Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2021 9:08 PM
Mar 2021
Season 2 was announced. I’m really happy for those news, although there were some laughably bad animation scenes it was g imo. And now that I’ve read the manga the next 3 fights (round 6 is still ongoing tho) will be hype.
Aug 17, 2021 9:18 PM
Oct 2019
I'm quite enjoying the story, so slideshow Animation not really bothering me.
Aug 17, 2021 9:25 PM
Apr 2021
Agreed. Ya the animation was a letdown, but the story of the show and seeing who the next fighters are and what their design is really makes this show a plus for me
Aug 17, 2021 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
To be honest I was disappointed at the beginning but I also enjoyed it and I was expecting the 2nd season
Aug 17, 2021 11:05 PM
Jun 2016
You are not alone. Many of us who weren't expecting anything who haven't read the manga enjoyed the anime. I personally am looking forward to Shiva's battle in the next season.
Aug 17, 2021 11:47 PM

May 2012
davidyodo24 said:

Me too

I loved this anime and animation did not bother me that much
Aug 17, 2021 11:52 PM
Apr 2021
I do agree with you guys. Even though I’d prefer a better and smoother animation, since the story is my main focus, since it is quite interesting and enjoyable, the animation doesn’t bother me that much.

I must also say that I’m a non-manga reader. Most of the complaints come from them, since they were the most hyped ones to watch the anime after reading such a good and solid manga (that’s what I’ve heard). Therefore they were the ones who got the bigger disappointment.
Aug 18, 2021 8:51 AM
Apr 2020
People tend exaggerate like it's the worst animation of all time. I'm a manga reader myself before the anime was even announced. The manga deserves better 100% but the problem with is undoubtedly the production quality and not the studio. This is produced by Warner Bros japan and not Netflix
Aug 18, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2017
davidyodo24 said:

Same here. I wasn’t bothered by the animation I was just having fun lol.
Aug 18, 2021 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Don’t worry mate! There are still a few of us out here that like the anime!
Sep 5, 2021 12:18 AM
Feb 2017
Hyped too ! Cant wait to see the next fight ;)
Sep 11, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2021
Simuric03 said:
I do agree with you guys. Even though I’d prefer a better and smoother animation, since the story is my main focus, since it is quite interesting and enjoyable, the animation doesn’t bother me that much.

I must also say that I’m a non-manga reader. Most of the complaints come from them, since they were the most hyped ones to watch the anime after reading such a good and solid manga (that’s what I’ve heard). Therefore they were the ones who got the bigger disappointment.

It is all a big tournament what do you mean by story? I believe an anime which only focuses on fights should have at least some animation to make it worth watching. This is a collection of still images and it's not worth watching. I head great things about the manga tho recommend everyone reading it instead of watching
Oct 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
CanBalaban said:
Simuric03 said:

It is all a big tournament what do you mean by story? I believe an anime which only focuses on fights should have at least some animation to make it worth watching. This is a collection of still images and it's not worth watching. I head great things about the manga tho recommend everyone reading it instead of watching

You do not do well reading actual books, do you??
You don't need good animations to enjoy a fight, and a fight itself has as much story to be told as everything else. The beginning, the first step, the evolution, the revolt and the comeback... all of this need to be told in the actual fight.
Real fights (that sometimes have those and many other elements) are quick... Kill in 3 seconds! That's what the best fighter always wants to achieve. But in storybooks (animation, manga, book, slideshow, etc.) you need to make it interesting, you need to actually tell a story of the fight and all around it, from the resolution of each fighter to the meaning of the final blow.

I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it.
There are much better things in any show than just graphics. Not just in every show, but in everything.
r_justoOct 1, 2021 6:36 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 1, 2021 9:22 PM

Jul 2021
r_justo said:
CanBalaban said:

You don't need good animations to enjoy a fight, and a fight itself has as much story to be told as everything else. The beginning, the first step, the evolution, the revolt and the comeback... all of this need to be told in the actual fight.
Real fights (that sometimes have those and many other elements) are quick... Kill in 3 seconds! That's what the best fighter always wants to achieve. But in storybooks (animation, manga, book, slideshow, etc.) you need to make it interesting, you need to actually tell a story of the fight and all around it, from the resolution of each fighter to the meaning of the final blow.

I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it.
There are much better things in any show than just graphics. Not just in every show, but in everything.

I enjoy reading novels. Anyways it is not a book it is a fking anime and it is shit so just read the manga
Oct 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
CanBalaban said:
r_justo said:

I enjoy reading novels. Anyways it is not a book it is a fking anime and it is shit so just read the manga

And this proves my point! Thank you for demonstrating it, have a nice day.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 2, 2021 3:49 AM
Mar 2021
r_justo said:
CanBalaban said:

I don't really get how some people can really defend atrocious media, I feel like nowadays studios can take a shit onto a plate and people will consume it while also finding a way to defend why they ate that shit.

