Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2021 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was more about the emotional elements and attitude rather than the usual magical battles we see in the show. Nogi looked broken but she's lucky to have friends around her.

The amount of tears shed this episode proabbly eclipses the entire show so far. I just hope they can build a bright future for themselves.

Nov 12, 2021 10:27 AM

Jun 2021
Thanks for the suffering, see you next week.
Nov 12, 2021 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
Another pretty sad and heart-wrenching episode. :/
Nov 12, 2021 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was freaking devastating. Dang.
Nov 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2015
Overall, the way they adapt this whole Chikage story is very good.

But... is that how they want to rewrite and redeem Wakaba personality? By changing and sacrificing the other characters important roles and give all that roles to Wakaba? Making Wakaba seems more caring, stronger, and smarter (ok, maybe not smarter) than how she actually is? Basically repeat the case of how Horikita Suzune stole best girl Karuizawa Kei important role in Classroom of The Elite episode 8? Disgusting...

Do anyone notice something strange about Wakaba personality inconsistency? Why Wakaba seems too calm when 2 of her friend died in episode 5? Why Wakaba suddenly seems more caring and smile much more in this episode flashback?

Well, this adaptation is the newest example of
"We will not only skip part X, we will also treat part X as if it never happened or just change the person involved in the story.",
compared to the usual
"We will skip part X just by not showing it, but it still did happened and exist off-screen in the story.".

Yeah~ Wakaba is the leader, but her leadership is more about morale pillars and main brawler than the team brain!
Iyojima Anzu the white hair girl is the team brain! Without her battle plan, they might get injured or killed faster a few months before!

That training in the flashback is actually a battle royale, NOT 1 vs 1!!! And do you know who actually win? ANZU!!! And who give the diploma to Chikage? ANZU!!!
Well, I guess the production staffs are Wakaba simp that want Wakaba to get the best impression huh? I guess that's also why they didn't adapt Wakaba personal mental consultation with Anzu.

I actually almost cried when I watch the how bad roles changed, they really did my Anzu dirty huh?
Nov 12, 2021 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
Geezus christ, all the main characters literally got the SAO treatment in the worst way possible, which is funny considering both series’ LN illustrations come from the same artist.
I didn’t like the prequel LN much, but at least it had the details. I know anime will never adapt every single important part but the incarnations of the gang I knew in the novel feel like nothing but mere mouthpieces, plus Wakaba feels like anime Kirito, which isn’t good by any means.

Just how much more useless and tactless will this “sequel” continue to be?
Nov 12, 2021 5:41 PM

Jan 2017
Yuvensius said:

That training in the flashback is actually a battle royale, NOT 1 vs 1!!! And do you know who actually win? ANZU!!! And who give the diploma to Chikage? ANZU!!!
Well, I guess the production staffs are Wakaba simp that want Wakaba to get the best impression huh? I guess that's also why they didn't adapt Wakaba personal mental consultation with Anzu.

I actually almost cried when I watch the how bad roles changed, they really did my Anzu dirty huh?

I just reread NoWaYu, actually the diploma scene did come from a 1v1 tournament though the details are barren on this as compared to the Battle Royale

About the episode itself it's a so-so, I love Chikage seiyuu's performance during their clash and Wakaba's speech about how Chikage herself is a hero just like the rest was great

But then we also got omission of details such as Wakaba's exhausted self fighting the Vertexes to protect Chikage who got her hero powers revoked. This episode makes it look like Wakaba was just anaware of that lone Vertex which later ate Chikage. Also Wakaba knowing straight away that the Shinju took away Chikage's powers is just dumb, the point of NoWaYu are the heroes know zilch about the inner workings of the Taisha (it was told to her later by one of the Taisha priests in the LN)
Nov 12, 2021 6:12 PM

Feb 2017
I seriously want to drop this (as an anime only), so fast paced, badly developed characters because of the truncated shit ass adaption.
Almost no emotional moment this episode feels earned... how am i suppoused to care for them when other than chikage we've seen nothing from the rest and how they met and grew close to each other. And Even chikages development feels forced.
Nov 12, 2021 7:34 PM

Mar 2011
They butchered my favorite series.

