Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2021 9:52 PM
May 2020
I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but I would like to know from people who have already seen it if aspects of it were changed from the source material so that the movies work as sequels to Char's Counterattack as opposed to Beltorchika's Children. Thanks.
Jun 16, 2021 10:16 PM

Dec 2019
I can't help you much since I haven't read Beltorchika's Children and know very little about its different content.

However, as someone who's seen Char's Counterattack, I thought Hathaway's Flash made perfect sense and didn't change any continuity from CCA as far as I'm aware.
Here we go again...
Jun 16, 2021 11:24 PM

Dec 2007
No, as far as we know it's still Hathaway who killed Quess Paraya in the movie continuity, which means it's the continuity from Beltorchika's children, not Char's Counterattack.
Jun 17, 2021 4:03 PM
May 2020
Interesting... I wonder if in the future movies it will become more apparent if things have changed to better suit CCA, as if I remember correctly most of that stuff was from later on in the novel.
Jun 17, 2021 10:04 PM
Nov 2017
Gurenn said:
No, as far as we know it's still Hathaway who killed Quess Paraya in the movie continuity, which means it's the continuity from Beltorchika's children, not Char's Counterattack.

In CCA, isn't Agi Chan who shot Quess Paraya & later then, Noa Hathaway got his revenge as the kid killed Ago Chan back? I haven't read Beltorchika's Children
Jun 17, 2021 11:20 PM

Dec 2007
Faris_Eminem said:
Gurenn said:

In CCA, isn't Agi Chan who shot Quess Paraya & later then, Noa Hathaway got his revenge as the kid killed Ago Chan back? I haven't read Beltorchika's Children
Yes, that's right.
Jul 2, 2021 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Gurenn said:

You could very well be right but to be perfectly frank did we get any express indication in this film that it was Hathaway that shot down Quess? We see him reflect/referene her death and his sadness over it but it hasn't been dissected further than that unless it went over my head?
Jul 2, 2021 8:11 AM

Dec 2007
Champloo_Remix said:
Gurenn said:

You could very well be right but to be perfectly frank did we get any express indication in this film that it was Hathaway that shot down Quess? We see him reflect/referene her death and his sadness over it but it hasn't been dissected further than that unless it went over my head?
Hathaway implicitly referred to killing Quess in the past at one point in the movie.
Jul 2, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
Gurenn said:
Champloo_Remix said:

Hathaway implicitly referred to killing Quess in the past at one point in the movie.

Oh jeez I must've missed that. Do you remember what part of the film at least loosely that was around? I was going to rewatch anyway but now I really want to go back and find this lol.
Jul 2, 2021 8:15 AM

Dec 2007
Not really, sorry.
Jul 3, 2021 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Gurenn said:
Not really, sorry.

Do you remember what was said? I'm rewatching the movie rn and almost towards the end and didn't hear the line you're referring to? I probably missed it again? Only thing I noticed was the bit in the elevator where Hathaway questions if he's "being rash again like with Quess" but that bit alone doesn't clarify if he kills Quess in this continuity or not so that couldn't have been it.
Aug 10, 2021 3:11 PM

Dec 2015
Champloo_Remix said:
Gurenn said:
Not really, sorry.

Do you remember what was said? I'm rewatching the movie rn and almost towards the end and didn't hear the line you're referring to? I probably missed it again? Only thing I noticed was the bit in the elevator where Hathaway questions if he's "being rash again like with Quess" but that bit alone doesn't clarify if he kills Quess in this continuity or not so that couldn't have been it.

A little bit of a late response but it is not explicitly said that Hathaway killed Quess. It is however implied Hathaway is famous for killing a pilot during CCA. It is left a little vague so we can't really say if they mean Quess with that or a random pilot. Which imo is a good thing because it seems to make both continuities work.
JoopsterAug 12, 2021 2:05 PM

More topics from this board

» UC is over?

LegionOne - Apr 28, 2023

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 14, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EasyGo-er - Jun 13, 2021

79 by Ten »»
Apr 27, 12:15 PM

» Hathaway, Thunderbolt, and Narrative to get TV editions (Winter 2023 season)

The_Sum_of_Zero - Jan 15, 2023

2 by Champloo_Remix »»
Aug 8, 2023 10:03 AM

» What to watch before this?

Spektrum9 - Jun 10, 2021

48 by DivineLion »»
Jul 15, 2023 12:54 PM

» Did I ruin anything

Reshiram_IX - Jan 15, 2023

2 by Reshiram_IX »»
Jan 16, 2023 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.