Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2021 2:02 PM
Dec 2018
I wouldn't mind some wholesome age-gap romance story but so far this seems to be simply about a dude stalking/harassing/gaslighting a high school girl, which is far from what I would call "romantic".

Is there more to this or that's basically it?
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
Read the description.

It’s fine to just being like… This ain’t for me? And walk away. I haven’t seen any of this thing.

I am however watching the obvious fighting that is gonna happen and laughing.

If you don’t want this thing to get good ratings (viewership measured and sent to Japan), wait until after it is fully out to watch.

Ooooor you can click on episode discussion and read people’s reactions. A lot of people are saying it doesn’t feel creepy in ep 3. But people felt it was in ep 1.
Energetic-NovaApr 13, 2021 2:16 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 13, 2021 2:26 PM
Dec 2018
Energetic-Nova said:
I haven’t seen any of this thing.

Obviously my question is aimed at people who have either watched the episodes so far or who are familiar with the source material, not people who have only "read the description".
Apr 13, 2021 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
skysurf said:
Energetic-Nova said:
I haven’t seen any of this thing.

Obviously my question is aimed at people who have either watched the episodes so far or who are familiar with the source material, not people who have only "read the description".

Then do the other thing I suggested, read the episode discussions.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 13, 2021 2:48 PM
Nov 2020
this is more wholesome than other series like this, probably the most wholesome there is (dont dig too deep)
Apr 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Jul 2020
he *smells like cologne* so it’s okay
Apr 13, 2021 3:47 PM

Oct 2020
skysurf said:
I wouldn't mind some wholesome age-gap romance story but so far this seems to be simply about a dude stalking/harassing/gaslighting a high school girl, which is far from what I would call "romantic".

Judging from the first 3 episodes, I'd say that about sums it up. His attempts at wooing her seem forced and he's pretty relentless in his pursuit despite being rejected many times. It's not a bad show because of this, its just what it is. Some people may like it, some may not.

✧ FOUND YOU, MY DARLING ✧ FORUM SET BY:BUNNY

Apr 13, 2021 4:57 PM
Nov 2015
skysurf said:

I don't find any harrassing or gaslighting imo, just some poorly writen episodes and forcefully calling it romance.
I personally enjoy it myself and not really proud of it myself.

But it is that kind of show, so if you don't enjoy it after 3 episodes and it's plot doesn't sit right with you, maybe the anime just isn't for you.
Apr 13, 2021 5:50 PM
Dec 2018
Highonthighs said:
I don't find any harrassing

Really? It didn't occur to me that this was even up for discussion lol. I thought it was clear that the dude's behavior would've gotten him a restraining order already in a non-fiction scenario.
Apr 13, 2021 6:01 PM
Nov 2015
skysurf said:
Highonthighs said:
I don't find any harrassing

Really? It didn't occur to me that this was even up for discussion lol. I thought it was clear that the dude's behavior would've gotten him a restraining order already in a non-fiction scenario.

Well it's my opinion we're talking about

The guy doesn't take no for an answer and is a very annoying, but the things he does aren't bad enough to classify as harrassment, sending her flowers and talking to her a bit( didn't find anything he said to her inappropriate ) just don't seem like that serious of a thing that you make them out to be in what world is courting ended up as harrasment mate?

you won't find a girl that would hand out her lunch on her way to school either in a non-fictional scenario, would you?
Apr 13, 2021 6:54 PM
Dec 2018
Highonthighs said:
in what world is courting ended up as harrasment mate?

In our real world where that kind of "courting" is called sexual harassment?

Feel free to try it out by yourself and test how far you'll get by making unwelcome advances (unsolicited phone calls even late at night, sending unwanted gifts, pressuring for dating, etc) to someone who already rejected you. Make sure to read some more examples HERE so you can adjust your definition of "courting".

Back to the fiction discussion, I agree with you that the romance label in this anime feels like false advertising so far. It may disappoint some people who expect differently, but it may still be too soon to tell.
Apr 13, 2021 7:19 PM
Nov 2015
skysurf said:
Highonthighs said:
in what world is courting ended up as harrasment mate?

In our real world where that kind of "courting" is called sexual harassment?

Feel free to try it out by yourself and test how far you'll get by making unwelcome advances (unsolicited phone calls even late at night, sending unwanted gifts, pressuring for dating, etc) to someone who already rejected you. Make sure to read some more examples HERE so you can adjust your definition of "courting".

Back to the fiction discussion, I agree with you that the romance label in this anime feels like false advertising so far. It may disappoint some people who expect differently, but it may still be too soon to tell.