A couple of years ago I worked for a Japanese company and our boss does not know whats going on so he keep making ridiculous decisions.

Probably the one incharge of this adaptation is the same that's why we got this sh*t.
Nov 12, 2021 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
dont think i couldve handled a whole season devoted to this arc would've been too much pain if i had more than a surface level of attachment to them all

show really turned into my weekly dose of suffering
Nov 12, 2021 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
much obliged pain and suffering...only 2 left...2 yuusha
5/5.

Nov 13, 2021 12:24 AM

Nov 2015
FragmantLemon said:

I just reread NoWaYu, actually the diploma scene did come from a 1v1 tournament though the details are barren on this as compared to the Battle Royale

About the episode itself it's a so-so, I love Chikage seiyuu's performance during their clash and Wakaba's speech about how Chikage herself is a hero just like the rest was great

But then we also got omission of details such as Wakaba's exhausted self fighting the Vertexes to protect Chikage who got her hero powers revoked. This episode makes it look like Wakaba was just anaware of that lone Vertex which later ate Chikage. Also Wakaba knowing straight away that the Shinju took away Chikage's powers is just dumb, the point of NoWaYu are the heroes know zilch about the inner workings of the Taisha (it was told to her later by one of the Taisha priests in the LN)

Just to make sure before I continue, we are talking about chapter 12 right?
If yes, let's go.

The battle royale may look like 1 vs 1, but that only happened for a shot time, because soon after the 1 vs 1 fight start, 1 more person join and make it 1 vs 2 (Wakaba is just too strong for a 1 vs 1 lol).
1. Yuuna vs Wakaba, Chikage hide in bushes planning to ambush the winner for easy win.
2. Wakaba almost defeat Yuuna, Chikage abandoned her initial plan and join to help Yuuna (well, she really love Yuuna lol).
3. Tamako also join Yuuna and Chikage to ganging up on Wakaba, making the initial 1 vs 2 fight into 1 vs 3 fight.
4. Wakaba defeat Chikage first and Yuuna after, Tamako run away using Joestar secret technique: Nigerundayo! Wakaba chase Tamako.
5. Wakaba ask Hinata where is Anzu, Hinata say Tamako already defeat Anzu.
6. Wakaba fight Tamako in 1 vs 1, suddenly an arrow hit wakaba hand followed by Tamako attack.
7. Anzu is actually still in the game! Anzu bribed Hinata with Wakaba photos before the battle royale! Hinata betrayal! Anzu X Tamako alliance win!!!
8. Wakaba admit defeat and surrender, Anzu hit Tamako with an arrow on the head! The allianze collapsed! What a savage betrayal!! Anzu win!
Damn, this is super exciting to write. if only they can allocated ~2 minutes for this scene... . Well, it's already too late.

Yeah, at some point, everything turn into 1 vs 3 lol. With 1 vs 1(+1) deception works perfectly against Wakaba.
YuvensiusNov 13, 2021 12:28 AM
Nov 13, 2021 12:40 AM
Jan 2018
Considering the amount of attachment I have to Chikage, this episode was tragic. I liked how they didn't do Chikage dirty by showing most of the scenes leading up to her death compared to Tama and Anzu. Honestly I really pity Chikage for all the struggles she had. She just wanted to be accepted and loved, and the hero system did her no favor by making her more mentally unstable. The final scene where Wakaba was by Chikage's side on her deathbed(though not really on a bed) could either mean 2 things. One was that Chikage made Wakaba realize how precious Yuna was to Chikage and Chikage's words to Wakaba made her realize that despite Chikage's jealousy, she still treated Wakaba as a friend. The other theory I have is that beneath Wakaba's strong face while in front of people, she's actually quite soft on the inside and deeply cares for her friends. So Chikage's sacrifice was a shock for Wakaba which greatly affected her.

In any case, I'll be off now crying that my favorite character has died and that RNG has repeatedly screwed me over by not giving me Chikage's UR in the game.
Nov 13, 2021 1:53 AM

Jan 2017
Yuvensius said:

Just to make sure before I continue, we are talking about chapter 12 right?
If yes, let's go.

