Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Dec 2013

Suggest anything here related to the RP Games and the RP venue in general.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2021 2:19 AM

Dec 2011
Since non-Timerus aren't allowed to wield weapons, I get the feeling some (like myself) want to somehow get a weapon into their builds/characters.

Instead, why not make it that Light Weapons are counted as Heavy Weapons for Azazel and Ersylien since they are smaller and physically weaker. This way you could also wield weapons and Azazel and Ersylien who use weapon enchantment/infusion can also do stuff on their own/without the help of Timerus. And since it will be counted as heavy weapons, they can't dual wield/wield with shield. So two handed weapons, or shieldbearing is still only possible for Timerus... and if you want, Etheric forms. Although Azazel and Ersylien still need to carry around a two handed weapon without being able to use it until they reach Etheric form..

For ranged, there would be the shortbow and longbow, where the longbow has further reach and armor penetrating properties, while also dealing more damage.
Jul 7, 2021 6:42 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
Since non-Timerus aren't allowed to wield weapons, I get the feeling some (like myself) want to somehow get a weapon into their builds/characters.

Instead, why not make it that Light Weapons are counted as Heavy Weapons for Azazel and Ersylien since they are smaller and physically weaker. This way you could also wield weapons and Azazel and Ersylien who use weapon enchantment/infusion can also do stuff on their own/without the help of Timerus. And since it will be counted as heavy weapons, they can't dual wield/wield with shield. So two handed weapons, or shieldbearing is still only possible for Timerus... and if you want, Etheric forms. Although Azazel and Ersylien still need to carry around a two handed weapon without being able to use it until they reach Etheric form..

For ranged, there would be the shortbow and longbow, where the longbow has further reach and armor penetrating properties, while also dealing more damage.

I guess I can make it possible. But for Ersylien and Azazel , wielding weapons are just both ineffective and inefficient, here are the considerations:

• Most Ersylien and Azazel probably has the physical strength of a child that is 10 years old, since their body stops at age 12, some even at age 10 or 8, depends. It ranges from 6-12. Wielding weapons like bow and sword might be possible, but does not at all make sense when we compare against Timerus and the power of Nethecites out there in dungeons. So logically it would be ineffective.

• Perhaps the most basic reason is that each population has it own appeal and potentials. Ersylien and Azazel have a lot of appeals in the sense that 1) they can use magic, obviously here they can attack with long distance 2) They can do buff/debuff only with using AE without having to spend money to buy items or equipment, in which items and equipment are far more limited for giving buff/debuff 3) Etheric form allows you to wield let's say a godly weapon of your choice, a weapon that is not in the market 4) Fusion mode is something also unique for Ersylien and Azazel

• A more detailed reasons: I understand when you said light weapon should be accounted as heavy weapons for Ersylien and Azazel, this then has something to do with the WeightGradeCapacity, which is naturally already taken into account as can be seen in this post https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 . For example Ersylien's WeightGradeCapacity (character level 10) = 8, while Timerus WeightGradeCapacity (character level 10) = 20. Considering Ersylien and Azazel main power is magic, ideally they want to always keep probably about 2 bottles of Ether and Hi-Ether to cure their AE, and each of those items has their own WeightGrade as can be seen in XingBard Shop https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1933758#msg63621805 . Then they also more likely need to be equipped with accessories to increase their AE and Magic power, which again has its own WeightGrade. Having all these needed, it seems having weapons with another WeightGrade will be over limit (more than the WeightGradeCapacity). This makes wielding weapon inefficient.

• In addition to the reason number 2: It is impossible or absurd if a person has the strength=0, that is why in the character creation, although currently Ersylien and Azazel cannot use weapons or does not do physical attacks, they still have the stats strength as one of the parameters to be filled out. But then what is the use of strength in Ersylien and Azazel? Currently none, its useless, its just there to make it reasonable. If you look at the stats growth in GuideBook post number 3 under sub-heading battle statistics https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 , the Strength growth for Ersylien and Azazel are not at all comparable to Strength growth of Timerus. Timerus is like more than twice stronger when especially at higher level. But the Ersylien and Azazel's Intelligence are definitely on par with Timerus's Strenght parameter. Therefore, wouldn't it be a bad choice to maximize something that we know its gonna be poor even at higher level?

• Still on post 3 Guide Book, under sub-heading Gaining New Skills https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 . Each character will learn one new skill at level 5, 8, 10, 15 .... Currently I even do not include learning techniques for Ersylien and Azazel at that level. At level 5, 8, 10... Ersylien and Azazel will learn new spells, and Timerus will learn technique. If it happens that Ersylien and Azazel can wield weapon and use technique, I don't think its a good idea for Ersylien and Azazel to learn Technique and waste the chance to learn new spell when they are at level 5, 8, 10....., since obviously learning new skill is a rare chance, and one would want to learn various things that maximize their potential, instead of learning things that they are poor at? And wielding weapons without having Techniques is useless.

From these considerations, if you think its still make sense for Ersylien and Azazel to wield weapon, then I could try to modify and add some rules in the Guide Book.

