Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 12, 2021 8:02 AM

May 2021
So i just finished the season 2, which left me with a huge cliffhanger and it will be a waste if they will not make any season 3... so any news about season 3?
Aug 12, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
I couldn't find any, but I just finished it too and that definitely was pretty cliffhanger ugh. At least it got two seasons though.
Aug 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Sep 2015
@BlueWaze @DKDiabloLicht Last I heard, the LN was getting shitcanned after the 16th volume wraps up - the Lindvolus/Lindwurm arc. Sales have declined massively for a while now, and honestly, it's probably because I'm not the only one who feels the anime adapted the best parts of the series. The Gryps Arc wasn't bad but it had some really bad moments, and it wasn't as good as the first couple of arcs the anime covered. The Lindvolus/Lindwurm arc is nothing short of a dumpster fire.

I'd be shocked if it ever got an S3, with the anime adaptation not being very successful and the source material sales hitting a steep decline.

Aug 12, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2021
The fact that there's an INFINITE number of Manga to get picked up is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because we get so many new shows all the time that we might really love(or hate lol) but it's a curse because they so easily drop shows even if they had a decent following for the chance at landing a MHA or Demon Slayer. I had seen a few Anime over the years but I just really started getting into it 6 months ago and I've been disappointed sooo many times by an ending or just no season 2 already. Then you come to the forums and you get "read the Manga" ugh lol, I don't mind reading and I just bought several books but I'd prefer to watch it
Aug 12, 2021 9:10 AM

May 2021
Manaban said:
@BlueWaze @DKDiabloLicht Last I heard, the LN was getting shitcanned after the 16th volume wraps up - the Lindvolus/Lindwurm arc. Sales have declined massively for a while now, and honestly, it's probably because I'm not the only one who feels the anime adapted the best parts of the series. The Gryps Arc wasn't bad but it had some really bad moments, and it wasn't as good as the first couple of arcs the anime covered. The Lindvolus/Lindwurm arc is nothing short of a dumpster fire.

I'd be shocked if it ever got an S3, with the anime adaptation not being very successful and the source material sales hitting a steep decline.

Yeah i saw in the social media that this anime was not kinda popular... but somehow its kinda interesting to see how season 3 goes cuz i dont really like to read manga...
Aug 12, 2021 9:18 AM

Jun 2021
BlueWaze said:
Manaban said:

Yeah i saw in the social media that this anime was not kinda popular... but somehow its kinda interesting to see how season 3 goes cuz i dont really like to read manga...

Yeah me neither
I don't like reading generally ....lol

I don't think it'll get 3rd season
The sales weren't good enough and the the adaptation was also not well received...
Aug 12, 2021 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
@Yo_ItzChika @BlueWaze yeah it kind of blows, I rather liked the series myself

I do think, for what it's worth, we did get to see the best parts of it adapted too

i read the light novels and, well, they kind of nosedive

Aug 12, 2021 10:20 AM
May 2021
It’s going to be awesome bro anime
Aug 12, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 2020
Like No Game No Life, your best bet is to read the source material. These kinda shows are pseudo advertisements to get you read the light novels
Aug 12, 2021 6:08 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Maybe after they make chivilary of a failed knigth season 2....be happy you got a season 2....
Aug 13, 2021 4:39 PM
Feb 2017
I dont think so....many of the LN readers left after the last shitty events and the dragging of the story and am not gonna spoil here....so no.no more anime
Aug 13, 2021 4:41 PM
Feb 2017
momentie said:
Maybe after they make chivilary of a failed knigth season 2....be happy you got a season 2....
that was ust a stick up anime and shouldnt count...how i regret watching it
Aug 13, 2021 4:44 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
TaReq_Dwairi said:
momentie said:

'A stick up'? Why would you regret watching it? It's production was top notch and it's story and character sincere, it achieved exactly what it wanted to within it's own fields and only failed in that it didn't countinue. What else were you looking for๐Ÿ˜….
Aug 13, 2021 5:10 PM
Feb 2017
momentie said:
TaReq_Dwairi said:

'A stick up'? Why would you regret watching it? It's production was top notch and it's story and character sincere, it achieved exactly what it wanted to within it's own fields and only failed in that it didn't countinue. What else were you looking for๐Ÿ˜….

Its a "stick up" since it only replaced an anime that was on the roaster for that season but the author drew his story from the making based on differences with the studio...and the story kick off wasnt that good.....he was the weakest through the years and once the heroine shows up he becomes the strongest? Thats a lot of bull
Aug 13, 2021 5:18 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
TaReq_Dwairi said:
momentie said:

Its a "stick up" since it only replaced an anime that was on the roaster for that season but the author drew his story from the making based on differences with the studio...and the story kick off wasnt that good.....he was the weakest through the years and once the heroine shows up he becomes the strongest? Thats a lot of bull

With respect friend thats a fairly shallow reading. For one power levels aren't the point of the show, it is after all not trying to be a cheap romcom but rather something more about the corruption of power and class systems. Even if it's just power system your interested in they do explain his technique, how it's limited and comes at the cost of personal injury, all a far cry from the generic Protag, like the one in the show this forum is for.

Further calling it a season filler is superfluous when A. It was actually the first show the director did for the studio and he put quite an amount of passion into bringing over his style and what he'd learned from his time in studio shaft (hence the rather unique opening animation and the creative semi-monochrome visuals used to convey the protagonists sensory deprivation in the last couple EPs, which is just plain brillaint yet simply use of the visual medium), but B. All shows are season filler, that isn't critism it's how anime is made these days, that goes for em all, films and ova are the exception and well ovas arnt that big anymore, so not really a valid compliant, if what your saying is it's cheap TV to fill a time space, then I'd point out that the production values undeniable suggest otherwise๐Ÿ‘.
Oct 20, 2021 6:39 PM
Aug 2021
I hope there is a season 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

152 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

82 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

80 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.