Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now that was bizarre. Dat faces. I didn't feel much of a connection though..
Feb 21, 2014 8:16 PM
Mar 2012
Well, they moved on from making faces at one another.
Mar 14, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2008
The faces were hilarious though. Didn't see it coming so page four in particularly was beyond funny.
Jul 1, 2014 8:32 AM

Sep 2009
When he said that he liked someone in the beginning I expected him to go later on, "I like you!" when she started crying.
Jul 23, 2014 2:24 AM

Mar 2011
Talk about late introductions, lol ^_^ I expected a bit more.
Sep 10, 2014 1:50 PM
Nov 2010
I wish the story was a bit longer..
Oct 18, 2014 1:31 AM

May 2013
That was unusually short. The faces were really funny tho, did not see it coming.
Dec 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
Saw that coming from the proverbial mile.

4/10
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 22, 2015 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
I love how Kawabata Shiki made use of the age progression in this little oneshot, kinda reminds me of Makoto Shinkai's movie Byōsoku Go Senchimētoru (which was a real masterpiece btw, so for those of you who did not see it yet, definitely check it out - you won't be disappointed!).

Also, the guy is in love with the heroine. You can pretty much base that on the fact that the guy says that he no longer does it (making weird faces), which refers to the friendship between him and the girl. Then, 2 days later, the guy greets the girl in the morning for the first time ever, which implies that the guy wants to broaden his relationship with her.

Well, anyway, these are my (personal) thoughts on this manga, so don't judge me alright. I'm not stating these are indeed true. I'm just guessing that's how things are between them.
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Sep 13, 2015 6:46 PM

Dec 2013
I think this is adorable. The girl doesn't care if she will look funny or weird in front of a guy. I wonder who is the girl that the guy like. Kinda sad it's only a one-shot tho

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 29, 2015 11:47 PM
Sep 2014
Well... Was a bit predectable, but was good too
Dat faces xD
Feb 2, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2015
I laughed so much when they made the faces XD

I think the guy probably wants a proper conversation with the girl. They couldn't afford that opportunity if they keep on making faces at each other instead of *actually* talking.

So the guy says: "It was cute how you tried so hard to come up with new faces, I couldn't look away."

When you make faces, your eyes can roll to anywhere extreme in your eyesocket ٩◔‿◔۶ I'm guessing, if the guy continues to make faces as the girl does as well, he won't be able to look at her properly. He wants to stop so he can watch the girl... He can't make funny faces infront of her anymore cause he can't stop himself from looking at her cause she looks so adorable and cute. To me is so obvious who likes who in the end...

They are barely in middle school and haven't had crushes before, so I didn’t expect him to pull an " I love you" at the end... I’m inferring he want to know her better and want her to know more about him before pulling the confession and the only way to do that is by putting a temporary halt to the faces thing... That doesn’t mean he and her won’t resume their tradition once they know more about each other I the near future.

I liked this. This oneshot is literally what it's "title'' says - nothing more, nothing less.
Apr 4, 2016 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
The faces were funny! I really thought they would eventually fall in love but that didn't happen... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Oct 13, 2020 6:10 AM

Jun 2020
Well that face just weird and funny I guess.
Jun 10, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Cute premise, and the rare story that knows not to drag itself out past its welcome. Lasts exactly as long as it needs to.
Jul 3, 2021 2:07 PM

Aug 2020
I guess it was interesting?

Aug 25, 2021 8:41 PM

Jan 2021
This was just pure and cute.
But I still kinda wish there was one more chapter.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.