Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 24, 2021 4:07 PM
Jul 2019
I want to know how people feel about how the three main girls act towards Lugh because personally it drives me crazy how they all have next to no personality and act overly cheerful towards Lugh. I think the show would be more interesting if they had differing personalities from eachother. Thoughts?
Nov 24, 2021 4:16 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, they do feel a bit generic to me. I don't really know what I expected anyway, it is an OP isekai harem show after all.
Nov 24, 2021 5:23 PM

Oct 2020
Usually in every isekai or harem anime we get girls with various types of dere like Tsundere, Kuudere, Dandere and Yandere. but in this anime we don't see all that, all the girl characters look the same and flat.
Nov 24, 2021 5:41 PM

Mar 2018
The fact that they all act like mindless zealots always worshiping mc is very tiring to watch... at least for me.
Nov 24, 2021 5:56 PM
Nov 2021
Neither the girls nor Lugh were given decent character traits. The anime had a good plot idea but its completely gone off the rails imo.
Nov 24, 2021 6:19 PM
Jul 2021
I think why Tarte or Talt and Maha always “worship” him because it is Lugh that was being very manipulative of their psychology. But he is being manipulative in a good way that benefits both parties. Remember Lugh explain how he ‘brainwashed’ Tarte to serve him? The somewhat similar situation applies to Maha also. Except for Dia, who Lugh had a relationship began way earlier in his life.

Tarte and Maha seems to be helpful to him in many ways too, it is not those “damsel in distress” type of harem where the girls are always in vulnerable position.

And I think Lugh’s relationship status with Tarte and Maha will soon change as Lugh is showing more and more sign of him actually caring about them as he is in an intimate relationship (in a way an assasin has romantic relationship, I think???). And they seems fine with him having all of them as his lovers so I don’t see a problem in establishing a harem here.

I’m totally fine with harem concept, but I do judge when it is “harem worthy”. And World’s Finest Assasin is in that worthy list.
Stonks
Nov 24, 2021 6:26 PM
Mar 2016
You know when I really think about it, they are indistinguishable from each other. Their whole character is having intense live and admiration for Lugh, they are all nice and really polite, they are all very capable at combat and masters in their specific field. You are right, what makes them different from each other?
Nov 24, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2020
Spipmadid said:
I want to know how people feel about how the three main girls act towards Lugh because personally it drives me crazy how they all have next to no personality and act overly cheerful towards Lugh. I think the show would be more interesting if they had differing personalities from eachother. Thoughts?
In fact, season 1 of this series was only adapted in 1 vol. Usually isekai will be adapted in 3 to 4 vol. You see, the 12 episodes of this series are only equivalent to 3-4 Episofes of another isekai series, so how can the 3 girls' individual personalities be revealed? I've read the LN, the 3 girls all have their own personalities and strengths and are distinctly different, it's just that vol 1 hasn't delved into the 3 girls.
Nov 24, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2021
They act like the MC has Harem gravity and they are sucked into it when in his presence.

I found it funny in the last episode when Maha said she wasn't fully trusting of him at first yet When he came to buy her from the orphanage she looked like she was in love at first sight.

The characters in this show are as generic and uninteresting as can be.
Nov 24, 2021 8:49 PM
Jul 2020
dabdabgoose said:
They act like the MC has Harem gravity and they are sucked into it when in his presence.

I found it funny in the last episode when Maha said she wasn't fully trusting of him at first yet When he came to buy her from the orphanage she looked like she was in love at first sight.

love at first sight doesn't mean trusting him completely.
Nov 24, 2021 8:51 PM

Jun 2021
Finally someone made a thread on this lmao
I think it's cringe af
They worship mc like he's a god or something which is a pretty common trait in isekai but still and it's one of the minor things which holds me back from giving it a 8
Nov 24, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2021
maithingochue said:
dabdabgoose said:

love at first sight doesn't mean trusting him completely.
The fact they never even shown a single scene where that could even be the case though just sounds like they slid that in there to atleast make her not seem robotic.

It's easy to say a character is like that but without showing it, is lazy character writing.
Nov 24, 2021 8:53 PM

Jun 2021
Tkit said:
The fact that they all act like mindless zealots always worshiping mc is very tiring to watch... at least for me.
It's tiring for most of the people mate rest assured
Nov 24, 2021 9:34 PM
Jun 2021
All of their personality is i love you so much master please fuck me if not for them then i think this show would be pretty decent but what can you do its a op protaganist power fantasy. Although it isnt that bad of a show just average
Nov 24, 2021 10:04 PM
Jan 2021
Spipmadid said:

Yes,It would make it more interesting, but it’s a harem what did you expect, 9 out of 10 times they have no personality
Nov 24, 2021 11:04 PM

Jan 2021
KeenanA said:
Spipmadid said:

Yes,It would make it more interesting, but it’s a harem what did you expect, 9 out of 10 times they have no personality
Half the fun of a harem is picking best girl because they are different and to me atleast it's like watching a Sport, I don't remember watching a Harem where they where all the same personality.