Jul 7, 2021 7:29 AM

Dec 2011
I feel like the choice should still be there if you can put points into Strength. Disabling the use of techniques for non-Timerus would be possible too, making it so only Timerus can effectively use their weapons, but Azazel and Ersylien can overcome the differences if their Zodiac spells are used effectively. That means that Azazel and Ersylien can't develop techniques, so they cant be created by those races either.

I also didnt think Etheric Forms were used in that way, I thought of them as zodiac spells but with a stronger base. I must've missed the part where they gain a godly weapon.

On the topic of potions > mp recovery > mp, I dont think the mp cost of zodiac and etheric spells have been mentioned, or I missed that part too. I was wondering whether its 1 spell = 1 mp, or spells have their own separate mp costs
Jul 7, 2021 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
I feel like the choice should still be there if you can put points into Strength. Disabling the use of techniques for non-Timerus would be possible too, making it so only Timerus can effectively use their weapons, but Azazel and Ersylien can overcome the differences if their Zodiac spells are used effectively. That means that Azazel and Ersylien can't develop techniques, so they cant be created by those races either.

I also didnt think Etheric Forms were used in that way, I thought of them as zodiac spells but with a stronger base. I must've missed the part where they gain a godly weapon.

On the topic of potions > mp recovery > mp, I dont think the mp cost of zodiac and etheric spells have been mentioned, or I missed that part too. I was wondering whether its 1 spell = 1 mp, or spells have their own separate mp costs

Alright, lets see what I can do. I will make changes to this probably tomorrow. So basically allow Ersylien and Azazel to wield light weapon. That means I have to add some rules for Gaining New Skills, for them to learn Techniques as well.

Ahh, this is just I made it up, I mean when you are in Etheric Mode, you can have an Etheric Form that is basically weaponless or wield weapon, but the outcome should be magic type offensive in any case.

MP is basically AE in this RP, and the AE cost of using Zodiac Spell can be seen in post number 3 GuideBook under Gaining New Skills https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 . In your case and everyone case now at Level 1, according to that post, is that the AE used = BaseEffect, since BaseEffect 2, so AEcost=2 for using that Spell

Jul 7, 2021 8:05 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:

Alright, lets see what I can do. I will make changes to this probably tomorrow. So basically allow Ersylien and Azazel to wield light weapon. That means I have to add some rules for Gaining New Skills, for them to learn Techniques as well.

No, I think techniques should be Timerus only still. The reason being that Timerus' physical capabilities are better than Azazel/Ersylien. This would allow Azazel to have some sort of defense without the use of AE. Or something like an elemental buff zodiac spell to buff themselves physically/buff their weapons somehow.

This would let Timerus be still unique in using techniques.
Jul 7, 2021 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
philtecturophy said:

No, I think techniques should be Timerus only still. The reason being that Timerus' physical capabilities are better than Azazel/Ersylien. This would allow Azazel to have some sort of defense without the use of AE. Or something like an elemental buff zodiac spell to buff themselves physically/buff their weapons somehow.

This would let Timerus be still unique in using techniques.

Ahh okay I got it, so its just adding some rules that state Ersylien and Azazel are allowed to wield light weapon. And I think I will have to change the character creation sheet too for Ersylien and Azazel that basically has the sub heading about wielding Weapons like Timerus, but without Technique

Jul 13, 2021 6:26 AM

Sep 2016
Suggestion 1: Modified the look of the calculations a bit with spoilers for a better overview. Added what the calculation are dependend on. Added Max HP and Evasion to the final Conclusion. Maybe add this and a similar one for Ersylien/Azazel as templates in the ADMIN STUFFS thread?

ACTION TAKEN & CALCULATION AS NEEDED

Calculation Base Values (^Level^)

Calculation TAE (^Level^)

Calculation Enemy EV (^Enemy^)

Max HP=34 || CurrentHP=34
Physical Evasion=6 || Magic Evasion=6
TotalActionEffect= 4 to Enemy || 2% chance for Enemy to evade

Jul 13, 2021 6:31 AM

Sep 2016
Suggestion 2: I think it is really hard to think about if an attack with 2% chance to evade will hit or not. It will probably hit, but theres always the possibility to miss. So I would suggest that the admins roll for the hit with a D100 (100 sided dice). If the Result is higher than the evasion rate (for 2% roll a 3 or higher) it hits. Later on if there are higher evasion rates i think it would me even more important to roll dice.

If someone may feel that we might cheat, the admins could us a webtool where we can see the rolls we made, just to check on each other
Jul 13, 2021 6:37 AM

Dec 2013
@Phileasson yes this is perfect! I think you got it pretty quick after watching the video. The only correction I have for your template is to change the subheading "Calculation Base Values" to "Calculation Battle Statistics".

Coz base values are values in character statistics.
We are using values from Character Statistics to compute parameters in Battle Statistics.

I will add this your template to admins stuff for Timerus RP template.
I will make the Ersylien Azazel format following that.

Thanks for the suggestion

Jul 13, 2021 6:44 AM

Dec 2013
Phileasson said:
Suggestion 2: I think it is really hard to think about if an attack with 2% chance to evade will hit or not. It will probably hit, but theres always the possibility to miss. So I would suggest that the admins roll for the hit with a D100 (100 sided dice). If the Result is higher than the evasion rate (for 2% roll a 3 or higher) it hits. Later on if there are higher evasion rates i think it would me even more important to roll dice.

