Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 10, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2020
What do you guys think, will SAOP be successful in overcoming the hatred
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 10, 2021 1:47 AM
Nov 2019
With a good storyline(tbh its a complete restory with a new story and new characters as well, you will see aincrad in a whole 100 floor story detailed.. ) and a well done animation, this will be helpfull for removing a bit of hate...
May 10, 2021 2:00 AM
Jan 2021
It can remove but the haters will still hate no matter what.
May 10, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2020
NixWarrior said:
It can remove but the haters will still hate no matter what.
at least of s1, can it do that because everything of SAO is bet on this series as because even if Unital RING a.k.a. s4 turns out to be the best season, haters just won't try it because they have to pass through another 2 seasons ,, so anyone who have watched only Aincrad or even haven't watched SAO they can give PROGRESSIVE a try
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
May 10, 2021 2:59 AM

Oct 2020
marcohilber said:
With a good storyline(tbh its a complete restory with a new story and new characters as well, you will see aincrad in a whole 100 floor story detailed.. ) and a well done animation, this will be helpfull for removing a bit of hate...
but sorry bro,, it won't go till 100 floors, did u forget SAO was finished on floor 75, but yeah i think it should remove the hate
May 10, 2021 3:01 AM
Nov 2019
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
but sorry bro,, it won't go till 100 floors, did u forget SAO was finished on floor 75, but yeah i think it should remove the hate
its a wohle new story with 100 flores... look it up yourself... It has nothing do to with old aincrad... And tbh the whole hate will never be gone, the series hopefully removes a bit of hate
May 10, 2021 3:07 AM

Oct 2020
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
its a wohle new story with 100 flores... look it up yourself... It has nothing do to with old aincrad...
no, it won't because it isn't an alternative version,, is the same old Aincrad and i think it will be hard for Reki to write till floor 75 how can he gp to floor 100,, also what happens in the old Aincrad the same happens in Progressive but there are some major changes mainly Asuna's presence from the start,, it will end in 75th floor
May 10, 2021 3:18 AM
Nov 2019
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
its a wohle new story with 100 flores... look it up yourself... It has nothing do to with old aincrad...
no, it won't because it isn't an alternative version,, is the same old Aincrad and i think it will be hard for Reki to write till floor 75 how can he gp to floor 100,, also what happens in the old Aincrad the same happens in Progressive but there are some major changes mainly Asuna's presence from the start,, it will end in 75th floor
then you say the episodes of s1 will be the same when the story goes on? Ep1 and 2 are higly different of s1, bcuz its starts with a movie with floor 1, its not like the s1 of sao... and ofc the whole story has asuna in it, but its a new story with new characters, detailed and better animated
Did u read the 7 progressive novels?
May 10, 2021 3:20 AM
Nov 2019
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
then you say the episodes of s1 will be the same when the story goes on? Ep1 and 2 are higly different of s1, its not like the s1 of sao... and ofc the whole story has asuna in it, but its a new story with new characters, detailed and better animated
Or have you played sao integral factor? There u can see how it mabye looks like...
May 10, 2021 3:23 AM

Oct 2020
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
then you say the episodes of s1 will be the same when the story goes on? Ep1 and 2 are higly different of s1, bcuz its starts with a movie with floor 1, its not like the s1 of sao... and ofc the whole story has asuna in it, but its a new story with new characters, detailed and better animated
no actually I've read 2 and ik it's different, just it's not that much of a deal, or highly differs,
May 10, 2021 3:24 AM

Oct 2020
KaiserHamuel said:
It won’t remove the hate from the original series. Trash stays trash regardless of the quality of this iteration.
so what do u hate about Sao?
May 10, 2021 3:27 AM
Nov 2019
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
no actually I've read 2 and ik it's different, just it's not that much of a deal, or highly differs,
ive read 5 and to the original story its hella different, with even better character development and nearly everything is explained its soo good, no spoilers...
May 10, 2021 3:34 AM

Oct 2020
KaiserHamuel said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
so what do u hate about Sao?

Without going into an essay.....

