New
Apr 30, 2021 2:54 PM
Feb 2021
Like why?

Like why?

Seriously?
Apr 30, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2020
Since they put mecha in here,why couldn't they add the genre mecha,it doesn't make sense there is mecha when in the Edo period mecha didn't exist.
Apr 30, 2021 3:35 PM
Aug 2020
Lesean prob was high while making this, satou takeshi just had to cope on with lesean’s mess.
Apr 30, 2021 4:05 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah I knew right when I saw that Mech. I knew they screwed up. I've only watched 1 episode so far but, I am not impressed. They should of just done what Vinland Saga did instead of putting their own stupid spin on it.
Apr 30, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2019
Because it was never meant to be a historical anime because the writers couldn't bother research shit. Lmao they could've done something similar to Vinland in which its not entirely historically accurate but still has elements and events that really did happen in history. Last I checked 10 foot mechs weren't flying around in fucking 1538.
Apr 30, 2021 10:41 PM

May 2009
Xesty17 said:
Because it was never meant to be a historical anime

They advertised it as historical so it's their fault for lying the viewers.
Apr 30, 2021 10:49 PM

Dec 2019
bastek66 said:
Xesty17 said:
Because it was never meant to be a historical anime

They advertised it as historical so it's their fault for lying the viewers.
Exactly. Ppl have said it's my fault for expecting something different when it's literally called Yasuke.
Apr 30, 2021 11:58 PM

Jun 2016
kek you know what this reminded me of
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 1, 2021 12:00 AM

Feb 2021
Agreed, the first episode was by far the best as it featured the least amount of mecha/magic.
May 1, 2021 2:48 AM

Aug 2015
I've watched Sengoku Era anime a lot, and this is far from the first time a mecha has appeared in anime set in Sengoku times. I'm still watching the Yasuke anime, so maybe I should hold my opinion back since I've seen people say that by the end of the anime, it's not really fully developed (which sounds like a valid critique, but I can't comment on that until I finish it). But honestly, I am not really bothered by the presence of mecha units. It's anime. It's fantasy. Directors and story writers love to take creative liberties and throw in a hodge-podge of fantastical imagery and plotlines. Sengoku BASARA comes to mind, and there's a mecha in that anime/game series too who is not really ever explained either. I personally don't think there is much benefit in holding a high expectation of historical accuracy for any anime set in the Sengoku Era because it's extremely rare that someone tries to portray it realistically. That's what live-action NHK Taiga drams are for, and even they border on fantasy often. Anime provides the medium to explore all of these other ideas with full creative liberties. We've all shared a laugh at how real life figures are portrayed in anime, like anime Bill Clinton from the Fate series, haha. Maybe we can dial back the serious a bit and just enjoy it. If this anime isn't your cup of tea though, perfectly understandable. This post is already sounding more like a rant that I want it to, so I'll get off my soapbox now.
May 1, 2021 5:03 AM

Apr 2020
Because the creators suck and only ask themselves "Why not?".
May 1, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2019
Gameralpha said:
Since they put mecha in here,why couldn't they add the genre mecha,it doesn't make sense there is mecha when in the Edo period mecha didn't exist.

Doesn't matter. It doesn't have a Historical genre either but everyone expects it to have it
May 1, 2021 9:10 AM

Jan 2020
PattyWack said:
Like why?

Like why?

Seriously?

Cuz it's cool and fun OP. There's also magic and all other sorts of bullcrap, Just enjoy the ride I say.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
May 1, 2021 9:15 AM

Oct 2015
There's magic and mechs? *sigh* I'll put this one off, it can wait.
May 1, 2021 11:30 AM
May 2, 2021 11:24 AM
Apr 2021
Yeah the show is pretty bad not gonna lie, for some reason theres a bunch of magic stuff and one character can transform into a beast for some reason , it's just all over the place , I was expecting somthing like vinland saga or samurai Champloo. This was very dissapointing.
May 2, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
Maybe the producers thought no one would care if there wasn't some crazy shit going on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2021 6:59 AM
Dec 2019
Because it's been an age old trope in Oda Nobunaga stories to have a Fantastica lelement towards it...

That fault is on you guys... for not being grown up with stuff like Yotoden, Kyomu Senshi Miroku, Black Lion, Sword of Alexander, Samurai Resurrection, Karasu Tengu Kabuto. Due to Oda being the one that called himself the Devil thingie or his superior mechanics and guns... it was largely a myth that he had done a pact with the devil or aliens.