If someone may feel that we might cheat, the admins could us a webtool where we can see the rolls we made, just to check on each other

This is very good, very ideal actually. But do you know the simplest website that can help us roll that 100 sides dice?
I was hoping that members could do the RP calculations and all its process without admin has to check or roll the dice for them every time its their turn. Else the admins will have a lot of works to do, edtting their posts, rolling the dice for them, etc.

Thats why I made video, not only for the admins, but for the members to be able to do the RP battle by themselves, hopefully

Jul 13, 2021 6:49 AM

Sep 2016
https://rolldicewithfriends.com/rooms/echelon

Try if you can see what I rolled

I guess we have to try what will be too much work and what wont
Jul 13, 2021 6:50 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
This is a bit off topic but, do you remember in the character creation thread I said that Altheria was saved by a witch and Cletian said in the forest that

You are the one that Ma saved from the wolf.

Is this going to be one of your NPCs or what?
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ❄ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Jul 13, 2021 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
Phileasson said:
https://rolldicewithfriends.com/rooms/echelon

Try if you can see what I rolled

I guess we have to try what will be too much work and what wont

You got 54?
Oh okay its working, see whats mine

3miL said:
This is a bit off topic but, do you remember in the character creation thread I said that Altheria was saved by a witch and Cletian said in the forest that

You are the one that Ma saved from the wolf.

Is this going to be one of your NPCs or what?

I guess Cletian is the only NPC that is related to Altheria. But his Ma did save you, then perhaps it is an NPC also, but a side NPC, not the main one I suppose

Jul 13, 2021 7:06 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
philtecturophy said:
I guess Cletian is the only NPC that is related to Altheria. But his Ma did save you, then perhaps it is an NPC also, but a side NPC, not the main one I suppose

Oh haha, bec I put in the character creation thread that a witch saved her and I kind of posted again in the Colosseum that Altheria would be working hard to be a good witch/spellcaster someday. I was thinking I'd ask that one of your npcs be it someday but I guess all of them are already set huh?

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

Jul 13, 2021 7:20 AM

Dec 2013
3miL said:
philtecturophy said:

Oh haha, bec I put in the character creation thread that a witch saved her and I kind of posted again in the Colosseum that Altheria would be working hard to be a good witch/spellcaster someday. I was thinking I'd ask that one of your npcs be it someday but I guess all of them are already set huh?

Actually yes, I could make another NPC, which is Cletian's mom. Its not set, and if there would be an interesting side story, then I should make one. So give me some time to create her. Anyway, you are in the main story currently, so would not be able to visit her anytime soon :^)

Jul 13, 2021 7:27 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
philtecturophy said:
3miL said:

Actually yes, I could make another NPC, which is Cletian's mom. Its not set, and if there would be an interesting side story, then I should make one. So give me some time to create her. Anyway, you are in the main story currently, so would not be able to visit her anytime soon :^)

Yeah just preparing for the future lol

Although I think Altheria's savior shouldn't be Cletian's mom but a separate High level Ersylien. What do you think?

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

Jul 13, 2021 11:16 AM

Sep 2016
Seems like the dice tool works for now. We could give the link to everyone so everyone can roll for themselves. Since we have the names with the rolls everyone can check on everyone else, so noone can really cheat. That way admins wont have more work to do
Jul 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Dec 2013
3miL said:
philtecturophy said:

Although I think Altheria's savior shouldn't be Cletian's mom but a separate High level Ersylien. What do you think?

Oh, I have not think about it. Besides Cletian already mentioned in the first part of the story that his mom was the one saving Altheria. I could make up somehow that Cletian's mom used to work with Isaia Clementine (High Level Ersylien), although it may be a little bit forcing the story. I will think about it more as the story goes

Jul 14, 2021 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
Phileasson said:
Seems like the dice tool works for now. We could give the link to everyone so everyone can roll for themselves. Since we have the names with the rolls everyone can check on everyone else, so noone can really cheat. That way admins wont have more work to do

Alright I will make announcement about this. I think the link should be somewhat be included in the RP battle template, under the sub heading ACTION TAKEN & CALCULATION AS NEEDED, so they don't have to look elsewhere to find the link to the site.

Jul 14, 2021 2:05 AM

Dec 2013
@Phileasson
So here is the new template, I just add the link to Roll dice at the last step

TIMERUS RP TEMPLATE

ACTION TAKEN & CALCULATION AS NEEDED

Calculation Battle Statistics (^Level^)

Calculation TAE (^Level^)

Calculation Enemy EV (^Enemy^)

Max HP=34 || CurrentHP=34
Physical Evasion=6 || Magic Evasion=6
TotalActionEffect= 4 to Enemy || 2% chance for Enemy to evade [Role dice] --> hit

Jul 14, 2021 3:45 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
philtecturophy said:
3miL said:

Oh, I have not think about it. Besides Cletian already mentioned in the first part of the story that his mom was the one saving Altheria. I could make up somehow that Cletian's mom used to work with Isaia Clementine (High Level Ersylien), although it may be a little bit forcing the story. I will think about it more as the story goes

No worries, this is exactly why I edited the bio bec it looks like my vision for the chara was diff from how I understood the story, as you said earlier I will change it as it goes on

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

Jul 14, 2021 11:15 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
btw regarding the club signature, can I also request for a matching forum avatar whe n I make a request? You know, just to match lol

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

Jul 14, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
3miL said:
btw regarding the club signature, can I also request for a matching forum avatar whe n I make a request? You know, just to match lol

Yes of course, sure you can, you can make a request here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934197 and make a note that you want a matching avatar too.

