Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2021 7:02 AM
May 2017
I can understand why people didn't like this series because of the change from 2D animation to 3D CGi animation. Honestly though if anyone out there who has watched Code Lyoko knows that this CGI isn't bad at all, actually it's pretty damn good. The fight scenes are definitely improved as the animators can do more fluid movements compared to 2D and the Tachikoma's look awesome.

The characters are still the same badasses as ever. Although some of the new characters like Purin pissed me off with her constant affection towards Batou. Other than that the characters were great.

The way the world has changed since the previous SAC series shows how fragile the economic system can be with the new threat of the Post-Humans, which is an interesting enemy compared to previous problems like the Laughing Man and Gouda since it still concentrates on humanitarian issues. Yeah 12 episodes isn't enough for a whole story, but it was good enough to set it up.

I think fans got angry because the show was in a format it hasn't been in before, true it wasn't as good compared to the previous SAC series, but considering it was only half of a series and season 2 eventually coming I think it did well for 12 episodes. It just doesn't deserve a low score just because of its new direction in animation when other shows have done far worse with it's CGI and animations
Tyrannicswine117Feb 21, 2021 7:22 AM
Feb 22, 2021 3:03 PM

Feb 2021
The 3D animation especially the face is just terrible. It talks like a fxxking barbie doll. It reminds me of those H game animation 10 years ago and I’m quite sure illusion has done a better job than SAC 2045. I don’t mind 3D animation. Netflix has done a lot of Anime style 3D animations which I’m totally fine with them.
hohofishFeb 22, 2021 7:55 PM
Feb 23, 2021 6:31 AM
May 2017
pluginfish said:
The 3D animation especially the face is just terrible. It talks like a fxxking barbie doll. It reminds me of those H game animation 10 years ago and I’m quite sure illusion has done a better job than SAC 2045. I don’t mind 3D animation. Netflix has done a lot of Anime style 3D animations which I’m totally fine with them.
That's why I used Code Lyoko as an example considering that was a similar form of 3D CGI, but improved upon here. The lip syncing was kinda off at times, but honestly I thought this CGI was pretty solid.
Jul 8, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 2018
Tyrannicswine117 said:
I can understand why people didn't like this series because of the change from 2D animation to 3D CGi animation. Honestly though if anyone out there who has watched Code Lyoko knows that this CGI isn't bad at all, actually it's pretty damn good. The fight scenes are definitely improved as the animators can do more fluid movements compared to 2D and the Tachikoma's look awesome.

The characters are still the same badasses as ever. Although some of the new characters like Purin pissed me off with her constant affection towards Batou. Other than that the characters were great.

The way the world has changed since the previous SAC series shows how fragile the economic system can be with the new threat of the Post-Humans, which is an interesting enemy compared to previous problems like the Laughing Man and Gouda since it still concentrates on humanitarian issues. Yeah 12 episodes isn't enough for a whole story, but it was good enough to set it up.

I think fans got angry because the show was in a format it hasn't been in before, true it wasn't as good compared to the previous SAC series, but considering it was only half of a series and season 2 eventually coming I think it did well for 12 episodes. It just doesn't deserve a low score just because of its new direction in animation when other shows have done far worse with it's CGI and animations

People don’t hate it because of the CG. They hate it because it abandons what GITS is and goes all in on worthless action rather than the interesting dialogue, discussion and philosophy that the series is known for.
Jul 8, 2021 3:56 AM
Aug 2020
Yes, someone else hit it on the head here. The cg animation isn't the issue, it's not that bad. Okay it's a bit static at times, but the models aren't the worst. There were more pressing issues with direction, cinematography and oh boy, the writing... The first 4 episodes of this series are just bad.

Uninteresting, poorly explored new characters, clunky, exposition-filled dialogue... this show was off to a rough start. Thankfully it ended strong, and the second half of the season was pretty solid, so I'm hopeful for season 2.
Jul 8, 2021 4:08 AM

Jun 2016
The ghost in the shell franchise has been experiementing with new animation techniques since the first film back in 1995 so I don't hate it just because it's CGI, I hate it because the CGI is bad. There are also some aspects of the series like the main plot, the self contained episodes, the music and the character designs (although I admit they looked good on paper, they just didn't translate well into 3d) were all downgrades from the original series. And the cliffhanger ending was a bummer because it was getting kinda interesting at that point.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 8, 2021 12:32 PM
May 2017
Animaniaig said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

