Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2011 1:55 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally the end !
After so many years ... :D
Was good, really good !
Dec 28, 2011 4:17 AM

Dec 2010
I really hope I misunderstood it, but did Ren die? o.o or was the video on Ciquas phone a sign that both Cou and Ren survived? really hope so..
aaaand! we didn't even get a kiss from them D:
Dec 28, 2011 7:25 AM

Apr 2010
that was such a cliffhanger..someone plz tell me it was just a cliffhanger!!!
theres possiblity that it could be continued right? u cant leave us wondering like this Azuma Mayumi-sensei T-T i really hoppe she makes a epoligi or something or a new series that continues this..this..cliffhanger bussnies! Dx im at my wits (just finished reading it) trying to figger out what happend after.
n about all manga pages online says its gonna be more..or at list i think thats why they haven´t put it on "completed" yet =_=

ahhh im gonna go insain not knowing..
other then that..well i loved this manga to the end x3 (just hated that the ending was all cliffhanger n just left like that..-_-)
❝ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ sᴛᴀʏs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏᴛʜ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴs. I'ᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴘᴇʟʟ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴍᴇ❞
Dec 28, 2011 8:02 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe Ren and Cou will appear at the Flag of Bluesky but not as the protagonist?

Dec 28, 2011 9:27 AM

Jun 2010
cadu_ said:
Maybe Ren and Cou will appear at the Flag of Bluesky but not as the protagonist?

That's what I was thinking. It already has Wolx in it, so it's not impossible.

One of these days I have to re-read all of this. It updated too infrequently for me to remember what happened.
Dec 29, 2011 1:20 AM

Apr 2010
Sigh... what a disappointing end. The final battle felt rushed overall and they decided to just force in a cliffhanger ending because... DRAMA!!! A bitter sweet ending could've worked I guess, but this one just felt out of place/

Overall, I'm sad to see the series go, but I wish it could have ended on a stronger note...
Dec 30, 2011 10:19 PM

Jun 2008
So Cou and Ren are potentially dead (though the ending implies they are probably alive), Cisqua got demoted, and for all we know Organite is still up to dastardly things.

I love Elemental Gelade, I truly TRULY do, but that was a very weak ending.

But I have high hopes Flag of Blue Sky will solve these issues.

Dec 31, 2011 6:56 AM

Dec 2010
I really hope they will make a remake of the anime now that the manga is finished :)
May 11, 2012 1:49 AM

May 2012
Bitter sweet ending is indeed bitter sweet.

the only flaw about the ending is the author shouldn't bother to show us any evidence of them being alive . It totally ruin the bitter sweet ending .

In my point of view, both of them died, nuffsaid
So as you're laughing at this fool tonight , let me rid myself of any line that I might use to trip you up .
May 22, 2012 3:34 AM
May 2012
The thing I didnt like was that if they were both going to die, why did Ren let go? Why not die together? If Ren really fell like that, the Cou in the anime would have let go to either die with her or grab her and find a way to save her. Why dont they just react and destroy the things falling on them. Also, they still have the shield power. I hope they will reappear in the flag of bulesky. I really don't want them dead so im just gonna go with the anime. It's way better than the manga with Cou and Ren flying off on a new adventure.
Jun 5, 2012 11:34 PM
Jul 2011
lightningslashz said:
The thing I didnt like was that if they were both going to die, why did Ren let go? Why not die together? If Ren really fell like that, the Cou in the anime would have let go to either die with her or grab her and find a way to save her. Why dont they just react and destroy the things falling on them. Also, they still have the shield power. I hope they will reappear in the flag of bulesky. I really don't want them dead so im just gonna go with the anime. It's way better than the manga with Cou and Ren flying off on a new adventure.

They didn't die lol. It's shown that Ren used her powers to save Edel Garden, and also save herself and Coud.
Jan 29, 2013 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
I wan't a new chapter.. Even if it needs to be publish as a second season. >_<

I love this manga coz its really really good.
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Mar 26, 2013 2:09 AM

Jun 2009
Hmm, I was quite a bit disappointed with this ending. The whole last volume felt rushed and there are still things left unanswered. Who was that Edel Raid that wanted to meet Ren and who was that long haired guy that has his face hidden?

This jewel of a manga doesn't deserve such an ending. It feels like the mangaka suddenly had been told to wrap things up or something. I really loved Elemental Gelade, but this ending just didn't feel right to me.

I hope things will be better when I start reading Blue Flag?
Jul 5, 2013 4:44 PM
Jul 2013
i have just read the entire 96 chapter,and my only comment is:THEY HAVENT DEAD YET,i really dont care much about whether it will continue or not,i say is a good ending,despite the rush and lack of details.the video is enough proof for me,for all elemental gelade manga fans,dont give up hope,im sure that they will clear everythingin flag of bluesky,you just have to wait till the end of the manga,but if you have others anime or manga,watch them and wait for the manga to be finished
Feb 18, 2020 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
Ending was weak. Left a lot of things not answered but it did conclude the main goal of the series. Finally battle was weird and rushed.
Oct 22, 2021 5:42 AM
Jul 2021
I really liked this ending (5 out of 5), although the cliffhanger definitely made me a bit upset. Definitely a whole lot better than the anime. I do wish there was a sequel to the cliffhanger though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elemental Gelade Chapter 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 8, 2009

2 by WhatAGoodShow »»
Aug 26, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Elemental Gelade Chapter 73 Discussion

animalia - May 9, 2014

0 by animalia »»
May 9, 2014 4:48 PM

Poll: » Elemental Gelade Chapter 1 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 8, 2009

2 by skreyola »»
Jul 19, 2013 6:29 PM

» Elemental Gelade - New set of pictures

KuroDubZero - Oct 17, 2011

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Oct 17, 2011 1:08 PM

Poll: » Elemental Gelade Chapter 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 8, 2009

1 by AniJournal »»
Aug 25, 2011 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.