Jul 14, 2021 11:25 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
philtecturophy said:
3miL said:

Yes of course, sure you can, you can make a request here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934197 and make a note that you want a matching avatar too.

On the circle thingy at the center it will have the RP character's human/etheric form right? or is it already set like that?

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

Jul 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2013
3miL said:
philtecturophy said:

On the circle thingy at the center it will have the RP character's human/etheric form right? or is it already set like that?

Its gonna be your character's human photo, with your character's name and level. You can choose also if you want it to be your character's Etheric photo instead.

Jul 16, 2021 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
I'd like to suggest a better system for both classes and types of attacks, right now it's too stiff and there's only one way to play each type of characters. If you're Azazel/Ersylien just dump everything into INT, if you're Timerus you don't even have INT which doesn't allow any creativity in how a character works or is made. I can understand Timures benefiting more from STR than the others and the same case the other way around but maybe have an incentive to mix and match stats a bit more.
For example if a Azazel/Ersylien uses a weapon in their attacks have it count as physical damage and be calculated with STR instead of INT and if it a spell have that one be calculated with INT.
Maybe in the case of Timerus having INT included could help them canonically be smarter maybe as a benefit letting them use their items, tools, etc. more efficiently or have a slight more chance to crit by knowing weakspots or so.
Jul 16, 2021 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
-Yamato- said:
I'd like to suggest a better system for both classes and types of attacks, right now it's too stiff and there's only one way to play each type of characters. If you're Azazel/Ersylien just dump everything into INT, if you're Timerus you don't even have INT which doesn't allow any creativity in how a character works or is made. I can understand Timures benefiting more from STR than the others and the same case the other way around but maybe have an incentive to mix and match stats a bit more.
For example if a Azazel/Ersylien uses a weapon in their attacks have it count as physical damage and be calculated with STR instead of INT and if it a spell have that one be calculated with INT.
Maybe in the case of Timerus having INT included could help them canonically be smarter maybe as a benefit letting them use their items, tools, etc. more efficiently or have a slight more chance to crit by knowing weakspots or so.

Actually it is possible for Ersylien and Azazel to equip light weapon such as light sword. Its stated in the Guide book, all your character need to do is to buy it. The equation for the unarmed attack and attack with weapon is also specified in the GuideBook under UNARMED ATTACK AND ATTACK WITHOUT USING TECHNIQUE, which as you said, involves Strength.

TotalActionEffectWithoutAccessory =ceiling {Level * Strength/[1.52 x Level + 4.48] x EthericModifier)}

The difference is that, Ersylien and Azazel cannot use Technique, so they can only rely on magic for high damage. But then the strength can be used if the AE is reduced to 0 and don't have any ether with you.

Now here, I understand you character has points a lot distributed to strength, and it is seems unfair. So I have been thinking about a type of attack that is spell buffed. Such as sword infused by fire magic, which then combine your strength and intelligence parameter to result in damage. Is this align with your thought?

But for stats growth, Ersylien and Azazel will have higher growth in intelligence than strength, coz they are naturally born with magic talent. Their body even only grow until 12 years old, so physical strength is not comparable to Timerus.

As for Timerus, they don't need intelligence. Its not that they are stupid or anything Lol. Its just that intelligence here means it is used for Magic, and Timerus cannot use magic. But they can use throw items like magic ball and shuriken as substitute to magic, although will not be as great as true spell from Ersylien and Azazel.

Jul 16, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah I agree that Azazel/Ersylien would do less physical damage given their body's and that Timerus in the other hand do more physical damage because of it.
In my characters case and I believe also Wookongs case I think they would have physical attacks in their hits since my character uses a sword and Wookong a staff which maybe would be calculated with STR but also have spell buffs to them like the fire infused magic and his clones (I think, not sure)
Yes I think having something for those sort of combined attacks aligns with my thought.

As for the Timerus stuff I was suggesting it just as something that might make it more interesting for character creation that way they can decide whether they'd like to focus in one thing more or the other such as the benefits I mentioned before.
Jul 16, 2021 3:36 PM

Dec 2011
Taking Precautions

I took a look at Taking Precautions and it seems too weak to even be considered. It might be because evasion rate right now is very low, which makes it seem like an inconsiderable amount. So if we take a higher level character and calculate their TotalEvasionRate without taking precautions and without accessories we could figure out better if it's balanced or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to increase C-EV either, or I must've missed it.