People don’t hate it because of the CG. They hate it because it abandons what GITS is and goes all in on worthless action rather than the interesting dialogue, discussion and philosophy that the series is known for.
Idk the whole situation does have a whole philosophical issue where the ghosts of people are becoming easier to hack and manipulate due to the increase in wars over vital resources. I feel like people didn’t pay attention to the current situation the world is in as any wrong move could result in a new world war. The fact that someone has figured out a way to easily control people’s ghosts has created a new fear for cybernetic people.
Jul 8, 2021 12:34 PM
May 2017
Berserker_Pickle said:
Yes, someone else hit it on the head here. The cg animation isn't the issue, it's not that bad. Okay it's a bit static at times, but the models aren't the worst. There were more pressing issues with direction, cinematography and oh boy, the writing... The first 4 episodes of this series are just bad.

Uninteresting, poorly explored new characters, clunky, exposition-filled dialogue... this show was off to a rough start. Thankfully it ended strong, and the second half of the season was pretty solid, so I'm hopeful for season 2.
Exposition filled dialogue has been a thing since the original SAC series.
Jul 8, 2021 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
not really, I think it received not enough hate
Jul 9, 2021 12:17 PM
Aug 2020
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Berserker_Pickle said:

Exposition filled dialogue has been a thing since the original SAC series.

Difference here is that the exposition was almost always forced, rarely ever natural. There's a difference between two people sitting down to have a conversation, and two people just spouting factoids about the world and economy. Older GiTS media usually went with the former over the latter, presting information in compelling, personal ways that told you more about the characters as well as the world. .

There was very little personality in the dialogue during those early episodes of this series; people would just say things, without giving their opinion or stance on it. That's my issue with the exposition in this series, it was just bland and clunky a lot of the time, and so impersonal.
Aug 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Jun 2013
Just finished it.
NOT a fan of CGI anime.
Having said that this show was excellent.
Glad I gave it a chance.
Looking forward to season 2.
Surprised no one's said anything about episode 7 yet...
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Aug 7, 2021 5:59 AM
May 2017
GX5000 said:
Just finished it.
NOT a fan of CGI anime.
Having said that this show was excellent.
Glad I gave it a chance.
Looking forward to season 2.
That's what I mean, everyone is so focused on the CGI that they forget about the bigger picture.
Aug 8, 2021 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
GX5000 said:
Just finished it. NOT a fan of CGI anime. Having said that this show was excellent.
Glad I gave it a chance. Looking forward to season 2.
That's what I mean, everyone is so focused on the CGI that they forget about the bigger picture.

This lifted me out of a bad funk actually...wife liked it as well so that's always good.
I get it's hard for some to accept different formats and styles but you can't always please everyone right? I used to be a 1995 purist too but the references to current people and trends blew me away...anyways...sweet dreams.
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Dec 16, 2021 10:39 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah, I agree. I mean, it's far from the best of the franchise, but I don't think it's straight-up terrible either.

The 3DCG animation didn't bother me at all, though that may just be 'cause I sat through all of Berserk 2016/17... when you hit that rock bottom, you can only go up.

If nothing else, I'm actually kinda glad that this series exists... because, at the very least, it helped wash the bad taste of the Arise series out of my mouth. I couldn't stand the thought of those titles being the last of GitS that I had seen.
Dec 17, 2021 7:10 AM
May 2017
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Yeah, I agree. I mean, it's far from the best of the franchise, but I don't think it's straight-up terrible either.

The 3DCG animation didn't bother me at all, though that may just be 'cause I sat through all of Berserk 2016/17... when you hit that rock bottom, you can only go up.

If nothing else, I'm actually kinda glad that this series exists... because, at the very least, it helped wash the bad taste of the Arise series out of my mouth. I couldn't stand the thought of those titles being the last of GitS that I had seen.
Yeah the story definitely fit the series and even the original dub VA's came back which is great. My only big issue was the new girl they introduced who was so annoying
Dec 17, 2021 7:43 AM

Apr 2018
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Yeah the story definitely fit the series and even the original dub VA's came back which is great. My only big issue was the new girl they introduced who was so annoying

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that! I love that they brought back the original English voice cast from the previous SACs after all these years. Especially Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, whose authoritative voice I find sooo sexy.