It's already a genre that is filled with generic writing but to take away even the differing character personalities is another level of lazy.

Nov 24, 2021 11:10 PM
Jan 2021
dabdabgoose said:
KeenanA said:

Half the fun of a harem is picking best girl because they are different and to me atleast it's like watching a Sport, I don't remember watching a Harem where they where all the same personality.

It's already a genre that is filled with generic writing but to take away even the differing character personalities is another level of lazy.

Well yeah true, there are usually atleast different character tropes like tsunderes and stuff like that, but here they are all the exact fucking same, and they aren’t even especially likeable, personally I’d say maha is best girl(: only cause she has the best character design imo
Nov 25, 2021 12:03 AM

Nov 2019
WE are here for anime tiddies, not for some cardbox-cut drawings that are missperceived as female humans beings, or girls, like Op said.
SgtBateManNov 25, 2021 12:13 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 25, 2021 12:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It's pretty annoying. It's completely fine for them to act in such a basic and borderline blind way, the problem is that this isekai seems to had been going for a more serious, darker tone than your typical isekai. Having goofy character traits (or rather, lack of any significant character traits at all), just makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

Maha and dia actually aren't TOO bad though (but still bad), it's really just tarte who really gets irritating at times

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Nov 25, 2021 3:41 AM
Dec 2020
I get what people are saying but unlike many other animes it actually goes into depth why they act like that with the whole psychological manipulation and all. It's an interesting premise which I have hope will develop further as time goes on.
Nov 25, 2021 3:48 AM

Jan 2021
Kingcatzak said:
I get what people are saying but unlike many other animes it actually goes into depth why they act like that with the whole psychological manipulation and all. It's an interesting premise which I have hope will develop further as time goes on.
When was this?
To me it sounds like a convenient character writing excuse by the author if that's true.
Nov 25, 2021 3:54 AM
Dec 2020
Lol I mean it was a pretty big aspect of the early episodes that gets mentioned by Lugh himself, it was prominent in the episode in which he discovers Tarte.
Nov 25, 2021 4:20 AM

Jan 2021
Kingcatzak said:
Lol I mean it was a pretty big aspect of the early episodes that gets mentioned by Lugh himself, it was prominent in the episode in which he discovers Tarte.
Tarte is the only one that gets the full assassin training though right? we haven't seen anything with Maha, and Dia definitely hasn't had it yet all 3 have the same personality give or take.

Not only that they act more or less the same as when you first see them, making that a convenient yet flawed reason.
Nov 25, 2021 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
dabdabgoose said:
Kingcatzak said:
When was this?
To me it sounds like a convenient character writing excuse by the author if that's true.

Ep.4

MC explained how he manipulated the girls to be indebted to him and made them royal to him. Saving Maha gave similar effect. However, His relationship with Dia is pure - there is no manipulation.
Marina2Nov 25, 2021 4:24 AM
Nov 25, 2021 5:41 AM
May 2021
Spipmadid said:
I mean, firstly they’ve been brainwashed as part of Lugh’s plan so it’s natural they would act that way towards him, but even then they both do have personalities of their own, Tarte; for instance, is cheerful and headstrong, while Maha is more calculating and calm. I think the show has done a pretty good job of conveying that
Nov 25, 2021 5:43 AM
May 2021
Ivce said:
Spipmadid said:
I agree with you 100% the way they generally act and talk feels like the were brainwashed
maybe that’s because they literally were? Like dude did you not watch the show?
Nov 25, 2021 9:01 AM
Dec 2020
Spipmadid said:

They're whole point of existence(besides dias so far) is to be tools for lugh, they don't know nor care about it.

It's the whole thing with unhealthy admiration. Also, "differing personalities" is not really necessary as long as they have a varied skill set(which is the only thing lugh is after anyway)
Nov 25, 2021 2:01 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly most of the characters are pretty bland. I'm more interested in how the plot keeps moving forward. The characters are palatable and I'm ok with that cause the plot is really interesting.
Nov 25, 2021 3:57 PM
Nov 2007
The show is garbage. The premise is interesting and that is what keeps me coming back, but after every single episode, I feel like I wasted my time, even though I skip a lot. All characters are bland and the rating is too high. This show is crap and so are all characters. The females might as well be blow up sex dolls.
Nov 25, 2021 10:58 PM
May 2021
dabdabgoose said:

hoe really called him "prince"
Nov 26, 2021 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
Haremettes gonna haremette. At least there is no tsundere, hate that archetype, specially in non-comical settings.

So far, Dia, sounds actually kinda different from Tarte and Maha.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 26, 2021 8:22 PM

Dec 2010
Wasn't it clear from Tarte's recruitment that Lugh is using her and Maha more as a means to his goals than actual potential love interests? He's still a very result driven character who sees everything as his means to the assassination lifestyle of going after the Hero (as shown by ditching his Illig Balor persona to be Lugh Tuatha De the assassin).