I guess it depends on how the person takes it,some see at as courting and some might see it as sexual harassment.
About the unsolicited calls and gifts, people try their best to win over their loved ones feelings by their known ways and as long as it's not violent or offensive in anyway to the person that's getting persuade. I believe it would be not very benifiting to say they can't express their feelings in a non offensive way ( the unsolicited calls you mentioned didn't seem like they were offensive in anyway), people already have it hard to find someone to love at this point with times as they are and people as sensitive as they are.
I'm in no way trying to say harnessing someone in the false cover of courting is fine, it's just that the lines are too thin to differentiate and calling every little attempt of persuasion sexual harassment is just gonna ruin the whole concept of love for the future generations.

I've always said that it was my opinion and in still believe in what i said. Though I'm not gonna court someone to prove it.

Back to fiction, we do see some development in the girl's feelings over the 3 episodes and I find this anime focuses on the female main enough to show her feelings properly rather than just on the male character, so let's see how it ends.
Apr 13, 2021 7:20 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The age gap really makes it hard to enjoy

Apr 13, 2021 7:38 PM
Nov 2020
The age gap doesn’t matter because they are both of consenting age. The anime itself focuses on the issue of age gap and the differences and challenges that arise from that sort of situation. It is not trying to be creepy, it’s just a guy who has genuine feelings for someone younger than himself and struggles to express them in the right way, because he’s so used to getting want he wants from older women.
Apr 13, 2021 7:58 PM
Dec 2020
Isn’t the premise purposely kinda perpetually worthless? I mean you know she is going to say no every time until the last episode and he’s a creep. I get the culture differences but I mean a grown ass man should probably be dating people in his age group like most normal people do. I don’t really see the charm but I also haven’t seen much of it.
said the lolicon bastard
Apr 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Aug 2020
Stalking and harassing is based and redpilled
sneed
Apr 13, 2021 8:48 PM
Dec 2018
Highonthighs said:
the unsolicited calls you mentioned didn't seem like they were offensive in anyway

Not even in the most macho culture I've known would constantly ringing someone's phone dozens of times every day including late at night be confused with any sort of romantic courtship, especially when that person already told you that it's bothering them and unwelcomed.

Not sure what lines are "too thin to differentiate" for you. It's really not that difficult; if someone tells you to stop, you stop, it's not rocket science lol.

In this anime, this situation so far has been portrayed as something comical and romantic where the girl will apparently slowly fall in love with the creep. I guess it's alright if you enjoy that, but needless to say I would advise against believing that this is how "courting" works in real life.
skysurfApr 13, 2021 9:21 PM
Apr 13, 2021 8:58 PM

Jun 2019
Wow, people sure are getting hyped for this new anime! Can’t believe all the endless love it’s getting, and no hate at all! Fingers crossed it gets a season two and God bless✌️<3
Apr 13, 2021 10:34 PM
Sep 2019
Adz01 said:
The age gap doesn’t matter because they are both of consenting age. The anime itself focuses on the issue of age gap and the differences and challenges that arise from that sort of situation. It is not trying to be creepy, it’s just a guy who has genuine feelings for someone younger than himself and struggles to express them in the right way, because he’s so used to getting want he wants from older women.
This ^ pretty much sums up what I like about the series (or at least the first three episodes). Plus, it's a bit refreshing since it's not the generic shoujo manga setting.
Apr 13, 2021 11:24 PM
Dec 2018
Adz01 said:
The anime itself focuses on the issue of age gap and the differences and challenges that arise from that sort of situation.

Erm... What challenges are you talking about? So far it's been smooth sailing for the creep, with the sister as a plot device that gets him intel info and set up encounters for them.

Even the girl's mother doesn't seem to mind lol. It's safe to say that the age gap issues are in fact being glossed over and not addressed in the anime so far (that's a minor issue anyways compared to the harassment going on).
Apr 14, 2021 12:54 AM

Sep 2020
It's not harassment cuz he's like, super duper hawt and can speak Engrish. Jap girls dig that. It's only harassment if you look like this...

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Apr 14, 2021 3:38 AM
Jan 2021
I love this anime 💗. Looking forward for more episodes. I can't stop laughing, Ichicha I LOVE YOU 😍.

Apr 14, 2021 3:57 AM
Nov 2019
If it's not for you, it's just not for you. Personally I'm kind of sick of people complaining about plots of different animes when it's as simple as saying it's not their thing. Just walk away.
Apr 14, 2021 6:37 AM
Mar 2021
skysurf said:

Its a tradeoff. A banger fucking op for somewhat bad writing.