I'm a long time fan of the manga, I started reading it during the beginning of the second fight and am still doing so to this day, and ur right that storytelling is an important aspect in this series, but the anime does even the storytelling so atrociously (in terms of pacing) I don't even know how you can defend it, to put it into a nutshell,basically the way in which things are portrayed in the anime is an exact copy of what happens in the manga (not a bad thing ofc) but if you take into consideration the overall format of the series, the "flow" of the manga makes much more sense if you are reading it, and nothing seems too disruptive, however since this exact thing is shown in the anime, the constant flashbacks every minute in between fights make no sense (for example just before a major attack) and become a nuisance instead of them being shown during more appropriate times. Also. its an action manga, it NEEDS to have animation because the series is more or less dependant on it and the storytelling aspect makes a very significantly smaller portion of the series.
mrvl1Oct 2, 2021 4:01 AM
Oct 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
mrvl1 said:
r_justo said:

I don't really get how some people can really defend atrocious media, I feel like nowadays studios can take a shit onto a plate and people will consume it while also finding a way to defend why they ate that shit.

I'm a long time fan of the manga, I started reading it during the beginning of the second fight and am still doing so to this day, and ur right that storytelling is an important aspect in this series, but the anime does even the storytelling so atrociously (in terms of pacing) I don't even know how you can defend it, to put it into a nutshell,basically the way in which things are portrayed in the anime is an exact copy of what happens in the manga (not a bad thing ofc) but if you take into consideration the overall format of the series, the "flow" of the manga makes much more sense if you are reading it, and nothing seems too disruptive, however since this exact thing is shown in the anime, the constant flashbacks every minute in between fights make no sense (for example just before a major attack) and become a nuisance instead of them being shown during more appropriate times. Also. its an action manga, it NEEDS to have animation because the series is more or less dependant on it and the storytelling aspect makes a very significantly smaller portion of the series.

Sorry, now I'm confused... In pacing?? that f*ck? Yeh! Kind of slow, ngl, but I don't dislike slow pacing if it's not toooooo slow, and this is definitely not the case. I prefer slow pacing to rushing things like what they are doing with Shaman King 2021.

As a non-manga reader, I cannot identify with what you're saying whatsoever. Since I do not (and only in exceptional cases) will read any manga, I cannot compare between those. Despite that, some people actually like those flashbacks that make the actual move meaningful. Too much fluidity it's not bad neither but it lacks those meanings.
As for animation, I will just copy-paste what I said: "There are much better things in any show than just graphics". For me, and maybe many others, I'm used to the old animation style (and even prefer, compared to those dumb CGI fights they do nowadays). I was comparing those fights with my brother (that was thinking exactly like you until I say this comment), the first fight (lu bu vs Thor) was the major part taken on Bleach fights, and the 2nd fight (Adam, vs Zeus) was Saint Seya all over it (at the point I was on ep 8, and even after finishing it, I still don't remember where did I saw a fight similar to the 3rd).
As you can see they are old but solid. Those animations made their time and can be rewatched again and again and again (not much for the animations I know, but still my point is the same). I'm used to it and many (MANY) more are too.

We (at this point I can say we) are not defending the studio (well we are but not for the animations), we are just saying that the animations do NOT ruin this show! And much of that was because the studio didn't mess up with the manga story (I presume by what you said).

I will tell you what I told the other one: "I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it."
r_justoOct 2, 2021 5:14 AM
Oct 2, 2021 12:57 PM
Aug 2021
Please tell me how much chapters is covered in this ONA
Oct 2, 2021 1:10 PM
Mar 2021
omgthighs said:
Please tell me how much chapters is covered in this ONA
About 53 chapters covered I think. From beginning of manga to beginning of round 4
Oct 2, 2021 6:32 PM
Mar 2021
r_justo said:
mrvl1 said:

Sorry, now I'm confused... In pacing?? that f*ck? Yeh! Kind of slow, ngl, but I don't dislike slow pacing if it's not toooooo slow, and this is definitely not the case. I prefer slow pacing to rushing things like what they are doing with Shaman King 2021.

