Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2022 5:45 PM

Apr 2018
Is there an anime you absolutely love but nobody has watched? Do you want to grow the cult? Do you just like recommending anime?

Well then this is the thread for you!

Ive watched over 600 anime now and im running out of things I want to watch. If you have a favourite anime you want to share that I havent seen then send it here and i'll check it out! If I go ahead and watch it i'll make sure to keep you updated with how I feel about it.

In return i'll look at your mal and offer an anime ive watched that I think you would like based on your scores, of course you don't need to watch it if you dont want to but I have faith in my ability to recommend something good.

Of course you can also watch something someone else recommended and even recommend them something if you think they'll be interested!

Theres no time limit on this, just feel free to recommend something anytime or even just have something recommended to you if theres nothing you want to suggest.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 23, 2022 5:56 PM

Apr 2018
To get things started I'd like to recommend kingdom to anyone who sees this.

The first season has terrible CGI however I guarantee if you like shounen anime at all it will quickly become one of your favourites despite that.

Its criminally underwatched so chances are you havent seen it, excluding the first 10 episodes or so its one of my favourite anime. It is getting a fourth season very soon so now's a great time to catch up!
Feb 23, 2022 5:59 PM
Apr 2021
this isnt even a recommendation im just surprised how have you seen this much anime and not watched domestic no kanojo one of the like its one of the bigger piles of hot trash out there and youve seend hdxd
Feb 23, 2022 6:00 PM

Jun 2020
I would recommend HxH if you are into shonen. The characters all have a lot of personality and depth to them. It is a longer anime but it is worth the watch. If you’re looking for an emotional anime with beautiful animation I would suggest Violet Evergarden. The mc grows so much throughout each season and the plot is unique. I really enjoyed how each episode told a heartfelt story.
Those are my two recommendations ✨
Feb 23, 2022 6:03 PM

Apr 2018
rzomunna said:
this isnt even a recommendation im just surprised how have you seen this much anime and not watched domestic no kanojo one of the like its one of the bigger piles of hot trash out there and youve seend hdxd

Ah of course ive heard of it, however im not a fan of drama anime so I chose not to watch it. The opening is a fantastic song tho.

I have watched, and disliked, scum's wish which has a very similar premise so if you liked Domestic girlfriend you'll probably like that one as well
Feb 23, 2022 6:04 PM
Aug 2020
My MAL is kinda messed up so I’m not sure if you’d watched this or not already. But I’d recommend Kinos Journey (2003). It’s one of those shows that seem to stick with you. It follows a very simple plot yet each story that is told is very complex. I highly recommend it (of course if you hadn’t already watched it) :)
Feb 23, 2022 6:08 PM

Apr 2018

Yeah ive watched HunterxHunter, definitely a fan although ive given up hope on a second season :/

I need to get around to watching violet evergarden for sure! Ive got a big queue of similar anime like that and Vivy but I just cant seem to bring myself to watch it.

Following the idea of following the mc around as they grow i'll recommend you bakuman. Its a wholesome anime about two guys wanting to become professional mangaka and their life as they follow their dream
Feb 23, 2022 6:14 PM

May 2019
Seems like we have quite a bit of overlap in our ratings. I'll try to provide the less obvious picks (Odd Taxi and Ousama Ranking are amazing, but many others will tell you that) and focus on two you may not know.

The more recent of the two is Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! I wouldn't say that series like this are normally my cup of tea. Despite being interested in the anime creation process, I'm usually not into watching anime that depict it or portions thereof. This one, however, is a solid exception. The combination of the incredibly creative animation and a central cast that just makes it so easy to root for them really set this one apart for me.

The older one is Outlaw Star, an oft overlooked classic. If you've heard of Farscape or Firefly, this has a similar feel to it, focused on a cast of colorful characters flying through space and encountering all manner of obstacles. The characters, the world they inhabit, and the abilities/special equipment that gets showcased are among my favorites and well worth the watch.
Feb 23, 2022 6:14 PM

Apr 2018
MilkOtakuSenpai said:
My MAL is kinda messed up so I’m not sure if you’d watched this or not already. But I’d recommend Kinos Journey (2003). It’s one of those shows that seem to stick with you. It follows a very simple plot yet each story that is told is very complex. I highly recommend it (of course if you hadn’t already watched it) :)

The name rings a bell but I hadn't ever properly looked at it before. It does look quite interesting and its highly rated so i'll add it to my ptw for sure! I'll make sure to let you know when I start watching it.

I like to try make my recommendations somewhat similar to the recommendation im given but I dont know too much about Kino's joruney yet so i'll play it safe and recommend Natsume's book of friends. Its about a kid who was bullied for being able to see yokai and how he slowly overcomes his loneliness.
Feb 23, 2022 6:25 PM

Apr 2018
whiteflame55 said:
Seems like we have quite a bit of overlap in our ratings. I'll try to provide the less obvious picks (Odd Taxi and Ousama Ranking are amazing, but many others will tell you that) and focus on two you may not know.

The more recent of the two is Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! I wouldn't say that series like this are normally my cup of tea. Despite being interested in the anime creation process, I'm usually not into watching anime that depict it or portions thereof. This one, however, is a solid exception. The combination of the incredibly creative animation and a central cast that just makes it so easy to root for them really set this one apart for me.

