

First of all we got a new update for the Azazel Cup with Vali taking a victory over Sun Wukung. Quarter finals now look like;
- Indra vs Sairaorg
- Issei vs Belial
- Vali vs either Slash/Dog or Dulio (depending on who wins their battle)

And we have to wait and see on the results for the following battles to see who progresses forward into the quarter finals as well;
- Cao Cao vs Surtr
- Typhon vs Phoenix
- Slash/Dog vs Dulio

As Vali has more of a connection to Slash/Dog, I'm expecting them to defeat Dulio. While I think Cao Cao will beat Surtr and Phoenix will beat Typhon with their new Longinus user.

The comedy in this volume was great! The result of Issei losing his perversion from "Alphecca Tyrant" gave me some laughs. Also the action was really intense too, as they faced against the Alliance of Hell.
- Sairaorg ended up defeating the transcendental/super devil Balberith.
- Verrine ended up losing stamina leading to her defeat against Rias.
- Draig and Albion took on their clones.
- Le Fay and a few others where able to defeat a Aka Manah possessed Meredith Ordinton
- And Issei and Vali took on the guys at the top Angra Mainyu and Hades.

Now to talk about other things that happened in this volume Issei was finally able to master and unlock True-Dragon Deification, While we also got several major promotions and developments.
- Issei and Vali are now considered transcendental beings a.k.a. super devils alike Ajuka, Sirzechs, Rizevim, Balberith and Verrine.
- Issei and Vali got promoted to Special-class devils a new class above Ultimate-class specifically designed to house Issei and Vali.
- Rias, Sairaorg, Seekvaira and Sona got promoted to Ultimate-class.
- Irina got promoted to Ultimate-class angel.
- Xenovia, Akeno, Kiba, Koneko, Gasper, Rosswiesse, Asia, Kuroka, Regulus, Saji, Shinra (Sona's Queen), Alvian (Seekvaira's Queen) got promoted to High-class.
- Yura, Meguri, Hanakai, Kusaka, Loup (Rugal), Bennia, Nimura got promoted to Mid-Class
- Bennia was traded to Issei by Sona as his new knight.
- Loup (Rugal) was traded to Rias by Sona as her new rook.
- Nimura was traded to Xenovia's new peerage by Sona as a pawn.
- Also Kuroka joins Xenoiva's peerage as a bishop (x2), while Xenovia made a special arrangement with Ajuka to obtain mutation pieces to make Verrine her future queen and Balberith as her future rook (x2).
- Ajuka and Zekram Bael also spoke about making Vali the next Lucifer of the Maou, while they also spoke about Sairaorg, Belial, Ingvild and Issei being possible candidates for the other Maou.

For next volume we're getting the rating game (quarter final match) between Issei and Belial, while there will be some focus on Ravel. Also it seems that Regalzeva from ExE has began the attack against the DxD (Draconic Deus) universe killing Great Red and setting himself up as the next major villain. Also it turns out that FxF (Fadiru Ferdora) is a thing now...

AkoramJul 28, 2020 5:15 AM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Sep 26, 2020 8:52 AM
Apr 2020
Honestly great volume, Probably one of my favorites. There was quite a lot that happened in this volume and looks like we got a new villain which could very much destroy the world.

Issei's harem continues to grow with him having 8 wives - Rias - Akeno - Koneko - Kuroka - Rossweisse - Irina - Xenovia - Asia

We also have a few that like him that he has yet to do anything with
Ravel (manager will become wife later on) - Kunou - Kunou's mom (can't remeber name- the big booby one with fox ears) - Le fay

Also possible candidates for Issei's harem are - Ophis - lilith - and issei's queen

All in all a very good volume and can't wait for more volumes to come out in the future to see what they do to defeat these new villians.
Mar 11, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2017
After a really boring 3rd volume, this volume did not pull its punches whatsoever, it was awesome and I love the game-changing stuff this volume had while also teasing even more stuff for the future with a great cliffhanger.