As a non-manga reader, I cannot identify with what you're saying whatsoever. Since I do not (and only in exceptional cases) will read any manga, I cannot compare between those. Despite that, some people actually like those flashbacks that make the actual move meaningful. Too much fluidity it's not bad neither but it lacks those meanings.
As for animation, I will just copy-paste what I said: "There are much better things in any show than just graphics". For me, and maybe many others, I'm used to the old animation style (and even prefer, compared to those dumb CGI fights they do nowadays). I was comparing those fights with my brother (that was thinking exactly like you until I say this comment), the first fight (lu bu vs Thor) was the major part taken on Bleach fights, and the 2nd fight (Adam, vs Zeus) was Saint Seya all over it (at the point I was on ep 8, and even after finishing it, I still don't remember where did I saw a fight similar to the 3rd).
As you can see they are old but solid. Those animations made their time and can be rewatched again and again and again (not much for the animations I know, but still my point is the same). I'm used to it and many (MANY) more are too.

We (at this point I can say we) are not defending the studio (well we are but not for the animations), we are just saying that the animations do NOT ruin this show! And much of that was because the studio didn't mess up with the manga story (I presume by what you said).

I will tell you what I told the other one: "I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it."

> It's not meant to be slow-paced, especially not in the action parts, I don't get how they managed to turn it into a slow-paced thing.Im not even going to bother arguing anymore about this because you haven't even read the source material (the manga).

>Most of your middle part is just incomprehensible rambling

>Animations DID ruin this anime and was a major factor if we dont take into consideration the pacing since 80% of the anime wasn't even animated but was literal still frames with camera shakes.

Oct 2, 2021 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
mrvl1 said:
r_justo said:

> It's not meant to be slow-paced, especially not in the action parts, I don't get how they managed to turn it into a slow-paced thing.Im not even going to bother arguing anymore about this because you haven't even read the source material (the manga).

>Animations DID ruin this anime and was a major factor if we dont take into consideration the pacing since 80% of the anime wasn't even animated but was literal still frames with camera shakes.

The part that you are going against people that actually do enjoy the show proves all my points. Not only that but to not know the animes that I just mention makes it even more valid than it was before.

You younglings are very opaque to everything that is different from what you like. Not only that but the lack of knowledge, not of the new things, but of the old ones, is soo huge that makes me even question if you have the slightest chance of even being taken seriously.

I will say this one... last... time...:
"I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it."

Have I nice day, and if you want to perpetuate the showing of your lack of knowledge and denial, I will say one of the most known phrases of one of the shows that I did mention before (Bleach): "Come back in a 1000 years!"
r_justoOct 2, 2021 6:55 PM
Oct 3, 2021 5:37 AM
Mar 2021
r_justo said:
mrvl1 said:

The part that you are going against people that actually do enjoy the show proves all my points. Not only that but to not know the animes that I just mention makes it even more valid than it was before.

You younglings are very opaque to everything that is different from what you like. Not only that but the lack of knowledge, not of the new things, but of the old ones, is soo huge that makes me even question if you have the slightest chance of even being taken seriously.

"I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it."

Have I nice day, and if you want to perpetuate the showing of your lack of knowledge and denial, I will say one of the most known phrases of one of the shows that I did mention before (Bleach): "Come back in a 1000 years!"

I don't even know where you got the fact I was going against people who hate this, all I did was give constructive responses to your comments which I don't agree with, which I also had legitimate points to reinforce, on the contrary, I was in full support of the anime before it released. Also if assuming my age makes you any more confident in whatever you're trying to prove then go ahead keep on doing it. Something else I don't get how you can say I lack knowledge when I literally gave you so much information regarding why I disagree with you, which you brushed over since you're a "non-manga reader", quite hypocritical if you ask me. Have a good day too.
Oct 3, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2008
mrvl1 said:
r_justo said:

I don't even know where you got the fact I was going against people who hate this, all I did was give constructive responses to your comments which I don't agree with, which I also had legitimate points to reinforce, on the contrary, I was in full support of the anime before it released. Also if assuming my age makes you any more confident in whatever you're trying to prove then go ahead keep on doing it. Something else I don't get how you can say I lack knowledge when I literally gave you so much information regarding why I disagree with you, which you brushed over since you're a "non-manga reader", quite hypocritical if you ask me. Have a good day too.

Sorry If I misunderstanding what you said:
"I don't really get how some people can really defend atrocious media, I feel like nowadays studios can take a shit onto a plate and people will consume it while also finding a way to defend why they ate that shit."
If you weren't against those people, my bad.