Let's take Ersylien and Azazel first:
C-EV: 5/5
C-EV physical Evasion=ceiling (base physical evasion + base physical evasion/5 x level /m) = ceiling (5 + 5/5 x 50/4) = 17.5
C-EV magic Evasion=Ceiling (base magic evasion + base magic evasion/5 x level /m) = Ceiling (5 + 5/5 x 50/2) = 30
TotalEvasionRatePhysical= ceiling {(A-EV physical + S-EV physical + C-EV physical )/300 x 100%} = ceiling{(0+ 0 + 17.5)/300 x 100%} = 6% chance to evade Attack

TotalEvasionRateMagic= ceiling {(A-EV magic+ S-EV magic+ C-EV magic)/300 x 100%} = ceiling{(0+ 0 + 30)/300 x 100%} = 10% chance to evade Ability

So on level 50, there's a base 10% chance to evade magic and a 6% chance to evade physical attacks. Taking precautions ups that to 20% and 12%, which really seems lacklustre, especially considering it reduces damage. And the chance of failure on evasion would still be pretty big.

For Timerus, it'd be switching the values for physical and magic.

With still 80% chance to be hit by what they're strong against.

Suggestions:
  • Damage Taken reduced because you're taking precautions, which makes it not completely useless if you do get hit still
  • Increase in boost for evasion rate
  • Have the Take Precaution calculation scale with level (stronger and more experience in combat scenarios)

Of course, it's up for discussion!
Discount66Jul 16, 2021 3:45 PM
Jul 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Sep 2016
-Yamato- said:
Yeah I agree that Azazel/Ersylien would do less physical damage given their body's and that Timerus in the other hand do more physical damage because of it.
In my characters case and I believe also Wookongs case I think they would have physical attacks in their hits since my character uses a sword and Wookong a staff which maybe would be calculated with STR but also have spell buffs to them like the fire infused magic and his clones (I think, not sure)
Yes I think having something for those sort of combined attacks aligns with my thought.

As for the Timerus stuff I was suggesting it just as something that might make it more interesting for character creation that way they can decide whether they'd like to focus in one thing more or the other such as the benefits I mentioned before.

Maybe with timerus there could be a system that gives them the possibilities of debuffs. Maybe the higher your intelligence is, the better debuffs you can incorporate into your attacks. Something like you have an intelligence of 4 and therefore can see the possibility to use your sword to throw dust/sand into the enemies eyes, so that they get blinded (just as an example)
Jul 16, 2021 7:43 PM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
Taking Precautions

I took a look at Taking Precautions and it seems too weak to even be considered. It might be because evasion rate right now is very low, which makes it seem like an inconsiderable amount. So if we take a higher level character and calculate their TotalEvasionRate without taking precautions and without accessories we could figure out better if it's balanced or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to increase C-EV either, or I must've missed it.

Let's take Ersylien and Azazel first:
C-EV: 5/5
C-EV physical Evasion=ceiling (base physical evasion + base physical evasion/5 x level /m) = ceiling (5 + 5/5 x 50/4) = 17.5
C-EV magic Evasion=Ceiling (base magic evasion + base magic evasion/5 x level /m) = Ceiling (5 + 5/5 x 50/2) = 30
TotalEvasionRatePhysical= ceiling {(A-EV physical + S-EV physical + C-EV physical )/300 x 100%} = ceiling{(0+ 0 + 17.5)/300 x 100%} = 6% chance to evade Attack

TotalEvasionRateMagic= ceiling {(A-EV magic+ S-EV magic+ C-EV magic)/300 x 100%} = ceiling{(0+ 0 + 30)/300 x 100%} = 10% chance to evade Ability

So on level 50, there's a base 10% chance to evade magic and a 6% chance to evade physical attacks. Taking precautions ups that to 20% and 12%, which really seems lacklustre, especially considering it reduces damage. And the chance of failure on evasion would still be pretty big.

For Timerus, it'd be switching the values for physical and magic.

With still 80% chance to be hit by what they're strong against.

Suggestions:
  • Damage Taken reduced because you're taking precautions, which makes it not completely useless if you do get hit still
  • Increase in boost for evasion rate
  • Have the Take Precaution calculation scale with level (stronger and more experience in combat scenarios)

Of course, it's up for discussion!

Damage Taken reduced because you're taking precautions, which makes it not completely useless if you do get hit still

Have the Take Precaution calculation scale with level (stronger and more experience in combat scenarios)

A very good point, so here I add damage received is reduced by half but then TotalActionEffect that we inflict to enemy is halved also instead of 0.8 of it. The formula for damage received when defending is a function of your character's level and Enemy'sTotalActionEffect.