The older one is Outlaw Star, an oft overlooked classic. If you've heard of Farscape or Firefly, this has a similar feel to it, focused on a cast of colorful characters flying through space and encountering all manner of obstacles. The characters, the world they inhabit, and the abilities/special equipment that gets showcased are among my favorites and well worth the watch.

Yeah ive heard of ranking of kings and Odd taxi, I will probably end up watching the former sooner or later. I agree Eizouken doesnt sound like my cup of tea either but since we have fairly similar taste i'll have to go back and properly look at it again.

However, im most interested in your Outlaw Star recommendation. Ive never heard of it however I have watched, and enjoyed, Firefly so i'll add it to my PTW. Plus anything to make myself appear more cultured by watching older anime haha.

I'll admit I struggled trying to think of a good anime to recommend for you. In the end I decided on golden boy, which is another old anime, because while it seems silly at times it often has serious undertones which I feel you would like
Feb 23, 2022 7:06 PM
Sep 2021
I suggest higurashi no naku , everyone i asked havent watched it , its really good
Feb 23, 2022 7:11 PM

Oct 2021
GrenadeJ said:
Is there an anime you absolutely love but nobody has watched? Do you want to grow the cult? Do you just like recommending anime?

Well then this is the thread for you!

Ive watched over 600 anime now and im running out of things I want to watch. If you have a favourite anime you want to share that I havent seen then send it here and i'll check it out! If I go ahead and watch it i'll make sure to keep you updated with how I feel about it.

In return i'll look at your mal and offer an anime ive watched that I think you would like based on your scores, of course you don't need to watch it if you dont want to but I have faith in my ability to recommend something good.

Of course you can also watch something someone else recommended and even recommend them something if you think they'll be interested!

Theres no time limit on this, just feel free to recommend something anytime or even just have something recommended to you if theres nothing you want to suggest.
sonny boy .its one of the best i have seen
Feb 23, 2022 7:12 PM

Apr 2018
Scarface_X said:
I suggest higurashi no naku , everyone i asked havent watched it , its really good

I know some people who have watched it and they agree that its quite good. I know its been getting some new seasons recently as well so I might wait until its fully adapted first.

I've looked at your list and it looks like you like a fair range of anime so i'll keep it simple and recommend re:zero to you. It looks like you enjoy the isekai you've watched and re:zero is my favourite isekai of all so it should fit well.
GrenadeJFeb 23, 2022 7:20 PM
Feb 23, 2022 7:17 PM
Nov 2018
I suggest you check out the classics, and also the highlights of each season, in my suggestion list I leave 'Another' as horror classic, 'clannad' and 'kimi no wa' of romance, and 'Fumetsu no Anata e' as the great rit of last year!
Feb 23, 2022 7:19 PM

Apr 2018
RBTHE1ST said:

I do like mystery anime so I'll definitely add it to my PTW. Im actually somewhat surprised this slipped under my radar so thanks for the recommendation!

This one might is a bit more hit or miss, however I think you'd like Katanagatari. Im not exactly sure why but its what immediately popped into my head when I looked at your list. If you do end up trying it let me know if you enjoyed it our not
Feb 23, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2021
o
GrenadeJ said:
RBTHE1ST said:

I do like mystery anime so I'll definitely add it to my PTW. Im actually somewhat surprised this slipped under my radar so thanks for the recommendation!

This one might is a bit more hit or miss, however I think you'd like Katanagatari. Im not exactly sure why but its what immediately popped into my head when I looked at your list. If you do end up trying it let me know if you enjoyed it our not
ok
but one thing i will warn you first first is that sonny boy is really abstract show .its metaphors are more important than the plot so those who dont get it call it pretentious .so if you are not into that type of shows you might not enjoy it . and i will watch katanagatri
Feb 23, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
Henrique_alves said:
I suggest you check out the classics, and also the highlights of each season, in my suggestion list I leave 'Another' as horror classic, 'clannad' and 'kimi no wa' of romance, and 'Fumetsu no Anata e' as the great rit of last year!

First things first, I like your profile design it looks really cool!

I know what you mean about the classics. Ive watched a lot of them but there are a few ive just stubbornly refused to watch, mainly because im not a fan of romance or slice of life anime. I do really need to watch Fumetsu no Anata e tho, it doesnt look like something i'd usually watch but its rated so highly I definitely need to at least check it out.

You have a very wide range of 10s so I'm playing it safe and recommending Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru for you. Despite being about running its more focused on the characters and how they all interact, plus its a whole story wrapped up entirely in one season. It definitely wouldn't stand out in your list so I think you'll enjoy it.
Feb 23, 2022 7:35 PM

Apr 2018
RBTHE1ST said:
ok but one thing i will warn you first first is that sonny boy is really abstract show .its metaphors are more important than the plot so those who dont get it call it pretentious .so if you are not into that type of shows you might not enjoy it . and i will watch katanagatri

Ah I see thanks for letting me know. I did enjoy the monogatari series quite a lot and I remember that being fairly similar. That said I do watch a lot of braindead isekai so we'll have to see lol.