No it's not chapter 12 lmao, it's near the end of chapter 17. Again, there's barely any details of this and the anime adapted it fully
Nov 13, 2021 7:11 AM

Oct 2007
sad end for Gun-chan, her mind became messed up but managed to do good before dying.

last 2 heroes vs an army of vertex.. looks like the next episode will be a suicide mission.

Nogi is a good leader, she's just facing things beyond her control.
Nov 13, 2021 10:35 AM

Dec 2015
I'm surprised Gods didn't revoke her power until that very moment. Guess they wanted Gun-chan to redeem herself before completely writing her off. The girls see what she was going through at home and then to find the only thing not damaged is the diploma they gave her T_T.

Nov 14, 2021 4:03 AM

Jun 2016
so much sadness holy fuckkk !!

this series is full of despair but that is why this series at same time really good !!
Nov 14, 2021 12:29 PM

Apr 2008
I've not read the source material, but you can feel the issues in moments like when they discover the diploma and then have to flashback to the meaning. The sad moments aren't exactly poorly done, but they lack the foundation of the characters to make them hit right.
Nov 16, 2021 5:08 AM

May 2019
Anime-only here, and it seems very good so far, the emotions were well delivered.

Funny how the butthurt novel readers bitching make no sense to anime-only, you guys lack the comprehension of what "Adaptation" is.

A bad adaptation is not "omg they are not respecting all the details of the source".

Fuc* the source, what matter is how the story is being told in the animation itself.
Nov 16, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2021
Rob7 said:
Anime-only here, and it seems very good so far, the emotions were well delivered.

Funny how the butthurt novel readers bitching make no sense to anime-only, you guys lack the comprehension of what "Adaptation" is.

A bad adaptation is not "omg they are not respecting all the details of the source".

Fuc* the source, what matter is how the story is being told in the animation itself.
Anime-only here, this is a shockingly terrible season so far. Barely an characterization and an insanely rushed plot. This has downright the worst pacing I've ever seen. Can't care about any of these characters because we have no time with them before they are killed off. There is a hilarious reliance on flashbacks and narration to patch together this story. The sentinel bits were the best parts so far but ended abruptly.

It honestly seems like YuYuYu is going the way of generic dark magical girl anime of shock value and violence, an absolute shame since YuYuYu's very reserved nature really made it stand out.
Dec 9, 2021 2:59 AM
Sep 2015
So were they five or six heroes?
Cause they used both numbers in this episode.

That Hinata girl is not a hero, right? I remember she was frozen in time when Chikage was fighting Wakaba.
Feb 5, 2022 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
Chikage's clones not attacking Wakaba while the two were clashing blades & talking is so very dumb i'm having trouble finding correct words in English to describe it. This is the worst kind of action/battle scene direction - the one where combatant's abilities are ignored in favor of script convenience.

JOELbedulla said:

That Hinata girl is not a hero, right? I remember she was frozen in time when Chikage was fighting Wakaba.

Yes, Hinata is a miko just like Aya from the Sentinel group, and, like Aya, she is considered part of the team, therefore 5 heroes + 1 Hinata = 6.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 7, 2022 2:36 AM
Sep 2015
Genoard said:
JOELbedulla said:

Yes, Hinata is a miko just like Aya from the Sentinel group, and, like Aya, she is considered part of the team, therefore 5 heroes + 1 Hinata = 6.

I see, thank you for explaining!
Mar 21, 2022 5:39 PM

Feb 2019
Nah bro there’s something legitimately wrong with me because I find it sexy af when a quiet female character ends up snapping and having a mental breakdown. Shit is so sexy to me. I love broken women. Chikage is a perfect example. She deserved better. As usual these shows kill off best girl
Sep 27, 2022 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
Chikage reverted. She's down.
Chikage saved Wakaba.
She got hit by Vertex-kun.
No arm. Dat blood.
Chikage is dead.
Dat diploma.
Dat speech.
Dat ending.

Glad Chikage's dad left. He was clearly heart broken that the scumbag mother of his child was cheating on him. Her coming back to live with him was making him go crazy. I hope he heals from the pain one day. I'll miss Chikage. Her crazy faces were hot.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 4, 2023 8:43 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Yuvensius
Overall, the way they adapt this whole Chikage story is very good.