That's the first thing I thought of when i saw this, and it all felt quite natural or off. I did not even need a wordlbuilding to see what they were going for.
May 3, 2021 7:26 AM

Dec 2008
There were few scenes in a trailer that reminded me of Nioh (especially something that looked like Nobunaga Castle), and I was like "lol, nope". And when in Nioh it was fine, then I didn't want to watch anything similar, only in anime format. Glad I didn't touch it, lol
May 3, 2021 9:35 AM
Dec 2019
Calissa said:
There were few scenes in a trailer that reminded me of Nioh (especially something that looked like Nobunaga Castle), and I was like "lol, nope". And when in Nioh it was fine, then I didn't want to watch anything similar, only in anime format. Glad I didn't touch it, lol

It's nothing like Nioh tho... Nioh relies more on Yokai folklore
May 3, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2008
d0postma said:
Calissa said:

It's nothing like Nioh tho... Nioh relies more on Yokai folklore

yeah, I know, I've played it ;) Just i saw few similarities. And probably Nioh still told better story about Yasuke than this anime xD
May 3, 2021 9:52 AM
Dec 2019
Calissa said:
And probably Nioh still told better story about Yasuke than this anime xD

That I can't deny, but i have experienced both you only have an assumption of Yasuke.
May 10, 2021 5:32 PM
Feb 2021
Considering this anime was made by the same people who made canon busters. I was not at all surprised to see a mech
May 19, 2021 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
I was in it for the idea of Samurai Champloo. I skipped a lot of the first episode so seeing Haruto the giant robot kind of blindsided me on the river.

It didn't feel too bad. I thought it'd have sprinkles of subtle fantasy like Mugen cutting into someone with wind as his blade.

Then I saw how far the Mecha went.
All in all I was turned off by the mercenary team at first but didn't mind it so much after.

I don't know about the idea of it being tagged as a Historical thing. I assumed given that not too much is known about Yasuke, they'd take a lot of creative direction with him. JUST.nOT tHE.aCtuAL.sEttING ITSELF.

Just not Mecha. Supernatural isnt crazy bouncing off the walls. Mecha like 300 years ago (from Mongolia I read somewhere in the show info) is kinda crazy bouncing off the walls.

Idk maybe I didn't see on Wikipedia that Yasuke lived at a time where there was a at least a hundred Mecha roaming around in Japan. I don't know!??

Was bummed out about the lady & the robot for some reason. Really rushed afterwards.

We all know American VA's can sound dry as a desert sometimes. And forced for some reason

I thought her journey would be like Fu's and we'd get more of a multiple sided story Fu and assassin's along the way.

The mercenary team seemed interesting looking back at it and I thought they could've added more interaction between the team members and background.

Plopping them in at this episode was weird af
regardless that their mercenaries. Storywise I mean. Seaming them into the story just felt like others said, just random. Hence why I thought they could've had their character shown more.

Got weirdly buddy-buddy. I could've sworn I heard the two black guys say if one of them sees each other again then....

More story could've been given to the merc team. It would give time to be more comfortable with the characters instead of just throwing them in.
A writer can write a lot about a robot in the Edo period interacting and bonding with humans.
A Russian that can turn into a bear
Another brother in Japan.
Girl that sees robot as friend and likes killing people with "it"

Like why not put more of their story in if they're just gonna plopped up out of nowhere and hero it out.

I actually didn't know it was gonna be 6 episodes until I stopped watching after the robot exploded. Looked the show up because at that point it reached a climax of weird for me so I wanted to see what others would feel. 6 episodes is not really enough for this. I see big landscape in the animations. But it feels really small because it's really rushed. Like I didn't know there's one episode left.

I thought it'd be 12 and I thought the Yasuke's old friend, the doctor would try to take advantage of the girl and her powers, they leave, and: story moves on and they keep on traveling

Like Michiko to Hatchin, Champloo, Lord of the Rings what have you. A journey.

This is a journey cut far too short. It feels like the story went camping in the backyard instead of a full-fledged trip.

______

Geez take 6 episodes and build the world around the characters in a wholesome way to invite a second season.