Glad to hear about katanagatari!
Feb 24, 2022 1:08 PM
Jul 2016
You said you were not particularily into Slice of Life/romance however I feel like we have similiraties in what we like about the animes we watch when I see which characters are in your favourites, so I will recommend you Kokoro Connect.

Its a slice of life with a touch of SF but more importantly the mood feels more mature than most series of this genre, reminding me of Oregairu my Favourite of the kind and one of my favourite anime. Plus as you are more of a LN reader than a manga enjoyer, the Light Novel goes far beyond the anime so If you were to like it, you have a decent bunch to read afterwards.
Feb 24, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2018
-Fuyuki_ said:
You said you were not particularily into Slice of Life/romance however I feel like we have similiraties in what we like about the animes we watch when I see which characters are in your favourites, so I will recommend you Kokoro Connect.

Its a slice of life with a touch of SF but more importantly the mood feels more mature than most series of this genre, reminding me of Oregairu my Favourite of the kind and one of my favourite anime. Plus as you are more of a LN reader than a manga enjoyer, the Light Novel goes far beyond the anime so If you were to like it, you have a decent bunch to read afterwards.

I watched the first two seasons of oregairu but despite making it that far I really didn't enjoy it so it reminding you of it that does put me off. The mal description reminds me of something like Kiznaiver, though I assume its done much better because Kiznaiver didnt do very well.

Looking at what ive watched that you havent, the vast majority of the good anime on that list are sports, however I see you haven't watched Golden boy and although its an older anime its probably something you'd like since its also character driven (although there's no romance).

Feb 24, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2019
GrenadeJ said:

Yeah ive heard of ranking of kings and Odd taxi, I will probably end up watching the former sooner or later. I agree Eizouken doesnt sound like my cup of tea either but since we have fairly similar taste i'll have to go back and properly look at it again.

However, im most interested in your Outlaw Star recommendation. Ive never heard of it however I have watched, and enjoyed, Firefly so i'll add it to my PTW. Plus anything to make myself appear more cultured by watching older anime haha.

I'll admit I struggled trying to think of a good anime to recommend for you. In the end I decided on golden boy, which is another old anime, because while it seems silly at times it often has serious undertones which I feel you would like

Cool, I’ll definitely have to give Golden Boy a look. Heard it’s good, just haven’t really tried it out yet.
Feb 25, 2022 2:26 AM

Jul 2017
i always recommend high score girl on these types of posts, despite us rolling it's openings quite often on amq and u already knowing it - id still suggest watching it, the art style might set you off a bit at first, but i feel like the story is totally worth it. that is if you like wholesome stories.

joshiraku is one you should look out for too, not gonna spill too many beans about it, but it's entertaining as hell for how unpopular it is.
Feb 25, 2022 2:27 AM

Jul 2017
anotherkira said:
i always recommend high score girl on these types of posts, despite us rolling it's openings quite often on amq and u already knowing it - id still suggest watching it, the art style might set you off a bit at first, but i feel like the story is totally worth it. that is if you like wholesome stories.

joshiraku is one you should look out for too, not gonna spill too many beans about it, but it's entertaining as hell for how unpopular it is.

i'd have a mouthful of romance to recommend if you'd be open for suggestions like that
Feb 25, 2022 3:24 PM

Apr 2018
anotherkira said:
anotherkira said:

i'd have a mouthful of romance to recommend if you'd be open for suggestions like that

I'm fine with not getting any more romance suggestions at the moment lol, theres loads of popular Romance anime I know about that I need to get to already. I actually do need to watch hi score girl so thats a good suggestion! I actually thought it was already on my ptw but apparently it wasnt until now, I just finished watching ajin which has similar cgi so the animation wont be a big deal.

Heres a good recommendation for you: Arakawa under the bridge. Its a comedy with some hints of romance in it but dont expect the romance in the anime to go anywhere. A more boring answer would be to recommend bakuman to you since thats the exactly the type of things you like, however arakawa is something I think you'll enjoy that you might not have found otherwise.
Mar 7, 2022 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
hi hello i would like to recommend the greatest isekai of all time, 12 Kingdoms
Mar 8, 2022 3:26 PM

Apr 2018
Gaspar445 said:
hi hello i would like to recommend the greatest isekai of all time, 12 Kingdoms

Jokes on you Gaspar I already have the 12 kingdoms on my plan to watch!
Its been at the front of my list for awhile now but you'll hear about it when I start watching it anyways.

I think you should watch silver spoon, im actually surprised you havent already watched it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ¡Prepárate para otro momento divertido con hojas de cálculo!

Gaspar445 - Oct 6

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Oct 6, 12:21 PM

» SPRING into action!

Gaspar445 - Jun 30

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Jun 30, 5:00 PM

» Easter Sunday Winter 2024 Spreadsheet

Gaspar445 - Mar 31

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » 15 minute break or elf dancing

Gaspar445 - Mar 13

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Mar 13, 8:53 PM

Poll: » regular vs diet soda

Gaspar445 - Feb 15

2 by Saeko_Busujima »»
Feb 16, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.