And being a non-manga reader is not hypocritical whatsoever. I don't read manga because I don't like to read mangas... if you think that is hypocritical... I sure cannot understand why...
As for the lack of knowledge I was comparing 2 of the fights with existing fights, from very well known animes, that were (surely) taken from, you just didn't think that was important, especially because they used almost the same animation or at least based on, and those fights were huge and solid back then, and since they copied (literally) the fights they copied or based on the same animation. But you thought that that didn't matter at all. And I'm the one that is discriminating knowledge... -.-

Well... You didn't like the anime, I liked the anime. Done! Have a nice day!
r_justoOct 3, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 4, 2021 6:19 PM
Mar 2021
r_justo said:
mrvl1 said:

"I don't really get how some people can really defend atrocious media, I feel like nowadays studios can take a shit onto a plate and people will consume it while also finding a way to defend why they ate that shit."

And being a non-manga reader is not hypocritical whatsoever. I don't read manga because I don't like to read mangas... if you think that is hypocritical... I sure cannot understand why...
As for the lack of knowledge I was comparing 2 of the fights with existing fights, from very well known animes, that were (surely) taken from, you just didn't think that was important, especially because they used almost the same animation or at least based on, and those fights were huge and solid back then, and since they copied (literally) the fights they copied or based on the same animation. But you thought that that didn't matter at all. And I'm the one that is discriminating knowledge... -.-

It's ok we all misunderstand sometimes, I didn't tell the people who like this anime to go fuck themselves, it was just a genuine question.

Yes, it is hypocritical because you just said that "Not only that but the lack of knowledge" when I literally gave you a whole paragraph worth of info based on the composition of the manga vs the anime and why I think it's absolutely atrocious yet I'm the one with the lack of knowledge, all I'm doing is letting you know that the series could have had so much more potential if it wasn't for them messing up the two biggest parts of the anime, the animation and storytelling, and if you don't read manga that's not really my problem.

Also, you really need to stop assuming things, the two fights were not taken from bleach or Saint Seiya and I highly doubt they were "inspired from them", the style of animation was really common back in the older days of both of those, but the one we got was on a whole new level, many of the scenes are literal still frames given screen shakes to make them look like they have motion.

I don't hate the anime and I want to see it do well, I think the voice acting and music was really really good, but unfortunately, it overshadows the major aspects like story and animation. The anime is an obvious cash grab for the producers because they piggyback off of the already existing popularity of the manga which is probably why they gave it to a crappy studio no one knows and barely made any 2d animation on their own.
Oct 4, 2021 6:58 PM

Oct 2008
mrvl1 said:
r_justo said:

Also, you really need to stop assuming things, the two fights were not taken from bleach or Saint Seiya and I highly doubt they were "inspired from them", the style of animation was really common back in the older days of both of those, but the one we got was on a whole new level, many of the scenes are literal still frames given screen shakes to make them look like they have motion.

Look, I get it, you don't know what I was talking about, and that was the lack of knowledge that I mention that you have. Of course, you have all the knowledge of the manga and the hype of that too, but despite that, you cannot see what they did. They literally go to older animes, got some iconic fights, and adapt those on this anime (if they also did it in the manga? I don't know. I don't read mangas!).
Those fights are the 1st one based on bleach (especially the soul society arc: some Ikkaku vs Ichigo and most of Kenpachi vs Ichigo), and the 2nd one based on Saint Seya (more precisely Pegasus vs Lion on the temple arc). And the animators look at those fights and they used the "same" animation or at the very least base those on (and this is just me speculating because I cannot prove it without them saying it and they will never say such a thing)(but you could also see the similarities of those animations, the Pegasus Meteor Fist, the power of Kenpachi and the embodiment in his sword, very similar to Thor and his hammer, and many others).
I know you didn't notice but the animation used in the 1st fight is a bit different from the 2nd. Probably because the 1st they used weapons and the second fists, but they changed to be like those shows (they are almost 10 years apart from each other too). That difference could be also done because of that.

I know what I'm talking about and like I said before "I don't expect you to understand that, much less to see it, but don't blame people that actually do it for having too much fun seeing it and enjoying it."
Now you could also stand with another point that people just don't realize often, the soundtrack, OR the lack of it! Awful! A major part of the anime is mute, even in the epic fight. Despite I agree that at some deads muting is the better option (like when nep-nep goes down-down), muting all or the major part of the fight is DUMB!! And the part that has music is just subpar to the scene! The soundtrack is awful! Much worse than the animations, but everyone seems to eat only with their eyes nowadays!! -.-
r_justoOct 4, 2021 7:09 PM
Oct 27, 2021 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
since its a tournament the animation must be good to enjoy it fully , i hope they did it justice in the 2nd season

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aLotQuestion_ - Jun 17, 2021

92 by Celestial-Honami »»
Sep 12, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 17, 2021

40 by HarshaAnimeFan15 »»
Jul 16, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 7 Discussion

31 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 6 Discussion

39 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 5 Discussion

33 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.