But... is that how they want to rewrite and redeem Wakaba personality? By changing and sacrificing the other characters important roles and give all that roles to Wakaba? Making Wakaba seems more caring, stronger, and smarter (ok, maybe not smarter) than how she actually is? Basically repeat the case of how Horikita Suzune stole best girl Karuizawa Kei important role in Classroom of The Elite episode 8? Disgusting...

Do anyone notice something strange about Wakaba personality inconsistency? Why Wakaba seems too calm when 2 of her friend died in episode 5? Why Wakaba suddenly seems more caring and smile much more in this episode flashback?

Well, this adaptation is the newest example of
"We will not only skip part X, we will also treat part X as if it never happened or just change the person involved in the story.",
compared to the usual
"We will skip part X just by not showing it, but it still did happened and exist off-screen in the story.".

Yeah~ Wakaba is the leader, but her leadership is more about morale pillars and main brawler than the team brain!
Iyojima Anzu the white hair girl is the team brain! Without her battle plan, they might get injured or killed faster a few months before!

@Yuvensius That's both good and sad to know, i really wanted to know more about Anzu primarily because i love her design. They really did her dirty in the anime.
Oct 4, 2023 8:50 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to katsu044
dont think i couldve handled a whole season devoted to this arc would've been too much pain if i had more than a surface level of attachment to them all

show really turned into my weekly dose of suffering
@katsu044 NoWaYu (20 volumes LN) crammed into 3-4 episodes :v

Hold on, google say 2 volumes only. Which i find odd pretty sure i saw before that it has 20 volumes.
Shirowhite01Oct 4, 2023 8:54 PM
Oct 4, 2023 9:16 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Marinate1016
Nah bro there’s something legitimately wrong with me because I find it sexy af when a quiet female character ends up snapping and having a mental breakdown. Shit is so sexy to me. I love broken women. Chikage is a perfect example. She deserved better. As usual these shows kill off best girl
@Marinate1016 Yup definitely something wrong with u mate 😅
Oct 4, 2023 9:19 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Rob
Chikage reverted. She's down.
Chikage saved Wakaba.
She got hit by Vertex-kun.
No arm. Dat blood.
Chikage is dead.
Dat diploma.
Dat speech.
Dat ending.

Glad Chikage's dad left. He was clearly heart broken that the scumbag mother of his child was cheating on him. Her coming back to live with him was making him go crazy. I hope he heals from the pain one day. I'll miss Chikage. Her crazy faces were hot.
@Rob The father ignored his responsibilities as a husband and as a father, he's more busy drinking booze and being outside than helping out in the house... When his wife was sick, he just brushed her off by telling Chikage to give her medicine and to lay her down instead of helping his wife. He's still shit even though the mother was also shit for cheating.
Oct 4, 2023 10:29 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to Shirowhite01
@Rob The father ignored his responsibilities as a husband and as a father, he's more busy drinking booze and being outside than helping out in the house... When his wife was sick, he just brushed her off by telling Chikage to give her medicine and to lay her down instead of helping his wife. He's still shit even though the mother was also shit for cheating.
@Shirowhite01 Ain't no way you replied to my year old post just to side with the offending wife. The fact that you said "The father ignored his responsibilities as a husband" while knowing the scumbag wife nullified/destroyed the marriage by cheating on her husband first, which resulted in his treatment towards her because you don't reward scumbags for their wrongdoing and that's what a chain effect is speaks volumes about you. She caused all of this to happen. Not him. Go be a clown elsewhere because you've clearly never been in love and had your heart broken due to betrayal and the resulting effects of that mess a person up. You clearly wanted the father to suck it up because he's an adult with a child but it doesn't work like that. Not everyone handles betrayal and heartbreak the same. And that's what your kind always ignore. I repeat. Go be a clown elsewhere.

