Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Muteking now has his own dedicated TV channel to raise the show's presence, in this case, Muteki's core properties. The other channels just have varying qualities that go ham for whatever quality they wanna show, such weird oddity.

Theo Eight's "evil" corporation doing those yoga poses sure are a sight though. And OctinQ's products never cease to stop, DJ making good segues on whatever and wherever the promotion goes.

Muteki gives himself a facelift of a makeover with new clothing (mostly to impress Aida), though some already caught onto the fact of Muteking, and he has to hide that fact (with especially his lips). It's weird to see DJ and Aida see eye-to-eye though with that romance hint, and getting his orders right while Muteki only gets his usual ice cream soda. In hindsight, DJ doing some background investigative work on Aida that he won't divulge to Muteki, at least for now.

A chilling beach relaxation paradise, and Muteki almost falls for the same trap, for DJ to save him as always. I definitely don't need to say the rest due to the episodic nature.

Theo's "Second Act" is coming, a requiem for more trouble incoming for all who oppose OctinQ.

Tatsuro Yamashita's Love Space plays in the background while Muteki runs to the diner, and is bold to ask Aida out for an amusement park date, yeah. Never look back on that one, but it's looking a lot sus for Aida's character and who she really could be. DJ knows it, but we don't, at least not yet.
KANLen09Oct 23, 2021 8:54 PM
Oct 23, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2015
Muteking top 10 sexiest body parts, I need to watch this show LOL

I love when Muteki went to his friends' hangout just to test his new style, and he pretend to not understanding the compliment, such a cheeky boy, I love him!

Though his plan failed when he meet Aida, he think DJ is flirting with Aida when in fact DJ is just investigating Aida's secret. DJ recommends Muteki to find someone else better than her, such as DJ himself, wow, such a suggestive line, and if DJ is really Muteki's father, that'd make this line... unapologetically arousing...

Muteki still doesn't know OctinQ is an evil company? How innocent can he be! People already call real world big tech companies evil even if they don't melt people to the black liquid.
Oct 23, 2021 1:45 PM
Mar 2021
This anime is such a shitpost (and directed by the guy who did VOTOMS, which is pretty much the antithesis of this), I love it. Sadly, much like Oshii's Vlad Love, most people don't like it much, it seems.

Aida is a very intriguing character imo, and I feel like she is connected to Aurora. Though her positive interactions with DJ a.k.a. DJ (and Muteki himself, despite all) threw me off the lead for that.

The second act now begins, as it seems, and we got to know something more about the CEO and Octinq.

I wonder if that will mean new fight scenes? I really like the ones introduced in Episode 1, but some variety would be nice.
Oct 23, 2021 3:25 PM
Sep 2017
Love Space by Tatsuro Yamashita plays towards the end of the episode. This anime is overflowing with aesthetic, I just wish the fight scenes reflected that.
Oct 23, 2021 3:36 PM

Oct 2019
Another great episode of Muteking!! I like Muteki's new look!

Seems like things are gonna speed up a bit in the next episodes

I'm sure some of you recognized the famous Plastic Love at the very start of the first episode!

In this one, we have Love Space by Tatsuro Yamashita when Muteki is running near the end of the episode!

Always feels good to hear great songs that I know!

I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Oct 24, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2018
Looks like they are using Jasmine (Long haired Aurora) for even episodes and Ms. Control (Short haired Aurora) for odd episodes.
And it seems that they are showing different parts of the MV on each episode.
Hope one day we may get the full version of both MVs.
Oct 24, 2021 2:51 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Thanks to this episode I now know how to chill

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 24, 2021 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
According to DJ, if Muteki had more bad octopus cells in him, he would die?

So that means all the people turned to goo during OctinQ's evil schemes do actually die but when Muteking defeats the monster they get resurrected.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 25, 2021 11:14 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
"Sometimes you need to chill"

Muteking gets his own dedicated channel while Muteki himself gets a new makeover. It looks like DJ and Aida are getting close with better chemistry between the two and Muteki doesn't like it, but DJ knows something about Aida that we have been suspecting all along. OctinQ rolls out another evil plan with their version of "chilling" and Muteki once again fall for their trap until DJ saves him. It seems that OctinQ is using Aurora to generate bad octopus cells to control the people and turn them into black ink in contrast to the good octopus cells that turns Muteki into Muteking.
AddaeAkonoOct 26, 2021 5:06 PM
Oct 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
This show somehow gives Lazy Town vibes lmao. Or perhaps Chill Town would be more apt after this episode.

Hopefully we learn more about Aida next time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2021 1:32 PM
Sep 2014
I'm feeling kinda dumb for noticing so late that A.I.da's name is a hint in itself. I was really shocked she actually said "yes" to his invitation, I assumed she would be confused by a "non-standard command", but she seems to have an actual grasp of what people say to her 9even though it seems to not be the case with most of orders). I'm really looking forward to how she'll act on the date.

I'm really liking this show so far but the copy-paste "fight" sequence is starting to annoy me. Sad because so far this is the only bad aspect of this show for me.
Feb 22, 2022 2:26 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I sometimes wonder why Muteki doesn't realize that bad stuff happens every time Aurora's songs play. Then again, it seems like people were aware of Aurora before the bad events started happening, so they must have been listening to her music just fine before. I guess connecting the pieces would be a little more hard.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2021

14 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 10:24 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2021

6 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - Nov 20, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.