Also, fairly interested to see how Issei can progress further in his character now that he's a Special-Class Devil now along with Vali, ranked even higher than his own master Rias as well as everyone else since those two are the only ones with this rank. And Xenovia having her own peerage is dope, although man the servants she has are so damn overpowered. At least she won't be able to compete in Rating Games due to having to ask for special requests to permit Verrine and Balberith to be in her peerage, so she's still most likely going to be Issei's knight in most situations, just with more bodies to help everyone out. GG to Kuroka too for being in her peerage as well.
Apr 12, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, so Regalzeva easily dispatched Great Red. Rather disappointing since I liked the big guy.

Issei and company will have to obtain power that surpasses Ophis and Great Red. I guess Issei has the potential seeing as his body has the power of the infinite and the dreams.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
May 12, 2021 4:21 AM
Sep 2020
It's really good volume and I love it and I like to see next volumes of Azzel cup tournaments of Issei peerage
Jan 25, 2022 3:38 AM
Feb 2021
Akoram said:
Really good volume, definitely one of my favourites in the series.

First of all we got a new update for the Azazel Cup with Vali taking a victory over Sun Wukung. Quarter finals now look like;
- Indra vs Sairaorg
- Issei vs Belial
- Vali vs either Slash/Dog or Dulio (depending on who wins their battle)

And we have to wait and see on the results for the following battles to see who progresses forward into the quarter finals as well;
- Cao Cao vs Surtr
- Typhon vs Phoenix
- Slash/Dog vs Dulio

As Vali has more of a connection to Slash/Dog, I'm expecting them to defeat Dulio. While I think Cao Cao will beat Surtr and Phoenix will beat Typhon with their new Longinus user.

The comedy in this volume was great! The result of Issei losing his perversion from "Alphecca Tyrant" gave me some laughs. Also the action was really intense too, as they faced against the Alliance of Hell.
- Sairaorg ended up defeating the transcendental/super devil Balberith.
- Verrine ended up losing stamina leading to her defeat against Rias.
- Draig and Albion took on their clones.
- Le Fay and a few others where able to defeat a Aka Manah possessed Meredith Ordinton
- And Issei and Vali took on the guys at the top Angra Mainyu and Hades.

Now to talk about other things that happened in this volume Issei was finally able to master and unlock True-Dragon Deification, While we also got several major promotions and developments.
- Issei and Vali are now considered transcendental beings a.k.a. super devils alike Ajuka, Sirzechs, Rizevim, Balberith and Verrine.
- Issei and Vali got promoted to Special-class devils a new class above Ultimate-class specifically designed to house Issei and Vali.
- Rias, Sairaorg, Seekvaira and Sona got promoted to Ultimate-class.
- Irina got promoted to Ultimate-class angel.
- Xenovia, Akeno, Kiba, Koneko, Gasper, Rosswiesse, Asia, Kuroka, Regulus, Saji, Shinra (Sona's Queen), Alvian (Seekvaira's Queen) got promoted to High-class.
- Yura, Meguri, Hanakai, Kusaka, Loup (Rugal), Bennia, Nimura got promoted to Mid-Class
- Bennia was traded to Issei by Sona as his new knight.
- Loup (Rugal) was traded to Rias by Sona as her new rook.
- Nimura was traded to Xenovia's new peerage by Sona as a pawn.
- Also Kuroka joins Xenoiva's peerage as a bishop (x2), while Xenovia made a special arrangement with Ajuka to obtain mutation pieces to make Verrine her future queen and Balberith as her future rook (x2).
- Ajuka and Zekram Bael also spoke about making Vali the next Lucifer of the Maou, while they also spoke about Sairaorg, Belial, Ingvild and Issei being possible candidates for the other Maou.

For next volume we're getting the rating game (quarter final match) between Issei and Belial, while there will be some focus on Ravel. Also it seems that Regalzeva from ExE has began the attack against the DxD (Draconic Deus) universe killing Great Red and setting himself up as the next major villain. Also it turns out that FxF (Fadiru Ferdora) is a thing now...

What's the current status on the light novel? Should we be expecting a new one?
Jan 25, 2022 5:51 PM

Apr 2016
rumetherex said:

It's currently on hiatus, there won't be a new volume for quite a while.