TotalActionEffect_BD = TotalActionEffect x 0.5
and
TotalEvasionRate_AD= TotalEvasionRate x 2
and
DamageReceived_AD = Enemy'sTotalActionEffect/ (0.03 x Level + 2)
where
The subscript BD and AD indicates Before Defending (the current turn), and After Defending (1 turn right after defending) respectively

Increase in boost for evasion rate

I think when the accessory is taken into account, especially when Timerus's shield also taken into account, that will drastically increase the EV. Especially now we have include the above equation, incase of your character fail to evade, the damage taken will still be reduced.
Lets say if Accessory has A-EV magic 30 as well. Lets say also if shield is not yet taken into account

then (0+30+30)/300 x 100% = 20%
Then taking precaution = 2x20% = 40%
Which is good having 40% chance evading an attack

Jul 16, 2021 7:58 PM

Dec 2013
Phileasson said:
-Yamato- said:

Maybe with timerus there could be a system that gives them the possibilities of debuffs. Maybe the higher your intelligence is, the better debuffs you can incorporate into your attacks. Something like you have an intelligence of 4 and therefore can see the possibility to use your sword to throw dust/sand into the enemies eyes, so that they get blinded (just as an example)

Thanks for the feedback.

I would have to say that, Timerus was designed to actually has much simpler gameplay than Ersylien and Azazel, and easily to be more powerful than Ersylien and Azazel when thinking during playing is not put much into it.

Timerus stats is very high and already is having many benefits compared to Ersylien and Azazel. Basically I did some examples of calculation seeing the stats growth and it can be seen that Timerus very high HP, able to equip shield, having much higher weightGradeCapacity, and them being no need for using AE for attacking are already big advantage.

Some throw items later in the game will be available for Timerus for inflicting basic debuff into enemy like blinding them or poisoning them. But buff and debuff in Timerus relies only on items and should not in any case be more advanced than Ersylien and Azazel. Else there will be no really advantage on being Ersylien or Azazel, which specilize in magic.

Jul 16, 2021 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
@-Yamato-

So I add a spellbuff attack with weapon for Ersylien Azazel, basically the equation states that the TotalActionEffect of spell will be added to UnarmedAttack, then the total is modified by WeaponEffect and AccessoryEffect. Spell buffed attack cannot be used for multi-target attack. I have checked the calculations at different level, basically comparing virilia and senha, and the result will almost be the same for the damage at different level. The difference is that spellbuffed will gain benefits mainly from weaponModifier, while the usual magic will gain benefit from baseEffect, astralModifier, and EthericModifier, and able for MultiTarget Hit.

Here is the detail

For Ersylien and Azazel, it is possible for Ersylien and Azazel to create a spell that basically perform a spell buffed attack, such as fire infused slash with using sword. This however cannot be used for Muli target attack. The calculation for TotalActionEffect is as follows:

= TotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon= ( SpellTotalActionEffectWithoutAccessory / 2 + UnarmedTotalActionEffectWithoutAccessory x 3)

where

SpellTotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon = ceiling {BaseEffect x intelligence/[0.62 x Level + 1.38] x AstralModifier x EthericModifier )}
UnarmedTotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon = ceiling {Level * Strength/[1.52 x Level + 4.48]}
WeaponEffect = WeaponModifier/100 x TotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon
AccessoryEffect = AccessoryModifier/100 x TotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon

Then

TotalActionEffect=TotalActionEffectWithoutAccessoryAndWeapon + WeaponEffect + AccessoryEffect

Jul 17, 2021 12:53 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:
A lot of things about spellblade changes

A few questions:
  • Wookong's Just Monkeying Around, if they were to execute a punch, would it be calculated the same as an unarmed, spell enhanced attack?
  • For characters that summon a weapon without prior known weapon effects (like Wookong's quarterstaff in his Etheric Form), how does that work? Earlier you mentioned that the Etheric spell can be used to summon godly weapons, but a base effect of 2 sounds not that godly to me from a weapon's perspective.
  • This isnt really that important but where are the short swords/1H swords in the shop?
Jul 17, 2021 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
philtecturophy said:
A lot of things about spellblade changes

A few questions:
  • Wookong's Just Monkeying Around, if they were to execute a punch, would it be calculated the same as an unarmed, spell enhanced attack?
  • For characters that summon a weapon without prior known weapon effects (like Wookong's quarterstaff in his Etheric Form), how does that work? Earlier you mentioned that the Etheric spell can be used to summon godly weapons, but a base effect of 2 sounds not that godly to me from a weapon's perspective.
  • This isnt really that important but where are the short swords/1H swords in the shop?

1. Its up to you whether you want it as spell enhanced attack or purely magic. I calculated it for Wookong Level 2, if its consider SpellBuffAttack, the damage will be 11, excluding weaponEffect and accessory effect. And if it is considered full magic, damage will be 9. So you might want to use SpellBuff

2. LMAO, actually I intend to make spells rules for Etheric that basically has slightly higher upperLimiteBaseEffect, I will do it today. I have the human version for the SpellRules under GAINING NEW SKILL https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162
But currently there is still none for the Etheric Form. Well Etheric form has already multiplied by 1.25 for Etheric Modifier, so I might not give much again for new skill rules, else it will be overpowered. As for the weapon, you can mention it in the Conversation, its just for RP-ing stuff purpose, so there is no such thing as rules for Godly Weapons, it is assumed all already embedded in the calculation.