I dont mind though, seems like a good braindead anime to watch where you have to turn off your brain and reasoning to completely enjoy the show. For now 7/10!
Apr 14, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2020
I don't know. Probably should wait for more episodes to come out tbh. Probably is though.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 14, 2021 9:41 AM
Nov 2020
Erm... What challenges are you talking about? So far it's been smooth sailing for the creep, with the sister as a plot device that gets him intel info and set up encounters for them.

Even the girl's mother doesn't seem to mind lol. It's safe to say that the age gap issues are in fact being glossed over and not addressed in the anime so far (that's a minor issue anyways compared to the harassment going on).[/quote]

The sister is being used as a plot device, however she has stated that if his behaviour in anyway made her upset that she would stop supporting his efforts. In this regard, the anime is drawing a line between right vs wrong to an extent. We also see the introduction of a male classmate of the same age of Ichika. It turns out they both read the same manga and have similar interests. By having this character, it demonstrates the challenges that arise from the age gap that is seemingly ignored and how they have different interests and how those change over time.

In regards to the girls mother, she is completely supportive of the situation. If I was the mother, I would kick him out immediately! However, I guess the fact that he has sent multiple gifts, is the brother of her daughters best friend and what not explains it on the surface level. The problem is that there is a distinct 10 year gap between the two and the anime at times can’t explain and put the scenario into a real life context, which in return creates a logical gap between reality and imagination. Though as I have mentioned there are attempts to shown the manifestations of the age gap, how that impacts there interactions, likings and beliefs, the anime does fail to put the whole picture into context.
Apr 14, 2021 11:17 AM
Dec 2018
Adz01 said:
...it demonstrates the challenges that arise from the age gap...

Again, no.

Having a plot device sister and some rival character is absolutely NOT addressing challenges specific to age gap, those are simply the most generic elements needed in any romance story regardless of age gap.

And the sister doesn't even count as "line between right or wrong", not sure why you would mention that since the MC girl already complained to her since ep 1 and let her know that she's not comfortable with the unwanted attention from the creep, and yet she still sell out her friend and continued to push hard to have them together (gave out address, brought the brother's gifts to school, tricked her into giving out her phone number, schemed all kinds of settings to facilitate their encounters, etc), so she's clearly not acting as a "friend" at all. Whatever "line" you're talking about, it has been crossed since a long time ago lol

As I said, for me this age gap is a minor issue compared to the harassment stuff, so it's not that interesting to me to discuss, but if you wanted to talk about interesting or mature takes on the age gap issues, you would expect challenges like:

- Girl's academic performance suffering due to the harassment/unwanted attention she's been receiving
- Dude having serious problems at the company due to his reputation being tainted for going after high school girls
- Family issues where family members oppose the dude approaching her
- Social issues at school where girl suffers from bad reputation and exclusion from her peers (the rival doesn't count as he's just that, the rival character)

It's alright to like the anime for what it is, but at least let's be honest and not pretend that it has been some sort of deep story about age gap issues when in fact all those have been glossed over so far.
skysurfApr 14, 2021 11:26 AM
Apr 14, 2021 11:27 AM

Nov 2016
Futari_no_Ossan said:
It's not harassment cuz he's like, super duper hawt and can speak Engrish. Jap girls dig that. It's only harassment if you look like this...

Underrated comment

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2021 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
Episode 3 saved the show for me. Some character development all around and all that.
Age gap isn't that big a deal in most cultures. It's 'on the edge' of acceptable (for me) here, but they haven't even held hands yet.
With the sister watching over them it'll work out fine.
Apr 14, 2021 1:15 PM
Dec 2018
5Cats said:
Age gap isn't that big a deal in most cultures. It's 'on the edge' of acceptable (for me)

But this thread isn't about age gap (despite some side conversations that emerged about it). What do you think about the other stuff mentioned in the first post?
Apr 14, 2021 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
skysurf said:

But this thread isn't about age gap (despite some side conversations that emerged about it). What do you think about the other stuff mentioned in the first post?

It says Age Gap in the first comment... that's the creepy part about the show. If a 19 year-old were sending her flowers and stuff it wouldn't be a big issue, when a grown-up does it is creepy!
The stalking harassment thing is super creepy, more so because of the age gap. If it were two teens not so much.
What 'saves it' for me is the sister watching over them, she'll pull the plug if lines get crossed, and the ramping up of the comedy side of things. Some actual character development is underway too, which is required!
Apr 14, 2021 4:25 PM
Feb 2021
There probably will be and see how interesting there relationship will be due to the age gap but I love the sister of the main boy protagonist how she has no problem with them and encourages them of the bat she is an amazing character and more character development is to come I hope
Apr 14, 2021 4:38 PM
Dec 2018
@5Cats about your points:

The age gap adds an extra touch of creepiness: yes, I agree. Perhaps it's because in this case they add some power dynamics that favors the adult over the inexperienced teenager. I still think this is NOT the main issue of this show.