π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Jan 26, 2022 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
Akoram said:
rumetherex said:

It's currently on hiatus, there won't be a new volume for quite a while.

Geez. I better ease down on the rate at which I'm currently reading it. I've finished 16 volumes of the main Highschool DxD light novel in the past month. After finishing the anime, I couldn't get enough so I binge watched a couple of other anime that didn't live up to expectation. "To Love-Ru" is at the top of that list lol. Any recommendations? I'd be grateful
Jan 26, 2022 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
rumetherex said:
Geez. I better ease down on the rate at which I'm currently reading it. I've finished 16 volumes of the main Highschool DxD light novel in the past month. After finishing the anime, I couldn't get enough so I binge watched a couple of other anime that didn't live up to expectation. "To Love-Ru" is at the top of that list lol. Any recommendations? I'd be grateful

I don't think I've ever found something similar to DxD beside the blunt rip-off. To Love-Ru might be your best bet honestly, though you could try Nyaruko-san, albeit different it contains some bizarre comedy.

Feb 10, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2021
Akoram said:
rumetherex said:

I don't think I've ever found something similar to DxD beside the blunt rip-off. To Love-Ru might be your best bet honestly, though you could try Nyaruko-san, albeit different it contains some bizarre comedy.
D alright man. Appreciate it.
Feb 10, 2022 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
Akoram said:
rumetherex said:

Wow. I got to think about Maou no Testament again and just realized it's kinda a rip-off to DxD lol. Didn't notice it honestly. I think I dropped it after 3 episodes. Just didn't excite me enough lol
Apr 1, 2022 3:42 AM
Apr 2022
When will volume 5 come?
Apr 1, 2022 8:22 PM

Nov 2018
2siddhesh said:
When will volume 5 come?

Maybe this year or next year, depends on Ishibumi's health
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 14, 2022 11:23 PM
Jul 2021
_cjessop19_ said:
2siddhesh said:
When will volume 5 come?

Maybe this year or next year, depends on Ishibumi's health

Any update on volume 5 please
Jun 14, 2022 11:48 PM

Apr 2016
Sheky9999 said:

From the afterword in DX7 (Mar 2022)

Thank you very much for your support. Next, I hope to release the next volume of SLASHDOG, volume 4. Furthermore, I am planning to release True DxD volume 5 after that.

Jun 17, 2022 8:14 PM

Nov 2018
Akoram said:
Sheky9999 said:

From the afterword in DX7 (Mar 2022)

Thank you very much for your support. Next, I hope to release the next volume of SLASHDOG, volume 4. Furthermore, I am planning to release True DxD volume 5 after that.

He also posted it on Twitter as well: https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/1498507875706368000

"We are also preparing a new issue of Shin High School D × D and Daten no Inugami SLASH DOG for returning. I am still undergoing treatment for my physical condition, but I will write within a reasonable range. Please wait a little longer for the new issue. "
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Apr 17, 2023 12:58 AM
Apr 2020
TemplarXIII said:
Wow, so Regalzeva easily dispatched Great Red. Rather disappointing since I liked the big guy.

Issei and company will have to obtain power that surpasses Ophis and Great Red. I guess Issei has the potential seeing as his body has the power of the infinite and the dreams.

We need to read the EX novel, that explain a lot of things, especially about Melvazoa, because the antagonist there is the UL (evie) + Loki in the future.

More topics from this board

» New sales figures for LN volumes available, also news for spin-off series

_cjessop19_ - May 2

3 by DedPanda »»
May 2, 8:54 AM

» Is it over?

Ashok_Kumar - Jul 16, 2022

3 by _cjessop19_ »»
May 2, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Shin High School DxD Volume 3 Discussion

Akoram - Jul 11, 2020

1 by animejas »»
Mar 11, 2021 4:15 PM

Poll: » Shin High School DxD Volume 2 Discussion

Akoram - Sep 11, 2019

1 by animejas »»
Mar 11, 2021 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shin High School DxD Volume 1 Discussion

Akoram - Apr 13, 2019

4 by animejas »»
Mar 11, 2021 6:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.