3. The Heavy Weapons and light weapon can be 1H for Timerus, but Light Weapon is 2H for Ersylien Azazel.

Jul 17, 2021 1:37 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:

1. Its up to you whether you want it as spell enhanced attack or purely magic. I calculated it for Wookong Level 2, if its consider SpellBuffAttack, the damage will be 11, excluding weaponEffect and accessory effect. And if it is considered full magic, damage will be 9. So you might want to use SpellBuff

Ah, I see. Then it can work the way I intended it after all! I'll just need something to always hasten Wookong so he can attack in the same turn.

This puts Wookong in a weird spot though, as he needs to first cast the spell and can't attack directly after unless the spell itself is the damage. It also makes him actually OP in my opinion, as a punch attack to the enemy doesn't make the clones disappear, while if an enemy decides to directly hit the clone (without protection), they'd be dealt normal spell damage.

I'll just keep using the clones as battering rams for now until this is somewhat sorted out I guess :^)

philtecturophy said:

3. The Heavy Weapons and light weapon can be 1H for Timerus, but Light Weapon is 2H for Ersylien Azazel.

Yeah, I get that but a light weapon sword-type isn't an option at all. So there currently is no 1H Sword (2H for Ersylien/Azazel).
Jul 17, 2021 1:51 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
philtecturophy said:

Ah, I see. Then it can work the way I intended it after all! I'll just need something to always hasten Wookong so he can attack in the same turn.

This puts Wookong in a weird spot though, as he needs to first cast the spell and can't attack directly after unless the spell itself is the damage. It also makes him actually OP in my opinion, as a punch attack to the enemy doesn't make the clones disappear, while if an enemy decides to directly hit the clone (without protection), they'd be dealt normal spell damage.

I'll just keep using the clones as battering rams for now until this is somewhat sorted out I guess :^)

philtecturophy said:

Yeah, I get that but a light weapon sword-type isn't an option at all. So there currently is no 1H Sword (2H for Ersylien/Azazel).

1. I don't think he is OP, at least in how it works currently, I still cannot imagine also how it can be OP as how you tell me here, I guess I have to see him in action using this, then I can tell if he is OP or not :^)

2. I actually already put the Rule of Skills that one can learn for Etheric Form in https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 , basically Etheric form will have higher UpperLimiteBaseEffect than in HumanForm.

3. Ahh I see, yes currently only dagger, but I think its still okay to serve as weapon, and we might not need sword at all for Ersylien and Azazel, since I cannot see how a 10 years old boy can handle a sword and swing it effectively. But for a dagger, it still make sense to me for them to swing it effectively. What do you think? In the end what we want is the spell buffed attack, and using knife should serve already the purpose, is it not? :^)

Jul 17, 2021 2:02 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:

3. Ahh I see, yes currently only dagger, but I think its still okay to serve as weapon, and we might not need sword at all for Ersylien and Azazel, since I cannot see how a 10 years old boy can handle a sword and swing it effectively. But for a dagger, it still make sense to me for them to swing it effectively. What do you think? In the end what we want is the spell buffed attack, and using knife should serve already the purpose, is it not? :^)

The aesthetics are important as well :^)

Aside from that, a one-handed sword can be used effectively by a smaller character, they just use two hands to use it instead of the one-hand a Timerus would normally use. Shouldn't it be dependent on WeightGradeCapacity? If a character can easily walk around with a giant sword due to their WeightGradeCapacity being well above the sword's WeightGrade, they should be able to wield it fine right?

On the topic of WeightGradeCapacity, shouldn't this also be affected by Strength?

New Question
Can you create passive/free action abilities?
Assuming you can create them, passive and free-action abilities are stronger than normal abilities, how are they going to be balanced?
Jul 17, 2021 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
philtecturophy said:

The aesthetics are important as well :^)

Aside from that, a one-handed sword can be used effectively by a smaller character, they just use two hands to use it instead of the one-hand a Timerus would normally use. Shouldn't it be dependent on WeightGradeCapacity? If a character can easily walk around with a giant sword due to their WeightGradeCapacity being well above the sword's WeightGrade, they should be able to wield it fine right?

On the topic of WeightGradeCapacity, shouldn't this also be affected by Strength?

New Question
Can you create passive/free action abilities?
Assuming you can create them, passive and free-action abilities are stronger than normal abilities, how are they going to be balanced?

ohh yeahh, aesthetic, almost forgot that aesthetic is also important :^)

Actually yes, 1H sword for Ersylien, if it has to be created, then it will have higher WeaponModifier but with higher WeightGrade, so it will penalize your WeightGradeCapacity more than dagger.

Unfortunately no, the only passive and free action abilities available in this game is from Zodiac Potency. Else it would be OP and create a lot of problems.
But it is possible to create magic that does buff and debuff at least, when you reach Level 5 at least, as explained in the Guidebook

Jul 17, 2021 2:00 PM

Dec 2011
Now I was wondering about something. Spell buffed attacks. These are counted as one action?

Since, well, you cast a spell to buff something, and then you need to attack with it, rather than cast a spell to attack. This goes for both Wookong and Senha.
Jul 17, 2021 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
My take on it is that they're one action that's why they have to be cast each time they're used and spend AE each time they attack, at least that's the case for Senha otherwise if it's a one turn to cast and then another turn to attack it would be more of a permanent buff. Don't know how it would work for Wookong though since his clones kinda stay active even after the attack in which case it's not necessary to cast the spell every time.
Jul 17, 2021 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Hey I really like the battle mechanics on every post with the calculations and stats but I'm wondering why do only the admins role the dice to find out the result? I had the thought that shouldn't the players be responsible for the result of their own actions within their own posts? Thanks
Jul 18, 2021 12:23 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
Now I was wondering about something. Spell buffed attacks. These are counted as one action?

