Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2016 1:45 AM
May 2012
Laionidas said:

This.

The show is pretty bad, there's no denying that, but I found it has become the anime this season I most look forward to each week, and that tells you something.

Somehow that describes it pretty well. I have to agree with most of the critics about this series:
Yes, of corse the story is repeatitive if you sum it up to "Qwenthur is using a clever trick that makes the enemy's object break down. The interesting thing is, however, how he does so and what sort of things are going on apart from that. Keep in mind that eg. NGE pretty much does the same.
The fanservice actually is annoying (if you don't like fansevice) or badly made (if you do like it), but it's somehow perfectly fitting to the rest of the series and supports it well without stealing attraction from the more important stuff.
Probably the most importend reason, why HO doesn't look that good but actually is really interesting is the fact that this show actually tries not to just to stay allready seen well working paths, but to try out something new. Also you have to consider that this show has 24 instead of 12 Episodes to develop so it doesn't need go to full speed right a way but can build things up slowly.

So to sum up even if this show isn't exactly sparkling right now, howerver I still think it has a lot of potential and actually is interesting to watch every week. That said, if I would not have started watching it allready, I would probably wait for the final critices to arrive before deciding whether to watch it or not.

Edit:
The show definatly gets better in the second half.
SanyuuFeb 21, 2016 6:14 AM
Jan 27, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
I've read the light novel until volume 5 and I'm watching the anime... I give this show a 7... the first cour is quite slow in the beginning but I've been enjoying the second cour, just don't have high expectations on it. The characters are not deep and sometimes can be annoying, the plot holes can be a problem... but, if you read the light novels first(like I did) it does not affect you that much, the novels are far more detailed and its plot holes aren't big as the anime's... Is it worth ?... it depends on the person... just give it a try and see yourself, it won't hurt...just don't have high expectations... It's not 8/10 anime... but don't let the ratings fool you... comparing with other series in mal with higher ratings.... Heavy Object should be at 7-7,3/10 range... the 6.8/10 is because a lot of people just watched the first ep, gave it a zero and them dropped ( the first ep is the worst ep from the series)... everybody knows that any show less then "7" in mal, is totally shit and that it's not the case of HO.
pablomcJan 27, 2016 5:16 PM
Jan 27, 2016 5:20 PM

Nov 2014
No, it is below average at best.

Jan 28, 2016 9:27 PM
Oct 2015
I hope both of them dont really end up like gurren lagann, their friendship is the most interesting part in this anime,girl with big boobs and lolis are just only a add-on.
Jan 29, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
I thought so through roughly the first half, but I've definitely found myself losing interest in more recent episodes.
Feb 20, 2016 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
If you interested to watch how brain can somehow beat the giant indestructible machine in addition of some fan services and fun science fact, this is a show for you.

This anime is worth to watch because of the 2 male main character interaction, rare setting, physically weak but intelligent mc, not a typical robot war, not a harem, not in school, not much bullshitting theory, mc is C4 expert (following the true path of explosion), somehow an adventure anime since they move from place to place.

GO WATCH IT!
Mar 23, 2016 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
I watched the first 8 episodes as they aired and then I had to take a ~4 month break from anime due to work.
Now when I am slowly coming back checking what I was watching and what I want to watch, I can't remember anything really positive or redeeming to why I should continue this.

From what I remember, the princess is there for some fan-service and can't do anything with her old model Object so she needs the help of these two idiots who seem to be the the only ones on the entire planet capable of sabotaging an Object, and then there is big-tit-commander-chick who is only there to provide fan-service.

Reading this post I understand the first 8 episodes are the first light novel only, but I can't see how it could get better : /
Mar 25, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
Why did this show went from 6.6 to 7.2?

Mar 26, 2016 12:13 AM

May 2009
ExTamplier said:
Why did this show went from 6.6 to 7.2?

Because it ended. Some people rate after finishing watching and method of counting the rating changes slightly.
Mar 26, 2016 12:44 AM

Feb 2015
last time i saw the rating it was 7.23, now it's 7.29. up 6. WOW XD thank you for the rating :D
this anime deserve a score of 7.
Mar 26, 2016 12:05 PM
Oct 2010
Tevens said:
last time i saw the rating it was 7.23, now it's 7.29. up 6. WOW XD thank you for the rating :D
this anime deserve a score of 7.

This.Two dudes taking down giant tanks of deaths turned out to be pretty good than expected.
Mar 29, 2016 6:18 AM

May 2012
I just can't understand how people are enjoying this anime ?! Like what is good about (other than cute girls) ?! THe anime does not have an actual story.

Schwarzesmarken which has real story, villians, brutal battle, real politics, plot twists, drama is rated 7.01 and this crap is rated 7.37 ?!! Thats unbelievable.

It seems people like childish anime over more serious story driven anime. Even Active Raid is better than this anime
thepathMar 29, 2016 6:22 AM
Mar 30, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
thepath said:
I just can't understand how people are enjoying this anime ?! Like what is good about (other than cute girls) ?! THe anime does not have an actual story.

Schwarzesmarken which has real story, villians, brutal battle, real politics, plot twists, drama is rated 7.01 and this crap is rated 7.37 ?!! Thats unbelievable.

It seems people like childish anime over more serious story driven anime. Even Active Raid is better than this anime

People do not always want to watch serious stories. Its okay to be light hearted once in a while.
Apr 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Sorry late to the party, had to wait until it finished airing. Watched 1st episode and already on-hold, too much shit from this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Episode 9 has military units engaged in direct conflict enter a non-verbal ceasefire agreement to allow baby penguins safe passage through the combat zone.

SHUT UP NERDS THIS ANIME IS AMAZING!

...so beautiful... T_T
Apr 17, 2016 2:23 AM
Apr 2016
thepath said:

"People are dumb cause they like things I don't like."

I do agree that HO doesn't really have a series long plot and comes off more episodic. That being said, Active Raid and Schwarzesmarken were trash.
Apr 24, 2016 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
Sooo ignoring all the haters, this anime actually succeeds in being a smart action show with decent comedy. So yes I recommend it.
May 27, 2020 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
The scores on reviews are quite disturbing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2021 8:17 PM
Aug 2020
Yes it is worth it.

I watched this for 3 days and it was very worth it.

Anime alone is very good to me, i like it when the duo always pull of an uno-reverse.

Some say it is bad, but thats only because the thing they want didn't get granted.

As an anime watcher who haven't read the source material and dive into the anime head on and blind without expecting anything.

8/10 anime for me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.