___------_______---____--__-

Honestly, we could've had 6 episodes for the first leg of their trip with a focus on the Priest's gambit and his mercenary team, world building, and Yasuke's past life.
The Priest be the boss at the end of the six epsodes. Later season(s) would make him look a lame bitch in terms of power, compared to the later bosses they encounter. So I'd probably want to see a second season on their continued journey to find this "doctor" for the girl.

End the first season with Yasuke realizing the doctor is his old pal or that the girl is the daughter of the woman he killed. (Is she?) Make and ambiguous type entrance to the next antagonist

Or end the first season by giving out a nod to a hidden piece of plot that makes the viewer want to go back to a previous episode and like seeing a puzzle come together.

The reality is the show didn't feel dramatic enough.

kUshPandA_ENJOiMay 19, 2021 9:17 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jun 2, 2021 10:50 PM
Dec 2016
nexu101 said:
I've watched Sengoku Era anime a lot, and this is far from the first time a mecha has appeared in anime set in Sengoku times. I'm still watching the Yasuke anime, so maybe I should hold my opinion back since I've seen people say that by the end of the anime, it's not really fully developed (which sounds like a valid critique, but I can't comment on that until I finish it). But honestly, I am not really bothered by the presence of mecha units. It's anime. It's fantasy. Directors and story writers love to take creative liberties and throw in a hodge-podge of fantastical imagery and plotlines. Sengoku BASARA comes to mind, and there's a mecha in that anime/game series too who is not really ever explained either. I personally don't think there is much benefit in holding a high expectation of historical accuracy for any anime set in the Sengoku Era because it's extremely rare that someone tries to portray it realistically. That's what live-action NHK Taiga drams are for, and even they border on fantasy often. Anime provides the medium to explore all of these other ideas with full creative liberties. We've all shared a laugh at how real life figures are portrayed in anime, like anime Bill Clinton from the Fate series, haha. Maybe we can dial back the serious a bit and just enjoy it. If this anime isn't your cup of tea though, perfectly understandable. This post is already sounding more like a rant that I want it to, so I'll get off my soapbox now.
. Thank you for speaking some sense. I’ve seen so many anime from this era and they almost always have at least some magic . And if Nobunaga is in it then you’re absolutely getting some technology that’s way too advanced. That’s just how they view the guy. It’s like how every nazi movie has some crazy science experiment shit . So idk why everyone wants to immediately shit on the show just for having mechs and magic. It’s weird. It’s anime like do you guys not like anime anymore??
Jul 26, 2021 8:48 AM
Oct 2019
I really want to know what is the thought process from LeSean Thomas.
Aug 2, 2021 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Because Mecha makes everything better.
Aug 31, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 2020
PattyWack said:
Like why?

Like why?

Seriously?

Why not mecha? Why can't a story be recreated using fantasy & magic elements? It's not like this is the only the only anime with such elements and being based around Oda Nobunaga & his aide.
Aug 31, 2021 6:48 AM
Feb 2021
Kays90 said:
PattyWack said:
Like why?

Like why?

Seriously?

Why not mecha? Why can't a story be recreated using fantasy & magic elements? It's not like this is the only the only anime with such elements and being based around Oda Nobunaga & his aide.

I guess that true but at the end of the day this anime was advertised as something else and this anime fuckin sucks
Sep 2, 2021 2:30 PM
Feb 2020
PattyWack said:
Kays90 said:

I guess that true but at the end of the day this anime was advertised as something else and this anime fuckin sucks

I don't know what kind of advertisements are you talking about. The trailer released by Netflix clearly shows magic & mecha elements.

As for whether any anime sucks or not, its personal preference. Like in this case, you didn't but I liked it.
Oct 3, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 2021
The mechas felt very out of place for me. And that marvel team with a priest trying to abduct a little girl was just too much.
May 22, 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
I'm asking the same question. I instantly dropped it when I saw those Mechas lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yasuke Episode 5 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 29, 2021

21 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 29, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Yasuke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Apr 29, 2021

51 by Adnash »»
Jan 14, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yasuke Episode 4 Discussion

8 by Adnash »»
Jan 14, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Yasuke Episode 3 Discussion

14 by Adnash »»
Jan 13, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Yasuke Episode 2 Discussion

CandleBoy - Apr 29, 2021

16 by Adnash »»
Jan 12, 4:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.