Harassment between teeens not a big issue: really? imagine you had a teenage daughter (or teenage friend) and there's some rando classmate harassing her with gifts and phone calls even though she already said no, would you say to her "it's no big deal cuz he's your age"? lol

I think you must be confused like some other person above in this thread, who's talking about "courting". It stops being courting when the person already told you to stop. If you continue after that, it's called harassment.

The sister "watching over them": (also for @animeultima_1855 who loves the sister character) you mean the sister that's feeding her friend to the predator despite being told that she's not comfortable with that? you said she'll "pull the plug if lines get crossed", but lines were crossed since episode 1 lol

It's been only 3 episodes and she already did most of the things a false friend would do: violating her privacy, going against her will and basically acting against her friend's interests (gave out address, brought the brother's gifts to school, tricked her into giving out her phone number, schemed all kinds of settings to facilitate their encounters, etc)

She's basically that kind of "friend" that kids should watch out for at school, because they don't hesitate to throw their so called "friends" under the bus for their own selfish purposes and force them to do stuff they're not comfortable with (in the case of the anime, looks like blonde sister sacrifices her friend just for the sake of earning brotherhood points, as she's enjoying reconnecting with his brother in this creepy way).
Apr 14, 2021 4:41 PM
Feb 2021
There will definitely be more I would call it creepy if his sister was not best friends with the girl but the series shows no signs of forced behaviour onto the student which allows the relationship to grow from creepy stalker to someone she can rely on
Apr 14, 2021 4:57 PM
Dec 2018
animeultima_1855 said:
the series shows no signs of forced behaviour onto the student

Please tell me you're kidding...
Apr 14, 2021 8:37 PM
May 2020
The biggest problem I have with the show is how every single side characters are encouraging the dude to go after the girl. The sister character being the worst that I can't believe she calls herself a freind, feeding your friend to your much older brother who occasionally brings home different women. And the dude's friend being happy because his womanizing friend is now into a highschool girl. I think this kind of harrassing is best remedied by supportive friends and parents protecting you from it, not the other way around.
Apr 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2021
There is nothing else to this show other than shitty comedy and a creepy pedo. Not to mention it’s pretty boring too. I’m not gonna drop it though because it’s a, dare I say, “funny” dumpster fire and I just want to see it burn lol.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 15, 2021 10:17 PM

Nov 2008
skysurf said:

The sister "watching over them": (also for @animeultima_1855 who loves the sister character) you mean the sister that's feeding her friend to the predator despite being told that she's not comfortable with that? you said she'll "pull the plug if lines get crossed", but lines were crossed since episode 1 lol

I would not say "lines were crossed" as the sister said "I won't support you if you make Ichika sad."

Ichika is not sad or even that upset so far...she just seems slightly annoyed by his behavior.

Apr 15, 2021 11:29 PM
Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
I would not say "lines were crossed" as the sister said "I won't support you if you make Ichika sad."

Ichika is not sad or even that upset so far...she just seems slightly annoyed by his behavior.

The sister crossed the line a long time ago (actions) regardless of her words. If you read my full post, I mentioned some examples that should be clear to anyone.

Remember the one being harassed is MC girl. It doesn't matter if the sister thinks the "line" is the brother cheating or raping or whatever. What matters is that the MC girl has been telling both the creep AND her sister to stop and that she's uncomfortable with their behavior. They have continued relentlessly even after that, so they both crossed the line established by MC girl.

Also, if you as the show viewer (observer) think the MC girl being harassed doesn't look "sad or that upset", be careful:

In other words, if someone is being subjected to unwanted advances even after they told them to stop, it's called harassment regardless of what face expression they have or how the anime will continue to decorate it with colorful backgrounds and try to pass it as cute romance where the shallow writing will apparently make the victim slowly fall in love with the creep.
Apr 16, 2021 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Heeenriqueee said:
taylormoo said:
Wow, people sure are getting hyped for this new anime! Can’t believe all the endless love it’s getting, and no hate at all! Fingers crossed it gets a season two and God bless✌️<3

I think MAL is deleting all the reviews that criticise this anime. There were ~4 reviews with a Overall Rating of 1, now there is only one with an Overall Rating of 9.