This is my 1 and only reply. I'm not reading any replies after this so talk to yourself.
RobOct 4, 2023 10:32 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 13, 2023 5:53 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Rob
@Shirowhite01 Ain't no way you replied to my year old post just to side with the offending wife. The fact that you said "The father ignored his responsibilities as a husband" while knowing the scumbag wife nullified/destroyed the marriage by cheating on her husband first, which resulted in his treatment towards her because you don't reward scumbags for their wrongdoing and that's what a chain effect is speaks volumes about you. She caused all of this to happen. Not him. Go be a clown elsewhere because you've clearly never been in love and had your heart broken due to betrayal and the resulting effects of that mess a person up. You clearly wanted the father to suck it up because he's an adult with a child but it doesn't work like that. Not everyone handles betrayal and heartbreak the same. And that's what your kind always ignore. I repeat. Go be a clown elsewhere.

This is my 1 and only reply. I'm not reading any replies after this so talk to yourself.
@Rob Got my intel from an LN reader @Yuvensius, the father was irresponsible drinking all day and neglecting his family...He's the root-cause why their family fell apart if only he did his responsibilities as a husband and a father the wife wouldn't look for another man.

Since u're stupid enough to comprehend simple context on Chikage's backstory here i copied everything that @Yuvensius wrote so u can read it over and over again who knows maybe ur tiny brain will be able to understand even a little better.

Better than last episode I guess? But still a mess... anyways, it seems they won't add Chikage family and school bullying backstory to the anime huh?
Fine, I will do it myself by quoting the LN texts directly.

Also, because this is a bunch of backstory they SKIP, this is not a spoiler anyway... so let's goo!!!

Vol 1 Chapter 4:
"Chikage covered her ears, feeling pain from the spot that was previously cut by her classmates." (yes, physical injury.)

"Why did it become this way?
When her parents were a loving couple.
Their families apparently protested, but they rented a small house and started living there.
Soon after Chikage was born, both parents rejoiced at the birth of their child.
A third member added to their small family, and their days of happiness continued."

"But, that's not how it went.
Chikage's father was a child turned adult, being both an IRRESPONSIBLE father and husband.
He PRIORITIZED his own freedom and REFUSED to help out with housework.
One night, Chikage's mother collapsed from a high fever. Chikage being too young to know what to do called her father asking for help. {Give her some medicine and put her to sleep}, he said and hung up the phone. He finally returned at around 2 am, drunk.
Chikage spent all that time crying alone."

"They couldn't come to an understanding on who would take custody of Chikage. If it weren't for her, they would have long left the past behind and started a new life.
They both cursed her existence."

"Family in-fight happened regularly.
And one day, the mother's affair come to light.
Being in a small village, the news spread quickly and the couple's relations with the other residents became the worst they could be.
Chikage was not spared either, she was bullied and hated at school."

"Her classmates used to call her {Daughter of the bitch} and {Slut}. Most likely not even knowing the meaning of the words.
Even the teachers mocked her, saying a child born of those parents could never amount to anything.
Her belongings were stolen almost on a daily basis.
The girls would surround her, rip off her clothes and toss them in the incinerator.
At times they would cut her hair with scissors, hurting her ears in the process more often than not.
They would even push her down the stairs and mask it as playing."

I didn't quote all of it, but you can understand most of the rest right?
Oct 13, 2023 6:02 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Rob

@Rob "Anime-only here, and it seems very good so far, the emotions were well delivered.

Fuc* the source, what matter is how the story is being told in the animation itself."

I see an Anime-only that tells a lot about ur ignorance, the anime skipped a lot of things regarding Chikage's backstory.

I pity u, u're more of a clown that i am 🤣. What @Yuvensius told about Chikage's backstory isn't even the entirety of it, but it gives people a good idea about Chikage's upbringing and what exactly happened between her parents...

So right back at u. Go be a clown somewhere else.
Apr 15, 8:15 PM
Mar 2015
so that’s it. the yandere redeems herself by dying

my my, all these gory scenes. this is way more brutal than previous seasons
Apr 15, 8:35 PM
Mar 2015
RIGHT so Shinju is always watching them and can revoke their powers at will huh?

bet no one can explain away how Mimori managed to pull off her little act of high treason back in S1 cuz that was literally a million times worse than Chikage trying to off a teammate

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

32 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 16, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

49 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 1, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Schlimm - Oct 22, 2021

21 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

25 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:20 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

11 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.