This is NOT going to be a popular opinion since every Isekai Harem MC needs multiple love interests, but given how cold & calculating Lugh is in picking up Tarte & Maha (because both have mana & have tragic backstories), the reason why they act like cardboard cutouts is exactly how he wants to control them. He's psychologically manipulating them to be subservient to him...and that's about it.

The author tried to show another side of both Tarte & Maha during the time he left to visit Dia, thus fulfilling (albeit just barely) the Bechdel test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bechdel_test), which makes them already better than MANY other female leads in other Isekai harem series.

The only female protagonist that stands out unsurprisingly is Dia, since she's a count princess and Lugh actually likes her, as shown by his monthly visits despite not needing to do so.
Trades46Nov 26, 2021 8:25 PM
Nov 27, 2021 2:13 AM
Apr 2014
>literally can fulfil your magic fantasies
>saved you from dying
>saved you from being raped by an old man who has already destroyed all of your friends completely

yes it makes sense to me at least how the main girls act towards MC over the span of a few years in their childhood I am pretty sure I would be sucking MCs dick as well in these scenarios. There is plenty of time for them to change as well they are all children lmfao IDK what you expect here.
Nov 27, 2021 4:29 AM

Jan 2021
nekotan7 said:
>saved you from dying
>saved you from being raped by an old man who has already destroyed all of your friends completely

yes it makes sense to me at least how the main girls act towards MC over the span of a few years in their childhood I am pretty sure I would be sucking MCs dick as well in these scenarios. There is plenty of time for them to change as well they are all children lmfao IDK what you expect here.
Dude Maha looked like she was ready to suck him off when he was in the process of buying her, at that point he had done nothing and she had very little reason to trust anyone given her history, for all she could know she was just moving to another location that could of been the same.

Watch Episode 6 again at that scene and tell me I'm wrong.
Nov 27, 2021 11:10 AM
Apr 2014
dabdabgoose said:
nekotan7 said:
>saved you from dying

Dude Maha looked like she was ready to suck him off when he was in the process of buying her, at that point he had done nothing and she had very little reason to trust anyone given her history, for all she could know she was just moving to another location that could of been the same.

your not even wrong but I just dont see why that isn't viable? Is your age, seems nicer than every other guy you have seen since being kidnapped, you know your about to get raped and pimped out any day now, every single one of the girls there was clearly wishing they were the one getting bought by him simply for the fact that he didn't appear to be a nasty old pervert in their eyes. While you can argue that she had little reason to trust anyone you can also argue she had every reason to believe that she was going to a better place. A large fraction of people would view this transaction as negative from her perspective and another large fraction would view it as positive, basically because the writer didn't take the cynical perspective you would have had were you in her shoes you just think its bad. Believing things will turn out well is what drives a lot of people you know, literally the basis for most religions.

I guess the difference is you see it as flat and one dimensional and I see it as a completely realistic mindset I can comprehend.
Nov 27, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2021
nekotan7 said:
dabdabgoose said:

your not even wrong but I just dont see why that isn't viable? Is your age, seems nicer than every other guy you have seen since being kidnapped, you know your about to get raped and pimped out any day now, every single one of the girls there was clearly wishing they were the one getting bought by him simply for the fact that he didn't appear to be a nasty old pervert in their eyes. While you can argue that she had little reason to trust anyone you can also argue she had every reason to believe that she was going to a better place. A large fraction of people would view this transaction as negative from her perspective and another large fraction would view it as positive, basically because the writer didn't take the cynical perspective you would have had were you in her shoes you just think its bad. Believing things will turn out well is what drives a lot of people you know, literally the basis for most religions.

I guess the difference is you see it as flat and one dimensional and I see it as a completely realistic mindset I can comprehend.
Given the time period and her history in that orphanage and even before it shown in episode 8 I just see it being more realistic that she should of shown some restraint atleast, she said later she wasn't fully trusting of him but really that was never shown at all at any point but would of been the most realistic sceniaro had they bothered to show that in the anime.

It wasn't like he was breaking her out of that place he was buying her thats the thing that made be annoyed most of all on her typical Harem girl reaction to it all.
Nov 27, 2021 12:23 PM
Jun 2021
i do wish that they would have had personality to and not just be talking cardboard cutouts but what do you expect its an escapist power fantasy that yes actually has a plot but deep in its core is an escapist power fantasy
Nov 29, 2021 10:15 PM

Sep 2016
I lol'd at the ones saying characters are flat because they do not fit the boring stereotypes lmao.
Good riddance.
bruh
Jan 14, 2022 12:17 AM

Aug 2017
Maha was best girl, but a good tsundere would have clobbered her probably. Can't beat a good tsundere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

228 by Ricky16 »»
Oct 7, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

111 by Code0018 »»
Sep 24, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

126 by Code0018 »»
Sep 18, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

152 by Code0018 »»
Sep 17, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

136 by zcv45 »»
Sep 16, 12:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.