-Poor Writing
-Boring characters
-Laughable Villains
-No tension
-Rubbish Narrative Pacing

and to fix that Boring characters, and rubbish narrative pacing, Progressive is made,, and it will fix those points, we LN readers know, so what do u say

Also what do u mean by No tension??
May 10, 2021 3:35 AM

Oct 2020
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ive read 5 and to the original story its hella different, with even better character development and nearly everything is explained its soo good, no spoilers...
u just made me more excited, okay then I'll start the next LN soon
May 10, 2021 3:35 AM
Jan 2021
Who cares if the series remains hated by so many people. I love this series. It is one of the best anime I have watched so far and I enjoyed it a lot. Most people hate it due to mob mentality. Haters criticise people for liking this series and people who like it start hating it. This series could've been so much better, yes but it isn't bad at all imo. You know if all the people who like this series speak up then you wouldn't think this series is hated at all but we who like it don't really speak about it. Anyways I am really excited for the Progressive series
May 10, 2021 3:36 AM

Jan 2021
Haters will still hate. They will never disappear.
May 10, 2021 3:37 AM

Oct 2020
kursed_o_ said:
Who cares if the series remains hated by so many people. I love this series. It is one of the best anime I have watched so far and I enjoyed it a lot. Most people hate it due to mob mentality. Haters criticise people for liking this series and people who like it start hating it. This series could've been so much better, yes but it isn't bad at all imo. You know if all the people who like this series speak up then you wouldn't think this series is hated at all but we who like it don't really speak about it. Anyways I am really excited for the Progressive series
u should know, most hate that SAO get comes from ppl, those who Haven't even watched the series or dropped the series on ep 1 or 2
May 10, 2021 3:37 AM
Nov 2019
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
lol^^ have fun reading ;)
May 10, 2021 3:39 AM
Jan 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
kursed_o_ said:
u should know, most hate that SAO get comes from ppl, those who Haven't even watched the series or dropped the series on ep 1 or 2
I know. Most people are led to hate the series before they even start it by the haters.
May 10, 2021 4:06 AM

Jul 2015
If it will fill plot holes, try to convince us that Kirito is not the second worst protegonist in anime and his shit with Asuna is not the worst overall, then there is a chance.
But still, from what I have seen, contents of 2 arc and season will be not touched, which garbage cast, is like the main reason this series gets so much hate.

May 10, 2021 7:10 AM
Apr 2021
Because it will show the detailed adventures of Asuna and Kirito bottomn(floor 1) and not jump the gun straight to another floor above.
May 10, 2021 7:34 AM
Apr 2021
Yes because the number 1 thing people have against season 1, is its rushed.

But most people dont realize is that because of lack of material not the producers cutting too much detail or going too off script. It actually a masterpiece considering they were working with a small contest entry. That's how SAO started. Aincrad was short and rush because the entry could only be so long. Progressive goes back and adds the missing details. As long as the studio doesn't butcher it, it'll be a hi
T
May 10, 2021 7:54 AM
Dec 2020
I think hate came after the first season but alicization was pretty good
May 10, 2021 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
It's a movie, not a series
May 10, 2021 10:12 AM
Feb 2021
I hope so. I don't understand why everyone hates on SAO so much. It's a good show, like every anime with multiple seasons it has it's highs and its lows.
May 10, 2021 10:33 AM

Oct 2020
Niko1987 said:
it will be multiple movies or most probably a long series. It is predicted that it will be like 130-150 eps,, but this movie will only show floor 1 in detail,, only ep 1 and 2 of the main series
May 10, 2021 2:29 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Even if this tuns out as a masterpiece, the og series is so famous that people are gonna still hate sao as a whole

May 10, 2021 7:41 PM

Oct 2020
ManWild said:
Even if this tuns out as a masterpiece, the og series is so famous that people are gonna still hate sao as a whole
ManWild said:
like u, spreading hate in every post
May 10, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2019
Hating on sao is trend, so i don't think hate on sao will remove.
May 10, 2021 7:52 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ManWild said:
ManWild said:

me? I never go around spamming negativity on every post I touch lol.

May 10, 2021 7:54 PM

Oct 2020
ManWild said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

[quote=ManWild message=63093089]
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ManWild said:
ManWild said:

me? I never go around spamming negativity on every post I touch lol.[/quo
ManWild said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

you do that bro
May 10, 2021 7:56 PM

Oct 2020
Sakuta002766 said:
Hating on sao is trend, so i don't think hate on sao will remove.
haters will hate, but ppl who think it's entertaining and good, they don't care about the haters
May 10, 2021 8:10 PM
Sep 2020
No. You first have to understand why SAO gets a lot of hate(I won't say why bc there are plenty of posts and articles about that). Progressive is just a standalone story within a small portion of the anime, it does nothing for the actual series in terms of rectifying it's weaknesses.
May 11, 2021 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Niko1987 said:
it will be multiple movies or most probably a long series. It is predicted that it will be like 130-150 eps,, but this movie will only show floor 1 in detail,, only ep 1 and 2 of the main series
I highly doubt it will get a series. also there is nothing to suggest it will be a series or have that many episodes, or that it will be more than one movie
May 11, 2021 3:18 PM