That positive one will be deleted too. MAL is deleting all preliminary reviews written before episode 4 has come out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
skysurf said:

The sister crossed the line a long time ago (actions) regardless of her words.

Lol to you. You really cannot speak for the MC if you are not her. Please stop presenting your opinion as a universal fact everyone must agree with.

Also, if you as the show viewer (observer) think the MC girl being harassed doesn't look "sad or that upset", be careful:

If she was really that upset by it, she'd do something about it. Plain and simple.

Apr 16, 2021 10:29 AM
Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
You really cannot speak for the MC if you are not her.

Uh? have you watched the anime? it's not an assumption, it's literally shown since episode 1:

Chiibi said:
If she was really that upset by it, she'd do something about it. Plain and simple.

Wow... First of all, a victim not calling out or taking action against a harasser doesn't mean she's not upset or that she enjoys it (that's what a harasser would like to believe). Education is the key. Please read this again:

Second, in the case of this anime, she already took action. Watch the episodes again maybe? MC girl told the creep AND her sister that she's uncomfortable with all that stuff, but both have continued relentlessly after that. It's not the harasser who decides where the "line" is (this should be obvious...)

If you want to believe all this is some sort of cute romance just because they added shojo-esque elements here and there, that's on you.
Apr 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
@skysurf

To be honest, I think you are just trying to create problems out of nothing because you are really bored....like everyone ELSE who wants to be mad at cartoons....but I don't care enough to argue with you lol

Apr 16, 2021 8:41 PM
Apr 2020
Chiibi said:
@skysurf

To be honest, I think you are just trying to create problems out of nothing because you are really bored....like everyone ELSE who wants to be mad at cartoons....but I don't care enough to argue with you lol

to me it seems like you just cant accept the fact that the mc you most likely like and adore
is a creepy middle aged man going after an under aged highschool girl by stalking her even when she is clearly saying she is uncomfortable
he is also trying to intimidate an innocent under aged highschool boy because he feels threatened by him. what a looser
ayaan692Apr 16, 2021 8:44 PM
Apr 17, 2021 3:42 AM

Jul 2020
Chiibi said:
@skysurf

But then you used your time to reply anyways.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
ayaan692 said:

to me it seems like you just cant accept the fact that the mc you most likely like and adore

I don't "adore" him but POLICING fiction is stupid and people need to stop doing it.

he is also trying to intimidate an innocent under aged highschool boy because he feels threatened by him. what a looser

I agree he is a loser for doing that, yes.

@Scordolo lol please stay out of it.

Apr 17, 2021 4:33 PM
Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
POLICING fiction is stupid and people need to stop doing it.

Is that how you call the simple and natural fact that not everyone likes the same things as you do?

Sounds like a futile effort telling people not to have critical opinions.

Anyway, at least you did good in bailing out of the conversation after your argument of "lines have not been crossed because MC girl doesn't look upset" got into the spotlight.
Apr 17, 2021 7:00 PM

Oct 2017
" Is there more to this than a creep harassing a high school girl?"
I was pretty sure already but after watching episode 3 it's even harder not to answer"no" to that.

skysurf said:
I wouldn't mind some wholesome age-gap romance story but so far this seems to be simply about a dude stalking/harassing/gaslighting a high school girl...

We can add possesive/obsessive/authoritarian behaviour and threatening a highschool boy to that list now.... Ryou comes off more like a psychopath or sociopath to me.
With a few minor tweaks this could easily become a horror/thriller show.
Misuta-KitsuneApr 17, 2021 9:48 PM
Apr 17, 2021 8:00 PM
Dec 2018
Misuta-Kitsune said:
We can add possesive/obsessive/authoritarian behaviour and threatening a highschool boy to that list now.... Ryou comes off more like a psychopath or sociopath to me.
With a few minor tweaks this could easily become a horror/thriller show.

Yeah things are kinda going downhill. Seems like the answer so far to the original question in this thread is, yes, there's more to it, but not in the good sense.

The dude didn't even have a problem in assaulting that adult woman in a public place.
Apr 18, 2021 8:43 AM

Nov 2008
skysurf said:
Chiibi said:
POLICING fiction is stupid and people need to stop doing it.

Is that how you call the simple and natural fact that not everyone likes the same things as you do?

Sounds like a futile effort telling people not to have critical opinions.

Lol, no don't give me that crap.

You are trying to force your opinion on everyone that the anime is "morally wrong" and I've seen you do it on other topics as well like lolicon ones.

Maybe forcing it isn't your intention but that's certainly how it comes across.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

149 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

60 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.