Their work for this franchise has always been super solid, and this entry was no different in that regard.
Dec 21, 2021 7:10 AM
May 2017
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that! I love that they brought back the original English voice cast from the previous SACs after all these years. Especially Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, whose authoritative voice I find sooo sexy.

Their work for this franchise has always been super solid, and this entry was no different in that regard.
It's like they never left
Feb 11, 2022 6:43 PM
Nov 2010
anyone who thinks this was good is stupid. full stop. resuscitation, revival, reminiscence, whatever... Bad.

edit: nothing personal.
Feb 18, 2022 7:27 AM

May 2015
I just hate that they're making me wait more than 2 years for the second cour, I really want to know what happened there.
Feb 18, 2022 7:40 AM
May 2017
El-Melloi said:
I just hate that they're making me wait more than 2 years for the second cour, I really want to know what happened there.
Takes time to make an anime, this is nothing compared to other show waiting times
Feb 18, 2022 8:26 AM

May 2015
Tyrannicswine117 said:
El-Melloi said:
Takes time to make an anime, this is nothing compared to other show waiting times

If you compare it to actual seasons, sure. In SAC_2045's case it just ends in the middle of the story like a split cour anime, which is what I was comparing it to.
May 9, 2022 7:29 AM
Sep 2020
I actually enjoyed the plot and i want to know what is going to happen in the next season

different from laughing man's arc this one i'm understanding what's going on.

I finished the first season of Standalone Complex and I didn't understand a thing.

actually I don't really like Ghost in the shell, I just like the aesthetics of the original movie
May 9, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2017
AshenOne65 said:
I actually enjoyed the plot and i want to know what is going to happen in the next season

different from laughing man's arc this one i'm understanding what's going on.

I finished the first season of Standalone Complex and I didn't understand a thing.

actually I don't really like Ghost in the shell, I just like the aesthetics of the original movie
Reading this hurt my brain
May 23, 2022 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
Idk about the hate other than the number being pretty acurate. I watched the movie version recently and was reminded at how good the story and premise is. The new ending they made makes the new season even more hype. I gave season 1 a 6 which is mildly positive. Ot does make me sad so many people were turned off due to style, which is stiff and bad at times, but really comes into its own in the second half of the season. Coincidently when the story picks up. Thats a reason why the blade runner show didnt pull be in since it was just another "hunter" story, premise wasnt so interesting and none of the characters were as well. I was also hoping that the team learned from SAC 2045, which they did animation wise, but not storytelling wise. I though i guess I still need to finish the Blade Runner season. Anyway Who else is hyped for SAC 2045 at least mildly?
May 23, 2022 10:31 AM
Jan 2021
Animaniaig said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

I agree for the most part, but I do think the premise is at least something interesting. I couldnt watch arise because it felt like SAC season 2 prequel stories, but as action Schlock. While SAC_2045 seems to be trying to tell something about Togusa and the current state of humanity, especially with the premise of, why are these humans so much more advanced with robot and how does that relate the global economic crisis at large. I think theres an argument there to be said that the og SAC abandons what GITS og movie is. I love SAC and the OG movie, although its been awhile since I've seen the show. The movie is like top 5 anime movie and the show is probably top 5 animated shows for me. 2045 isnt the greatest anime but it feels like a better and even cerebral continuation of GITS especially when comparing it to Arise. Tbf I've only watched the Arise 3 movie.
May 23, 2022 12:30 PM
May 2017
BASEDKILLERREAD said:
Animaniaig said:

I agree for the most part, but I do think the premise is at least something interesting. I couldnt watch arise because it felt like SAC season 2 prequel stories, but as action Schlock. While SAC_2045 seems to be trying to tell something about Togusa and the current state of humanity, especially with the premise of, why are these humans so much more advanced with robot and how does that relate the global economic crisis at large. I think theres an argument there to be said that the og SAC abandons what GITS og movie is. I love SAC and the OG movie, although its been awhile since I've seen the show. The movie is like top 5 anime movie and the show is probably top 5 animated shows for me. 2045 isnt the greatest anime but it feels like a better and even cerebral continuation of GITS especially when comparing it to Arise. Tbf I've only watched the Arise 3 movie.
Yeah the 3rd Arise film is the worst one, not a great one to start off with, considering the others are definitely more enjoyable
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Mar 2016
They should have made it for 2D only... 3D is disappointing for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 10 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

20 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.