Jul 2016
Depends on how much they will change from the original SAOP...
It makes me pretty mad that after all this shit they still have the courage to add original stuff to this movie.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 11, 2021 3:22 PM

Sep 2018
No as hate tends to bandwagon regardless of how good it is.
May 11, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 2021
Yes, if they focus on the game, and not speed through it.
May 11, 2021 9:39 PM
Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

No dude. Progressive is just meant to fill all the time skips in Aincrad and flesh it out better. Progressive is canon to the rest of the series. Unital Ring even references it. But the ending is going to be the same, which is at floor 75, just that the build up will be more in depth.
May 11, 2021 9:40 PM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
If it will fill plot holes, try to convince us that Kirito is not the second worst protegonist in anime and his shit with Asuna is not the worst overall, then there is a chance.
But still, from what I have seen, contents of 2 arc and season will be not touched, which garbage cast, is like the main reason this series gets so much hate.

There is no reason to do that, cause the OG series already did that.
May 11, 2021 9:41 PM

Oct 2020
skatlads15 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
marcohilber said:

No dude. Progressive is just meant to fill all the time skips in Aincrad and flesh it out better. Progressive is canon to the rest of the series. Unital Ring even references it. But the ending is going to be the same, which is at floor 75, just that the build up will be more in depth.
also thr starting is similar too, just changes in the story also we can't actually say changes as because we don't know what actually happened, so u CAN say an alternative version
May 11, 2021 9:45 PM
Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
skatlads15 said:

also thr starting is similar too, just changes in the story also we can't actually say changes as because we don't know what actually happened, so u CAN say an alternative version

The starting is actually different because there was no floor 1 boss fight in the original Light Novels. That was an anime original story, later expanded in Progressive.
And Reki has already said that the story itself won't change by much, it will only be fleshed out more.
May 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
skatlads15 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

The starting is actually different because there was no floor 1 boss fight in the original Light Novels. That was an anime original story, later expanded in Progressive.
And Reki has already said that the story itself won't change by much, it will only be fleshed out more.
yes but the only major change is Asuna from beginning and that's Not a bad choice
May 11, 2021 9:55 PM

Apr 2015
Juonithz said:
I hope so. I don't understand why everyone hates on SAO so much.

Because it's the thing that makes you look "cool" and "hip" in the anime community. Just make a video on YT on why you think SAO is so "terrible" and you'll get thousands of likes.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
May 11, 2021 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
The cycle of hatred for SAO will never end. All we can do is keep moving forward until all of Kirito's haters are destroyed.

But as for me personally, if Progressive really is about filling in the gaps on Aincrad Arc that will probably redeem it a great deal for me. The later arcs (Mother's Rosario & Alicization) eventually made me a fan, but that feeling of wasted potential with the world of SAO has always lingered.
May 12, 2021 12:34 AM
Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
skatlads15 said:

yes but the only major change is Asuna from beginning and that's Not a bad choice

Absolutely, them being together for what feels like 20 odd floors is gonna be osm! Wish they adapt moon cradle as well tho
May 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Oct 2020
skatlads15 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Absolutely, them being together for what feels like 20 odd floors is gonna be osm! Wish they adapt moon cradle as well tho
yea i want that too, Moon cradle can be adapted as a movie or can be adapted in a few eps before starting UR arc,, btw we don't know if they skip it or adapt it
May 12, 2021 12:39 AM
Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
skatlads15 said:

yea i want that too, Moon cradle can be adapted as a movie or can be adapted in a few eps before starting UR arc,, btw we don't know if they skip it or adapt it

Actually, they did adapt it into the game SAO Alicization Rising Steel. But I didn't look top much into it.
May 12, 2021 9:31 AM

Nov 2019
Progressive can be a great series by itself but if you think it'll remove the hatred from sao as a whole then that's pretty wishful thinking.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
May 12, 2021 10:28 PM
Mar 2019
You can’t remove the hate from the “original” series. But if this is adapted well, then I think that Progressive won’t get anywhere near as much hate.
May 12, 2021 10:29 PM
Dec 2017
No as theres always going to be a stigma to the series.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.