Since, well, you cast a spell to buff something, and then you need to attack with it, rather than cast a spell to attack. This goes for both Wookong and Senha.

Yes it is counted as one action, cast spell to self, then attack. Its gonna be much like this guy in Suikoden 2, see minute: 1:40

Jul 18, 2021 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
alexthetrex said:
Hey I really like the battle mechanics on every post with the calculations and stats but I'm wondering why do only the admins role the dice to find out the result? I had the thought that shouldn't the players be responsible for the result of their own actions within their own posts? Thanks

Thanks for the inquiry.
So it is actually the players that has to do the calculations and rolling the dice.
That is why I was wondering if perhaps you could do the calculation and rolling dice yourself, if possible. In that case, your post will not be edited by the admin, and you can have the full experience of the battle in the RP. The calculation is not difficult, especially for Timerus. If you want to start learning about the battle system and everything, you can read the GuideBook
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641151

or alternatively, please watch the 20 minutes tutorial video in. The video is using Ersylien Azazel population as example. But Timerus is almost the same, usually just changing the parameter m in the equation.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641162 ,

especially take a look a bit at this post for battle mechanics
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934193#msg63641172 .

Then I guarantee you should be able to handle all the calculation yourself, and have more fun with it :^)

Please let me know if any questions
philtecturophyJul 18, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 18, 2021 1:13 AM

Dec 2011
-Yamato- said:
My take on it is that they're one action that's why they have to be cast each time they're used and spend AE each time they attack, at least that's the case for Senha otherwise if it's a one turn to cast and then another turn to attack it would be more of a permanent buff. Don't know how it would work for Wookong though since his clones kinda stay active even after the attack in which case it's not necessary to cast the spell every time.

That makes sense.

philtecturophy said:

Yes it is counted as one action, cast spell to self, then attack. Its gonna be much like this guy in Suikoden 2, see minute: 1:40

Yeah that makes sense. So since Wookong's doesn't immediately disappear he can't attack in the same turn, but he can use his clones to attack right?
Jul 18, 2021 1:32 AM

Dec 2013
@Discount66
I am not sure when you said "Wookong's doesn't immediately disappear', can he disappear?
What I know that his JMA clones are the one that can disappear or dead after collides with the enemy.
Whereas the SS clone dies only if the enemy hits it.
In my mind, JMA clones directly disappear at the turn when Wookong cast JMA clones. So after JMA clones attack at the turn he was created, they disappear

Jul 18, 2021 1:34 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:
@Discount66
I am not sure when you said "Wookong's doesn't immediately disappear', can he disappear?
What I know that his JMA clones are the one that can disappear or dead after collides with the enemy.
In my mind, JMA clones directly disappear at the turn when Wookong cast JMA clones. So after JMA clones attack at the turn he was created, they disappear

We're currently only talking about JMA.

The clones don't disappear until they are either killed or experience a rough collision. If it attacks something else, the clones themselves don't experience rough collision (unless it's ramming into enemies).

Jul 18, 2021 1:57 AM

Dec 2013
Discount66 said:
philtecturophy said:
@Discount66

We're currently only talking about JMA.

The clones don't disappear until they are either killed or experience a rough collision. If it attacks something else, the clones themselves don't experience rough collision (unless it's ramming into enemies).

Hmm, what I get is that when Wookong cast JMA clones then do JMA attack, that attack is counted as rough collision with the enemy, so the clones will disappear right after the attack. Did I get this right?

So then everytime Wookong use JMA clones to attack, it will cost AE = baseEffect.

Jul 18, 2021 2:10 AM

Dec 2011
philtecturophy said:

Hmm, what I get is that when Wookong cast JMA clones then do JMA attack, that attack is counted as rough collision with the enemy, so the clones will disappear right after the attack. Did I get this right?

So then everytime Wookong use JMA clones to attack, it will cost AE = baseEffect.

Currently the clones disappear because Wookong uses them to ram into people. If it's not ramming, there's no rough collision. A punch is just a collision, rough on the target but not on the puncher.

For example, right now there's one JMA clone active cause there was no rough collision, but it did attack.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [INTRODUCTION]

philtecturophy - Jun 28, 2021

10 by Astachanna »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:09 PM

» [REMULUS] TRANSIENITY FOREST

philtecturophy - Jun 26, 2021

17 by Setsu_Ka »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:16 AM

» [REMULUS] RESEARH FACILITY 1: The Abandoned Factory

14 by Setsu_Ka »»
Jun 8, 2022 11:25 AM

Sticky: » [TIMERUS] CHARACTER CREATIONS

8 by Moonspeak »»
May 8, 2022 4:00 AM

» [EARTH] INDRAVAJHNA

38 by philtecturophy »»
Apr 27, 2022 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.