Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, Yuu represents an inspirational character in this show. Trying to recover from his recent injury isn't easy but seems like he's doing his best.

Bit of a slow episode but I guess they're really trying to show how far Yuu has recovered. And he even gets back on his horse. Hard work pays off!
May 14, 2022 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad Yu is doing so much better already. :)
May 14, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Of all things, Yu's former idol agency has come to the Horse Racing School as a last resort means for the CEO to force him out, and this is Yu's moment from his month-long recovery phase to prove that his future lies in being a jockey and not an idol like he used to be.

The other jockey classmates aren't waiting around for his return either: working hard to work behind the scenes and support Yu as much as they can, and that's true sportsmanship. Much of the effort is from Hayato whom dropped out of school and wants to repay for the freak accident, it's all on Yu to deliver now with the expectations of the media and audience.

Tako playsthe biggest factor here, as she's the gateway to ensuring that Yu's jockey career is the only path for him, injuries and all to overcome. This is by far the highlight up to this very point for the series, and Yu has unlocked a one-way journey into becoming a pro jockey. Good on him.

New arc starting next week, new visual:

KANLen09May 14, 2022 9:36 AM
May 14, 2022 9:58 AM
May 2018
idk i just feel sad for hayato... Dropping something you like sm is not that easy
im glad sakuraba was supporting him all the time
i wish him all the happiness

just my opinion and i don't want to start a discussion about ship, but sakuraba x hayato is cute i feel like they'd be happy having each other >< i feel the love between them ~~ but u can think anything u like about it
May 14, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
I'm confused at this episode at those flashback and fourth scene, they could have play it chronologically and not pulling a Nolanian editing. I almost thought this is episode 8.

Can anyone remind me what is the reason why Yu abandon idol and want to ride a horse? Is it anything to do with his imaginary pink horse?

Hayato quit because he has another growth spurt and push his weight beyond limit, that's harsh, you can't just help about growth spurt. I really want them to graduate together.
May 14, 2022 10:29 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I'm happy Yu is doing much better but I still hate that stupid CEO.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 14, 2022 10:42 AM

Apr 2007
Poor kid even got a facial scar from the incident. It could also be a good reminder of the determination he felt to return to being a jockey.

I'm glad we are past this part now though.
May 14, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2021
Hayato's issue was handled really well. Hope we move onto horse racing now.

May 14, 2022 11:48 AM
Feb 2021
When did arimura get the scar on his cheek??? Edit: nevermind
YuliyshiiMay 15, 2022 2:42 AM
May 14, 2022 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
Wow, this had some final episode energy! I constantly waited for something to go wrong. lol

Tako fixed things. Finally! And, even Yuu's idol friends helped. I was worried they'd cause trouble because in the OP, they show up with Saionji like they belong to her.

Oh god, Aki was blushing so hard when he was about to be interviewed by his favourite Mr. Doctor! He just got moe without any warning. haha

Hayato looked so cool when he came to pick up Yuu.

Hayato quit the school, and I am sad for him. But, he says he is not going to quit horse racing, which is confusing me. I thought you couldn't do horse racing if you were above a certain weight.

Saionji had some development. She fired Yuu.

In the post credits: the Sumeragi woman looked so much like Hayato, I thought he grew taller, and the artists decided to draw him with more feminine curves. Then, she spoke, and I was like "wait, what?" lol

In the OP, towards the end, Yuu's right side gets hidden when he's riding his horse. Guess that was their way of hiding his scar. Although, he has a very not-hidden scar in episode 1's flash forward.
May 14, 2022 9:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Welp that's how it's ended. The ceo assistant proved to be helping Yuu in the end, which make a sense more behind the return of Yuu to the horse racing school. Since all the element behind already supporting him much, to the point the audience sure would cheers him on while doing the test, there's no hope for the ceo lady to hold her money resource still on her reach. So yeah the result kinda be expected for the better of them. She also said that she would not writing off the contract penalty, either its true or just joking cause no way she had a mood to joking around. Its kinda reminds me how harsh the world of adults works played there. So, yeah, no more fooling around on the school, and better you be a money maker jockey, Yuu, for a better future!

So there you go a timeskip tease near the end. Even if it's still surprising and near sad, how the weight troubled guy still couldn't resolved his weight trouble, and just kicking himself out way too early than i anticipated. Though, with how the future unfold, they might be crossing over again there. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 15, 2022 1:07 AM

Jun 2021
I'm glad that subplot with the president is over now because I didn't really enjoy it. Looks like we're moving into a new arc starting next episode. New characters have been revealed along with a new key visual.
May 15, 2022 2:29 AM

Nov 2020
FuMomo-kun said:

Hayato quit the school, and I am sad for him. But, he says he is not going to quit horse racing, which is confusing me. I thought you couldn't do horse racing if you were above a certain weight.

I had to look this up since I was confused too, tho I was mostly confused over why there was a weight limit to begin with since non of my friends who have been riding horses had any weight limit to stay on.

If you just ride horses its not a big deal if you weight more and other sports with horses probably have higher weight limits (I've seen one article talk about 75 kg for horsebackriding, and that generally it should be max 20% of the horses weight), but in this specific sport more weight is a hindrance for the horse. He can still ride horses, just not compete as a jockey. Most people who ride horses weight more than the weight limit for jockeys, you need to be very small and stay very slim for this particular sport.

Hayato said he would continue riding horses, not that he would compete, and if he wants to there are probably other horse sports he could compete in even if he has more weight.
May 15, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2016
TheTrueRedblood said:
FuMomo-kun said:

I had to look this up since I was confused too, tho I was mostly confused over why there was a weight limit to begin with since non of my friends who have been riding horses had any weight limit to stay on.

If you just ride horses its not a big deal if you weight more and other sports with horses probably have higher weight limits (I've seen one article talk about 75 kg for horsebackriding, and that generally it should be max 20% of the horses weight), but in this specific sport more weight is a hindrance for the horse. He can still ride horses, just not compete as a jockey. Most people who ride horses weight more than the weight limit for jockeys, you need to be very small and stay very slim for this particular sport.

Hayato said he would continue riding horses, not that he would compete, and if he wants to there are probably other horse sports he could compete in even if he has more weight.

I did think it, but I got confused because they used the same Japanese word they had used when talking about horse racing. きしゅ(Kishu)
I am at least glad Hayato is going to keep riding horses since he really loves it. His arc was a bit bitter sweet.
May 15, 2022 12:10 PM

Aug 2019
I'm excited for Yu!! He did it. He can now become a jockey without the interference of the CEO. And we got a time skip. That was quickly. I wonder how they’re doing.
May 16, 2022 5:34 PM

Oct 2016
I thought Yuu's old team members from the Doctor show would be terrible towards him, but I'm glad to see them so supportive of his decision.
May 18, 2022 12:47 AM

Nov 2012
that 1 year skip man, I feel like I know this Sumeragi-sensei, cant wait for the next ep

My Candies:

Aug 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
Good to see the Idol stuff is over. Guess now it's time for Shun's character arc, huh?
Aug 25, 2022 8:40 PM
Aug 2018
the second half of this anime is about to be mid asf
Dec 18, 2022 1:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Returns the "idol"!!!!

It's a pity not to be able to enjoy the horse world more!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.